Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,044 members, 7,835,519 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

Totalenergies To Exit Nigerian Onshore Oil Business - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Totalenergies To Exit Nigerian Onshore Oil Business (17919 Views)

Bank Staff Escape Angry Customers By Using The Back Fence To Exit Bank / Shell To Divest Onshore Oil Stakes In Nigeria, Open Talks With FG / Mr Price Plans To Exit Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Totalenergies To Exit Nigerian Onshore Oil Business by IrawoKross: 7:38pm On Feb 10
toujurs:
Are you now mute? πŸ˜†πŸ˜†. May God punish you and your house hold. For this calmity you support.

If you we're sensible, you should have asked yourself, if the igbo's had supported any candidate like this ever in the history of Nigeria.

I don't think there is any divided tribe like the igbo's, this is because it's all man for himself, but tribalism was your agenda.

I have Yoruba friends, and i support their business, with non interest loans, because they made the right choice. During the election. But you see those yoruba Muslims, God will punish all of them.

All of you that supported this administration, The universe and karma will Bleep you all up. This is the only country we have, and you all chose ethnicity over reliability.

God will punish you in particular. This mandate will choke you to depression, this is just the 9th month, 8years stil awaits πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ€‘πŸ€‘
Don't mind Amotolongbo, a married bvtch deeply rooted in bigotry. grin

I go like knack am sha πŸ˜„πŸ˜‚
Re: Totalenergies To Exit Nigerian Onshore Oil Business by Strap: 8:06pm On Feb 10
After spoiling the area with crude now they noticed it's not in line with health and security.

When the people were crying of oil spillage into their rivers nobody wanted to leave.
Re: Totalenergies To Exit Nigerian Onshore Oil Business by toujurs: 9:04pm On Feb 10
IrawoKross:
Don't mind Amotolongbo, a married bvtch deeply rooted in bigotry. grin

I go like knack am sha πŸ˜„πŸ˜‚
Buy ky jelly. If not arching could break your joints.

Ensure to use c.d 🀭

Married woman? My hand no dey o!
Re: Totalenergies To Exit Nigerian Onshore Oil Business by toujurs: 9:08pm On Feb 10
Amotolongbo:
Dig out my post supporting APC or Tinubu before the election. Is it too hard for you?
you are an apc supporter, so you expect me to scroll through your post, i don't have that time and energy.

Why are you denying the mandate. If you were not in support of Apc, I won't have been after you. Stop lying.
Re: Totalenergies To Exit Nigerian Onshore Oil Business by IrawoKross: 9:41pm On Feb 10
toujurs:
Buy ky jelly. If not arching could break your joints.

Ensure to use c.d 🀭

Married woman? My hand no dey o!
Comrade, It may seem as though, you have been there before. grin
Re: Totalenergies To Exit Nigerian Onshore Oil Business by toujurs: 9:49pm On Feb 10
IrawoKross:
Comrade, It may seem as though, you have been there before. grin
No o, i don't do married women..

But with her behaviour, i know her type.
Re: Totalenergies To Exit Nigerian Onshore Oil Business by IrawoKross: 9:52pm On Feb 10
toujurs:
No o, i don't do married women..

But with her behaviour, i know her type.
I also do... She wear bigotry for body like cologne.

See her denying the party she supports.

I nor get strength this evening, I for carry shovel dig. grin
Re: Totalenergies To Exit Nigerian Onshore Oil Business by toujurs: 9:55pm On Feb 10
IrawoKross:
I also do... She wear bigotry for body like cologne.

See her denying the party she supports.

I nor get strength this evening, I for carry shovel dig. grin
Don't mind her, just imagine. Denying the mandate she stands on. Very foolish human. Anyways am not surprised, i don't even rate these women. Very manipulative and indecisive.

1 Like

Re: Totalenergies To Exit Nigerian Onshore Oil Business by buJu234: 10:02pm On Feb 10
I dey fear oo..

because this one that the multinationals are all selling to Nigerians, am not ok with that.

