Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,761 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Akeredolu’s Death’ll Boost My Chances Of Becoming Ondo Gov -jimoh Ibrahim - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akeredolu’s Death’ll Boost My Chances Of Becoming Ondo Gov -jimoh Ibrahim (923 Views)

Picture Of Sanwo-Olu, Oyebanji, Dapo Abiodun, Jimoh Ibrahim In Dubai / Jimoh Ibrahim Wins Ondo South Senatorial Seat / Jimoh Ibrahim Visits Bola Tinubu In Abuja (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akeredolu’s Death’ll Boost My Chances Of Becoming Ondo Gov -jimoh Ibrahim by TruthsFM: 2:10am On Feb 11
Akeredolu’s Death’ll Boost My Chances Of Becoming Ondo Gov -Jimoh Ibrahim

The senator representing Ondo South, Jimoh Ibrahim, on Thursday, said the death of a former governor of the state, Rotimi Akeredolu, will enhance his chances of becoming the next governor.

Ibrahim who declared that he is ready to contest the forthcoming governorship election in the state also expressed optimism that there would be no imposition of a candidate from the national leadership of the All Progressives Congress and the Presidency.

He made this known in Akure, the state capital, noting that President Bola Tinubu would allow a free and fair primary to enable the best candidate to emerge.

He said, “I’m declaring my intention to run for the governorship election of Ondo State. Among the contestants, I am the oldest. I have contested election twice in my lifetime, one of which I contested for the governorship position in 2003, and none of these contestants was on that ballot.

“The President will never say that we should go and work for the incumbent governor. He can only appeal that maybe he prefers one person if you can prefer him and if you cannot, go and do your election. So the President cannot say that I have taken this person so all of you should go and sit down. Even Buhari who is very clueless about anything can never do that.”

The APC governorship aspirant also noted that the death of former Governor Rotimi Akeredolu would not affect his chances but would rather increase the chance of winning the primary and the main election.

“Maybe the death of Aketi has enhanced my chances because Aketi is a human being, he can be subjectively objective at the last minute. But now that he is no more, that possibility is written off completely. So whoever is there, wants to run for governor will meet me at the field.

“So Aketi’s death doesn’t affect my chances at all, but it would rather enhance my chances to win the governorship position of this state. So we are working seriously to win this election,” Ibrahim stressed.

https://www.osundefender.com/akeredolus-deathll-boost-my-chances-of-becoming-ondo-gov-jimoh-ibrahim/

1 Share

Re: Akeredolu’s Death’ll Boost My Chances Of Becoming Ondo Gov -jimoh Ibrahim by TruthsFM: 2:12am On Feb 11
Hmm 🤔
Re: Akeredolu’s Death’ll Boost My Chances Of Becoming Ondo Gov -jimoh Ibrahim by richiemcgold: 2:13am On Feb 11
These are the kind of statements that made some people assumed that the dude was killed

5 Likes

Re: Akeredolu’s Death’ll Boost My Chances Of Becoming Ondo Gov -jimoh Ibrahim by leadinggists(m): 2:16am On Feb 11
Life, always craving for post
Re: Akeredolu’s Death’ll Boost My Chances Of Becoming Ondo Gov -jimoh Ibrahim by NOC1(m): 2:51am On Feb 11
This is a very careless statement. I have watched Jimoh Ibrahim speak many times, and all I see is arrogance and unnecessary boasting.
Man speaks as if he is sure of tomorrow since Wednesday, over Seven prominent Healthy Nigerians have died, four died as a result of heart attack from a Nigerian match, Wigwe and crew on a plane crash; these are able-breathing men who had plans for the next moment.
If I were the president, I would throw a spanner on his wheel.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu’s Death’ll Boost My Chances Of Becoming Ondo Gov -jimoh Ibrahim by magoo10(m): 4:50am On Feb 11
Pride goes before a fall

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu’s Death’ll Boost My Chances Of Becoming Ondo Gov -jimoh Ibrahim by Namaster: 4:58am On Feb 11
This is the kind of statement that you are FREE to think but should NEVER speak.

This guy has a machine-gun mouth. Not a good trait in a leader.

