Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,114 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

Google Trader Nigeria To Compete With Dealfish, Tradestable, Nairalist - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Google Trader Nigeria To Compete With Dealfish, Tradestable, Nairalist (27712 Views)

Have scammers run down Google Trader Nigeria? / Nigerians Are Making Money On Google Trader. Don't Miss Out / 'I'm Cool With Google Trader' – Seun Osewa, Nairalist Founder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Google Trader Nigeria To Compete With Dealfish, Tradestable, Nairalist by Genius100: 8:11pm On Nov 09, 2011
Seun, first of all, you yabbed shutting down Nairalist. I know the returns may not have been ideal at the time, but it could have become really huge in the future if managed correctly. Second, how could you have just shut down the site without any advance notice? Is that how you guys run business in Naija?

Anyways, I like Google Trader,
Re: Google Trader Nigeria To Compete With Dealfish, Tradestable, Nairalist by goggs(m): 8:19pm On Nov 09, 2011
I would prefer if an authentic naija site to be the biggest e-commerce site other than google. Our lives shouldn't be always controlled from across the pond!

I weep for nairalist. (Seum why na? I had high hopes for nairaland)
Re: Google Trader Nigeria To Compete With Dealfish, Tradestable, Nairalist by kasonud(m): 8:33pm On Nov 09, 2011
I think this thread is just an advertisment!
Re: Google Trader Nigeria To Compete With Dealfish, Tradestable, Nairalist by bizpreneur(m): 8:43pm On Nov 09, 2011
@SEUN,HW CULD U JST FROZD SUCH ALREADY IMPROVNG E-COMRCE SITE LIKE DAT? WITH NO FORM OF PRE- NOTFICATION &U STIL DEY YAB AM, O GUY U CAUGHT UZ UNAWARE OOO! IZ DAT D HALLMARK OF A GUD BIZNSS MAN IN AFRICA?:-(, NA WA 4 9JA BIZNSS MEN SEF,
Re: Google Trader Nigeria To Compete With Dealfish, Tradestable, Nairalist by Seun(m): 8:54pm On Nov 09, 2011
Once the circumstances that led directly to the freeze were in motion, I had to rush to freeze the site. Sorry.
Re: Google Trader Nigeria To Compete With Dealfish, Tradestable, Nairalist by cmon(m): 9:12pm On Nov 09, 2011
It's google again!!!! angry

Now all nigerians will switch to their platform instead of patronizing our Nigerian Sites. Note, not like dealfish is not good enough, it's just that it's google.

If you ask me, google is a killer of ideas especially for those that don't have enough capital for marketing and all.

And yes, I believe this thread is an advertisement.
Re: Google Trader Nigeria To Compete With Dealfish, Tradestable, Nairalist by itoldu: 9:13pm On Nov 09, 2011
seun, hope u can curb those bastards that claim to have goods at cheap prices and put an address of being based in lagos and later say they are somewhere in PH when called. i wish there was something like "Internet Jungle Justice" lol
Re: Google Trader Nigeria To Compete With Dealfish, Tradestable, Nairalist by naijadot: 9:19pm On Nov 09, 2011
Competitor is always the platform which brings the best performance from all vendors. I think this is really good.
Re: Google Trader Nigeria To Compete With Dealfish, Tradestable, Nairalist by ajetunde: 9:25pm On Nov 09, 2011
Imagine o, google will phase them out with their power of advertisement.

check out http://biztechie.com/google-launches-google-trader-in-nigeria-the-dealfish-killer/
Re: Google Trader Nigeria To Compete With Dealfish, Tradestable, Nairalist by NSNA: 9:37pm On Nov 09, 2011
Re: Google Trader Nigeria To Compete With Dealfish, Tradestable, Nairalist by ifyalways(f): 11:49pm On Nov 09, 2011
Wondering the hype about GT,its been in Ghana for sometime now and IMO,it's crooks haven.
Re: Google Trader Nigeria To Compete With Dealfish, Tradestable, Nairalist by toluxa1(m): 12:35am On Nov 10, 2011
I have a question o. How do these guys (classified ads guys) make their money sef?
Re: Google Trader Nigeria To Compete With Dealfish, Tradestable, Nairalist by Jenifa1: 4:23am On Nov 10, 2011
that's messed up.

