Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,996 members, 7,825,080 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

The Best Tech Skills To Learn With Japa In Mind.. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / The Best Tech Skills To Learn With Japa In Mind.. (450 Views)

Digital And Tech Skills To Learn In 2022 / Learn With Any Udemy Course / Learn With Google AI Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Best Tech Skills To Learn With Japa In Mind.. by FemiAnthony: 10:28am On Feb 10
I am a guy in mid 20's, a recent graduate of a state university in Nigeria and currently serving but I need to plan ahead because everything is not just working in Nigeria.

I am interested in tech with Japa in mind, what tech skills should I go for in any of the following

Database administration, DBA.

BACKEND WEB DEVELOPMENT

DATA ANALYSIS/DATA SCIENCE

CLOUD COMPUTING or so just heard it somewhere.

If you have any recommendations pls advice me, I already have a laptop but 8gb ram
My ogas

tensazangetsu20

airsaylongcome

BigDawsNet

tosinhtml
qtguru
ReactJs

codeigniter

Hannania

1 Share

Re: The Best Tech Skills To Learn With Japa In Mind.. by BBIA: 10:31am On Feb 10
FemiAnthony:
I am a guy in mid 20's, a recent graduate of a state university in Nigeria and currently serving but I need to plan ahead because everything is not just working in Nigeria.

I am interested in tech with Japa in mind, what tech skills should I go for in any of the following

BACKEND WEB DEVELOPMENT

If you have any recommendations pls advice me, I already have a laptop but 4gb ram
My ogas

tensazangetsu20

airsaylongcome

BigDawsNet

tosinhtml
qtguru
ReactJs

codeigniter

Hannania
I have expertise in DBA and Backend web development.

The truth is that you won’t find jobs easily for web development if you aren’t full stack.
Re: The Best Tech Skills To Learn With Japa In Mind.. by BBIA: 10:32am On Feb 10
FemiAnthony:

BACKEND WEB DEVELOPMENT

If you have any recommendations pls advice me, I already have a laptop but 4gb ram
My ogas

tensazangetsu20

airsaylongcome

BigDawsNet

tosinhtml
qtguru
ReactJs

codeigniter

Hannania
I will advise you to go for Data Analytics
Re: The Best Tech Skills To Learn With Japa In Mind.. by FemiAnthony: 10:45am On Feb 10
FemiAnthony:

BACKEND WEB DEVELOPMENT

If you have any recommendations pls advice me, I already have a laptop but 8gb ram
My ogas

tensazangetsu20

airsaylongcome

BigDawsNet

tosinhtml
qtguru
ReactJs

codeigniter

Hannania

Re: The Best Tech Skills To Learn With Japa In Mind.. by BigDawsNet: 11:02am On Feb 10
FemiAnthony:

BACKEND WEB DEVELOPMENT

My ogas

tensazangetsu20

airsaylongcome

BigDawsNet

tosinhtml
qtguru
ReactJs

codeigniter

Hannania

I think you should go for DATA ANALYSIS/DATA SCIENCE...

Too much competition in the backend market
Re: The Best Tech Skills To Learn With Japa In Mind.. by FemiAnthony: 11:15am On Feb 10
BigDawsNet:

I think you should go for DATA ANALYSIS/DATA SCIENCE...

Too much competition in the backend market
I actually did not study computer science or any course related . It doesn’t mean right?
Re: The Best Tech Skills To Learn With Japa In Mind.. by BigDawsNet: 12:24pm On Feb 10
FemiAnthony:

I actually did not study computer science or any course related . It doesn’t mean right?

It doesn't matter... we have couple of business management/ Accounting graduates learning Data analysis or data science...

Don't worry you will catch up fast and you will love it..

1 Like

Re: The Best Tech Skills To Learn With Japa In Mind.. by TUANKU(m): 4:33pm On Feb 11
Programming...Learn Solidity and go into smart contracts auditing, the pay is good. If i wasn't already into penetration testing & bug hunting i would have gone into smart contracts auditing, in this Tinubu economy you will feed well grin.

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Best Tech Skills To Learn With Japa In Mind.. by GreatAchiever1: 8:23pm On Feb 11
Data analytics/ data science.
Once you sabi your excel, sql, power bi or tableau with statistical knowledge then you are good to go as an analysts; if you con join am with Python, ML, deep learning, bro na data scientist you be.

It's an enjoyable field, just don't rush it. When you are burned, take a break then come back.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Best Tech Skills To Learn With Japa In Mind.. by frank417: 9:44am On Feb 12
Data analytics is not that settled in Nigeria and there aren't much jobs. You might struggle really hard to even get an interview or a paid internship/junior role. Web and Mobile development(frontend or backend) is a sure bet here and abroad, 'lots of opportunities in that space. just know the core language very well, as coding test is what hinders alot of the devs.
Better you go into UI/UX than data analytics.

(1) (Reply)

Recommend A Good Nigeria Domain Registrar / Learn C# And Python With Django Framework In Ajah / Is The New Desk Task Game The Best 3D Game Made By A Nigerian?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.