Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,072 members, 7,835,616 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

Intriguing Testimony Of Olaleye Florence, FULafia Best Graduating Student (Pics) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Intriguing Testimony Of Olaleye Florence, FULafia Best Graduating Student (Pics) (355 Views)

UNICAL VC, Florence Obi, On Vacation In The United States During ASUU Strike / LASPOTECH: Sanwo-Olu Approves Appointment Of Olaleye As Rector / Nwankwo Florence Ngozi, University Of Jos Overall Best Graduating Student (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Intriguing Testimony Of Olaleye Florence, FULafia Best Graduating Student (Pics) by iSense247: 6:30pm On Feb 10
Miss Olaleye Florence Michael from Oyo State emerged overall best graduating student on the occasion of the 6th, 7th and 8th convocation ceremony of the Federal University of Lafia, Nasarawa State held on 11th February, 2024

She finished with a CGPA of 4.9 out 5.0 in B.A Philosophy. She is not only best graduating student of her set but also the best graduating student in history of the University.

MY TESTIMONY

Delay is never a denial. A patient dog will indeed eat the fattest bone.

I am a product hard work, patience, perseverance and grace.

When I reminisced about my past, I can not but give God all the glory.

My journey into higher institution of learning began 13 years ago after I graduated from secondary school. I had to sit for several O'level examinations. It was such an uwkward experience to write five different O'level exams but as ugly as the situation was, it taught me how to study hard independently.

I got an admission into the Federal Polytechnic Ede, Osun State in 2012 to study Statistics (OND). A journey I thought would take two years ended up taking me about four years to complete due to incessant strikes and other internal crisis in the school. I graduated from Federal Polytechnic Ede in 2016 with an upper credit.

After my OND programme, I traveled down to Abuja for a year Internship when I heard about a noble institution called Federal University of Lafia.

In 2017, I was admitted into the Federal University of Lafia, Nasarawa State to study Mathematics but because I could not meet up with the basic admission requirements for the Mathematics I applied for, I was later offered Philosophy. Initially, I rejected the offer but God said that I should go ahead with the Philosophy. Thank God I obeyed.

May I add that I was also given an admission to study Statistics at the Federal Polytechnic Nasarawa, Nasarawa State in the same year. Whereas, an admission officer in FULafia had counseled me to defer my admission for a year so that I can have enough time to work towards meeting the requirements necessary to study Mathematics. But if I had deferred my admission as advised by FULafia and later go for Mathematics a session after or if I had continued with HND in Statistics in FPN, I might not be able make any significant impact in the field of Mathematics or Statistics like I did in Philosophy. And my already slow academics might have been slower than necessary.

However, switching from the field of Science to Art was not easy. I had to start learning how to read voluminous books and reviewing articles. That was when I began to apply the experience of independent study and research.

I ought to have graduated since 2020 but COVID-19 pandemic and ASUU strike delayed my graduation till 2021.

To the glory of God I graduated from the Federal University of Lafia in October 2021 with a CGPA of 4.91 out of 5.00; emerging as the overall best in my department, faculty and set at large.

May I use this medium to appreciate my family (particularly my siblings) and everyone who has invested into my success in one way or the other. May God bless you all.

I also want to encourage anyone passing through one challenge or the other, academically or otherwise, not to give up but to persevere and also look up to God patiently.

Today, the 10th of February 2024 marks the combined convocation of set 2020, 2021 and 2022 graduates of Federal University of Lafia, Nasarawa State, Nigeria and I had the privilege to present a valedictory speech at the beautiful event.

To God be the glory!

https://www.facebook.com/100087414859090/posts/pfbid0xVWQQG4ZY9CNHz3BiVn5xLj6hN4e4HwyiUJUCw4zVMdimmL7mvphqqjNjN9m75Bxl/?app=fbl

Cc Seun, mynd44, nlfpmod, Fynestboi, olawalebabs, Richiez

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Intriguing Testimony Of Olaleye Florence, FULafia Best Graduating Student (Pics) by Abdin1(m): 8:05pm On Feb 10
Wow. Congratulations. Delay is indeed not denial.
Re: Intriguing Testimony Of Olaleye Florence, FULafia Best Graduating Student (Pics) by thesicilian: 8:31pm On Feb 10
Fulafia sounds like the name for a rat poison.
Re: Intriguing Testimony Of Olaleye Florence, FULafia Best Graduating Student (Pics) by Newton2024: 8:39pm On Feb 10
It's good to be patient in life. Congratulations!
Re: Intriguing Testimony Of Olaleye Florence, FULafia Best Graduating Student (Pics) by PinkNature: 9:22pm On Feb 10
Congratulations. 🎉

@nlfpmod, this deserves FP.
Re: Intriguing Testimony Of Olaleye Florence, FULafia Best Graduating Student (Pics) by LordIsaac(m): 10:15pm On Feb 10
That lady would be grounded in logic…tuale!!!
Re: Intriguing Testimony Of Olaleye Florence, FULafia Best Graduating Student (Pics) by longetivity(m): 12:54am On Feb 11
Congratulations

(1) (Reply)

ASUU Suspends Strike / On Spot Admission And Free Seminar 2014 / Latest Info Abt Offa Poly Admission Call 07030308902

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.