Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,367 members, 7,815,785 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

Sanwo-olu Wants Construction Of 4th Mainland Bridge To Commence March - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-olu Wants Construction Of 4th Mainland Bridge To Commence March (9697 Views)

4th Mainland Bridge: LASG Names CCECC-CRCCIG Preffered Bidder / Lagos Moves Fast To Build $2.5 Billion 4th Mainland Bridge / 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sanwo-olu Wants Construction Of 4th Mainland Bridge To Commence March by dre11(m): 9:58am On Feb 06
By Oluyemi Ogunseyin

Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, wants the construction of the 4th Mainland Bridge to commence in March 2024.

Sanwo-Olu, who is currently on a working visit to China alongside some government officials, set the date for Saturday when he took a trip from Beijing to Dalian, a city famous for its aquatic products and a coastline of about 1,900 kilometres in the North-east of China.

The governor, according to a statement, gave his reassurance to Lagosians that the long-awaited Fourth Mainland Bridge project would commence very shortly.

Sanwo-Olu also called on the contractor handling the project, China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation (CCECC), to make sure that the ground-breaking of the project is done in March.

The Fourth Mainland Bridge is one of our legacy projects. We are committed to that project. We want to do that project like yesterday. We have assured Lagosians that this administration is going to do it,” Sanwo-Olu said.

We are working with your team back in Nigeria to see how best we can start that project as soon as possible. We don’t have all the funding to do it, but we have a lot of pressure from different people. So, if CCECC can help us, we can sit together and try and see how much funding we both can raise and start the project.

“I have to deliver this project. I have got only three years to go and I have to deliver it. You (President of CCECC) have to help me to ensure that we deliver the Fourth Mainland Bridge. It is what we need in the state, and it is something that we want to do. We have been talking about it for a long time and I want to put it behind me.

“It has to start very soon. I made a commitment before the end of the first quarter; if I can achieve that, I will be very happy. I want to break ground, may be in March or April, to start that project. I will be happy if Mr. President of CCECC helps me to achieve this. It would be one of my greatest joy as a governor in the state.

https://guardian.ng/news/sanwo-olu-wants-construction-of-4th-mainland-bridge-to-commence-march/

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-olu Wants Construction Of 4th Mainland Bridge To Commence March by NavasBit: 10:12am On Feb 06
Good development. I dedicate first comment to my love. Since 2014 wow amazing!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-olu Wants Construction Of 4th Mainland Bridge To Commence March by niyisky: 10:13am On Feb 06
Come be like say Sanwo Eko want contest for third term grin

Homie is firing from all corners.
Truth is if we want real growth and development, we must be ready to do things differently. Lagos is a vivid example.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-olu Wants Construction Of 4th Mainland Bridge To Commence March by Panda7(m): 10:13am On Feb 06
Re: Sanwo-olu Wants Construction Of 4th Mainland Bridge To Commence March by johnog4sure: 10:13am On Feb 06
Good! lets commend them when they do great

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-olu Wants Construction Of 4th Mainland Bridge To Commence March by ChicagoBar(m): 10:13am On Feb 06
My Governor

10 Likes

Re: Sanwo-olu Wants Construction Of 4th Mainland Bridge To Commence March by Ambassador1991(m): 10:13am On Feb 06
That will be interesting and decongest other bridges, especially the Third Mainland.

9 Likes

Re: Sanwo-olu Wants Construction Of 4th Mainland Bridge To Commence March by omoadeleye(m): 10:14am On Feb 06
We know the governor working in Nigeria but their are some people that their existence is fraud in which they're known as Gbajue won't let us hear the words or see road that one particular governor is the best and only governor working in Nigeria.

They are illiterates and barbaric because they can't differentiate between a governor that is currently doing a work to a governor that keep saying he will do this and he will do that on top low IGR .

17 Likes

Re: Sanwo-olu Wants Construction Of 4th Mainland Bridge To Commence March by Iamdboss: 10:14am On Feb 06
A
Re: Sanwo-olu Wants Construction Of 4th Mainland Bridge To Commence March by Atarakpa: 10:14am On Feb 06
Once the 25% mobilization fee is ready trust contractors their equipment will be on site

5 Likes

Re: Sanwo-olu Wants Construction Of 4th Mainland Bridge To Commence March by Ozommadu: 10:15am On Feb 06
Good for him

I hope he starts and completes it, abandoned and looted projects can never be lagos people's portion.

6 Likes

Re: Sanwo-olu Wants Construction Of 4th Mainland Bridge To Commence March by BobbieZion(m): 10:16am On Feb 06
johnog4sure:
Good! lets commend them when they do great

Good!!
Re: Sanwo-olu Wants Construction Of 4th Mainland Bridge To Commence March by kingharzy: 10:16am On Feb 06
LOL....
The only governor who does and let you talk.
His colleagues just love airports, Europe and the feeling of actually doing something reasonable. Eventually they still look up to Lagos.

LOL....

