Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,922 members, 7,817,702 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

Why Blame Tinubu For Inflation When Obi Vowed To End Subsidy “On Day One”? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Blame Tinubu For Inflation When Obi Vowed To End Subsidy “On Day One”? (1082 Views)

Wike: Judiciary Right When Obi Reclaimed Mandate As Gov, Wrong When He Lost / Atedo Peterside: Where Was Amaechi When Obi's Votes Were Transferred To Tinubu / Odili Left CKC When Obi Was 6 Years Old - Peoples Gazette (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Blame Tinubu For Inflation When Obi Vowed To End Subsidy “On Day One”? by elverdad: 12:16pm On Feb 11
Catapault:
The hypocrisy of people blaming Tinubu for high prices caused by subsidy removal is truly mind boggling.

I clearly remember Peter Obi and even Atiku Abubakar vowing to remove subsidies “ON DAY ONE” of their presidency if they won!

So why is everybody now abusing Tinubu for the inflation?

It makes no sense.

Or am I missing something?

You are very stupid for asking this question
Fool

1 Like

Re: Why Blame Tinubu For Inflation When Obi Vowed To End Subsidy “On Day One”? by OfoIgbo: 12:18pm On Feb 11
Catapault:
The hypocrisy of people blaming Tinubu for high prices caused by subsidy removal is truly mind boggling.

I clearly remember Peter Obi and even Atiku Abubakar vowing to remove subsidies “ON DAY ONE” of their presidency if they won!

It makes no sense.

Stop lying. Obi never said that.

Obi always said that subsidy will be ended once measures are in place to cushion the effect.

Obi talked about granting licenses to modular refineries and people who're currently refining crude oil illegally.
He said those licenses will only be granted on the bases that those people will be selling their refined products in naira, thus saving Nigerians from being exposed to the strength of the dollar.

Your propaganda will not wash. We know the truth

1 Like

Re: Why Blame Tinubu For Inflation When Obi Vowed To End Subsidy “On Day One”? by aswani(m): 12:29pm On Feb 11
elverdad:

Fool

No opinion on what is being discussed, no enlightening addition to the topic. Just abuse and insult because he heard Peter Obi being mentioned and not even being disparaged.

Typical Obidient mentality and the reason why Peter Obi will never be President of our great country Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Blame Tinubu For Inflation When Obi Vowed To End Subsidy “On Day One”? by ablejesus26(m): 1:02pm On Feb 11
jmoore:

And Obi is not allowed to change his mind on subsidy removal?

Hypocrites shooting themselves in the balls.

Nigeria is in the hands of a man who does not believe in the Country.

1 Like

Re: Why Blame Tinubu For Inflation When Obi Vowed To End Subsidy “On Day One”? by Basic123: 1:09pm On Feb 11
Chicagograduate:
Is obi also the cause of $1 to ₦1500 exchange?

Re: Why Blame Tinubu For Inflation When Obi Vowed To End Subsidy “On Day One”? by Basic123: 1:12pm On Feb 11
OfoIgbo:

Obi always said that subsidy will be ended once measures are in place to cushion the effect.

Obi talked about granting licenses to modular refineries and people who're currently refining crude oil illegally.
He said those licenses will only be granted on the bases that those people will be selling their refined products in naira, thus saving Nigerians from being exposed to the strength of the dollar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrgp1pMZNSw?si=QXVGRTEZrMggEbAv
Re: Why Blame Tinubu For Inflation When Obi Vowed To End Subsidy “On Day One”? by Basic123: 1:13pm On Feb 11
elverdad:

Fool

Re: Why Blame Tinubu For Inflation When Obi Vowed To End Subsidy “On Day One”? by Basic123: 1:13pm On Feb 11
ablejesus26:

Nigeria is in the hands of a man who does not believe in the Country.

Re: Why Blame Tinubu For Inflation When Obi Vowed To End Subsidy “On Day One”? by elverdad: 3:01pm On Feb 11
aswani:

No opinion on what is being discussed, no enlightening addition to the topic. Just abuse and insult because he heard Peter Obi being mentioned and not even being disparaged.

Typical Obidient mentality and the reason why Peter Obi will never be President of our great country Nigeria.

No enlightening addition to the topic .Just your stupidity why will you mention he's name? You voted for Tinubu city poo wee ..Now you are suffering , why are you call obi now ?

This is why foolish Tinubu followers will remean poor forever

Idiot

1 Like

Re: Why Blame Tinubu For Inflation When Obi Vowed To End Subsidy “On Day One”? by elverdad: 3:04pm On Feb 11
Basic123:

Thats why your theifnub is foolish and you are also foolish

It was a trap and both of you idiots fell into it
Fools
Re: Why Blame Tinubu For Inflation When Obi Vowed To End Subsidy “On Day One”? by OfoIgbo: 3:04pm On Feb 11
Basic123:

https://twitter.com/PeterObi/status/1592541836526387201?s=08

Now for more details, I will advise you to go and read the Labour MANIFESTO. That is the official policy of Peter Obi, if the riggers hadn't rigged him out.

