Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,288 members, 7,815,495 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

Saka And Other Stars That Could Have Played For Nigeria And Ivory Coast - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Saka And Other Stars That Could Have Played For Nigeria And Ivory Coast (39494 Views)

Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best / 11 Nigerian Footballers Who Have Never Played For Nigeria / Kanu Nwankwo Wears Jersey Featuring All The Clubs He Played For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saka And Other Stars That Could Have Played For Nigeria And Ivory Coast by spartachico(m): 4:34pm On Feb 11
E be like una wan make war happen for Africa ,if Nigeria assemble all these players ,it's a no no for ivory coast
Re: Saka And Other Stars That Could Have Played For Nigeria And Ivory Coast by Emperormartin(m): 4:34pm On Feb 11
jamesversion:
Nigeria still remain plenty oh.

Lesley Ugochukwu of Chelsea
Carney Chukwuemeka of Chelsea
Philip Billing of Bournemouth
Karim Adeyemi of Borussia Dortmund
Felix Nmecha of Borissia Dortmund
Michael Olise of Crystal Palace
Arnaut Danjuma of Everton
Nathan Tella of Bayer Leverkusen
Noah Okafor of AC Milan
Destiny Udogie of Tottenham
Ross Barkley, wherever he is. grin
Nathan tella is a Nigerian international. He has one cap for Nigeria

He was only dislodged from this afcon squad because Ahmed Musa was invited

3 Likes

Re: Saka And Other Stars That Could Have Played For Nigeria And Ivory Coast by mariahAngel(f): 4:35pm On Feb 11
Nyanabo:
I remember Jordan Ibe. This one vexed us that year. He even went as far as correcting the English press his is is pronounced Iiib instead of ee-bay.

Where is he though? I don't think he still plays in the PL

Really? cheesy
Re: Saka And Other Stars That Could Have Played For Nigeria And Ivory Coast by Rajosh(m): 4:38pm On Feb 11
Nyanabo:
I remember Jordan Ibe. This one vexed us that year. He even went as far as correcting the English press his is is pronounced Iiib instead of ee-bay.

I remember whether said they should pronounce his name as Aiib.

Well he stopped playing football for like three years now. He was battling depression and undergoing therapy. But he's fine now. He just made his debut last month I think for one club in the 4th or 5th tier league in England.

2 Likes

Re: Saka And Other Stars That Could Have Played For Nigeria And Ivory Coast by Emperormartin(m): 4:41pm On Feb 11
Nyanabo:

That guy na full time mugu

Onye eriri eri

4 Likes

Re: Saka And Other Stars That Could Have Played For Nigeria And Ivory Coast by Alexis11: 4:44pm On Feb 11
Antwan99:
Have sense. Don't quote a long thread

Lol no vex
Re: Saka And Other Stars That Could Have Played For Nigeria And Ivory Coast by aswani(m): 4:45pm On Feb 11
Nyanabo:

He is playing non-league now after taking time off from football as a result of wellbeing issues.

Nedum Onuoha refused to play for Nigeria and preferred to be on the bench for England the once or twice they called him up, now he is on BBC celebrating Nigeria at AFCON.

I pray Eberechi Eze doesn't make that mistake though I doubt he can push Iwobi out of the attacking midfield position.

1 Like

Re: Saka And Other Stars That Could Have Played For Nigeria And Ivory Coast by anungangampu: 4:47pm On Feb 11
Rahkman:
U forget the original godfather wey start this nonsense john fashanu grin grin grin grin
LOL, you forgot Agbolaho or what his name his.
Both later try to use the call-up to boost their failed career.
Re: Saka And Other Stars That Could Have Played For Nigeria And Ivory Coast by anungangampu: 4:52pm On Feb 11
The only person own wey pain me na Alaba.
Alaba has no business playing for Austria. The guy get big heart and na for only Nigeria you go see him kind. He spoke about not being called up with too much Emotion.

The second is Saka. Saka is a confirm Nigeria and it's written all over him.

The third is Karim Adeyemi. I understand his Career needs Germany than Nigeria but the guy can defend Nigeria with all his heart

Tammy Abraham na scam, I remember the gimmicks he was playing with Nigeria and England flag before his call up. Na so we follow this guy till he later removed Nigeria flag and replaced with England flag. Fuxck him.

Jordan Ibe should be banned from entering Nigeria, He made a caricature of his name, it's not so hard to see why he quickly fell of the radar.