Nigeria employers will kill the oil industry they hardly pay good salaries.

So finger crossed 🀞 πŸ”€
Re: Totalenergies To Exit Nigerian Onshore Oil Business by Benrosaria(m): 11:56pm On Feb 10
So this is the price they are paying for using us. Giving us AFCON is really nothing compared to what you have extracted off this soil
Re: Totalenergies To Exit Nigerian Onshore Oil Business by Vision101(m): 2:07am On Feb 11
@IrawoKross
As terrible as Major Gen. M. Buhari administration is, did you read of multinational companies leaving Nigeria like the way they're doing now in Tinubu's disastrous administration which is just 9months old? Who wants to continue business operations when the economic team of the present administration only knows how to blame past administration and give excuses?

When GEJ was in Power, Nigeria was ranked number one economy hub in Africa, beating the ever flourishing South Africa.

So Mr clownish explainer, kindly sit this one out.

@me
Off track. The above doesn't tally with the content of the news. If dangote decides to cease his sugar operation and concentrate on his refinery does it mean that he has left Nigeria?

You heart is so filled with hatred and politics that's why you flex every news to suit them.

1 Like

Re: Totalenergies To Exit Nigerian Onshore Oil Business by occfx: 7:59am On Feb 11
Racoon:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/business-news/667118-totalenergies-to-exit-nigerian-onshore-oil-business.html?utm_campaign=twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

Simon Ekpa is really dealing with Nigeria. I am afraid MNK won't even be more relevant again. Ekpa is doing all the dirty work MNK was handling with care. Nigeria will collapse this year. Just make your plan B as soon as possible
Re: Totalenergies To Exit Nigerian Onshore Oil Business by blueAgent(m): 8:41am On Feb 11
forgiveness:
β€œWe want to divest our share of SPDC, and we are looking to reshape the portfolio. Fundamentally it’s because producing this oil in the Niger Delta is not in line with our (Health, Security and Environmental) policies, it’s a real difficulty,” Patrick Pouyanne,

See them. They didn't take note of the comment above.

The French are not interested in obeying Nigeria laws. They develop these oil wells without taken consideration of the environment. They destroyed the ecosystem will oil spillage and leave like that.

Now that laws are in place to check them, they don't want to continue because they were never interested in keeping the environment in good shape.

Am sure , you are ingnorant of Oil industry operations.
Re: Totalenergies To Exit Nigerian Onshore Oil Business by blueAgent(m): 8:44am On Feb 11
buJu234:
I dey fear oo..

because this one that the multinationals are all selling to Nigerians, am not ok with that.

Nigeria employers will kill the oil industry they hardly pay good salaries.

So finger crossed 🀞 πŸ”€

100% true.

Only dies in the industry can attest to this.

This indigenous owners pay less and invest less in E&P.
Re: Totalenergies To Exit Nigerian Onshore Oil Business by blueAgent(m): 8:45am On Feb 11
Benrosaria:
So this is the price they are paying for using us. Giving us AFCON is really nothing compared to what you have extracted off this soil

Abeg try talk like an adult.

Did they not pay taxes,royalties, while create jobs and wealth for Nigerians?
Re: Totalenergies To Exit Nigerian Onshore Oil Business by blueAgent(m): 8:48am On Feb 11
TheBillyonaire:

I should not quarrel because the international smuggling cartels are conniving with some of our corrupt brokers to break pipelines and pump the crude to barges? How much are they making?

Are you away that this is done with knowledge of Executives of the Oil companies because they do not want to account to FG?

Like I said, it is not your community, so you can be logical with zero emotion, but I have 14 oil wells at my backyard and it is my home being polluted so I have the right to quarrel and fight those who depend on us to live in pollution to power Nigeria and their international criminal partners.

Do not tell me to be calm.

Is obvious you don't know what you are saying.
Re: Totalenergies To Exit Nigerian Onshore Oil Business by blueAgent(m): 8:54am On Feb 11
amadiama:
The indegenious companies will buy this onshore facilities and start paying the workers peanuts, oil industry don cast...black man is the problem of Blackman..