The manifesto has the full details of what he would have done, but for the meantime, enjoy the above twitter page.

But Tinubu ruined everything by halting subsidy without having any meaningful cushioning policies, like Obi was proposing

What this all means is that you cannot hang Tinubu's incompetence on Obi. Let the Lagos builder, go and build Nigeria grin grin

Re: Why Blame Tinubu For Inflation When Obi Vowed To End Subsidy “On Day One”? by aswani(m): 3:20pm On Feb 11
elverdad:

No enlightening addition to the topic .Just your stupidity why will you mention he's name? You voted for Tinubu city poo wee ..Now you are suffering , why are you call obi now ?

This is why foolish Tinubu followers will remean poor forever

Idiot

I didn't vote for President Tinubu.

Peter Obi, Peter Obi, Peter Obi. Na three times I call him name because na third he carry.
Re: Why Blame Tinubu For Inflation When Obi Vowed To End Subsidy “On Day One”? by Catapault: 4:02pm On Feb 11
OfoIgbo:

Oga you called me a liar.

Ok, let me prove you wrong.

Obi Vows to Remove Fuel Subsidy First Day in Office if Elected President

Business Post NG

08-January-2023

Candidate of the Labour Party in the February 25, 2023, presidential election, Mr Peter Obi, has promised to yank off fuel subsidy from his first day in office if he wins the exercise.

Mr Obi made this disclosure at the Town Hall meeting organised by Channels Television on Sunday, monitored by Business Post.

The former Governor of Anambra State was at the event with his running mate, Mr Yusuf Datti-Ahmed, who broke down in tears while condemning attacks on his family by the opposition.

Mr Obi, who described the petrol subsidy as an organised crime, stressed that he would not waste any time removing the subsidy because it is useless.

“It is only in Nigeria the government pays like N6 trillion to N7 trillion for fuel subsidy and budgets about N4.5 trillion to education, health and capital projects; this is crazy,” the Labour Party flagbearer said.

“From my first day in office, I will remove subsidy,” he added, noting that the volume of petrol the government says the country currently consumes is inflated.

This is not the first time Mr Obi has promised to remove the petrol subsidies if elected as the next President of Nigeria.

While addressing the Lagos Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LCCI) at a private sector economic forum last year, he said the funds saved from the removal of subsidy would be invested in critical sectors of the economy.

“Subsidy is an organised crime; 50 per cent of it is corruption. So, it must be removed, after which we will focus on supporting the private sector’s participation in local refining and invest the subsidy funds in more critical sectors like health and education,” he said.

https://businesspost.ng/economy/obi-vows-to-remove-fuel-subsidy-first-day-in-office-if-elected-president/

………..

So, NOTHING about “cushioning the effects”, or “removing it in phases”, or “putting in place measures to reduce the impact of the subsidy removal” and other BARE-FACED LIES grin told by the Obidients to exculpate him.

So it is really DISHONEST to sit there blaming Tinubu for high prices when the EXACT SAME GADDEM THING WOULD BE HAPPENING with Peter Obi as president.

And this same gathering of jobless, sociopathic boot lickers, professional malcontents, and ethnic chauvinists, would have been singing to high heavens about the “necessity” of the current situation.

Shameless degenerates!

1 Like

Re: Why Blame Tinubu For Inflation When Obi Vowed To End Subsidy “On Day One”? by Basic123: 4:19pm On Feb 11
OfoIgbo:

Now for more details, I will advise you to go and read the Labour MANIFESTO. That is the official policy of Peter Obi, if the riggers hadn't rigged him out.

The manifesto has the full details of what he would have done, but for the meantime, enjoy the above twitter page.

But Tinubu ruined everything by halting subsidy without having any meaningful cushioning policies, like Obi was proposing

What this all means is that you cannot hang Tinubu's incompetence on Obi. Let the Lagos builder, go and build Nigeria grin grin

😆...I should go and read manifesto now.

Yes he built modern LAGOS and he will build Nigeria..relax

THIS ANAMBRA fraud will do nada as president

Re: Why Blame Tinubu For Inflation When Obi Vowed To End Subsidy “On Day One”? by 10mobile: 4:47pm On Feb 11
osscarr:

1. I don't see any reasonable solution U've shared here
2. I have never quarrelled with u B4
As for dieing of ulcer, sorry I don't have time to die. U can die of cancer if U wish
This is to say I'm really sorry for the harsh words I used.

