Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,819 members, 7,820,885 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Only Persons Below 18 Will Be Issued Birth Certificate - NPC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Only Persons Below 18 Will Be Issued Birth Certificate - NPC (14852 Views)

Why We Banned Persons Below 40 From Pilgrimage – Nigeria’s Hajj Commission / Why We Banned Persons Below 40 From Pilgrimage – Nigeria’s Hajj Commission / Only Persons Of Integrity Will Be Appointed In My Next Cabinet — President Buhar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Only Persons Below 18 Will Be Issued Birth Certificate - NPC by JASONjnr(m): 7:43am On Feb 09
What nonsense are we doing in this country?

2 Likes

Re: Only Persons Below 18 Will Be Issued Birth Certificate - NPC by MrBroke(m): 7:49am On Feb 09
Matrix137:
Someone please help me out with any amount to buy foodstuffs please I'm Soo hungry and haven't eaten anything since yesterday morning pls😢

07 25 00 93 40 access bank

I just sent you 3 million. Start up something with it
Re: Only Persons Below 18 Will Be Issued Birth Certificate - NPC by BluntCrazeMan: 7:54am On Feb 09
Beautifulday:

My side it's 1000
Hamachi:
Lol!!! Most LGA in Nigeria issues birth certificate for a token as low as N200

Is your Certificate DIGITAL??
OR HAND-WRITTEN.??

1 Like

Re: Only Persons Below 18 Will Be Issued Birth Certificate - NPC by Giftedhand47(m): 7:55am On Feb 09
bobonla:

Yes. Receipt dey. Smart 32 inch hisense

Text me on WhatsApp on 09014566031

1 Like

Re: Only Persons Below 18 Will Be Issued Birth Certificate - NPC by Beautifulday: 7:56am On Feb 09
BluntCrazeMan:

Is your Certificate DIGITAL??
OR HAND-WRITTEN.??

Hand written.

Which office in Nigeria is digitalized?

2 Likes

Re: Only Persons Below 18 Will Be Issued Birth Certificate - NPC by Matrix137(m): 8:07am On Feb 09
MrBroke:

I just sent you 3 million. Start up something with it
embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Only Persons Below 18 Will Be Issued Birth Certificate - NPC by BluntCrazeMan: 8:07am On Feb 09
Beautifulday:

Hand written.

Which office in Nigeria is digitalized?
This NEWLY DIGITALIZED NPC at-least (of-course).
Re: Only Persons Below 18 Will Be Issued Birth Certificate - NPC by AntiChristian: 8:28am On Feb 09
BluntCrazeMan:
Highest 125million.
We no even reach 180million in reality.

Some are even using 220Million. I just wonder how the figures are computed.

2 Likes

Re: Only Persons Below 18 Will Be Issued Birth Certificate - NPC by Starhearts: 8:41am On Feb 09
Matrix137:
Someone please help me out with any amount to buy foodstuffs please I'm soo hungry and haven't eaten anything since yesterday morning pls😢

Name of account holder ?
Re: Only Persons Below 18 Will Be Issued Birth Certificate - NPC by Matrix137(m): 8:42am On Feb 09
Starhearts:

Name of account holder ?
Chukwuemeka Ibe
Re: Only Persons Below 18 Will Be Issued Birth Certificate - NPC by Pythagoras001: 9:01am On Feb 09
This should normally be done at the hospital where the child was born an in worst case the local government should get this information from hospitals and community leaders of any new child birth.
Re: Only Persons Below 18 Will Be Issued Birth Certificate - NPC by BigDawsNet: 9:12am On Feb 09
How do you confirm citizenship? Or neighbouring countries can just visit any Birth register center in Nigeria and just become a Nigerian!

2 Likes

Re: Only Persons Below 18 Will Be Issued Birth Certificate - NPC by abidem4real: 9:14am On Feb 09
BluntCrazeMan:

Source:
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/02/only-persons-below-18-will-be-issued-birth-certificate-says-npc/

**It's either that this Mr. Akin Oyetunde doesn't know mathematics very well, or that he is talking pure trash... 🗑️ 🗑️
Or maybe the newspapers reported him wrongly..

(Because, from 1992 to 2024 is actually 32yrs, and not 18yrs.. So, I don't understand why they are trying to link those born before 1992 into this news article).

An Act was propagated in 1992, and according to the Act, any person below the age of 18yrs who registers their birth would get a Birth Certificate, but if the person didn't register his/her birth until after 18yrs of age, then whenever he/she comes to register his/her Birth, he/she WON'T get a birth certificate any longer, but an Attestation of Birth.

**Nothing in the Act concerns being born before 1992.

According to the information available on the NPC’s website, the age for the issuance of “Attestation of Birth” is 16yrs and above,, and not “18yrs and above” as reported in the newspaper publication.
And so? Any which way na way na! Birth certificate or attestation of birth, as long as they both are tenable, all na the same

2 Likes

Re: Only Persons Below 18 Will Be Issued Birth Certificate - NPC by NoToPile: 9:20am On Feb 09
Which birth certificate again, is it not the 200or 500 naira NPC own we collect for our children.

