Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,950 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:06 AM

Massive Protests At Michael Okpara University, Umudike - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Massive Protests At Michael Okpara University, Umudike (37553 Views)

Damage At Michael Okpara University Heartbreaking, Will Cost N2bn To Repair / Michael Okpara University Umudike Shut Down Indefinitely / Michael Okpara University Final Year Students Spray Cash After Final Paper (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Massive Protests At Michael Okpara University, Umudike by haffaze777(m): 5:18pm On Feb 06
tishbite43:

The people in the video I watched are fresher than you will ever be

Hunger in the Old East can't be compared to the famine in ryt the North and West
And that's a fact nigga

But Northerners and westerners no dey sell their pikin use money buy breadgrin
Re: Massive Protests At Michael Okpara University, Umudike by Yankee101: 5:19pm On Feb 06
You allow kids to take exams but hold unto the results until they pay

That way they won’t lose a year for lack of finances

Barring them from the exams is an automatic carryover which is unfair

You promised students loans yet no loans no scholarships only increments in school fees
Re: Massive Protests At Michael Okpara University, Umudike by rickyrex(m): 5:22pm On Feb 06
Alexis11:
Attacking the VC is not necessary.

I thought they are all Billionaires from that part of the country?
and so they should dash out money unwisely
Re: Massive Protests At Michael Okpara University, Umudike by zoedew: 5:23pm On Feb 06
pacesetting:
The same professor is the returning officer of Enugu governorship election.

He doesn't know one's actions can make you lose respect. He even went further to enforce the "no school fees no exams" policy himself.

A professor that doesn't know the impact of a carry over/spill over on the students wants them to keep quiet while he chases them out.

Smart leaders don't take their leadership roles too personal.

1 Like

Re: Massive Protests At Michael Okpara University, Umudike by barinedan(m): 5:36pm On Feb 06
Is good to takenlaw into ones hand at times, those men will just sit tight in their offices and increase tuition fees not minding the bad state of the economy. People are struggling to even meet up with the current tuition fees yet you are increasing it adding more pains to people. Rubbish country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Massive Protests At Michael Okpara University, Umudike by Blazebond(m): 5:37pm On Feb 06
Arobaga:
Country is in shambles while the useless fool that calls himself president is lying in France hospital bed treating infection
Let the protest continue na from small like this e dey start before you know e don spread and revolution will creep
in

Enemies of progress see Dem,una useless Peter obi will never smell the presidency,you all are pathetic fascists,una evil plan will consume all of.you in your dirty hole that you are hiding.una idiotic obi and senseless atiku would have also removed subsidy and did exactly all what tinubu is doing today,me i nor dey for partial for politics o,i go tell you the truth to your face.
Re: Massive Protests At Michael Okpara University, Umudike by Streetdreamx(m): 5:42pm On Feb 06
During Prof. Onyiudo tenure, I used to pay 28k as school fees. But now e don cast.
Re: Massive Protests At Michael Okpara University, Umudike by nedekid: 5:49pm On Feb 06
Abeg, send them home for 600 years jare. It will give the kids parents are suffering to send to private universities better opportunities ahead with less competition.

1 Like

Re: Massive Protests At Michael Okpara University, Umudike by Bobloco: 5:51pm On Feb 06
Throwback:
You mean billionaires no fit pay school fees?

Some of them that are owing are on Nairaland boasting that North and West are hungry, while they are lounging and chilling.

But we know better. The secret could not be contained for so long.

Some of them do not even know that they were sold to the parents they have come to know.

Your foolery is legendary
Re: Massive Protests At Michael Okpara University, Umudike by bluefilm: 5:54pm On Feb 06
Is it not this same man that called that nonsense result in Enugu governorship elections?
Re: Massive Protests At Michael Okpara University, Umudike by Patojargz: 6:10pm On Feb 06
JayyXXX:
[/b][/i]

This is furcking WRONG....

It will only worsen things.

Wrong how?

1 Like

Re: Massive Protests At Michael Okpara University, Umudike by JayyXXX(m): 6:11pm On Feb 06
sukar886:

Are you ok, what is fucking wrong, no gree for anybody, people have sufferd alot
You should be asking your Dad if he's okay

1 Like

Re: Massive Protests At Michael Okpara University, Umudike by AskNgige2: 6:17pm On Feb 06
Arobaga:

Exactly the point my brother

This is same reason you people are shouting Ebi paws ooo every 2seconds

Hunger don use una face rub for floor

Obi will never come to the rescue Tinubu till 2096

Lmao 🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣
Re: Massive Protests At Michael Okpara University, Umudike by Sunday2021: 6:19pm On Feb 06
Cromagnon:
go and read about revolutions, except for American own all the rest brought nothing but misery
our own will be like that of America
Re: Massive Protests At Michael Okpara University, Umudike by ronyman(m): 6:30pm On Feb 06
Na because e no reach you, why will you pursue a student from write exams because of school fees. Spill over students who had their fees to pay were not allowed to register at portal. No support evil.
fergie001:
Extremely wrong....
Re: Massive Protests At Michael Okpara University, Umudike by ronyman(m): 6:34pm On Feb 06
The man na lying bastard. All the messages he sent before the saga dey. He made payment of fees compulsory. I knew this would happen. Wendonnsave all the messages incsse theybwanna deny. And even saying 70% has paid, is he not evil to pursue the others whi haven't paid. Ppl are thanking God because till now dem nova get fees. Wicked men just dey rule that school
MyExpression:
For this hard time?

This one na mumu former Dean of Student affairs.

Him no reason the Student affairs well.

