Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,397 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

Naira And Cedis, Which Is Stronger? People say naira is better (Video) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira And Cedis, Which Is Stronger? People say naira is better (Video) (666 Views)

This Is Better Than Naira And Cedis Crypto Arbitrage (try It) / Why The Naira Is Now Gaining Against The Dollar / Naira And Cedis Which One Is More Valuable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naira And Cedis, Which Is Stronger? People say naira is better (Video) by Biodun556(m): 8:08pm On Feb 11

Re: Naira And Cedis, Which Is Stronger? People say naira is better (Video) by Biodun556(m): 8:08pm On Feb 11
N
Re: Naira And Cedis, Which Is Stronger? People say naira is better (Video) by Naijanascam: 8:15pm On Feb 11
I doubt if our Almighty Naira is stronger than any currency in the world right now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira And Cedis, Which Is Stronger? People say naira is better (Video) by RepoMan007: 8:27pm On Feb 11
No currency is stronger than any other currency in the world. The are all relative to themselves across time.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Naira And Cedis, Which Is Stronger? People say naira is better (Video) by thesicilian: 8:29pm On Feb 11
RepoMan007:
No currency is stronger than any other currency in the world. The are all relative to themselves across time.
Lol.
That easily competes with other great lies such as
- size doesn't matter
- beauty is of the heart
- you can be anything you want to be

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Naira And Cedis, Which Is Stronger? People say naira is better (Video) by RepoMan007: 8:36pm On Feb 11
thesicilian:

Lol.
That easily competes with other great lies such as
- size doesn't matter
- beauty is of the heart
- you can be anything you want to be
you are ignorant. One dollar today isn't equal to one dollar 10 years ago. Same for every other currency. The strongest currency in the world isn't the strongest economy's. That is enough for your ignorance.

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Naira And Cedis, Which Is Stronger? People say naira is better (Video) by thesicilian: 8:42pm On Feb 11
RepoMan007:
you are ignorant. One dollar today isn't equal to one dollar 10 years ago. Same for every other currency. The strongest currency in the world isn't the strongest economy's. That is enough for your ignorance.
The question is, which IS stronger of 2 currencies? Not which was stronger. Not which will be stronger in future. Not which economy is stronger.
You seem to be suffering from a deadly mix of ignorance and arrogance. And if my diagnosis is correct, then I won't expect you to understand anything I've said and would probably go on repeating the same jibber jabber

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Naira And Cedis, Which Is Stronger? People say naira is better (Video) by RepoMan007: 9:03pm On Feb 11
thesicilian:

The question is, which IS stronger of 2 currencies? Not which was stronger. Not which will be stronger in future. Not which economy is stronger.
You seem to be suffering from a deadly mix of ignorance and arrogance. And if my diagnosis is correct, then I won't expect you to understand anything I've said and would probably go on repeating the same jibber jabber
No currency was created to be stronger. They were created to ease exchange. That is number one.

If currency strength is quaged by exchange rate, all currency can be manipulated by rebasing(revaluation) and thus less volume. That makes comparison utterly useless.

I leave you to wallow I'm your ignorance.

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Naira And Cedis, Which Is Stronger? People say naira is better (Video) by Cassandraloius: 9:59pm On Feb 11
This is not really necessary rn, let's go back and watch the football. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Naira And Cedis, Which Is Stronger? People say naira is better (Video) by thesicilian: 10:27pm On Feb 11
RepoMan007:

No currency was created to be stronger. They were created to ease exchange. That is number one.

If currency strength is quaged by exchange rate, all currency can be manipulated by debasing and less volume. That makes comparison utterly useless.

I leave you to wallow I'm your ignorance.
I am amazed at your confidence in vomiting absolute balderdash. If you don't know something simply learn and move on, you won't be penalized for saying I didn't know that, neither will you win an award for winning an argument irrespective of the amount of falsities you spew out of your pie hole.

Below is a 2023 article from Forbes.com, one of the world's leading websites on financial news and info. If you like read and expand your knowledge base, if you like continue to live inside your own matchbox of a mind

https://www.forbes.com/advisor/au/investing/currencies/top-10-strongest-currencies-in-the-world/

What are the Top 10 Strongest Currencies?
We’ve analysed the strongest currencies, based on the number of units of foreign currency received in exchange for one US dollar. The exchange rates are sourced from our currency converter, based on data from Open Exchange as at the time of writing.

Let’s take a look at the strongest currencies in the world—the results may surprise you.

Related: Weakest Currencies in the World

1. Kuwaiti dinar (KWD)
The Kuwaiti dinar is the strongest currency in the world with 1 Kuwaiti dinar buying 3.26 US dollars (or, put another way, US$1 equals 0.31 Kuwaiti dinars).