Might be fine for online trolls like Onanuga, but not for someone who wants to be governor.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu’s Death’ll Boost My Chances Of Becoming Ondo Gov -jimoh Ibrahim by duduade: 5:39am On Feb 11
Jimoh Ibrahim can never and will never be Gov of Ondo State

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu’s Death’ll Boost My Chances Of Becoming Ondo Gov -jimoh Ibrahim by Contriman(m): 6:20am On Feb 11
duduade:
Jimoh Ibrahim can never and will never be Gov of Ondo State

lol dey play in Nigeria its the wicked ones that ruleth grin

2 Likes

Re: Akeredolu’s Death’ll Boost My Chances Of Becoming Ondo Gov -jimoh Ibrahim by Sirianese: 7:13am On Feb 11
If Jimoh becomes governor of Ondo, FGN should just declare the state bankrupt immediately cheesy

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akeredolu’s Death’ll Boost My Chances Of Becoming Ondo Gov -jimoh Ibrahim by clearcrystal: 7:19am On Feb 11
Sirianese:
If Jimoh becomes governor of Ondo, FGN should just declare the state bankrupt immediately cheesy

Your head dey dear.
He will loot and re-loot the state resources.
He will make sure he clears all the debt hanging on his neck.
I don't wish Ondo state have this man as their governor.

4 Likes

Re: Akeredolu’s Death’ll Boost My Chances Of Becoming Ondo Gov -jimoh Ibrahim by BigBlackPreek(m): 7:19am On Feb 11
Somethings are better not be said at all

2 Likes

Re: Akeredolu’s Death’ll Boost My Chances Of Becoming Ondo Gov -jimoh Ibrahim by Sirianese: 7:30am On Feb 11
clearcrystal:

Your head dey dear.
He will loot and re-loot the state resources.
He will make sure he clears all the debt hanging on his neck.
I don't wish Ondo state have this man as their governor.

Funny enough Jimoh started off business as a rich man (with Abacha money). I still remember when he showed up around 2000 or thereabouts as a tax genius from Harvard,he bought a fleet of Hummer trucks (they were the rave then) and bamboozled everybody

Even OBJ was deceived into giving him money to manage, Jimoh pissed it all away, every company he managed ended up with gigantic debt. Dude is a complete maniac. If you listen to him make his speeches you realize he has serious brain disorder...he's always spouting gibberish

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu’s Death’ll Boost My Chances Of Becoming Ondo Gov -jimoh Ibrahim by slivertongue: 7:38am On Feb 11
Even Buhari who is very clueless about anything can never do that.”

WOW!!

2 Likes

Re: Akeredolu’s Death’ll Boost My Chances Of Becoming Ondo Gov -jimoh Ibrahim by Kukutenla: 7:41am On Feb 11
I suspect a high dose of colos before the interview

2 Likes

Re: Akeredolu’s Death’ll Boost My Chances Of Becoming Ondo Gov -jimoh Ibrahim by ecolime(m): 7:50am On Feb 11
This serial debtor. Just dey play

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu’s Death’ll Boost My Chances Of Becoming Ondo Gov -jimoh Ibrahim by Jostoman: 8:51am On Feb 11
Akeredolu family should have conducted an Autopsy on him before they buried him.

Nigeria politics is so dirty and deadly.

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu’s Death’ll Boost My Chances Of Becoming Ondo Gov -jimoh Ibrahim by Jostoman: 11:20am On Feb 11
I have been suspecting from the beginning that Akeredolu sickness is suspicious.
Re: Akeredolu’s Death’ll Boost My Chances Of Becoming Ondo Gov -jimoh Ibrahim by fidelmarshal199: 11:41am On Feb 11
His major problem is his tongue, he doesn't know when to talk and when to keep shut. If you think Onanuga is vulgar, Listen to Jimoh Ibrahim speech. You will be dumbfounded.

BTW He has been in the senate for 8 months now with no contributions whatsoever to his constituents
Re: Akeredolu’s Death’ll Boost My Chances Of Becoming Ondo Gov -jimoh Ibrahim by Treasure17(m): 3:21pm On Feb 11
Politics is dirty.

(1) (Reply)

How Obj W As Humbled In Abia, Lagos / Is Nigeria Made For This People? / Kidnap Drama.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.