2 Likes

Re: Saka And Other Stars That Could Have Played For Nigeria And Ivory Coast by yusluvad(m): 4:58pm On Feb 11
Kings 👑❤️

1 Like

Re: Saka And Other Stars That Could Have Played For Nigeria And Ivory Coast by Thazard(m): 4:59pm On Feb 11
jamesversion:
Lesley Ugochukwu of Chelsea Carney Chukwuemeka of Chelsea Philip Billing of Bournemouth Karim Adeyemi of Borussia Dortmund Felix Nmecha of Borissia Dortmund Michael Olise of Crystal Palace Arnaut Danjuma of Everton Nathan Tella of Bayer Leverkusen Noah Okafor of AC Milan Destiny Udogie of Tottenham Ross Barkley, wherever he is. grin
grin grin grin
Re: Saka And Other Stars That Could Have Played For Nigeria And Ivory Coast by yinkeys(m): 5:01pm On Feb 11
Treasure17:
Saka all the way but majority of them fizzle out quickly.
Karim is a world class baller o
Re: Saka And Other Stars That Could Have Played For Nigeria And Ivory Coast by magzey: 5:06pm On Feb 11
westlius:

You correct
Even saka dey loved(England)
The day he missed penalty for them
He was mocked a black man
Like seriously grin grin
Re: Saka And Other Stars That Could Have Played For Nigeria And Ivory Coast by Threedoorsdown: 5:06pm On Feb 11
That's cos our FA is lazy and dubious. Other countries have home grown players cos they cherish and develop their leaguesand players but we love ready-made players where we had zero impact on their careers yet we want them to choose Nigeria.

Other countries give these guys an avenue to develop their talents and care for them and you think they won't choose those countries abi.

triple996:
why cant Nigeria stop talking about players that threw up elsewhere and start training our own. If Egypt can dominate afcon with home base players and (to some extent) south Africa also going all the way, why can't we also do it. How many European countries come to Africa to persuade players to represent them?

2 Likes

Re: Saka And Other Stars That Could Have Played For Nigeria And Ivory Coast by We4all: 5:06pm On Feb 11
We don't need them.

1 Like

Re: Saka And Other Stars That Could Have Played For Nigeria And Ivory Coast by Johnson225(m): 5:29pm On Feb 11
Mandate1:
be appreciative, this is why many would not respond to your invite. Iwobi gave up England call-up for Nigeria.

You are not a coach, a gud coach knows Iwobi is a gud player.

Boss. Iwobi is not a "good" player per say.
He's just the best available option for that AMF position. Nothing more
Re: Saka And Other Stars That Could Have Played For Nigeria And Ivory Coast by Streetmovement(m): 5:32pm On Feb 11
Wotoporiously cool speaking

I nor dey blame anybody wey nor play for Nigeria irrespective of the outcome, at the end of the day they're all humans and it's best they do what works for them, last time i checked it's not as if Nigeria is better than the countries they ended up playing for. Las Las no be competition, it's all about personal choice in life and they made their choice.

No biggie

2 Likes

Re: Saka And Other Stars That Could Have Played For Nigeria And Ivory Coast by Bluntguy: 5:33pm On Feb 11
TruthHurts1:

And the others are not their father's sons abi?

Yes. Do you have any problem with that?
Re: Saka And Other Stars That Could Have Played For Nigeria And Ivory Coast by Emmariks(m): 5:36pm On Feb 11
Bluntguy:
Shout out to Ademola Lookman. You are your father's son.
and baba de deliver. Today they go with the crown for their effort.
Re: Saka And Other Stars That Could Have Played For Nigeria And Ivory Coast by soccerlite: 5:53pm On Feb 11
gaby:
Where is Tammy Abraham today? Lol

Tiri layuon, e no see...

Chupa Eagles, e no see..

Funny

Can everyone play for nigeria

Even players that played qualifiers, some didn't make list moreover folks that never lived in nigeria

You people just think one way

2 Likes

Re: Saka And Other Stars That Could Have Played For Nigeria And Ivory Coast by optimusprime2(m): 6:06pm On Feb 11
Mostly only Eberechi Eze and Jamal Musaila are players the SE team would have needed due to their midfield playmaking abilities, however there's no need for the other listed players.

1 Like

Re: Saka And Other Stars That Could Have Played For Nigeria And Ivory Coast by thedio(m): 6:06pm On Feb 11
They are all good players but I prefer home grown talent who have played on the street,on sand with bare foot like Osimeh,Hammed Musa and Iheanacho.
We should try and develop our talent and export them
Re: Saka And Other Stars That Could Have Played For Nigeria And Ivory Coast by Throwback: 6:16pm On Feb 11
Jokerman:
They are dumb not to have chosen Nigeria

Cristiano could have chosen Brazil but chose Portugal; Pessi could have chosen Spain but still played for Argentina

Cristiano is not Brazilian in any way.

