Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,358 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

Why Nigerians Should Not Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Nigerians Should Not Be Allowed To Carry Guns (342 Views)

Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko / FRSC To Carry Guns – House Of Representatives / Let ‘Responsible Citizens’ Carry Guns – Ortom Begs FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nigerians Should Not Be Allowed To Carry Guns by abdeefggh: 4:23pm On Feb 11
Atleast 117 people die daily in USA as a result of gun violence.
There is no doubt that ours will be worse if gun is legalized, its suicide! We cannot afford it.

Re: Why Nigerians Should Not Be Allowed To Carry Guns by nnaetobi(m): 4:43pm On Feb 11
Summarise the death caused by herdsmen per day in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Should Not Be Allowed To Carry Guns by inoki247: 4:46pm On Feb 11
nnaetobi:
Summarise the death caused by herdsmen per day in Nigeria.

Lol he no fit reach this buh regardless we should be allowed to carry Gun or all this long journey Bus Driver.....
Re: Why Nigerians Should Not Be Allowed To Carry Guns by zeuss: 4:57pm On Feb 11
Only a Fulani would resist legalizing arms for Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Should Not Be Allowed To Carry Guns by AbuAeesha: 5:16pm On Feb 11
Nigerians should be allowed to carry licensed gun.
The force can't protect the masses rn.
Re: Why Nigerians Should Not Be Allowed To Carry Guns by Felabrity: 5:30pm On Feb 11
Nigeria go empty in 2 days

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Should Not Be Allowed To Carry Guns by Minsk24: 5:42pm On Feb 11
I have mixed feelings on the idea of legalizing fire arms, especially with this bad economy...what kind of guns will be legalized? Pistols? Automatic weapons?
Will people be allowed to carry firearms in public places?
Personally i feel firearms should only be restricted to homes and it should only be pistol...there should be age restriction or maybe only married people should have access...
I firearms is legalized without proper legislation, there would be a spiral in crime rates
Re: Why Nigerians Should Not Be Allowed To Carry Guns by illicit(m): 6:00pm On Feb 11
It doesn't have to be negative in Nigeria
Re: Why Nigerians Should Not Be Allowed To Carry Guns by christistruth01: 6:05pm On Feb 11
illicit:
It doesn't have to be negative in Nigeria

If Nigerians carry Guns the Cults in the Cities with be the first to turn on each other

After them will come the Landlords Vs Tennant's Wars

After that the Jilted wives vs Side chicks
Many Slay queens would bite the dust
Re: Why Nigerians Should Not Be Allowed To Carry Guns by illicit(m): 6:07pm On Feb 11
christistruth01:

If Nigerians carry Guns the Cults in the Cities with be the first to turn on each other

After them will come the Landlords Vs Tennant's Wars

After that the Jilted wives vs Sidechicks

Licensed guns

This means the owner can be traced

The ones available now can't be traced
Re: Why Nigerians Should Not Be Allowed To Carry Guns by christistruth01: 6:08pm On Feb 11
illicit:

Licensed guns

This means the owner can be traced

The ones available now can't be traced

Remember Nigeria is still dealing with Corruption
Authorities could be paid to look the other way
Re: Why Nigerians Should Not Be Allowed To Carry Guns by illicit(m): 6:11pm On Feb 11
christistruth01:

Remember Nigeria is still dealing with Corruption
Authorities could be paid to look the other way

Everything has advantages and disadvantages

I will personally like to have a gun, not because I want to rob or kill

Just because I want to protect myself

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Should Not Be Allowed To Carry Guns by SoNature(m): 7:08am On Feb 12
zeuss:
Only a Fulani would resist legalizing arms for Nigerians.

No, everyone should not be allowed to bear arms. Imagine that with the economic prosperity America has achieved, they still have gun control issues. Shooters come to mall and schools, open fire, killing everyone on sight.

With the economic hardship we are going through in Nigeria, citizens will be too afraid to attack politicians so they will take out their frustrations on fellow citizens, killing people just to steal things as basic as foodstuff and other commodities.
Re: Why Nigerians Should Not Be Allowed To Carry Guns by zeuss: 7:16am On Feb 12
SoNature:

No, everyone should not be allowed to bear arms. Imagine that with the economic prosperity America has achieved, they still have gun control issues. Shooters come to mall and schools, open fire, killing everyone on sight.

With the economic hardship we are going through in Nigeria, citizens will be too afraid to attack politicians so they will take out their frustrations on fellow citizens, killing people just to steal things as basic as foodstuff and other commodities.
More people will surely die by the hands of well armed Fulani bandies, land grabbers,herdsmen kidnappers and robbers. Staying helpless helps only the wicked.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Should Not Be Allowed To Carry Guns by SoNature(m): 7:30am On Feb 12
zeuss:

More people will surely die by the hands of well armed Fulani bandies, land grabbers,herdsmen kidnappers and robbers. Staying helpless helps only the wicked.

What we need is vigilante groups established in local communities to work with the police and help protect those communities. Apart from securing local communities, they should also comb forests in their localities, arresting Fulani herdsmen found grazing in the forests.

I don't understand why it is taking Tinubu so long to order security operatives to arrest and prosecute herdsmen seen moving about forests. Those criminal elements are creating contributing to food scarcity.

These days, kidnappers take their captives to forests as well. All these forests are located in people's villages and hometowns. This is the first step every serious government should take to save the country.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Should Not Be Allowed To Carry Guns by abdeefggh: 8:00am On Feb 12
SoNature:

What we need is vigilante groups established in local communities to work with the police and help protect those communities. Apart from securing local communities, they should also comb forests in their localities, arresting Fulani herdsmen found grazing in the forests.

I don't understand why it is taking Tinubu so long to order security operatives to arrest and prosecute herdsmen seen moving about forests. Those criminal elements are creating contributing to food scarcity.

These days, kidnappers take their captives to forests as well. All these forests are located in people's villages and hometowns. This is the first step every serious government should take to save the country.

This will definitely solve many problems. One of the major causes of food insecurity are fulanis disrupting farm activities

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Introducing The First Lady Of Kogi State: Champion of Empowerment, and Advocate / Violent Protest In Suleja Over Hardship / Budget Padding: “I Received N1bn Allocation For Projects” – Ned Nwoko

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.