Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Automobiles Of The 1970s: Which One Can You Recognise? - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Automobiles Of The 1970s: Which One Can You Recognise? (32616 Views)

Mercedes Benz Of The 1960s, 1970s And 1980s Which Was Your Favourite? / Vehicles Registration Made Easy For Various Types Of Automobiles / Family-friendly 2006 Highlander 3 Row Seats Fear Not Automobiles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Automobiles Of The 1970s: Which One Can You Recognise? by Treasure17(m): 3:53pm On Feb 06
Greenfaces:

Exactly.
Why is there so much competition and dissatisfaction though
Human beings are insatiable.
Re: Automobiles Of The 1970s: Which One Can You Recognise? by sukkot: 3:53pm On Feb 06
nairalanda1:

Actually Germany
oh ok that’s Germany ? Makes sense
Re: Automobiles Of The 1970s: Which One Can You Recognise? by StreetTyga: 3:53pm On Feb 06
Everything fades. But the the word of God remains everlasting.

2 Likes

Re: Automobiles Of The 1970s: Which One Can You Recognise? by Kenmatt(m): 3:54pm On Feb 06
owiko:
No be Micra wey full Ibadan I the see so?

Micra still dey Ibadan?

Wait ooh!

Na because say them say Ibadan na ancient City, na wetin make old houses, old vehicles, everything old full Ibadan
Re: Automobiles Of The 1970s: Which One Can You Recognise? by Greenfaces: 3:55pm On Feb 06
Treasure17:

Human beings are insatiable.
I need a quiet place to contemplate on the realities of life. I'm swept off by the everyday hustle and bustle. Bills, rivalries, haters, mistakes of the past and repeated patterns. I think I need a new place and space to detoxify and access the depths of my minds capacity to reason

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Automobiles Of The 1970s: Which One Can You Recognise? by Abagworo(m): 3:57pm On Feb 06
That Volkswagen bus remained as the most common bus plying Ikwerre road till 2010s. There's still plenty of them plying that route in Port Harcourt till date

1 Like

Re: Automobiles Of The 1970s: Which One Can You Recognise? by F117nighthawk: 4:02pm On Feb 06
Saw all,open,lada,Datsun, Mercedes Benz,VW bus, Peugeot 404, Toyota crown,Fiat, Peugeot 504,BMW,Toyota corona, Toyota Cressida
Re: Automobiles Of The 1970s: Which One Can You Recognise? by emnite(m): 4:04pm On Feb 06
Santana 504 mercedes Benz 230 danfo
Re: Automobiles Of The 1970s: Which One Can You Recognise? by lexy2014: 4:05pm On Feb 06
Authoreety:
See clean cars na...

I see Volkswagen bus...

Kombi bus

1 Like

Re: Automobiles Of The 1970s: Which One Can You Recognise? by Treasure17(m): 4:05pm On Feb 06
Greenfaces:
I need a quiet place to contemplate on the realities of life. I'm swept off by the everyday hustle and bustle. Bills, rivalries, haters, mistakes of the past and repeated patterns. I think I need a new place and space to detoxify and access the depths of my minds capacity to reason
Unfortunately it's same everywhere but the pattern might differs to some extent. You just need a contentment personality and be a good person and let the chips fall where they may.

1 Like

Re: Automobiles Of The 1970s: Which One Can You Recognise? by lexy2014: 4:06pm On Feb 06
Racoon:
I see the Mercedes Benz concorde, 504 Salon, Renault, Fiat salon..................? Sedan?

where did u see renault and fiat?
Re: Automobiles Of The 1970s: Which One Can You Recognise? by skj1377(m): 4:06pm On Feb 06
Benz 200 flat boot and danfo or combi bus
Re: Automobiles Of The 1970s: Which One Can You Recognise? by GreaterFuture(m): 4:06pm On Feb 06
Few
Re: Automobiles Of The 1970s: Which One Can You Recognise? by Emma1Oj(m): 4:12pm On Feb 06
Brendaniel:
I recognize almost all of them....
Ancestor
Re: Automobiles Of The 1970s: Which One Can You Recognise? by 1234michael: 4:16pm On Feb 06
Daihatsu Charade
Re: Automobiles Of The 1970s: Which One Can You Recognise? by aidoko1: 4:16pm On Feb 06
We never still get this road for 2024

1 Like

Re: Automobiles Of The 1970s: Which One Can You Recognise? by 1234michael: 4:17pm On Feb 06
Eriokanmi:
Fiat
Lada
Renault TS
Peugeot 504 Sedan
Peugeot 404 Sedan
Audi Sedan
Mercedes Benz
Volkwagen Bus
Datsun Salon
Volkswagen Jetta A1

Can't recognise the rest.

