Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,693 members, 7,831,145 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:27 PM

AFCON 2023: Peter Obi Remembers Herbert Wigwe, Opts Out Of Super Eagles' Game - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AFCON 2023: Peter Obi Remembers Herbert Wigwe, Opts Out Of Super Eagles' Game (193 Views)

Nigeria Vs Sao Tomé And Príncipe: AFCON 2023 Qualifier (10- 0) On 13th June 2021 / Iheanacho, Awaziem, Omeruo Organised Sex Party On Eve The Super Eagles Game / Paul Pogba Opts For Ramadan Trip To Mecca Rather Than Holidaying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

AFCON 2023: Peter Obi Remembers Herbert Wigwe, Opts Out Of Super Eagles' Game by biographyinsigh: 4:43pm On Feb 11
"Peter Obi, the LP presidential candidate for 2023, has announced that he will not attend the AFCON finals between the Super Eagles and Cote d’Ivoire.

Obi said he was too distraught by the death of Herbert Wigwe, the CEO of Access Bank Holdings, to go to the stadium and watch the final AFCON.

Wigwe had perished in a helicopter crash in the US and his death was confirmed on Saturday.

Obi said he was affected by the incident because the deceased was his friend.

On X, Obi wrote: “My dear Super Eagles,

“As you take the field for the historic AFCON finals today, I want to convey my utmost support and solidarity to you along with our countless fellow citizens.

I regret to inform you that I will not be there in person to cheer you on.

“The shocking news of the death of my close friend, and one of our nation’s remarkable entrepreneurs, Herbert Wigwe, the head of Access Holdings, and his wife and son, and another friend, the former chief of Nigeria Exchange Group PLC, Abimbola Ogunbanjo’s demise has left me deeply pained and troubled.

“Due to this calamity, I’ve made a hard choice to call off my plans to be physically at the match site as a tribute to these great individuals who made huge impacts to the progress of our country especially in education and youth employment through jobs.”

https://biographyinsight.com.ng/afcon-2023/
Re: AFCON 2023: Peter Obi Remembers Herbert Wigwe, Opts Out Of Super Eagles' Game by Obiedun(m): 4:53pm On Feb 11
Waka Waka . Attention seeker
Re: AFCON 2023: Peter Obi Remembers Herbert Wigwe, Opts Out Of Super Eagles' Game by mariahAngel(f): 4:58pm On Feb 11
Honourable man.
Those who honour others will themselves be honoured.

1 Like

Re: AFCON 2023: Peter Obi Remembers Herbert Wigwe, Opts Out Of Super Eagles' Game by osmosis101(m): 5:15pm On Feb 11
Send dem money
Re: AFCON 2023: Peter Obi Remembers Herbert Wigwe, Opts Out Of Super Eagles' Game by Nukilia: 1:36am On Feb 12
The good people are mourning the collapse of the Nigerian economy...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Falconets Defeat Morocco U20 Two Goals To Nil - 13th All African Games / Remo Stars Vs Bendel Insurance preview / My Draws Combination Bet Win

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.