Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,871 members, 7,813,970 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:59 PM

Tinubu Will Watch AFCON Final In Ivory Coast, Says CAF President - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tinubu Will Watch AFCON Final In Ivory Coast, Says CAF President (14265 Views)

AFCON: Funny Picture Of An Osun Ejigbo Man Residing In Ivory Coast / Patrice Motsepe Elected CAF President / AWCON 2018: Ghana Remains Hosts, Says CAF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Will Watch AFCON Final In Ivory Coast, Says CAF President by peekspot(m): 9:56am On Feb 10

Patrice Motsepe, president of the Confederation of African Football (CAF), says President Bola Tinubu will be watching the final of the Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) in Ivory Coast.

CAF president spoke at a press conference on Friday.

Nigeria will be playing in the country’s first AFCON final since 2013. The Super Eagles qualified for the ultimate round of the competition after beating South Africa on penalties in the semi-final.

The team will face Ivory Coast at the Olympic stadium, Ebimpe, Abidjan, on Sunday by 6 pm.

Motsepe said he has been informed that Tinubu will be at the stadium for the match as Nigeria aim to win a fourth AFCON title.

“I was told the president of Nigeria is coming [for the final]. I was sitting close to the vice president when they were playing South Africa,” the CAF president said.

Vice-president Kashim Shettima was present at the stadium for the Eagles semi-final game in Bouake.

Tinubu has been following the Eagles’ progress at AFCON. He spoke to the players ahead of their quarter-final match against Angola.

OVER TWO BILLION PEOPLE WATCHING AFCON, SAYS CAF PRESIDENT

Motsepe added that the AFCON in Ivory Coast has garnered over two billion viewers across the globe since its commencement on January 13.

He said Africans should be proud of the competition while promising that the next edition “will be even better”.

“We have had close to two billion people watching AFCON globally. We should be proud as Africans, and the next one will be even better,” Motsepe said.

“The success of Africa depends upon Africa working together, trading together, and in football, countries competing and playing together.”

https://www.thecable.ng/tinubu-will-watch-afcon-final-in-ivory-coast-says-caf-president/amp

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Will Watch AFCON Final In Ivory Coast, Says CAF President by Malroux: 9:59am On Feb 10
That means super eagles don loose be that! I thought Buhari is full of bad luck but Ebola Tinubu has proven to be bad luck personified.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Will Watch AFCON Final In Ivory Coast, Says CAF President by falconey(m): 10:00am On Feb 10

Before nko does he do anything serious as president in the country?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Will Watch AFCON Final In Ivory Coast, Says CAF President by Exousiang01: 10:30am On Feb 10
Malroux:
That means super eagles don loose be that! I thought Buhari is full of bad luck but Ebola Tinubu has proven to be bad luck personified.
What is your proof exactly.
You pray and wish morning and night for things to go wrong but when your prayers get answered you blame Tinubu, you don't blame yourself for saying the prayer or God for answering the prayers.
Wild animals are thinking in better directions than folks like you

74 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Tinubu Will Watch AFCON Final In Ivory Coast, Says CAF President by agulion: 10:34am On Feb 10
Tinubu is a bad luck

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Will Watch AFCON Final In Ivory Coast, Says CAF President by Chinjo2: 10:35am On Feb 10
He better not bring bad luck to the Super Eagles.

10 Likes

Re: Tinubu Will Watch AFCON Final In Ivory Coast, Says CAF President by ekineme: 10:54am On Feb 10
If I was to be his adviser, I would advise him to avoid Ivory coast at all cost. My reason is simple, if Nigeria win, No wahala but if Nigeria did not win....The way Nigerians will transfer frustration, hunger, hardship, blame etc on him is better imagined than experienced.
1. Akpabio watched... Nigerian Draw
2. Obi watched .....Nigerian win
3. Shettima watched...Nigerian Draw,Win on penalty shoot out

4. BAT watched.............

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu Will Watch AFCON Final In Ivory Coast, Says CAF President by able20(m): 10:58am On Feb 10
Tinubu please, please do not visit and watch the Eagles match.
Failure and disaster are Tinubu's trademarks, he should just stay in Abuja or France his 2nd home.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Will Watch AFCON Final In Ivory Coast, Says CAF President by Racoon(m): 11:04am On Feb 10
Goodluck super Eagles. May fortune smile your way tomorrow.

22 Likes

Re: Tinubu Will Watch AFCON Final In Ivory Coast, Says CAF President by aswani(m): 11:08am On Feb 10
Exousiang01:

What is your proof exactly.
You pray and wish morning and night for things to go wrong but when your prayers get answered you blame Tinubu, you don't blame yourself for saying the prayer or God for answering the prayers.
Wild animals are thinking in better directions than folks like you

Well said but I myself don't believe God answers prayers of Obidients especially the bad belle ones.