possicon:

The Market is saturated. For those who think Google is eating young Entrepreneurs' lunch tell the young guys to go start something innovative. Google seem to be interested in the easy to do, proven model. Let's go solve our problem and monetize it. We can give Google a run for its money like they did in China.

it's impossible to compete with such a giant.
China closed it's doors for a while and opened it when it becames strong enough. in fact google is blocked/censored in China right now.

besides, I feel that something else against nigerian business is that it sometimes get shut down after being accused of 419. only for google to create their own product out of it. who is going to accuse google of 419?
Re: Google Trader Nigeria To Compete With Dealfish, Tradestable, Nairalist by ektbear: 6:04am On Nov 10, 2011
Interesting.
Re: Google Trader Nigeria To Compete With Dealfish, Tradestable, Nairalist by walcolm(m): 6:54am On Nov 10, 2011
was on google trader like two weeks ago, the number of listing has quadrupled between then and now
Re: Google Trader Nigeria To Compete With Dealfish, Tradestable, Nairalist by Nobody: 7:09am On Nov 10, 2011
Quick question: does google index the email addresses and phone number people put up in their adds, cos i can see unlike nairalist they can be easily copied & pasted. I always like to think of the legacy/trail i leave online. #CyberSecurity.
Re: Google Trader Nigeria To Compete With Dealfish, Tradestable, Nairalist by samyng(m): 7:16am On Nov 10, 2011
[size=20pt]I think this Google project here in Nigeria is a Good one eg gnbo project etc all what they are trying to do is build up the Nigerian Internet community which is fasT growing rapidly,  By the Grace of GOD we all shall take Advantage of it and Announce our breakthrough in Jesus Name AMEN[/size]
Re: Google Trader Nigeria To Compete With Dealfish, Tradestable, Nairalist by kay4fun(m): 8:24am On Nov 10, 2011
I think this is an advertisement. I also think a Nigerian webmaster is being offered to manage the site and promote Google not minding what happen to upcoming sites. Knowing fully well that nairaland attract the largest traffic, they just launch or get more attention here. Google may be giant but they will not kill Nigerian classified sites.

Oju orun teye fo.

Dealfish and others shall stand in Jesus Name.
Re: Google Trader Nigeria To Compete With Dealfish, Tradestable, Nairalist by Mcleo007(m): 9:20am On Nov 10, 2011
Lovely site. You can check out this website as well.

Re: Google Trader Nigeria To Compete With Dealfish, Tradestable, Nairalist by ektbear: 9:38am On Nov 10, 2011
Seun, you really need to put some effort and possibly team up with another organization to leverage NL for Nairalist. You do have something that no one else has atm.

Perhaps randomly display relevant listings from Nairalist onto NL?

I don't know, but worth brainstorming and thinking about rather than just quitting.
Re: Google Trader Nigeria To Compete With Dealfish, Tradestable, Nairalist by leMuhito(f): 9:50am On Nov 10, 2011
It seems Google now pay back their customers (Adwords e.g Dealfish Tradestable) by competing with them.

Did anyone know if Google try to acquire Dealfish, Tradestable and [b]Nairalist [/b]and the companies rejected their bid? I need to know this before I conclude.

Seems Dealfish and Tradestable would now need to spend more money in ads. But will it be on Google Adwords?
Re: Google Trader Nigeria To Compete With Dealfish, Tradestable, Nairalist by corporatng: 10:35am On Nov 10, 2011
I seriously don't consider it to be a competition. Everyone will trade on Google trader.
Re: Google Trader Nigeria To Compete With Dealfish, Tradestable, Nairalist by peleson: 12:44pm On Nov 10, 2011
How Google Trader works,
different google traders in Africa  includes;
google trader ghana,google trader uganda,google trader kenya and google trader nigeria.
The 1st to be lunched in africa were dat of Ghana n uganda,then kenya followed some time last month.
looking at quality listing and assurance, Nigeria is the best in africa but the challenge is the  rate of internet users which is very poor.
google trader was launched on tuesday night in Zürich swiss @ 11:50pm nigeria time and formalized in nigeria on wednesday. Google team nigeria does not see the above mentioned sites as competitors. 
i advice every potential business being to embrace this opportunity as it is free.

log on to:www.google.com.ng/africa/trader

ask questions as regard to this and i'm certain you will get the best response , Ask google!
Re: Google Trader Nigeria To Compete With Dealfish, Tradestable, Nairalist by kanor: 1:05pm On Nov 10, 2011
Google Trader, Dealfish and Tradestable will all crash!
U remember google baraza? the questn and answer portal, is it still working? Nigerians donot use it much. Nigerians prefer nairaland!
These guys come in with so much energy and then fizzle out. Nigeria is a long term market, not for immediate profit seekers.