And see the reason in their letter...70% has paid, over 2000 still on the QUEUE TO REGISTER...he acknowledged that over 2000 were in waiting, yet the exams still went ahead.
Will they write while still on the queue?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Massive Protests At Michael Okpara University, Umudike by fergie001: 6:36pm On Feb 06
ronyman:
Na because e no reach you, why will you pursue a student from write exams because of school fees. Spill over students who had their fees to pay were not allowed to register at portal. No support evil.
Trying to attack the VC and destroying the school property is what I am condemning vehemently.

On their way back, they will pay for damages and still present a letter of undertaking from their Guardians not to do such again.

This is the pattern.

2 Likes

Re: Massive Protests At Michael Okpara University, Umudike by ezekuche(m): 6:40pm On Feb 06
Arobaga:

e Na e be say ur suffering to teeh from now till 2096
Re: Massive Protests At Michael Okpara University, Umudike by Aquila99: 6:55pm On Feb 06
Emperor5:

Mouau na yeye school ooo!
This issues of payment of fee before exam started during Edoga tenure we endure it then because the fee wasn't much.

I know. Edeoga time dey soft..
Re: Massive Protests At Michael Okpara University, Umudike by wman(m): 6:57pm On Feb 06
aariwa:
Consequences of denial of people an opportunity to elect their leaders. The chaos, hunger, hardship, hopelessness and anger all over the country is the direct result of the February 2023 falsified election results because the mandate thief has exposed himself as nothing more than a dunce and only skilled in criminality. After the rigged elections in February 2023 Femi Adeshina said Nigerians will miss buhari. Femi is a veteran journalist of almost 30 years who knew tinubu battle with gani Fawehimi of blessed memory over tinubu drug case, identity theft, certificate forgery etc so he knew tinubu even if you give him 30 years have nothing to offer Nigeria. A new Nigeria is possible with Peter Obi

The same Reno Omokri you quoted now support Tinubu the thief.

1 Like

Re: Massive Protests At Michael Okpara University, Umudike by benjaminlawson(m): 7:01pm On Feb 06
Please let someone close to the vc and the dean students' affairs of that institution how much they pay when they are in university. If those vc's in their time is as corrupt as they are today, will they enjoy that benefits. Their yatch always opened whenever efcc or icpc visits their institutions. The students union government in that school should ask him this question and never give in to any fee increment, because they are meant to be embezzled.
Re: Massive Protests At Michael Okpara University, Umudike by UnemployedGradu: 7:02pm On Feb 06
ezechi24:
I have said it before and I will say it again....apart from medicine and maybe engineering none of my children will go to higher institutions its a constant waste of time and resources ....imagine paying over 200 thousand naira a session for library and information science, for a child that will still come out and I'll be looking for a business he or she will do ...am I mad.
You are wrong. Medicine, nursing and pharmacy are the only lucrative courses now!

Engineerings and lawyers are jobless!
I want to marry a nurse.
Re: Massive Protests At Michael Okpara University, Umudike by chinasaekpere: 7:10pm On Feb 06
I attend Umudike, my school fees was 28k. Onyido was the VC.

Nigeria don cast
Re: Massive Protests At Michael Okpara University, Umudike by chinasaekpere: 7:11pm On Feb 06
UnemployedGradu:
You are wrong. Medicine, nursing and pharmacy are the only lucrative courses now!

Engineerings and lawyers are jobless!
I want to marry a nurse.
Computer science too.

You will Sha get a coding job
Re: Massive Protests At Michael Okpara University, Umudike by UnemployedGradu: 7:18pm On Feb 06
chinasaekpere:
Computer science too.

You will Sha get a coding job
how many tech companies pay well?
Re: Massive Protests At Michael Okpara University, Umudike by ufotunang: 7:24pm On Feb 06
Nawaoooo...see what APC and Tinubu has caused πŸ™„
Re: Massive Protests At Michael Okpara University, Umudike by ufotunang: 7:24pm On Feb 06
That is the renewed hope they promised nigeria students... nawaoooo πŸ™„
Re: Massive Protests At Michael Okpara University, Umudike by Hausa(m): 7:46pm On Feb 06
I know some people would be wondering how come.

Considering, the tertiary institution some of us went to, without your school fees complete, you won't even be allowed to register a course.
Hell, if you were in 100L or final year, you won't even be able to apply for a hostel without your school fees being fully paid and confirmed.

But here we are in 2024, some schools allow people to even go as far as sit in halls for exams, and then remember it's the best time to chase students away.
MBA naaw.

It's the same thing we noticed back then in some schools, where students are allowed to get admitted with incomplete results - whereby they write undertaking that they'll produce the result before they graduate.
Omo...
Things dey happen ooo.

1 Like

Re: Massive Protests At Michael Okpara University, Umudike by Calitoscassius(m): 7:52pm On Feb 06
Arobaga:

I don't know why Obi is even wasting his energy trying to save the Zoo? He should let the Zoo implode, afterall the poverty would not affect Obi, Obi is a wealthy man he should go enjoy his money, his wife and children
Re: Massive Protests At Michael Okpara University, Umudike by Calitoscassius(m): 7:53pm On Feb 06
They are not serious yet.
Re: Massive Protests At Michael Okpara University, Umudike by 12345baba(m): 7:56pm On Feb 06
Let the protests keep growing I go soon join. These leaders go hear am
Re: Massive Protests At Michael Okpara University, Umudike by Lumarstone: 8:00pm On Feb 06
Is Tinubu still alive? If yes why has he refused to address this nation as the president? If no let his vice take over and do something. Gradually it may be getting out hand. It started in Minna Niger state to the great city of Kano now at MOUAU.

I left..!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

ODUA Investment 2013 SCHOLARSHIP Awards / Impressive Stats Of Nigerian Americans And Their Academic Marvels In US (Video) / Okoli Ahize Chizoputam Killed By OAU Students Over Phone Theft Allegations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.