Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,067 members, 7,828,781 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

Is Polygamy A Sin? By Reno Omokri - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Polygamy A Sin? By Reno Omokri (131 Views)

Why Village People Kill A Lot Of Africans By Reno Omokri / The Yoruba Origins Of The Name Moses (not The Man Moses) - By Reno Omokri / Sex Dolls:Are we committing sin by having sex with sex dolls ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Polygamy A Sin? By Reno Omokri by losak9111(m): 7:09am On Feb 11
Is Polygamy a Sin?

I have repeatedly been asked to give my views on the issue of polygamy, and the pressure keeps building. Primarily due to the increase of prostate cancer in our society. I have offered my views before, and perhaps those asking me for my thoughts are unaware.

On polygamy, when you consider it biologically, only 3% of mammals are monogamous for life. Please fact-check me. When you now break it down further into mammals that are primates, the number drops significantly to 1%. Biologically, the sexual libido of a male mammal, be it human beings, lions, rabbits, or other species, is too high to be accommodated by one female. This is a biological fact. Male primates have a higher sexual drive than females, except in very rare cases where there have been hormonal defects.

Now, when you look at it Scripturally, the views I will give here are my own interpretations based solely on devoted study of Scripture and not something that the Holy Spirit told me. It is also not the standard view in Pentecostal, Evangelical or mainstream view of Christendom. This is purely and simply my personal opinion based on my study of Scripture.

I am legally married to only one wife. I have never been married to two women simultaneously.

However, I do not condemn polygamy. For the following reasons:

1. God Himself gave David multiple wives. As we can see from the following verse of Scripture:

"I gave your master’s house to you, and your master’s wives into your arms. I gave you all Israel and Judah. And if all this had been too little, I would have given you even more."-2 Samuel 12:18.

1. Abraham, Jacob, David, and many other patriarchs and pastors were polygamous.

1. I am not sure that one woman can satisfy the sexual libido of one man for a lifetime, especially given that biologically, women experience menopause in their forties, which comes with decreased libido. In contrast, biologically, men can maintain their libido into their eighties. What is a married man to do in such circumstances?

1. Scripture prescribes monogamy and even total abstinence for only Bishops. We see this in the following verses:

"A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;"-1 Timothy 3:2.

"It is good for them to remain unmarried, as I am."-1 Corinthians 7:8.

Having said the above, it would seem that BEFORE the fall, when man was still innocent, God's intention was for monogamy. The reason I say this is because He created only one wife for Adam, and His definition of marriage appears to support one man and one wife, as we can see from Genesis 2:24:

"That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh."

However, after the fall of man, men and women were punished differently-Genesis 3:16-19.

As a result, different things happened to their bodies when man fell and lost perfection. One of the differences is that their biological clocks were no longer in equal alignment. Men retained virility much longer than women, which may be (this is an opinion, not an insight from Scripture or the Spirit) why God allowed polygamy after the fall.

In conclusion, I believe that polygamy is not a sin, and that it is better than adultery, and gay marriage. But these are my personal views, and I could be wrong, and because I could be wrong, I don't want to mislead people, or undermine their faith. Especially as we will each individually give accounts of our lives to our Creator. Therefore, approach God in prayer and get your own enlightenment on this issue.

Thank you for reading, and may God bless you.

Reno Omokri

Gospeller. Deep Thinker. #TableShaker. #GrowNairaBuyNaija advocate. Ruffler of the Feathers of Obidents. #1 Bestselling author of Facts Versus Fiction: The True Story of the Jonathan Years. Hodophile. Hollywood Magazine Humanitarian of the Year, 2019. Business Insider Influencer of the Year 2022.

1 Like

Re: Is Polygamy A Sin? By Reno Omokri by Dtruthspeaker: 7:12am On Feb 11
losak9111:
Is Polygamy a Sin?

I have repeatedly been asked to give my views on the issue of polygamy, and the pressure keeps building. Primarily due to the increase of prostate cancer in our society. I have offered my views before, and perhaps those asking me for my thoughts are unaware.

On polygamy, when you consider it biologically, only 3% of mammals are monogamous for life. ...

is it mammals God was speaking to? maybe Remo is an animal, that is why!
Re: Is Polygamy A Sin? By Reno Omokri by losak9111(m): 7:16am On Feb 11
Are human being not higher animal?
Dtruthspeaker:

is it mammals God was speaking to? maybe Remo is an animal, that is why!
Re: Is Polygamy A Sin? By Reno Omokri by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:16am On Feb 11
Yes, if we choose to go by the teachings of Jesus.

Mark 10:6 (KJV)

But from the beginning of the creation God made them MALE and FEMALE. For this cause shall A MAN leave his father and mother, and cleave to HIS WIFE; and they TWAIN shall be one flesh: so then they are no more TWAIN, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

Anyone who wants to use the examples of Abraham, Jacob, David, etc., in the (old testament) of the Bible as an excuse to go against the teachings of Jesus is not a true Christian.