1 Like

Re: Why Blame Tinubu For Inflation When Obi Vowed To End Subsidy “On Day One”? by apunanwu311: 5:26pm On Feb 11
APC and this government, every time Obi this, Obi that, is Obi the President of this country? Una wan copy expo but Una no Sabi copy correctlyAPC and this government, every time Obi this, Obi that, is Obi the President of this country? Una wan copy expo but Una no Sabi copy correctly...
Re: Why Blame Tinubu For Inflation When Obi Vowed To End Subsidy “On Day One”? by omoharry(f): 5:40pm On Feb 11
Catapault:

It makes no sense.

Election is over ! It is over! Tinubu is now the president of Nigeria.. what the hell are you talking about ? Is Obi the president? What is wrong with you guys from Apc ? You guys made sure your Tinubu becomes the president either by hook or crook. He is NOW THE PRESIDENT but clueless as to how to govern Nigeria .. now you are coming out to tell us tales by moonlight ? Have you guys ran out of excuses ? No more PDP to blame anymore ?
Shameless party that does not know their left and right .. the only thing they know how to do is talk , TALK! TALK ! and give nonsense excuses for their poor performance. Clueless party with empty headed leaders .
If you guys don't know what to do with leadership then Bleep off from that seat and let competent hands step in and lead us . Nonsense .

1 Like

Re: Why Blame Tinubu For Inflation When Obi Vowed To End Subsidy “On Day One”? by ablejesus26(m): 5:53pm On Feb 11
Basic123:

Did You read anywhere it says He will remove subsidy immediately without putting up policies in place to tackle the effects? Minus subsidy or no Subsidy, Tinubu can never do well bcus he doesn't believe in One Nigeria and His Apc was never formed to make Nigeria better,to Tinubu and His Apc Nigeria is plainly politics nothing more nothing less.

Re: Why Blame Tinubu For Inflation When Obi Vowed To End Subsidy “On Day One”? by Emusan(m): 6:01pm On Feb 11
Catapault:

It makes no sense.

You failed to listen to Peter Obi when he was painfully reeling out is plan for the country including going to places. I guess you're among those who make mockery of him about quoting statistics.

Now, you have seen the failure of the person you voted for and looking for how to twist the narrative.

The assignment for you are:
Go and find out what Peter Obi said about OUR DAILY CONSUMPTION in respect to subsidy removal.

Let me give you a clue on this, the real fraud on subsidy is on our daily consumption.

Imagine, we were told that Nigeria consumes over 60million litters per day. Peter Obi gave example that Pakistan who is more than Nigeria in population don't consume the quantity of fuel our leaders told us we are consuming. So, if we can actually get our daily consumption then you might even be surprised that the amount to be paid on subsidy won't be a burden to the government or what FG can bear until subsidy can finally be addressed.

Go and find out about what he said on oil theft in respect to subsidy removal.

Then, bring out your fact on how elder Tinubu addressed any topic about subsidy, oil theft and our daily consumption.

Just agree that either you were among those who decided to teach Igbo lesson or you made grave mistake by voting for Elder Tinubu even when he never makes any reasonable point that addresses the failed economy which he is part of or you just voted simply because he's your tribal man.
Re: Why Blame Tinubu For Inflation When Obi Vowed To End Subsidy “On Day One”? by badoh(m): 6:07pm On Feb 11
Udoboss:
Yes, you're missing something out

He said he'd remove the subsidy but in phases.

He said that Nigeria pays more on unaccounted petroleum...He said he'd cut out excess first, and then the money from the excess would be used to drive investments in critical sectors before removing it entirely .

I watched the interview

Forget Obi and come to nairaland and bring suggestions that will bail Tinubu out...there are government officials here...they might see your post and push your idea...

Nation is bleeding...You came out to call Obi

Don't we have consciences??

Even if you're paid...Still relax sometimes na

Shuu
Please tell us the strategy he will adopt by removing subsidy in phases?
What was his scorecard in Anambra State when he was the governor?
Why did he allow health workers to down tool for almost a year without considering the attendant effect on the health sector?
Why did he invest state funds in a bank he has vested and controlling interest?
What critical infrastructure did Obi built that we can call a legacy project?
Was it true that Obi sacked civil servants that are not indigene of Anambra State?
Do you think Obi has the mental and political will to govern a a complex country as Nigeria without succumbing to the threat of Boko-haram, UGM, bandits etc
Do you see Obi surviving 1year as President without facing the threat of impeachment?
Re: Why Blame Tinubu For Inflation When Obi Vowed To End Subsidy “On Day One”? by Emusan(m): 6:16pm On Feb 11
badoh:

Why did he allow health workers to down tool for almost a year without considering the attendant effect on the health sector?
Was it true that Obi sacked civil servants that are not indigene of Anambra State?
Do you think Obi has the mental and political will to govern a a complex country as Nigeria without succumbing to the threat of Boko-haram, UGM, bandits etc
Do you see Obi surviving 1year as President without facing the threat of impeachment?

