Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,564 members, 7,812,829 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:10 PM

Jones Oladeinde Arogbofa Dies At 72 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jones Oladeinde Arogbofa Dies At 72 (22760 Views)

Ogbonnaya Onu is dead! (Ex-Governor of Abia State dies at 72) / The Funeral Service for His Excellency Chief Ernest Adegunle Oladeinde Shonekan / I Doubt A Yoruba Man Will Become President In 2023 – Arogbofa, Afenifere’s Secre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jones Oladeinde Arogbofa Dies At 72 by fergie001: 1:21pm On Feb 10
Ex-President Jonathan's Chief of Staff dies @72

Jones Oladeinde Arogbofa, a retired Brigadier General in the Nigerian Army who served as Chief of Staff to former President Goodluck Jonathan, has passed away.

Arogbofa, born on November 10, 1952, in Oka-Akoko, Ondo State, reportedly died on Saturday morning at the age of 72.

Although details surrounding his demise remain unclear, Arogbofa was commissioned into the Nigerian Army in 1973.

He assumed the role of Chief of Staff for former President Jonathan from February 10, 2014, to May 29, 2015.

Arogbofa was an alumnus of several prestigious institutions, including Obafemi Awolowo University, Rochester Institute of Technology, the University of Alabama, the United States Army Command and General Staff College, the University of Lagos, and the University of Ibadan.

At the time of his passing, Arogbofa served as the Chairman of the Centre for Research, Information Management, and Media Development (CRIMMD).

SOURCE

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jones Oladeinde Arogbofa Dies At 72 by IrawoKross: 1:24pm On Feb 10
May his soul rest peacefully.

Ondo State is blessed with some good individuals.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jones Oladeinde Arogbofa Dies At 72 by leadinggists(m): 1:29pm On Feb 10
Rest in peace general

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jones Oladeinde Arogbofa Dies At 72 by Melagros(m): 1:49pm On Feb 10
COMRADES all I can say is that, may his soul rest in peace
The battle is now left for you and I

1 Like

Re: Jones Oladeinde Arogbofa Dies At 72 by Vinnie2000(m): 1:53pm On Feb 10
Jonathan an Ijaw Man appointed him as Chief of Staff. smiley

But Baba Ebola DRUGGIE has filled up his Govt with only Lagosian Yorubas! undecided sad

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jones Oladeinde Arogbofa Dies At 72 by slivertongue: 2:21pm On Feb 10
rest well. you folks handed a manageable economy to disasters called APC

1 Like

Re: Jones Oladeinde Arogbofa Dies At 72 by Brendaniel: 2:33pm On Feb 10
Vinnie2000:

But Baba Ebola DRUGGIE has filled up his Govt with only Lagosian Yorubas! undecided sad

Same thing I wanted to say but these Tinubu supporters always try to make it look as if Jonathan appointed only Igbo people and making it look as if it was the reason they were supporting Jonathan, the way they always lie and try to twist history is very annoying....

May his soul rest in peace and condolence to the bereaved family

18 Likes

Re: Jones Oladeinde Arogbofa Dies At 72 by TA4TA4: 2:45pm On Feb 10
Re: Jones Oladeinde Arogbofa Dies At 72 by Sunijacks(m): 2:46pm On Feb 10
Nothing concern me
Re: Jones Oladeinde Arogbofa Dies At 72 by crossfm: 2:47pm On Feb 10
His watch is ended.
Re: Jones Oladeinde Arogbofa Dies At 72 by adedayoa2(f): 2:48pm On Feb 10
May he rest in peace.
Re: Jones Oladeinde Arogbofa Dies At 72 by sylve11: 2:49pm On Feb 10
Vinnie2000:

Have you not read some people on this forum saying Jonathan isn't an ijaw man? grin

@op, journey well Arogbofa. sad cool
Re: Jones Oladeinde Arogbofa Dies At 72 by gaby(m): 2:50pm On Feb 10
I'm 100% sure he wasn't the Chief of Staff under GEJ as posited by the op but the Chief Security Officer (CSO).

3 Likes

Re: Jones Oladeinde Arogbofa Dies At 72 by Customised3(f): 2:51pm On Feb 10
Nothing good comes out of nothing
Re: Jones Oladeinde Arogbofa Dies At 72 by Badadvisor: 2:51pm On Feb 10
IrawoKross:
May his soul rest peacefully.

Ondo State is blessed with some good individuals.
That's my favorite Yoruba state. Sometimes you can mistake them for South South cos of their looks and most of them i used to know hardly speak yoruba openly. Even their facial looks, you'd only get to know when you inquire about their state of origin. They don't act yoruba at all.