Why do you think Peter Obi will never be President as long as Obidients and their bad luck are with him?

17 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tinubu Will Watch AFCON Final In Ivory Coast, Says CAF President by Goodnewsforlife: 1:03pm On Feb 10
Super eagles leggo

Hate filled dingbats are already here to hate

Arobaga aka fahdiga aka kriss212

Odin12, hammervj

U all are welcome, u can come n hate in peace

NB…… I want Nigeria to win but d way these hate filled mugus are presenting it as if once Nigeria lose they will kill tinubu

I pray Nigeria lose so we all can see their worst

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Will Watch AFCON Final In Ivory Coast, Says CAF President by Goodnewsforlife: 1:04pm On Feb 10
Malroux:
keep quiet there u hater

If tinubu no go u hate filled cretins will shout, he decided to go now u are still shouting again

I believe dumbheads who are joining u to criticize tinubu can see u lots are doing it out of pure hate n not that u want d better for Nigeria

8 Likes

Re: Tinubu Will Watch AFCON Final In Ivory Coast, Says CAF President by Rejoice28(f): 1:04pm On Feb 10
I am here to tell you that Jesus Christ loves you so much and he will want you to accept him as your lord and personal saviour by giving your life to him. Tomorrow might be too late my brethren. God bless y'all 🙏

12 Likes

Re: Tinubu Will Watch AFCON Final In Ivory Coast, Says CAF President by Nackzy: 1:04pm On Feb 10
And the will change the price of things in the market and stop the looting and kidnapping

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Will Watch AFCON Final In Ivory Coast, Says CAF President by Fatbam005: 1:05pm On Feb 10
Na ewtin concern you be this . The country is mourning and bleeding na entertainment be your concern.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Will Watch AFCON Final In Ivory Coast, Says CAF President by tollyboy5(m): 1:05pm On Feb 10
grin

The team will face Ivory Coast at the Olympic stadium, Ebimpawa, Abidjan, on Sunday by 6 pm.

Re: Tinubu Will Watch AFCON Final In Ivory Coast, Says CAF President by erniok(m): 1:05pm On Feb 10
Preside, people dey die of heart attack ohh. Abeg stay back watch replay.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Will Watch AFCON Final In Ivory Coast, Says CAF President by adesegun121(m): 1:05pm On Feb 10
Up naija

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Will Watch AFCON Final In Ivory Coast, Says CAF President by chikason22(m): 1:06pm On Feb 10
Make him no carry him hardship go there. Thereby making it hard for our super eagles to find the net. He better watch it at his Lagos residence
Hardship man
😡😡😡

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Will Watch AFCON Final In Ivory Coast, Says CAF President by Trendy247: 1:06pm On Feb 10
May heart attack locate all our wicked politicians in that stadium, Amen!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Will Watch AFCON Final In Ivory Coast, Says CAF President by tollyboy5(m): 1:06pm On Feb 10
Rejoice28:
I am here to tell you that Jesus Christ loves you so much and he will want you to accept him as your lord and personal saviour by giving your life to him. Tomorrow might be too late my brethren. God bless y'all 🙏
The lord told me you're my wife grin

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Will Watch AFCON Final In Ivory Coast, Says CAF President by EleventhWeirdo: 1:07pm On Feb 10
able20:
Tinubu please, please do not visit and watch the Eagles match.
Failure and disaster are Tinubu's trademarks, he should just stay in Abuja or France his 2nd home.

Senseless comment. Yet they reached finals?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Will Watch AFCON Final In Ivory Coast, Says CAF President by sofeo(m): 1:07pm On Feb 10
Nice move.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Will Watch AFCON Final In Ivory Coast, Says CAF President by fasho01(m): 1:08pm On Feb 10
That's no longer news.. E don cast tey tey smiley
Re: Tinubu Will Watch AFCON Final In Ivory Coast, Says CAF President by josilcool(m): 1:08pm On Feb 10
Hope he no get BP..
Re: Tinubu Will Watch AFCON Final In Ivory Coast, Says CAF President by tollyboy5(m): 1:08pm On Feb 10
Malroux:
Na you go fail grin

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Will Watch AFCON Final In Ivory Coast, Says CAF President by ABC101FF: 1:08pm On Feb 10
Bad people. You want to damage his batteries. Someone who just returned from an optimized battery rejuvenation in France and is currently on energy saving mode. He won't be attending.
Re: Tinubu Will Watch AFCON Final In Ivory Coast, Says CAF President by QuotientRule11: 1:08pm On Feb 10
Wonderful
Re: Tinubu Will Watch AFCON Final In Ivory Coast, Says CAF President by sukar886: 1:08pm On Feb 10
This one CAF president is making the announcement, pls who else is thinking what am thinking...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach? / Brighton Sack Manager Chris Hughton / Full Fixture Of 2018 Higher Institution Football League

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.