Kalahari.com.ng has closed, even with all the adverts.

In nigeria, I still believe the best web based businesses will be the ones established and run by nigerians first.

Take for instance,
1. nairaland.com,(www.nairaland.com) the guys may not be making much money, but they are consistent and long for the long term.Have been operating for several yrs.

2. walahi.com (http://www.walahi.com), for me this the best e-commerce site in nigeria. It should be the only web based business making some money. They have been operating for some years too. They are selling books and are selling very efficiently. Books shd be the best thing to sell online at the begining.

3. legwork.com is another nigerian online shop I hope are trying.
4 . dealdey.com, another Nigerian establishment (like groupon, in USA), is trying too.

But be assured that all these so called foreign web investors trying to do some Nigerian version will crash. Nevertheless I expect Nigerian web presence to take a dramatic turn in the next 2-5 yrs!
Re: Google Trader Nigeria To Compete With Dealfish, Tradestable, Nairalist by bioye(m): 1:15pm On Nov 10, 2011
Seun, is it just mi or do I sense you struck a deal with Google and you are smiling back from the bank already?  If that's the case, then a wise entrepreneur is he who knows the right time to execute the exit strategy.  If I'm wrong, oops!
Re: Google Trader Nigeria To Compete With Dealfish, Tradestable, Nairalist by kg(f): 1:25pm On Nov 10, 2011
No competition, Google is far bigger and can get traffic faster! Don't forget that the rest rely on Google (Adword, SEO) for their traffic too.

bioye:

Seun, is it just mi or do I sense you struck a deal with Google and you are smiling back from the bank already?  If that's the case, then a wise entrepreneur is he who knows the right time to execute the exit strategy.  If I'm wrong, oops!

Good thinking, could be true.
Re: Google Trader Nigeria To Compete With Dealfish, Tradestable, Nairalist by Nobody: 2:52pm On Nov 10, 2011
bioye:

You honestly beat me to it.

I believe Seun had a deal with google to retire Nairalist, and also to help promote Google Trader. I'm positive this is what happened, cos I cannot understand why he would be the first to come on here and announce to us that the new site is finally up. Again, he might very well be the administrator of Google Trader for all we know.

Well Seun, no hating on my part o. If this is true, you've done well for yourself.
My only concern is that I would have loved to see a Naija owned company being the one to run things here, rather than a foreign owned one. My personal preference, that is.
Re: Google Trader Nigeria To Compete With Dealfish, Tradestable, Nairalist by bioye(m): 3:10pm On Nov 10, 2011
Come to think of it, every page I open on Nairaland I see Google Trader adverts.  Seun and Google Trader are clearly partners in crime.  The question is which of the two parties benefits more from this symbiosis in the near term?  Only time will tell.
Re: Google Trader Nigeria To Compete With Dealfish, Tradestable, Nairalist by Everestto: 3:43pm On Nov 10, 2011
Google Trader is not a good idea. Sounds like anti-trust to me. Many Nigerian classified websites invested heavily on Google advertising build high traffic and now they are about to enjoy the benefit, Google has decided to kill them. Nigerians are doing very well in the classified business and I dont see what value Google is offering here.
All the classified websites- Dudomart, dealfish, tradestable etc are all offering classified ads for free and with better advert templates and leveraging on Google search. What does Google want to do different here.
I expected Google to assist or partner these start-up companies since they fetch huge business returns to Google and also derive their incomes from Google.
Google Trader is not welcome. Google should compete with Facebook, Yahoo, Microsoft or have they run out of ideas?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CBN Spends N58.6 Billion To Print 2.5 Billion Pieces Of Naira Notes / Gtbank Internet Banking Issues / Throwback On The Remains Of The Biggest Market In West Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.