Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,269 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

A Good Book By Soibi Versatile - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Good Book By Soibi Versatile (55 Views)

The Babcock University Sextaped Girl Typifies "Never Judge A Book By Its Cover" / "THE BACK TO GOD PROJECT" A Book By JEG: Chapter 1. The Back To God Project / Delta State Government Approves Book By Pastor Chris For Tertiary Institutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Good Book By Soibi Versatile by Dailymemoirs4: 6:05am On Feb 10
Daily Devotional
Scriptural Compositions
10/2/24

A Good Book

Your Word is a lamp unto my feet and light unto my path
Psalm 119:105

Thomas loves reading books. His favourite book, ” Things fall Apart ” is an African novel written by Chinua Achebe that depicts African culture precolonial era. The book also describes the deep African values. A very interesting read. Not only does Thomas love African novels. He also loves American classics and anything that transcends to a good book. When Thomas was asked what makes a good read he said. ” Any book that teaches lessons and inspires me about the values of society old or new “

The Bible can so rightly be described as a good read. It contains words spoken long ago but carries truth about God, about the world and about humanity as a whole. The Bible is filled with interesting stories and inspiring words that can teach us a lot. When we are down the psalms written in it give us poetic hope and encouragement. When we need to know what God wants from us the book of proverbs guides us
When we need to know about faith in God we also learn that from the Bible. Such an awesome book and a good read.

Talk about it

What constitutes a good read to you?

Does the Bible teach you things you need to know ?

Key Point: The bible is God’s word pointing us to God by the way we relate with our fellow men.

Prayer: Lord help me to read your word and learn your values as I relate with your creation in my day to day life.

Soibi Versatile is a writer for Jesus Community Network.

(1) (Reply)

Let's Work Together / Follow-up Is Key To God / When God Carries You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.