These people are always there at immunization centers to give the certificate.
Re: Only Persons Below 18 Will Be Issued Birth Certificate - NPC by BluntCrazeMan: 9:41am On Feb 09
AntiChristian:

Some are even using 220Million. I just wonder how the figures are computed.
Continuous projections that are based on the 2006 (fake) Census which was conducted by Obasanjo.
(18yrs Ago)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only Persons Below 18 Will Be Issued Birth Certificate - NPC by BluntCrazeMan: 9:43am On Feb 09
NoToPile:
Which birth certificate again, is it not the 200or 500 naira NPC own we collect for our children.

These people are always there at immunization centers to give the certificate.
They may come back in the future to claim that those ones are phased out.
That they are not contained inside the NPC birth DATABASE.

We Are Watching ALL OF THEM.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only Persons Below 18 Will Be Issued Birth Certificate - NPC by BluntCrazeMan: 9:45am On Feb 09
Pythagoras001:
This should normally be done at the hospital where the child was born an in worst case the local government should get this information from hospitals and community leaders of any new child birth.
Since the registration is now online,, why can't the hospitals serve as online registration agents which can use agents login to register multiple births..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Only Persons Below 18 Will Be Issued Birth Certificate - NPC by BluntCrazeMan: 9:46am On Feb 09
BigDawsNet:
How do you confirm citizenship? Or neighbouring countries can just visit any Birth register center in Nigeria and just become a Nigerian!

That's it.

Even as you are now, for the hand-written certificate,, you can register the birth of a non-existing child.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Only Persons Below 18 Will Be Issued Birth Certificate - NPC by ojex004: 10:01am On Feb 09
Matrix137:
Someone please help me out with any amount to buy foodstuffs please I'm soo hungry and haven't eaten anything since yesterday morning pls😢

Chukwuemeka

But Na for only southwest them dey shout ebipawon o.
What happen uncle chukwu?

1 Like

Re: Only Persons Below 18 Will Be Issued Birth Certificate - NPC by Matrix137(m): 10:13am On Feb 09
ojex004:

But Na for only southwest them dey shout ebipawon o.
What happen uncle chukwu?
My small business has been shut down indefinitely because of the negative forex and dwindling economy leaving me in debts. That's what happened bro
Re: Only Persons Below 18 Will Be Issued Birth Certificate - NPC by erniok(m): 10:18am On Feb 09
BluntCrazeMan:
This NEWLY DIGITALIZED NPC at-least (of-course).
Some people say Nigeria is a joke and.with this, it seems so.
They have health centres that issue birth certificates and they just cant harmonize their data even in 2024 because of fund generation.

2 Likes

Re: Only Persons Below 18 Will Be Issued Birth Certificate - NPC by Pythagoras001: 10:57am On Feb 09
BluntCrazeMan:
Since the registration is now online,, why can't the hospitals serve as online registration agents which can use agents login to register multiple births..
This is a national security issue. This is the point when someone Citizenship is registered and also get the NIN. Does the NPC has the capacity to ensure compliance at the every hospitals in the country? Can the NPC provides special equipment to each hospital for which they can securely connect to thier backend and do registration? I believe birth registration should be carried out in collaboration with hospitals, NIMC and communities via the LGA for birth not in the hospital LGA officials should collect that information from the community regularly at least weekly.

2 Likes

Re: Only Persons Below 18 Will Be Issued Birth Certificate - NPC by BluntCrazeMan: 12:26pm On Feb 09
Pythagoras001:
This is a national security issue. This is the point when someone Citizenship is registered and also get the NIN. Does the NPC has the capacity to ensure compliance at the every hospitals in the country? Can the NPC provides special equipment to each hospital for which they can securely connect to thier backend and do registration? I believe birth registration should be carried out in collaboration with hospitals, NIMC and communities via the LGA for birth not in the hospital LGA officials should collect that information from the community regularly at least weekly.

The day the NIMC and NPC want to do the right things, they know the exact things to do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Only Persons Below 18 Will Be Issued Birth Certificate - NPC by StarRida: 12:49pm On Feb 09
I don't like hearing or seeing*HIT THE GROUND RUNNING* because the one they hit before is causing earthquake already and we are still on it make una no hit another one abeggi oooh

2 Likes

Re: Only Persons Below 18 Will Be Issued Birth Certificate - NPC by BigDawsNet: 2:52pm On Feb 09
BluntCrazeMan:

That's it.

Even as you are now, for the hand-written certificate,, you can register the birth of a non-existing child.

That's is why we have one of the largest population in the world
Re: Only Persons Below 18 Will Be Issued Birth Certificate - NPC by CrownLands(m): 6:29pm On Feb 09
BluntCrazeMan:
So, in summary....
They want to use the ONLINE Registration of Birth to do an Online Audio Census for us..
And at the same time,, WE HAVE TO PAY THEM FOR US TO COUNT OURSELVES IN THE PROCESS.!!

Ok naa.
Everything is just a money-making venture for these people.

Even to gather data of citizens too.

Another revenue generation venture.

(1) (2) (Reply)

U.S. Endorsement Shows Buhari Succeeding In Fight Against Corruption – Lai / This Is Onitsha! / Osinbajo Swears In 5 NPC Commissioners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.