You should rather be asking all these questions from the person who is ruling now. I believe you asked all these questions before election and you got the answers.

So rather focus on the person you voted by start comparing his before election statement and manifesto with the reality on ground.

Well, if you didn't ask such questions before election, it'll be better you do personal research of all interviews Obi did before the election. That will help.

I know you people just want to be consoling yourself with this narrative of "IF Obi this IF Obi that"
Re: Why Blame Tinubu For Inflation When Obi Vowed To End Subsidy “On Day One”? by Exousiang01: 7:04pm On Feb 11
Chicagograduate:
Is obi also the cause of $1 to ₦1500 exchange?
Is that what the topic is about?
If you can't contribute to the topic you shut up.
Re: Why Blame Tinubu For Inflation When Obi Vowed To End Subsidy “On Day One”? by Udoboss(m): 7:04pm On Feb 11
badoh:

How did all of these affect Tinubu 's performance
Re: Why Blame Tinubu For Inflation When Obi Vowed To End Subsidy “On Day One”? by SpatialKing(m): 7:30pm On Feb 11
Obi is now the standard
Re: Why Blame Tinubu For Inflation When Obi Vowed To End Subsidy “On Day One”? by excanny: 7:45pm On Feb 11
Idiot OP, we should blame Obi right?
Re: Why Blame Tinubu For Inflation When Obi Vowed To End Subsidy “On Day One”? by Basic123: 9:37pm On Feb 11
ablejesus26:

Did You read anywhere it says He will remove subsidy immediately without putting up policies in place to tackle the effects? Minus subsidy or no Subsidy, Tinubu can never do well bcus he doesn't believe in One Nigeria and His Apc was never formed to make Nigeria better,to Tinubu and His Apc Nigeria is plainly politics nothing more nothing less.
I didn't need to read I watched him saying it
Re: Why Blame Tinubu For Inflation When Obi Vowed To End Subsidy “On Day One”? by OfoIgbo: 8:45am On Feb 12
Basic123:

😆...I should go and read manifesto now.

Yes he built modern LAGOS and he will build Nigeria..relax

THIS ANAMBRA fraud will do nada as president

People are hungry, while he is building.
Yesterday he went to NDA to beg them not to carry out a coup against him.

Tell Tinubu to stop building inflation and hunger in Nigeria. Nigerians don't deserve that sort of building.

Talking about who is a fraud, you already know who the drug dealer and the fake certificate specialist is.
Re: Why Blame Tinubu For Inflation When Obi Vowed To End Subsidy “On Day One”? by Nyouth: 9:06am On Feb 12
Show us evidence where obi said he would remove subsidy on day one, he never made such statement he only said he would remove subsidy, and he know how he is going to do it without destroying the economy
Re: Why Blame Tinubu For Inflation When Obi Vowed To End Subsidy “On Day One”? by Nyouth: 9:06am On Feb 12
will be here listening and watching them wail and cry.
Ancient hymn book Emilokan Chapter 4 vs 8.
You short sighted bigots had the opportunity to rescue Nigeria from it's claws of thieves, no but you choose the path of tribalism shouting Away lokan'.
What the elders saw while sitting, Children will not see it even when they climb mountain Everest.
We warned you people.
It's unfortunate you'll wail for the next 8 years.
Re: Why Blame Tinubu For Inflation When Obi Vowed To End Subsidy “On Day One”? by omohayek: 9:42am On Feb 12
kcprince:
Subsidy has little hand in the current inflation . Blame it on the high exchange rate. Tinubu did not shop for the best hands to handle the CBN and the economy as you must be a Yoruba man to get such position . That is why we must blame him for the inflation .
And here we have another Nairalander whose brains have been utterly scrambled by tribalism. If you had left it at saying Cardoso was the wrong man for the job, I would have agreed with you, but you just had to spoil your own argument with tribalistic nonsense like "you must be a Yoruba man to get such position", as if economic expertise were the exclusive preserve of some other group (no doubt, you believe said group to be your own).

The real problem with Cardoso is that he owes Tinubu so much for his rise that his "independence" as CBN governor is in name only, and this would have been the case even if Cardoso had been your "kinsman" born in your own village. Central bank governors have to be willing to make unpopular decisions, and in a country like Nigeria which has weak institutions and a Senate dominated by Tinubu's own party, the only way for a CBN governor to have a strong backbone is to already have a strong reputation established independently of the governing party. Instead Tinubu did what every Nigerian politician does, and surrounded himself with people he felt he could control because they'd be in debt to him. "Tribal" considerations had nothing to do with it, whatever kneejerk tribalists like you might wish to believe.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pipe Line Fire,why Only In Nigeria? / Make Your Choice 26 Presidential Aspirants. / Taliban Group Planning To Take Over Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.