Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,027 members, 7,814,509 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

Court Sentences Chiamaka Ifezue To Death For The Murder Of Ijeoma Nneke - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Court Sentences Chiamaka Ifezue To Death For The Murder Of Ijeoma Nneke (66150 Views)

Court Sentences Tiktok User To 3 Years Jail For Defaming Eniola Badmus / Missing Ijeoma Neke Found Dead In Maryland Enugu (Photos) / Ezeobi Chiamaka Roseline: Missing 18-Year-Old SS3 Student In Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Sentences Chiamaka Ifezue To Death For The Murder Of Ijeoma Nneke by chokekachy: 7:10pm On Feb 07
Justice K.I. Okpe of the Enugu State High Court has sentenced Chiamaka Ifezue to death by hanging for the killing of a 27-year-old makeup artist, Ijeoma Nneke, on November 11, 2020.

Ifezue and her brother, Chukwuemeka, were arraigned before the court on two-count charge bordering on conspiracy and murder in 2021.

They were accused of forcing Nneke to drink a poisonous substance that caused her death.

The suspects allegedly dumped her body in the Maryland axis of the Enugu metropolis and poured a corrosive substance suspected to be acid on it.

During the trial, Justice Okpe discharged Chukwuemeka following a no-case submission pleaded by the defence counsel, Mr Chuma Oguejiofor.

In discharging Chukwuemeka, the trial judge held that there was no evidence that he participated in the crime.

However, delivering the final judgment on the case on Wednesday, Justice Okpe said the prosecution proved the case of murder against Ifezue beyond a reasonable doubt.

The court agreed with the submissions of Chinelo Chigbo, who led the prosecution from the Department of Public Prosecution, that the suspect was responsible for the death of the 27-year-old makeup artist based in Enugu.

The court consequently found Ifezue guilty of murder and sentenced her to death by hanging.

During the trial, the court admitted in evidence police exhibits on the case of the alleged murder of the makeup artist.

Chigbo led Prosecution Witness 7 (PW7), Sgt. Udeze Oguguo, a police officer, in evidence to tender the exhibits.

Oguguo, who is attached to the Independence Layout Police Division in Enugu, said the exhibits were recovered from the scene of the crime.

The exhibits included five pieces of 20 British pounds, an iPhone 7 Plus with an MTN SIM card, another iPhone device and a Blackberry phone.

Others are a broken 9Mobile SIM card, an itel phone, another black phone (no brand name), an MTN SIM pack, and makeup tools belonging to the deceased.

Also tendered in evidence was the key of a Toyota Metrix car with number plate JJJ410BJ which was allegedly used to move the dead body of the deceased from the scene of the crime to where it was dumped.

The police officer told the court that the car that had been parked at the Police Anti-Kidnap Formation is no longer in good condition to be moved to the court.

He also tendered hard copies of the WhatsApp messages and text messages the deceased had with her fiancé and girlfriend, respectively, while at the scene of the crime.

https://punchng.com/killer-of-enugu-makeup-artist-to-die-by-hanging/?utm_source=telegram&utm_medium=social&fbclid=IwAR0hMPt8cvmfo6XaaiXRA02Q_f8MbOE7IUu3phURR6catYdrUsLZ-FgGJyQ

Previous Thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/6258543/missing-ijeoma-neke-found-dead#96089427

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Sentences Chiamaka Ifezue To Death For The Murder Of Ijeoma Nneke by dominique(f): 7:17pm On Feb 07
Excellent judgement if only death penalties are actually carried out. The brother was an accomplice and should also be penalized

85 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Court Sentences Chiamaka Ifezue To Death For The Murder Of Ijeoma Nneke by illicit(m): 7:18pm On Feb 07
Buh why

😳
Re: Court Sentences Chiamaka Ifezue To Death For The Murder Of Ijeoma Nneke by Chukwuka319(m): 7:32pm On Feb 07
Death to all of them 1.Murderers 2.Rapists. 3.Kleptomaniac politicians 4.Kidnappers 5.Witches 6.Armed robbers

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Court Sentences Chiamaka Ifezue To Death For The Murder Of Ijeoma Nneke by kelvincoke(m): 8:21pm On Feb 07
May God help us to the Right path

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Sentences Chiamaka Ifezue To Death For The Murder Of Ijeoma Nneke by maureensylvia(f): 8:22pm On Feb 07
Long overdue
My only annoyance is I have never seen nor heard anyone actually killed. You only hear sentenced to death

Kil d gadam jezebel! I can’t b sharing same air i breath with her!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Sentences Chiamaka Ifezue To Death For The Murder Of Ijeoma Nneke by Angelfrost(m): 8:22pm On Feb 07
Since 2020?!!... 4 long years waiting for justice!

Nigerian Judiciary sef.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Sentences Chiamaka Ifezue To Death For The Murder Of Ijeoma Nneke by porthouse7(f): 8:23pm On Feb 07
Until the state govt sign it, she will shrink for prison

14 Likes

Re: Court Sentences Chiamaka Ifezue To Death For The Murder Of Ijeoma Nneke by Missyajoke(f): 8:24pm On Feb 07
Their actions speaks a lot about their family background. Any parents who ignore bad behavior of their children while growing up will regret it in the future. Their parents failed in their unbringing. I can never forget a lady I lived with in school as she lacks home training and she'll call the mum in my presence put imthe phone on loud speaker and will both insult me. I left the room and till now self she hasn't changed her bad behaviour. I almost had attack cause it was fight everytime. I will travel home from school so I can have peace of mind.

