Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,437 members, 7,861,243 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:58 AM

Open Letter To The Government Of Ekiti State On Payment Of Pensioners' Gratuity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter To The Government Of Ekiti State On Payment Of Pensioners' Gratuity (80 Views)

FG Counters El-rufai, Marketers’ Claims On Payment Of Petrol Subsidy / Ogun State Government Releases N500million For Pensioners’ Gratuity / Children Text Governor Bagudu To Pay Father's Gratuity, Detained By DSS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Letter To The Government Of Ekiti State On Payment Of Pensioners' Gratuity by yinkhar(f): 7:39pm On Feb 09
To the Governor of Ekiti-State, Nigeria,

I hope this letter finds you in good health and high spirits. I write to you today with a heavy heart, burdened by the plight of countless pensioners who have dedicated their lives in service to our beloved nation, Nigeria. It is with great concern and urgency that I address the issue of unpaid gratuity to retired civil servants, a matter that has sadly lingered for far too long.

My mother, among many others, faithfully served the nation for decades, selflessly contributing her time, energy, and expertise to various governmental endeavors. Her retirement in 2015 was meant to be a time of well-deserved rest and security, yet she finds herself and numerous other retirees at the mercy of every governor that has ever ascended the office since 2015, pleading for their rightful dues. This situation is not only disheartening but also disgraceful.

The failure to promptly pay pensioners their gratuity raises profound questions about the values and principles upon which governance in our state is founded. Must our elderly citizens endure such hardship and uncertainty after a lifetime of service? Is this the reward they deserve for their dedication and sacrifice?

It is imperative to recognize that pensioners are not mere statistics; they are the backbone of our nation's progress and development. Their contributions, both during their active service and in retirement, should be honored and respected. Denying them their rightful gratuity undermines the very essence of justice and fairness in our society.

Therefore, I implore you, esteemed government officials, to take immediate action to address this pressing issue. Prioritize the payment of pensioners' gratuity without further delay, ensuring that they can live out their retirement years with dignity and peace of mind. This is not just a matter of financial compensation; it is a matter of upholding the basic principles of humanity and compassion.

Let us demonstrate to the world that governance in Ekiti-State is characterized by accountability, transparency, and empathy. Let us show our elderly citizens that their contributions are valued and appreciated, not disregarded and forgotten.

I urge you to heed this call for justice and act swiftly to alleviate the suffering of pensioners across our state. The time for decisive action is now. Our pensioners deserve better, and it is within your power to make a positive difference in their lives.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Yours sincerely,
Olayinka M Olajiga

(1) (Reply)

Politics / FRN Vs. Ali Bello & Anor: Drama As Efcc's Witness Counters Agency's Allegations / Edo Developing A Technological Workforce To Provide Innovative Solutions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.