God bless.
Re: Is Polygamy A Sin? By Reno Omokri by Dtruthspeaker: 7:18am On Feb 11
losak9111:
Are human being not higher animal?

human beings are not animals as mannequins are not humans.
Re: Is Polygamy A Sin? By Reno Omokri by losak9111(m): 7:33am On Feb 11
Rono Omokiri is right that monogamy is not a sin. The pentecostal churches are the one that emphasizes this erroneous teaching. The Bible gives example of. (1) those who are single but did not do the will of God and are punished e.g Cain.Nabal (2) those who are single who did the Will of God and had the favour of God e.g Abel Paul (3) Those with one wife who did not do the will of God and are punished e.g Adam, Ahab ,Ananaiah ( 4) Those with one wife who did the of God e.g Enouck, Noah. Hezekiah (5 ) Those with more than one wife who did not do the will of God e.g Jeroboam, Rehoboam (6) Those with more than one wife who found the favour of God e.g Abraham, David, Jacob Solomon Number of wives is not a factor of getting the favour of God but our personal relationship with God. As rightly pointed out in the right -up, Paul:s stand is it is better not to marry and was trying to justify this by saying that those who do not marry will try to please God but there is no portion, other than Paul 's book, where the bible says this. We should remember that God is no respecter of anybody neither does he changes. If it is a sin ,no polygamist could have gotten His favour as pointed out in 6 above God even instructed Moses in Deut 21:15 what to do in case there is a problem with a man with two wives
losak9111:
Is Polygamy a Sin?

On polygamy, when you consider it biologically, only 3% of mammals are monogamous for life. Please fact-check me. When you now break it down further into mammals that are primates, the number drops significantly to 1%. Biologically, the sexual libido of a male mammal, be it human beings, lions, rabbits, or other species, is too high to be accommodated by one female. This is a biological fact. Male primates have a higher sexual drive than females, except in very rare cases where there have been hormonal defects.

Now, when you look at it Scripturally, the views I will give here are my own interpretations based solely on devoted study of Scripture and not something that the Holy Spirit told me. It is also not the standard view in Pentecostal, Evangelical or mainstream view of Christendom. This is purely and simply my personal opinion based on my study of Scripture.

I am legally married to only one wife. I have never been married to two women simultaneously.

However, I do not condemn polygamy. For the following reasons:

1. God Himself gave David multiple wives. As we can see from the following verse of Scripture:

"I gave your master’s house to you, and your master’s wives into your arms. I gave you all Israel and Judah. And if all this had been too little, I would have given you even more."-2 Samuel 12:18.

1. Abraham, Jacob, David, and many other patriarchs and pastors were polygamous.

1. I am not sure that one woman can satisfy the sexual libido of one man for a lifetime, especially given that biologically, women experience menopause in their forties, which comes with decreased libido. In contrast, biologically, men can maintain their libido into their eighties. What is a married man to do in such circumstances?

1. Scripture prescribes monogamy and even total abstinence for only Bishops. We see this in the following verses:

"A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;"-1 Timothy 3:2.

"It is good for them to remain unmarried, as I am."-1 Corinthians 7:8.

Having said the above, it would seem that BEFORE the fall, when man was still innocent, God's intention was for monogamy. The reason I say this is because He created only one wife for Adam, and His definition of marriage appears to support one man and one wife, as we can see from Genesis 2:24:

"That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh."

However, after the fall of man, men and women were punished differently-Genesis 3:16-19.

As a result, different things happened to their bodies when man fell and lost perfection. One of the differences is that their biological clocks were no longer in equal alignment. Men retained virility much longer than women, which may be (this is an opinion, not an insight from Scripture or the Spirit) why God allowed polygamy after the fall.

In conclusion, I believe that polygamy is not a sin, and that it is better than adultery, and gay marriage. But these are my personal views, and I could be wrong, and because I could be wrong, I don't want to mislead people, or undermine their faith. Especially as we will each individually give accounts of our lives to our Creator. Therefore, approach God in prayer and get your own enlightenment on this issue.

Thank you for reading, and may God bless you.

Reno Omokri

Gospeller. Deep Thinker. #TableShaker. #GrowNairaBuyNaija advocate. Ruffler of the Feathers of Obidents. #1 Bestselling author of Facts Versus Fiction: The True Story of the Jonathan Years. Hodophile. Hollywood Magazine Humanitarian of the Year, 2019. Business Insider Influencer of the Year 2022.

1 Like

Re: Is Polygamy A Sin? By Reno Omokri by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:45am On Feb 11
losak9111:

Good thing you realized this is the way God made it in the beginning. That's the standard God sent Jesus to restore on Earth with regards His church, so no excuses to go contrary to that founding standard. Mark 10:6

God bless.

(1) (Reply)

Kano Hisbah Arrests 11 Muslims For Eating During Ramadan / Ever Experienced A Miracle Before? My Story.. / Who Started Terrorism? Christians Or Muslims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.