3 Likes

Re: Sanwo-olu Wants Construction Of 4th Mainland Bridge To Commence March by Timothy89(m): 10:18am On Feb 06
Many people that voted for you for second term aren't regretting, we avoided that mumu Biafra by heart and we will continue to do

27 Likes

Re: Sanwo-olu Wants Construction Of 4th Mainland Bridge To Commence March by Anguldi(m): 10:20am On Feb 06
Collect kickback upfront before leaving seat
Re: Sanwo-olu Wants Construction Of 4th Mainland Bridge To Commence March by aguluobi: 10:21am On Feb 06
He understands he did not do enough in his first term so he needs to make up for lost time. His personal legacy is at stake.

If he end with his last tenure performance he will forever remain behind Fashola Amosun Ambode in the scheme of political rating among the Yorubas so beta make hay while the sun shines now or never.

niyisky:
Come be like say Sanwo Eko want contest for third term grin

Homie is firing from all corners.
Truth is if we want real growth and development, we must be ready to do things differently. Lagos is a vivid example.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Wants Construction Of 4th Mainland Bridge To Commence March by Pio44: 10:21am On Feb 06
Where is BAT
Re: Sanwo-olu Wants Construction Of 4th Mainland Bridge To Commence March by Anguldi(m): 10:21am On Feb 06
E go reach everybody

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-olu Wants Construction Of 4th Mainland Bridge To Commence March by LagosFc: 10:21am On Feb 06
dre11:

https://guardian.ng/news/sanwo-olu-wants-construction-of-4th-mainland-bridge-to-commence-march/
grin my lagos is always in the news for good reasons, so proud to be a son of the soil grin may God continue to bless us with visionary leaders . ..eko o ni baje oo

9 Likes

Re: Sanwo-olu Wants Construction Of 4th Mainland Bridge To Commence March by Kingrshd3: 10:21am On Feb 06
Ok we don hear so when Lagos rice go dey available
Re: Sanwo-olu Wants Construction Of 4th Mainland Bridge To Commence March by Peejayz: 10:23am On Feb 06
Some people called us tribal bigot for voting sanwo olu and not the other guy

How will you overlook someon that did well in his first tenure and vote for someone we don't know from anywhere

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sanwo-olu Wants Construction Of 4th Mainland Bridge To Commence March by Biodun556(m): 10:24am On Feb 06
Ozommadu:
Good for him

I hope he starts and completes it, abandoned and looted projects can never be lagos people's portion.

If you know the size of the project, you will not assume it should be completed under his remaining 4 year tenure. It not possible

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-olu Wants Construction Of 4th Mainland Bridge To Commence March by HajiMT: 10:24am On Feb 06
There is a reason why our fathers say, town/city like Lagos is hard to come by.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Wants Construction Of 4th Mainland Bridge To Commence March by aguluobi: 10:24am On Feb 06
Bro no de make this kind post Anambra mothers are selling their first child to feed on a scale never imagined I can send you the link in case you have not seen it.

Na your people e bi wan kill trutru.

Anguldi:
E go reach everybody

5 Likes

Re: Sanwo-olu Wants Construction Of 4th Mainland Bridge To Commence March by nickxtra(m): 10:25am On Feb 06
dre11:

Can you sense the strong passion and commitment from that statement?

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Wants Construction Of 4th Mainland Bridge To Commence March by kenny714433(m): 10:27am On Feb 06
Good one Lagos
Re: Sanwo-olu Wants Construction Of 4th Mainland Bridge To Commence March by JohnAOne: 10:27am On Feb 06
The 4th mainland bridge will start and be completed.

God bless Lagos.

God bless YORUBALAND.

God bless Nigeria.

8 Likes

Re: Sanwo-olu Wants Construction Of 4th Mainland Bridge To Commence March by Coronavirus1: 10:28am On Feb 06
He is a thoroughbred hypocrite; ethnic & tribal bigot. It is good to be properly educated, but if education cannot wash off primitivity & double-speak in a person, it is worthless. To prove my point, this man led a protest when Jonathan removed (real) subsidy & petrol price increased from N87 to N120. He called his gang of tribal bigots SAVE NIGERIA. Again, he called Goodluck Jonathan a 'terrorist', and his wife 'shepopotamus'. He called him all sorts of names claiming that the Jonathan had almost damaged the economy beyond repairs when $1 was 190 naira. I am talking about a sitting president here. Today, a litre of fuel is N650. $1 goes for N1580. In all these, 'professor' has never uttered a word against the abnormality because his tribal man & friend is in charge. Is this how a learned man should behave? He is a product of the dark days when people depended on NTA & Radio Nigeria for information. Contrary to his expectations, Social media has indeed shattered his world of false activism & bizarre information.
Sawolu doing a good job.

Re: Sanwo-olu Wants Construction Of 4th Mainland Bridge To Commence March by Enemyofpeace: 10:29am On Feb 06
Very good

Get at least two rooms before u start having kids fa,
A boy asked his father, what are u doing on top of mummy everytime?🤷🤷
🙆🙆🙆😝

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Okorocha Begins Payment Of Stipend To School Children / NaijaCyberActivists Hack Nigerian Army Website, warn them to keep off streets / The Elusive Director Of Radio Biafra Surface Live In Aba Now-(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.