Daihatsu Charade
Re: Automobiles Of The 1970s: Which One Can You Recognise? by Eriokanmi: 4:19pm On Feb 06
1234michael:

Daihatsu Charade
Wow! Thanks

1 Like

Re: Automobiles Of The 1970s: Which One Can You Recognise? by Fujiyama: 4:28pm On Feb 06
Not a fan of Mercedes. Probably wouldn't buy one even if I could afford it. tongue

But...there's always been something special about Benz styling. The SEL in those pictures is long gone...but that chrome grille, the chrome bumpers, the chrome windshield borders...the general low sitting profile of the vehicle...they all say something about Mercedes designers and how they saw their cars.

Mercedes designers again struck gold with the styling of the CLS models of the early 2000s. Those C219 Mercedes designers must have started work with a teardrop as the design motif. I don't think any other executive saloon car from that era even comes close, styling wise.

Fantastic styling. Pity about Mercedes reliability - real shame the cars just don't hold up very well over time.
Re: Automobiles Of The 1970s: Which One Can You Recognise? by Smithwilliams826: 4:37pm On Feb 06
Those vehicles are far stronger than our present ones
Re: Automobiles Of The 1970s: Which One Can You Recognise? by MsAllison(f): 4:38pm On Feb 06
solmusdesigns:
cool

Mercedes Benz, Volkswagen, Opel , Peugeot
sugar pie 🥧
how are you doing
Re: Automobiles Of The 1970s: Which One Can You Recognise? by Brendaniel: 4:40pm On Feb 06
Emma1Oj:
Ancestor

Haba bros, I still get elders for here o grin
Re: Automobiles Of The 1970s: Which One Can You Recognise? by Siberia01(m): 4:42pm On Feb 06
cool
That's the autobahn in Germany...
Been there in the 70s
I can see the legendary 504 and 404
Re: Automobiles Of The 1970s: Which One Can You Recognise? by optimusprime2(m): 4:47pm On Feb 06
Omo! grin
I recognised all of them ... as a child I remember my family once owning three of the cars in the photo ... na so I don old grin grin
Re: Automobiles Of The 1970s: Which One Can You Recognise? by AlvinOO7: 4:47pm On Feb 06
There are 3 Toyota Corolla sedan in the picture. Its been a long time coming.

Re: Automobiles Of The 1970s: Which One Can You Recognise? by BabaRamota1980: 4:55pm On Feb 06
I see following:

Lada
Opel
K70
Rover
Ford
vw kombi
vw rabbit
Granada
Austin lorry
Mercedes
Bmw
Peugeot
Fiat
Renault
Citreon
Suzuki
Isuzu
Datsun
Daihatsu
Corolla
Cressida
Toyota

All these yeye small pikin nowadays dont know what we enjoyed back in our days. grin grin grin
Re: Automobiles Of The 1970s: Which One Can You Recognise? by Jessyjeff: 4:56pm On Feb 06
sukkot:
Looks more civilized back then . What happened to us ? We regressed
Dude, the automobiles were crusing on German Autobahn. Nigeria has no Autobahn, even now.

Check out the plate numbers of those vehicles - Hamburg, Hannover, Augsburg.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Automobiles Of The 1970s: Which One Can You Recognise? by papyjaypaul: 4:59pm On Feb 06
Greenfaces:

If you have the money, sleep at the Beach. The waves will help you think about life.

If you want cheap way, try Sunday morning when people have gone to church. Walk around. All you need is some peace and quiet.

2 Likes

Re: Automobiles Of The 1970s: Which One Can You Recognise? by Deffi(m): 5:00pm On Feb 06
Russian car, Lada in yellow at the back middle lane, good old Volkwagen bus, combi or danfo, lane2; 3 now-old mercedes benz 180/200 in there too, 2 Peugeot cars following each other right lane, back;, opel car right lane, looks like a VW Golf car, middle lane, Audi in the left lane in front of those caravan-like trucks.....etc

Those cars served us in the world then; very rugged and reliable, but age has condemned them all now, except those that their owners painstakingly took great care of them. That's life.

The Son of The Almighty said: heaven (the skies above us-the clouds, space etc) and earth will pass away, "BUT MY WORDS WILL NEVER PASS AWAY" . HOLY BIBLE-- Matthew chapter24:35
Those and others have passed away as foretold, indeed, ONLY THE WORDS OF GOD will never pass away....Hold unto His Holy Word

Re: Automobiles Of The 1970s: Which One Can You Recognise? by Bullet01(f): 5:03pm On Feb 06
All I see is orderliness. So lovely
Re: Automobiles Of The 1970s: Which One Can You Recognise? by Greenfaces: 5:10pm On Feb 06
papyjaypaul:

If you have the money, sleep at the Beach. The waves will help you think about life.

If you want cheap way, try Sunday morning when people have gone to church. Walk around. All you need is some peace and quiet.
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2 Units Of 2015 Model Benz S550 4matic And S65 Amg Toks Fully Loaded. / Where Is The Best Place To Buy A Car In Nigeria ? (top 3 Places) / ******Fulfill your desires**Pre-order quality cars from USA and Worldwide****

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.