He is fully Portuguese and named after US President Ronald Reagan.

1 Like

Re: Saka And Other Stars That Could Have Played For Nigeria And Ivory Coast by Thomasankara(m): 6:19pm On Feb 11
[/color]c. Ronaldo is original
Portuguese[color=#770077]
Jokerman:
They are dumb not to have chosen Nigeria

Cristiano could have chosen Brazil but chose Portugal; Pessi could have chosen Spain but still played for Argentina
Re: Saka And Other Stars That Could Have Played For Nigeria And Ivory Coast by ideylaff: 6:25pm On Feb 11
haybhi1:
We're glad for the ones that stick by. It shows they choose to remain even in face of the hurdles. They'll remain in our hearts. Staying put to roots in face of better options—not much is more humanitary and thoughtful than that. They're gold.
Kudos to the very few like Alaba that dearly wanted to represent us but never get called up too.
To hell with others. All effing others.

Haba nooooo oooo

No need to swear at those who chose other countries. Thats a bad taste attitude by swearing at them

We are only dancing cos eagles are doing well. The Eagles set up

Normally the Super Eagles camp is one of god fatherism, man no man and all sorts of deals that frustrate players from representing their mother land.

I clap for those who have chosen Nigeria but please don berate those who hav chosen otherwise.

It's called Choice. Lets respect all our boys either playing for Nigeria or other countries

The Eagles camp and politics can be as nasty as they come . It’s not easy with kids born in England to fit in easily. Iwobi is bn protected due to Okocha’s influence and stuff .

2 Likes

Re: Saka And Other Stars That Could Have Played For Nigeria And Ivory Coast by lavylilly: 6:31pm On Feb 11
jamesversion:

Lesley Ugochukwu of Chelsea
Carney Chukwuemeka of Chelsea
Philip Billing of Bournemouth
Karim Adeyemi of Borussia Dortmund
Felix Nmecha of Borissia Dortmund
Michael Olise of Crystal Palace
Arnaut Danjuma of Everton
Nathan Tella of Bayer Leverkusen
Noah Okafor of AC Milan
Destiny Udogie of Tottenham
Ross Barkley, wherever he is. grin
His never playing for Nigeria
Re: Saka And Other Stars That Could Have Played For Nigeria And Ivory Coast by lavylilly: 6:32pm On Feb 11
ideylaff:

Haba nooooo oooo

No need to swear at those who chose other countries. Thats a bad taste attitude by swearing at them

We are only dancing cos eagles are doing well. The Eagles set up

Normally the Super Eagles camp is one of god fatherism, man no man and all sorts of deals that frustrate players from representing their mother land.

I clap for those who have chosen Nigeria but please don berate those who hav chosen otherwise.

It's called Choice. Lets respect all our boys either playing for Nigeria or other countries

The Eagles camp and politics can be as nasty as they come . It’s not easy with kids born in England to fit in easily. Iwobi is bn protected due to Okocha’s influence and stuff .
Fallacy of lies
Re: Saka And Other Stars That Could Have Played For Nigeria And Ivory Coast by lavylilly: 6:33pm On Feb 11
wink
Threedoorsdown:
That's cos our FA is lazy and dubious. Other countries have home grown players cos they cherish and develop their leaguesand players but we love ready-made players where we had zero impact on their careers yet we want them to choose Nigeria.

Other countries give these guys an avenue to develop their talents and care for them and you think they won't choose those countries abi.

Re: Saka And Other Stars That Could Have Played For Nigeria And Ivory Coast by lavylilly: 6:36pm On Feb 11
spartachico:
E be like una wan make war happen for Africa ,if Nigeria assemble all these players ,it's a no no for ivory coast
ordinary Nigeria you cannot invade, common banditry you cannot solve it war you wanna declare
Re: Saka And Other Stars That Could Have Played For Nigeria And Ivory Coast by Ashirioluwa: 6:41pm On Feb 11
Story
Re: Saka And Other Stars That Could Have Played For Nigeria And Ivory Coast by MamaletASO: 6:46pm On Feb 11
Trash!!!

Does it matters

Trash!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Toyin Ibitoye Wins Headgear Of The Day Award At 2018 FIFA World Cup Draw / Lucas Alves Presents Shirt To Cafu (Pictures) / Photos Of Some Man Utd Players Enjoying Vacations Across The Globe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.