Kuwait is located between Saudi Arabia and Iraq, earning much of its wealth from being a leading global exporter of oil. The Kuwaiti dinar was introduced in the 1960s and was initially pegged to the British pound before being re-pegged to an undisclosed basket of currencies.

2. Bahraini dinar (BHD)
The Bahraini dinar is the second strongest currency in the world with 1 Bahraini dinar buying 2.65 US dollars (or US$1 equals 0.38 Bahraini dinars).

Bahrain is an island nation in the Persian Gulf off the coast of Saudi Arabia. Like Kuwait, the country earns much of its wealth from oil and gas exports. The Bahraini dinar entered circulation in 1965 and is pegged to the US dollar.

3. Omani rial (OMR)
The Omani rial is the third strongest currency in the world with 1 Omani rial buying 2.60 US dollars (or US$1 equals 0.38 Omani rial).

Oman sits between the United Arab Emirates and Yemen at the tip of the Arabian peninsula. As with its other wealthy neighbours, Oman is a major exporter of oil and gas. The Omani rial was introduced in the 1970s and is pegged to the US dollar.

4. Jordanian dinar (JOD)
The Jordanian dinar is the fourth strongest currency in the world with 1 Jordanian dinar buying 1.41 US dollars (or US$1 equals 0.71 Jordanian dinar).

Jordan is largely land-locked country in the Middle East. Jordan is less dependent on oil and gas exports than its neighbours and has struggled with sluggish economic growth and rising debt. The Jordanian dinar entered circulation in 1950 and is pegged to the US dollar.

5. British pound (GBP)
The British pound is the fifth strongest currency in the world with 1 British pound buying 1.28 US dollars (or US$1 equals 0.78 British pounds).

Britain is the sixth largest country by Gross Domestic Product (GDP), according to the World Bank. The pound was first introduced in the 1400s before being decimalised in 1971. It is free-floating and thus not pegged to other currencies.

5. (Tie) Gibraltar pound (GIP)
The Gibraltar pound is the joint fifth strongest currency in the world with 1 Gibraltar pound buying 1.28 US dollars (or US$1 equals 0.78 Gibraltar pounds).

Gibraltar is located at the southern tip of Spain and is officially a British territory. The Gibraltar pound was first introduced in the 1920s and is pegged to the British pound (at par, meaning that one GIP equals one GBP).

6. Cayman Islands dollar (KYD)
The Cayman Islands dollar is the sixth-strongest currency in the world with 1 Cayman Islands dollar buying 1.20 US dollars (or US$1 equals 0.83 Cayman Islands dollars).

The Cayman Islands is a British territory in the Caribbean and is an offshore financial centre. The Cayman Islands dollar was first introduced in the 1970s and is pegged to the US dollar.

7. Swiss franc (CHF)
The Swiss franc is the seventh strongest currency in the world with 1 Swiss franc buying 1.15 US dollars (or US$1 equals 0.87 Swiss francs).

The Swiss franc is the official legal tender of Switzerland and Liechtenstein and is seen as a safe haven due to Switzerland’s political stability. The Swiss franc was introduced in 1850 and was later briefly pegged to the Euro before moving to a free-float.

8. Euro (EUR)
The Euro is the eighth strongest currency in the world with 1 Euro buying 1.10 US dollars (or US$1 equals 0.91 euros).

The Euro is the official currency of the Eurozone, being 20 out of the 27 countries that form part of the European Union. The physical currency entered circulation in 2002 and is free-floating.

Related: Euro to AUD forecast

10. US dollar (USD)
The US dollar is the 10th strongest currency in the world, worth exactly 1 against itself. All other units of currency across the globe are worth less than a US dollar.

Created in the 1700s, the US dollar is legal tender in the USA, other US territories and sovereign nations including Ecuador and Zimbabwe.

The US is the world’s largest economy by GDP and the US dollar is by far the most-traded currency globally.

The US dollar is also the largest reserve currency in the world (the currency most held by central banks) and is the currency used to price many commodities, including oil, gold and copper.
Re: Naira And Cedis, Which Is Stronger? People say naira is better (Video) by emperor4love(m): 10:48pm On Feb 11
thesicilian:

no de reply guy that's how de fail exactly trying to proof a point to the lecturer, yes or no, he de speak grammar,ask am if he wud lik to b paid in naira if it happens to be he reside nd work there,u will see his reaction

2 Likes

Re: Naira And Cedis, Which Is Stronger? People say naira is better (Video) by RepoMan007: 1:07am On Feb 12
thesicilian:

I am amazed at your confidence in vomiting absolute balderdash. If you don't know something simply learn and move on, you won't be penalized for saying I didn't know that, neither will you win an award for winning an argument irrespective of the amount of falsities you spew out of your pie hole.