100% true.

We way dey the industry, can attest to this your statement.

Blackman is his own worst enemy.
Very foolish Race.

1 Like

Re: Totalenergies To Exit Nigerian Onshore Oil Business by blueAgent(m): 8:58am On Feb 11
SoNature:

I think it's high time we started taking responsibility for our actions in this part of the world. This blame game will take us nowhere.

I have lived in the (Niger) Delta, worked in oil and gas, and I can tell you a few things about that industry and people:

1. Nigerians, especially ND people, have made life miserable for those companies. You cry that those companies don't give the locals jobs, they ask your CLOs to give jobs to their people and they sell those jobs to the highest bidders.

2. Local people burst their pipelines to steal crude oil. They always say it's their oil. The flow becomes overwhelming, they abandon it and run away. Later, the oil spill destroys the environment, and everyone starts shouting that the oil company should spend billions of dollars to clean up the environment. Very funny.

3. These oil companies want to fix your road, equip your health facilities or schools, your kings tell them to settle them before they do those things. Out of frustration, they abandon it. Tomorrow, you turn around and say they did nothing for the people.

In conclusion, the day we begin to admit that Nigerians are evil people, that's the day we genuinely start making progress as a people. Whatever evil the white man brought upon us today was achieved through our own people, and you can't equate it to what we do to ourselves.

Very true.
Re: Totalenergies To Exit Nigerian Onshore Oil Business by blueAgent(m): 9:03am On Feb 11
TheBillyonaire:

For years Niger Delta did not break pipelines yet they connived and killed Saro Wiwa? For demanding clean up and compensations.

Now you want Niger Deltans to live in poverty, without means of livelihoods, without access to clean water, because a foreign company pay criminals to break the pipelines and help their criminal executives pump oil into oil bunkering barges that delivers to ship in nautical miles, while also knowing that certain plants I care not to mention that grow in crude polluted soils are fuels for nuclear plants which they also mine will give them alternate source of income?

Are you oblivious of the fact that bunkering favors the international smugglers that are now being arrested. Are you not aware that it is international sabotage and most of the shipping is done by politically exposed persons.

Stop blaming Niger Delta with your surface level theories. Oil companies should just leave and their Equity positions should be handed over the local communities so we can mine our oil and use the money to clean our villages.

This is my home not yours.

Mine oil, that you never knew it existed,till the foreign companies showed how?

You think oil drilling and exploration is water borehole drilling?
Re: Totalenergies To Exit Nigerian Onshore Oil Business by blueAgent(m): 9:05am On Feb 11
pocom16:

You are the highly ignorant one..

Go and check the profits declared by these companies and how their stock rises

The only time they had issues was in 2015/2016 where oil prices fell below the production cost..but that didn't last long and..
The years of profits were able to make up for the losses..

Do you think it has taken Exxon mobile and Aramco a century to reach the height they are in..

Even Folorunsho..a tailor.. immediately she was given an oil block in Agbami..became the richest woman in the Africa..
Someone that was just sowing clothes..

With her oil money she has built two towers in Lagos using Julius Berger..

Who was Arthur Eze before he got his block..

Dey whine yourself there

Stop talking like a illiterate.

Companies make massive profit , as well as losses.

Have you ever , heard of a wild cat well?
Re: Totalenergies To Exit Nigerian Onshore Oil Business by blueAgent(m): 9:08am On Feb 11
Kelvinofficial:
Multinationals leaving our country is an advantage for the country, because now they will have to sell the entire business to Local players.

These IOC’s are evil! They pillage the environment without a care in the world. They have been drilling oil for decades and sending almost all of it to the European market, then turn around and also hoard the forex accrued from the Govt, then repatriate all of that Forex to their respective countries.

At least with local players, their is a chance of continuous investments on the upstream oil and gas industry, and Forex will be retained in-country. Which means more Local millionaires and billionaires created, more revenue for the Govt. More local jobs created.