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Sentences Chiamaka Ifezue To Death For The Murder Of Ijeoma Nneke by wediehere1: 8:24pm On Feb 07
We dodged the bullet

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Sentences Chiamaka Ifezue To Death For The Murder Of Ijeoma Nneke by 900warriorz: 8:24pm On Feb 07
If State Govt no sign am, them go dey sample her kpekus for prison with promise to free her until she become evening newspaper grin

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Sentences Chiamaka Ifezue To Death For The Murder Of Ijeoma Nneke by SirIconR(m): 8:24pm On Feb 07
Delayed Justice is not denial.... Shai....

1 Like

Re: Court Sentences Chiamaka Ifezue To Death For The Murder Of Ijeoma Nneke by dlaw70(m): 8:24pm On Feb 07
kelvincoke:
May God help us to the Right path
e remain make state governor sign the death penalty now.
na there k leg the dey.
them no the gree sign am.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Sentences Chiamaka Ifezue To Death For The Murder Of Ijeoma Nneke by Pickmycall: 8:25pm On Feb 07
The judiciary is a mess.
Re: Court Sentences Chiamaka Ifezue To Death For The Murder Of Ijeoma Nneke by Mko123(m): 8:25pm On Feb 07
W
Re: Court Sentences Chiamaka Ifezue To Death For The Murder Of Ijeoma Nneke by Akfrenzy(m): 8:25pm On Feb 07
grin love this news

1 Like

Re: Court Sentences Chiamaka Ifezue To Death For The Murder Of Ijeoma Nneke by Obakoolex(m): 8:25pm On Feb 07
I wonder if people ever thought of being caught when they are carrying out their devilish act undecided

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Sentences Chiamaka Ifezue To Death For The Murder Of Ijeoma Nneke by CyracksMrBlogger(m): 8:27pm On Feb 07
maureensylvia:
Long overdue
My only annoyance is I have never seen nor heard anyone actually killed. You only hear sentenced to death

how much do you pay for the air you breath? Mind the words you choose before you start acting like her.

3 Likes

Re: Court Sentences Chiamaka Ifezue To Death For The Murder Of Ijeoma Nneke by UnknownQueen(f): 8:27pm On Feb 07
QuotientRule1:
No pity for him

No pity for her ni ooo
Re: Court Sentences Chiamaka Ifezue To Death For The Murder Of Ijeoma Nneke by grandstar(m): 8:30pm On Feb 07
How pesin go get mind kill anoda person de baffle me?

What is the gain?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Sentences Chiamaka Ifezue To Death For The Murder Of Ijeoma Nneke by babaRUNtinz(m): 8:31pm On Feb 07
Just find peace with your make oo
Re: Court Sentences Chiamaka Ifezue To Death For The Murder Of Ijeoma Nneke by BBIA: 8:31pm On Feb 07
illicit:
Buh why

😳
grin
Re: Court Sentences Chiamaka Ifezue To Death For The Murder Of Ijeoma Nneke by Thinktwicemybro: 8:31pm On Feb 07
Useless anger can cost you your life

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Sentences Chiamaka Ifezue To Death For The Murder Of Ijeoma Nneke by BlocksNG(m): 8:31pm On Feb 07
may God have mercy upon his soul.
Re: Court Sentences Chiamaka Ifezue To Death For The Murder Of Ijeoma Nneke by aariwa(m): 8:32pm On Feb 07
Justice Okpe is trying to polish the image of an institution already polluted by Tinubu / INEC supreme court . This is Justice well served..remain that female lawyer that brutalized a small child @ least 25 years imprisonment will be good for her

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Sentences Chiamaka Ifezue To Death For The Murder Of Ijeoma Nneke by spencekat(m): 8:33pm On Feb 07
dlaw70:

e remain make state governor sign the death penalty now.
na there k leg the dey.
them no the gree sign am.
The convicted can also exhaust all the legal windows(appeal and supreme courts) before the state governor can sign if he will.

1 Like

Re: Court Sentences Chiamaka Ifezue To Death For The Murder Of Ijeoma Nneke by BarrElChapo(m): 8:34pm On Feb 07
Slow pace of justice but thankfully justice has been served.
Re: Court Sentences Chiamaka Ifezue To Death For The Murder Of Ijeoma Nneke by Pat081: 8:34pm On Feb 07
maureensylvia:
Long overdue

they don't use to kill them like that it takes years to do so
Re: Court Sentences Chiamaka Ifezue To Death For The Murder Of Ijeoma Nneke by sacajawea: 8:34pm On Feb 07
Will she be Killed indeed?
Re: Court Sentences Chiamaka Ifezue To Death For The Murder Of Ijeoma Nneke by BarrElChapo(m): 8:35pm On Feb 07
aariwa:
Justice well served..remain that female lawyer that brutalized a small child @ least 25 years imprisonment will be good for her

She’s on the run but woe betide her when she’s apprehended.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EFCC Arrests 6 Yahoo Boys In Abuja, Recovers Cars, Laptops (Photos) / Woman Accused Of Witchcraft In Delta Stripped Unclad (Photos) / Popular Lagos Yahoo Boy, H-money Sentenced To 24 Years In Jail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.