Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,492 members, 7,816,166 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

Charly Boy: I Was Scamming Banks Before 419 Started - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Charly Boy: I Was Scamming Banks Before 419 Started (21964 Views)

Ed Sheeran: I Worked With Burna Boy, I Have Never Seen Anyone Ingest More Weed / Charly Boy: I Am Tired Of My 45 Years Of Marriage / Burna Boy: I Am Not Worth $3.5 Million, That Won’t Even Buy My Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Charly Boy: I Was Scamming Banks Before 419 Started by joelbooks: 2:49pm On Feb 06
Veteran singer and social activist, Charles Oputa, aka Charly Boy, has said that he engaged in scamming before 419 became popular in Nigeria.

Advance fee fraud or “419 fraud”, is a scheme in which a sender requests help facilitating the illegal transfer of money, according to Wikipedia.

The scam typically involves promising the victim a significant share of a large sum of money, in return for a small up-front payment, which the fraudster claims will be used to obtain the large sum.

If a victim makes the payment, the fraudster either invents a series of further fees for the victim to pay or simply disappears.

Speaking in the latest episode of The Honest Bunch Podcast, co-hosted by actor, Chinedu Ani Emmanuel, aka Nedu, Charley Boy said he engaged in scamming banks before 419 became popular.

He also revealed that his dad, the late Justice Chukwudifu Oputa, damaged him through religion.

“I spoil from belle because at 16, I don born. My first son is almost 53. I was scamming banks even before una begin hear of 419, I don do small. My papa, when I dey small he damage me with religion and religiousity,” he said.

Charly Boy had in August 2022 argued that marriage is a lifetime sentence

However, in an interview with Saturday Beats, the ‘Area Fada’ said, “Some people are asking me how I have managed to stay in marriage for 45 years. It is hard work. It is not that it has entirely been a sweet experience for me. My marriage is not perfect but we are a perfect match made in heaven.

“Young people usually believe that love is all they need to marry. That is a big lie. That was what I was trying to say (in my post on social media). When I talk, people should think deeper. I have been married for 45 years. What remains again? I can as well finish 10 or 20 more years because it is a life sentence.”
https://punchng.com/i-was-scamming-banks-before-419-started-charly-boy/

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Charly Boy: I Was Scamming Banks Before 419 Started by thesicilian: 2:50pm On Feb 06
Nothing new with obidients

78 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Charly Boy: I Was Scamming Banks Before 419 Started by illicit(m): 2:51pm On Feb 06
Gbajue

🥵

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Charly Boy: I Was Scamming Banks Before 419 Started by Spybradd: 2:51pm On Feb 06
"obidient Charlie boy"..
How stupid and hopeless and imbecilic can losers in power and their dull supporters be 😁

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Charly Boy: I Was Scamming Banks Before 419 Started by christistruth01: 2:52pm On Feb 06
You were said to have been molesting Young boys too

No normal man dresses like this

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Charly Boy: I Was Scamming Banks Before 419 Started by EmperorCaesar(m): 4:08pm On Feb 06
Spybradd:
"obidient Charlie boy"..
How stupid and hopeless and imbecilic can losers in power and their dull supporters be 😁

The stupid one here is u who couldnt even go through the link, read through and condemn the act

I have always maintained that the supporters of Agulu liar are never smart, which of u sounded more illogical now??

Na Obi-dients role model be this?? cheesy cheesy cheesy

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Charly Boy: I Was Scamming Banks Before 419 Started by gbaskiboy: 4:20pm On Feb 06
EmperorCaesar:

The stupid one here is u who couldnt even go through the link, read through and condemn the act

I have always maintained that the supporters of Agulu liar are never smart, which of u sounded more illogical now??

Kindly channel your frustrations to Tinubu baba disaster you voted for. Was Tinubu not into drug before he becomes president? You can do better bro

84 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Charly Boy: I Was Scamming Banks Before 419 Started by EverythingPhone(m): 5:08am On Feb 07
shocked

Meanwhile I . Track lost or stolen phones or devices at a fee A trial will definitely convince you contact me via siggy below

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Charly Boy: I Was Scamming Banks Before 419 Started by Rekyz(m): 5:09am On Feb 07
thesicilian:
I thought we've gone pass this.
Hold your leaders accountable! Oh no! Your e*pty head won't let you do so. Oh! Obidients are the problem.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Charly Boy: I Was Scamming Banks Before 419 Started by princehinnex: 5:10am On Feb 07
gbaskiboy:
Kindly channel your frustrations to Tinubu baba disaster you voted for. Was Tinubu not into drug before he becomes president? You can do better bro
Violence is hot already, you don't need to propagate hot violence........a man came and gave an honest review of his life and sharing life valuable lessons, una don turn am to politics, sometimes reason with the back of your head small before typing with free basics...na the fellow above o no be you o.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Charly Boy: I Was Scamming Banks Before 419 Started by Atarakpa: 5:10am On Feb 07
And he refused to give us details. Lori iro
Re: Charly Boy: I Was Scamming Banks Before 419 Started by RapistOnBail: 5:10am On Feb 07
What's the fastest poison to give my neighbor dog? I need answers fast