Below is a 2023 article from Forbes.com, one of the world's leading websites on financial news and info. If you like read and expand your knowledge base, if you like continue to live inside your own matchbox of a mind

so if Nigeria readjust currency by redenomination and one naira suddenly goes for $10, you will open your gutter to say because one ogogoro Forbes editor said so, "Naira is stronger than dollar"? Even if dollar is always appreciating relative to Naira?
Guy you are the type IMF and WB uses to perpetrate wicked policies in our midst.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Naira And Cedis, Which Is Stronger? People say naira is better (Video) by skj1377(m): 1:30am On Feb 12
Cedi
Re: Naira And Cedis, Which Is Stronger? People say naira is better (Video) by RepoMan007: 1:43am On Feb 12
thesicilian:

Below is a 2023 article from Forbes.com, one of the world's leading websites on financial news and info. If you like read and expand your knowledge base, if you like continue to live inside your own matchbox of a mind.
To support my point, your ogogoro Forbes list failed to account for removal of three zeros from the Kuwaiti Dinar in 2007.

How can a currency that was artificially or cosmetically strengthened by a factor of 1000 suddenly be strong in real terms?

You are so dull and allow Forbes to brainwash you.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Naira And Cedis, Which Is Stronger? People say naira is better (Video) by RepoMan007: 1:57am On Feb 12
emperor4love:
no de reply guy that's how de fail exactly trying to proof a point to the lecturer, yes or no, he de speak grammar,ask am if he wud lik to b paid in naira if it happens to be he reside nd work there,u will see his reaction
The list the foolish post provided from forbes claims Kuwaiti Dinar is stronger than dollar but a little research will reveal the dinar was revalued in 2007 by a factor of 1000(three zeroes removed) to make it worlds most valuable currency and not strongest.

So if as it stands today, Nigeria decides to remove four zeros or divide by ten thousand the Naira to give rise to a stronger looking naira, that goes for 15 kobo or N0.15 to a dollar, you will say Naira is stronger than dollar in real terms?

I leave you to wallow in your ignorance bro.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira And Cedis, Which Is Stronger? People say naira is better (Video) by Biodun556(m): 2:02am On Feb 12
RepoMan007:

The list the foolish post provided from forbes claims Kuwaiti Dinar is stronger than dollar but a little research will reveal the dinar was devalued in 2007 by a factor of 1000(three zeroes removed).

So if as it stands today, Nigeria decides to remove four zeros or divide by ten thousand the Naira to give rise to a stronger looking naira, that goes for 15 kobo to a dollar, you will say Naira is stringer than dollar in real terms?

I leave you to wallow in it.

Removing zeros is a big scam. But that's what Nigerians like to see

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Naira And Cedis, Which Is Stronger? People say naira is better (Video) by RepoMan007: 2:10am On Feb 12
Biodun556:

Removing zeros is big scam. But that's what Nigerians like to see
That was the core mistake Biafra made when printing their currency. They assumed they could simple print as much of it and set the value with mouth. Who will want to buy a Biafra note that can't buy anything within Biafra and yet unaccepted elsewhere?
That's almost a paper being celebrated because the devil has used love of money to blind peoples eyes. They assume more money is always good.

That's why our Naira is suffering today. Govt prints so much of it and there are no exportable produce to back it up. Nobody from outside want it enough. Is it plain sachet ogogoro or nylon bags outsiders will come and buy?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira And Cedis, Which Is Stronger? People say naira is better (Video) by Biodun556(m): 9:55am On Feb 12
M
Re: Naira And Cedis, Which Is Stronger? People say naira is better (Video) by CodeTemplar: 10:00am On Feb 12
OP should have used the word "valuable" and not imply strength.

Cedi is more valuable but none is stronger according to repomann.
Re: Naira And Cedis, Which Is Stronger? People say naira is better (Video) by Paraman: 10:06am On Feb 12
RepoMan007:

The list the foolish post provided from forbes claims Kuwaiti Dinar is stronger than dollar but a little research will reveal the dinar was revalued in 2007 by a factor of 1000(three zeroes removed) to make it worlds most valuable currency and not strongest.

So if as it stands today, Nigeria decides to remove four zeros or divide by ten thousand the Naira to give rise to a stronger looking naira, that goes for 15 kobo or N0.15 to a dollar, you will say Naira is stronger than dollar in real terms?

I leave you to wallow in your ignorance bro.
This is the same way some people claim the cedis is more valuable than the naira. I doubt most of them know 2 or 3 zeros was removed from the cedis few years ago.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Naira Gain At Official Market, Close At ₦1072.74 To The Dollar / Going! Going ! Private Placement / Company Registration?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.