God bless Nigeria πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬

What a naive writeup.
Re: Totalenergies To Exit Nigerian Onshore Oil Business by ItswellMike: 11:14am On Feb 11
forgiveness:
β€œWe want to divest our share of SPDC, and we are looking to reshape the portfolio. Fundamentally it’s because producing this oil in the Niger Delta is not in line with our (Health, Security and Environmental) policies, it’s a real difficulty,” Patrick Pouyanne,

The French are not interested in obeying Nigeria laws. They develop these oil wells without taken consideration of the environment. They destroyed the ecosystem will oil spillage and leave like that.

Now that laws are in place to check them, they don't want to continue because they were never interested in keeping the environment in good shape.
Continue lying
Re: Totalenergies To Exit Nigerian Onshore Oil Business by venabili: 12:13pm On Feb 11
forgiveness:

The way some people yarn nonsense with pride sha.
Which new law came about in the last 8 months that they dont want to comply with?
The exit of the IoCs started during Buhari era and its not new. If i was the CEO of anybof this entities, i'd have sold off a long time ago.

1. These guys pay 85% Petroleum profit tax.
2. They pay 3% NDDC levy on their budget
3. Add another 3% Host Community development fund
4. NCDMB levy, education tax and myriads of others.
5. Yet they have to still provide jobs to indigenes, communty contracts, scholarships, contractor entry fees and all sort of gifts to keep communities at peace.
6. The government is still unable to secure their multimillion dollar assets. So they need hire Community security forces to combat pipeline vandalism, oil spillage, oil theft etc.
7. The same people busting the pipelines turn around and sue them for oil spillage in millions of dollars. These fines doesnt trickle down to the people thatbare really impacted.
8. When will we seat down and ask our leaders what they are doing with the royalties, taxes, fines and levies paid by these IoCs during their stay here?

Lets see how you'll take a local oil companybto US to sue. Good luck trying to sue them in nigeria either.

Dont forget, we sold the power sector to nigerians. We are all "enjoying" the benefit of that decision today
Re: Totalenergies To Exit Nigerian Onshore Oil Business by pocom16: 12:16pm On Feb 11
blueAgent:

Stop talking like a illiterate.

Companies make massive profit , as well as losses.

Have you ever , heard of a wild cat well?

Exactly.. MASSIVE PROFITS as well as losses

At the end of the day it's still profit..read before you comment ignorantly..

If there are more massive profits than loss..then it is still profits over all
Re: Totalenergies To Exit Nigerian Onshore Oil Business by blueAgent(m): 1:59pm On Feb 11
pocom16:

Exactly.. MASSIVE PROFITS as well as losses

At the end of the day it's still profit..read before you comment ignorantly..

If there are more massive profits than loss..then it is still profits over all
Do you think they make profits every year?
There are documented cases of oil companies that became bankrupt becos of losses.
Re: Totalenergies To Exit Nigerian Onshore Oil Business by JayyXXX(m): 10:47pm On Feb 12
Vision101:
@IrawoKross
As terrible as Major Gen. M. Buhari administration is, did you read of multinational companies leaving Nigeria like the way they're doing now in Tinubu's disastrous administration which is just 9months old? Who wants to continue business operations when the economic team of the present administration only knows how to blame past administration and give excuses?

When GEJ was in Power, Nigeria was ranked number one economy hub in Africa, beating the ever flourishing South Africa.

So Mr clownish explainer, kindly sit this one out.

@me
Off track. The above doesn't tally with the content of the news. If dangote decides to cease his sugar operation and concentrate on his refinery does it mean that he has left Nigeria?

You heart is so filled with hatred and politics that's why you flex every news to suit them.
You wey your Papa dey ment still dey talk about hatred? Your Mama dey here with me sha YDB πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‚

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2% Of Nigerians Own 90% Bank Deposits β€” NDIC / First Bank Increases Mobile App Transfer Limit To N1m / Make Money Online - Free Class.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.