Almost 70 percent of my friends are yoruba

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jones Oladeinde Arogbofa Dies At 72 by olaiya2007(m): 2:51pm On Feb 10
RIP
Re: Jones Oladeinde Arogbofa Dies At 72 by Anguldi(m): 2:51pm On Feb 10
tongue
Re: Jones Oladeinde Arogbofa Dies At 72 by Uncletony(m): 2:52pm On Feb 10
Failure!
Re: Jones Oladeinde Arogbofa Dies At 72 by IrawoKross: 2:53pm On Feb 10
Badadvisor:

That's my favorite Yoruba state. Sometimes you can mistake them for South South cos of their looks and most of them i used to know hardly speak yoruba openly. Even their facial looks, you'd get to know when you inquire about their state of origin. They don't act yoruba at all.

Almost 70 percent of my friends are yoruba
You're right.... I love the state, especially the state emblem and their state anthem. Very close to the Niger Delta region and the sweet thing about them is that, they don't do this bigotry nonsense like most SW states do.

Akeredolu and Mimiko are the politicians I admire there.

It's a blessed State.

15 Likes

Re: Jones Oladeinde Arogbofa Dies At 72 by adesegun121(m): 2:53pm On Feb 10
Ok
Re: Jones Oladeinde Arogbofa Dies At 72 by Darkandhandsom(m): 2:55pm On Feb 10
Chief security officer not chief of staff
Re: Jones Oladeinde Arogbofa Dies At 72 by Seunpapa65: 3:03pm On Feb 10
I taught the said good luck started with one side appointment
That buhari learn from him and Tinubu

Re: Jones Oladeinde Arogbofa Dies At 72 by Badadvisor: 3:04pm On Feb 10
IrawoKross:
You're right.... I love the state, especially the state emblem and their state anthem. Very close to the Niger Delta region and the sweet thing about them is that, they don't do this bigotry nonsense like most SW states do.

Akeredolu and Mimiko are the politicians I admire there.

It's a blessed State.

For real i was right all along. I didn't even know the state is that close to Niger delta.
I lived almost all my life in the south west and i just find something very different about them.
Very accommodating and jovial set of people, they'd never speak their language in a group of people with different tribe, very sound and cool people.

1 Like

Re: Jones Oladeinde Arogbofa Dies At 72 by PortHarcourtcit(m): 3:05pm On Feb 10
Vinnie2000:

oh stop spewing trash... JAGABAN is not tribalistic...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jones Oladeinde Arogbofa Dies At 72 by JAWBONE(m): 3:08pm On Feb 10
Brendaniel:

Same thing I wanted to say but these Tinubu supporters always try to make it look as if Jonathan appointed only Igbo people and making it look as if it was the reason they were supporting Jonathan, the way they always lie and try to twist history is very annoying....

That is their stock-in-trade. Lies and propaganda. That's how they came into office.

Jonathan's private secretary was a Fulani man, his SA's were both Yoruba, Itsekiri. His close cabinet had Igbos. In fact the whole Nigeria was represented in Aso Rock.

Today Aso Rock looks like Lagos State Government
House and they are the same people that will call other Nigerians unpatriotic.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jones Oladeinde Arogbofa Dies At 72 by AareGaa: 3:08pm On Feb 10
Vinnie2000:

Ibos ruined Jonathan's government

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jones Oladeinde Arogbofa Dies At 72 by LifeofDream: 3:09pm On Feb 10
PortHarcourtcit:
oh stop spewing trash... JAGABAN is not tribalistic...
Ask him how jagaban is tribalistic, he won't have anything to say.. grin You don't know these people.. cheesy

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jones Oladeinde Arogbofa Dies At 72 by dealslip(f): 3:11pm On Feb 10
Wow! Sehinde Arogbofa. Many don't know he was an author of many fiction literature books. I recall we used his book Scoundrels in Uniform as our Lit in English book in JSS 3 many decades back.
Re: Jones Oladeinde Arogbofa Dies At 72 by kolexy(m): 3:12pm On Feb 10
Brendaniel:

Jonathan's Chief of Staff was the former Edo State Deputy Governor, Mike Oghiadome. He brought in Gen Arogbofa to appease South Westerners in preparation for the 2015 election. Recal there was no Yoruba man or woman amongst top 6 important positions in the country. In addition the SW only had 1 full Minister (Akinwunmi Adesina), the rest were Minister for State.

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Corruption: Buhari Raises Prosecution Panel, Names Members / Fulani Herdsmen: Oyedepo Describes Buhari’s Government As "Bloodthirsty" / Patience Jonathan Fuelled My Conflict With President, PDP – Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.