5 Likes

Re: Charly Boy: I Was Scamming Banks Before 419 Started by santaclaws: 5:10am On Feb 07
Live confession... He should be arrested and put in jail.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Charly Boy: I Was Scamming Banks Before 419 Started by Omoboricash(m): 5:11am On Feb 07
Only you, a scammer and gay. We really dodge stray bullet. Is it the kind of people ellup want to give us.
Well im not surprised, even their principal is a scammer

16 Likes

Re: Charly Boy: I Was Scamming Banks Before 419 Started by Chizillar1(m): 5:12am On Feb 07
Ok
Re: Charly Boy: I Was Scamming Banks Before 419 Started by agabusta: 5:17am On Feb 07
He spoke the truth like a real gangster. He is now a retired 419.

The best the law enforcement can do is to advise him to peacefully remain in retirement.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Charly Boy: I Was Scamming Banks Before 419 Started by seunayantokun(m): 5:17am On Feb 07
Some of the elements of the wonder banks of those days?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Charly Boy: I Was Scamming Banks Before 419 Started by SaLongs1(m): 5:19am On Feb 07
EmperorCaesar:

Na Obi be ya current president abi kini...

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Charly Boy: I Was Scamming Banks Before 419 Started by 9jaBloke: 5:21am On Feb 07
cry

In one's book of life, some pages are not meant to be read aloud.

22 Likes

Re: Charly Boy: I Was Scamming Banks Before 419 Started by Mindlog: 5:25am On Feb 07
Atarakpa:
And he refused to give us details. Lori iro

They were bank scammers in the 70s and 80s before the birth of the internet!

Governor Uzodinma and Governor Dapo Abiodun were into such, in their younger days.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Charly Boy: I Was Scamming Banks Before 419 Started by Nahunger(m): 5:33am On Feb 07

Old age is supposed to come with wisdom.
If only our judiciary was indeed policing this country, in this country anybody can get away with anything that's why the elites say one thing and use English to interpret English later o lol

1 Like

Re: Charly Boy: I Was Scamming Banks Before 419 Started by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 5:34am On Feb 07
They are all scammers and spoilt children
thesicilian:

7 Likes

Re: Charly Boy: I Was Scamming Banks Before 419 Started by siraj1402(m): 5:36am On Feb 07
Summarily
1. Charly Boy, known for his activism and music career, confessed to participating in scamming before the infamous 419 fraud became prevalent in Nigeria.
2. During an episode of The Honest Bunch Podcast, he opened up about his early involvement in fraudulent activities, including scamming banks.
3. Reflecting on his upbringing, Charly Boy attributed some of his challenges to his father's influence, particularly in matters of religion.
4. Despite his controversial past, he shared insights on the complexities of marriage, emphasizing the hard work and dedication required for a lasting relationship.
5. Charly Boy's perspective on marriage challenges conventional notions of love as the sole basis for lifelong commitment, suggesting that it entails much more than romantic feelings.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Charly Boy: I Was Scamming Banks Before 419 Started by OilandGasMarket: 5:39am On Feb 07
Contact me if you need home/office delivery for petroleum products
Re: Charly Boy: I Was Scamming Banks Before 419 Started by SAMBARRY: 5:41am On Feb 07
See what an adult is openly admitting.tomorrow he will be having mouth to criticize Nigerian politicians

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Charly Boy: I Was Scamming Banks Before 419 Started by Major7: 5:45am On Feb 07
RapistOnBail:
What's the fastest poison to give my neighbor dog? I need answers fast

Fear God, dog lives matter,let the poor dog breathe

2 Likes

Re: Charly Boy: I Was Scamming Banks Before 419 Started by nairalee(m): 5:49am On Feb 07
Some people just sit down and think

"I've not been making any wave recently on social media or news. Let me think of something sensational to say that will make them remember my name"

3 Likes

Re: Charly Boy: I Was Scamming Banks Before 419 Started by wediehere1: 5:57am On Feb 07
The tribe you come from can commit crimes anywhere in the world

8 Likes

Re: Charly Boy: I Was Scamming Banks Before 419 Started by Oboto700(m): 6:14am On Feb 07
And this one get followers ooo. Chai

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Charly Boy: I Was Scamming Banks Before 419 Started by pafun(m): 6:24am On Feb 07
See Peter Obi friend and champion follower grin grin

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Caroline Danjuma Stuns At Celebrity Football Match In Ghana (photos) / Leo And Ifu Ennada Stun In Gucci For One Africa Music Fest (photos) / Ufuoma Mcdermott At The Boston Marathon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.