Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,224 members, 7,822,142 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

List Of Smartypants Correct Predictions - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / List Of Smartypants Correct Predictions (76 Views)

Male Correct Predictions In Super Picks / Futbol24.ga Free Correct Predictions For Today 06/11/2017 / Futbol24.ga Free Correct Predictions For Today 02/11/2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

List Of Smartypants Correct Predictions by SmartyPants(m): 11:11am On Feb 08
Early in the tournament, I made a certain prediction based on my analysis of how Nigeria were playing at the time. A certain poster replied [screenshotted below] to insult me and at that moment I decided that I would not drag with him but would instead wait and make this thread in due time.

Well, due time has come, grin and as our people say, the lizard who fell from the tall tree clapped for himself because if i don't clap for myself, no one will.

Without further ado, here is a list of SmartyPants' posts and analyses that have proven to be exactly correct.

19th January 2024, just after Nigeria's second group game against Ivory Coast:

SmartyPants:

I'm not saying we're perfect - there are clearly issues but I see that you are actually underrating this team significantly. Nigeria has what it takes to win this cup from my observations so far based on:

1. Strong defensive unit. We seem to have a stable goalkeeper who may not be world-class but he is confident and does the basics well. You can see that the defenders in front of him have faith in him. This is crucial and a significant development from the Uzoho/Okoye days.

2. Strong individual attackers showing signs of improvement. Ademola Lookman and Osimhen have the potential to form an incredible partnership. I saw signs of it today. This needs time and as the tournament progresses, I am certain more will come from these two.

3. Useful options from the bench. Onuachu was brought on today to bring a different dimension to the game to help implement the coach's tactic of defending and seeing the game out. He did this excellently, showing his ability to hold on to possession and giving his teammates a chance to catch up and link up or draw a foul. Iheanacho and Moffi are also on the bench, each with a different set of traits they offer the team. This means that Nigeria essentially have the ability to rapidly adapt tactically to suit whatever opponent we are facing or to adapt to changing circumstances within games.

What I have outlined above are the critical ingredients required to win tournament football. 1. A sound defence. 2. Genuine attacking threat. 3. tactical flexibility.

I don't think this team will lose any game this tournament.

Jan 22:

SmartyPants:

A team that is persistently "lucky" is doing somethibg well.

SmartyPants:

We don't need to look too far back into history to see the truth. Last Afcon Egypt and Nigeria were in the same group. Nigeria got off to a great start and goals galore. Egypt looked destined for an early exit. We all saw how it ended. That was a clear example that in tournament football its not how you start that makes the difference.

We shall see.

SmartyPants:

Last Afcon from begining to end, the champuons scored a total of 9 goals. This is tournament football. A strong defence is the most important thing.

As for finishing its a matter of form. It will come.

Fellow Nigerians, did I lie?

(1) (Reply)

An Important Reguest For Osimehn / Can We Say The Winner Of This AFCON Is A Softy Winner? / �⚽ AFCON 2023 Final: Nigeria Vs. Ivory Coast - Probable XI And Match Preview ⚽

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.