Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,385 members, 7,812,135 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:49 AM

Aircraft Model Used By Wigwe Crashed 5 Times In 2023 - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Aircraft Model Used By Wigwe Crashed 5 Times In 2023 (37904 Views)

Photos From Herbert Wigwe's Crash Site In The US / Herbert Wigwe Dies In Helicopter Crash In California / Traffic Management Solutions (TMS) Used By LASTMA To Catch Traffic Offenders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aircraft Model Used By Wigwe Crashed 5 Times In 2023 by allanphash7(m): 8:44am On Feb 12
Had it been this happened in Nigeria it would have been a story that it can't happen in a sane country

Seems a sane country is now an Insane country

1 Like

Re: Aircraft Model Used By Wigwe Crashed 5 Times In 2023 by ecolime(m): 8:45am On Feb 12
pocohantas:
Helicopters are generally unsafe.

Only people who are moved by its aesthetics do not know this. I rather trek from Agadez to Tripoli than enter one.
Same here cheesy
Re: Aircraft Model Used By Wigwe Crashed 5 Times In 2023 by bluefilm: 8:46am On Feb 12
Manny21:
That is why one should live life at his own terms. Don't wait till you have it all before enjoying the little you have. Eat anything that catches your fancy at anytime even if it means using your last card. Stop the competition. There can never be the right time. The right time is always now.

I pity you.

When you squander your last card, you will then come over to my side make we squander my own last card, abi?

Nonsense angry
Re: Aircraft Model Used By Wigwe Crashed 5 Times In 2023 by buharibanjo(m): 8:46am On Feb 12
Paying almost ₦4mill to die is crazy..
Re: Aircraft Model Used By Wigwe Crashed 5 Times In 2023 by GloriousGbola: 8:46am On Feb 12
Wigwe was clearly a DGAF guy and risk taker in life.
Re: Aircraft Model Used By Wigwe Crashed 5 Times In 2023 by twilliamx(m): 8:48am On Feb 12
Omihanifa:
The manufacturer should look into this undecided one crash too many
They should sue him
Re: Aircraft Model Used By Wigwe Crashed 5 Times In 2023 by brownbib(m): 8:51am On Feb 12
A pilot told me that, chopper is very difficult compared to aeroplane.

ValCon888:
Helicopters are the most difficult aircrafts to fly and the most dangerous.

Unlike planes that want to stay on the air, helicopters are constantly looking for a way to kill you.
Re: Aircraft Model Used By Wigwe Crashed 5 Times In 2023 by EdiskyHarry: 8:53am On Feb 12
USA aircrafts, helicopters and jets are always faulty, I can still remember Boeing 737 max, but they'll always cover it up trying to compete with airbus
Re: Aircraft Model Used By Wigwe Crashed 5 Times In 2023 by thesicilian: 8:55am On Feb 12
RichDad1:
Imagine this happening in Nigeria. The hypocritical Emergency lovers would have been everywhere shouting and screaming their lungs out about saner climes.
They're already up there blaming the aircraft itself
Re: Aircraft Model Used By Wigwe Crashed 5 Times In 2023 by Chinaza06: 8:55am On Feb 12
It's too much
Re: Aircraft Model Used By Wigwe Crashed 5 Times In 2023 by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:56am On Feb 12
Too many crashes qualify it as a flying coffin. Must it have 100 crashes before it becomes a discontinued operation.
The family should sue the manufacturer. sad

1 Like

Re: Aircraft Model Used By Wigwe Crashed 5 Times In 2023 by Blitzking: 8:58am On Feb 12
dre11:

https://fij.ng/article/revealed-aircraft-model-used-by-wigwe-crashed-5-times-in-2023/
Choppers and private jet...the billionaires slayer. A great loss to the family..but why was he with his wife and son... I can never try such we go on different planes..guess he hired the chopper cos of saving cost and time.
Re: Aircraft Model Used By Wigwe Crashed 5 Times In 2023 by Dollyak(f): 8:59am On Feb 12
Using a single powered helicopter engine during winter conditions comes with a huge risk.

1 Like

Re: Aircraft Model Used By Wigwe Crashed 5 Times In 2023 by being(m): 9:00am On Feb 12
The major issue was the helicopter blowing up in flames after the crash... if it had been explosion proof, the deaths may not have happened even after crash..
Also, the copter perhaps wasn't supposed to fly in the kind of weather described

1 Like

Re: Aircraft Model Used By Wigwe Crashed 5 Times In 2023 by tfelicityk(m): 9:01am On Feb 12
The pilot was not sincere - he should have announced the situation of the weather and conditions of the engine to the crews. If the crews insisted in flying the helicopter he should insist no.
Safety first...

1 Like

Re: Aircraft Model Used By Wigwe Crashed 5 Times In 2023 by israelmao(m): 9:01am On Feb 12
If Wigwe knew this I am sure he would've applied caution and wouldn't have gambled with his precious live and that of her wife's and son's.
Re: Aircraft Model Used By Wigwe Crashed 5 Times In 2023 by sukkot: 9:01am On Feb 12
Wow
Re: Aircraft Model Used By Wigwe Crashed 5 Times In 2023 by ottersberger(m): 9:02am On Feb 12
ValCon888:

Unlike planes that want to stay on the air, helicopters are constantly looking for a way to kill you.

Absolutely true.

1 Like

Re: Aircraft Model Used By Wigwe Crashed 5 Times In 2023 by dkidd: 9:02am On Feb 12
A man of such caliber should never be that careless. Ever since i was little i learned to apply certain self preservation principles from different places. And Mario Puzo's God Father Trilogy which when pondered on with a sound mind can guide u through certain real life's situations. This was something etched deep in my bone marrows

2 Likes

Re: Aircraft Model Used By Wigwe Crashed 5 Times In 2023 by frog12: 9:03am On Feb 12
Rubbish. They killed the man
Re: Aircraft Model Used By Wigwe Crashed 5 Times In 2023 by TA4TA4: 9:04am On Feb 12
Air crash has been rampant in the US of recent ...both military and civilian casualties

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX6TwwG0JzI
Re: Aircraft Model Used By Wigwe Crashed 5 Times In 2023 by We4all: 9:04am On Feb 12
The 'three others' don't have an identity or what? The man was stupendously rich with the bulk of his wealth coming from shady deals. Unfortunately, he didn't even live to see his 60th birthday.

All the wealth he amassed will be enjoyed by 'others'. I'm certain that if a very poor man had asked him for just 50K prior to his death, he would have turned him down.

I also think that individuals shouldn't be allowed to own banks solely. How can millions of people entrust their money into the hands of a 'few individuals'? Like seriously?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aircraft Model Used By Wigwe Crashed 5 Times In 2023 by Astra101: 9:04am On Feb 12
Watianoengineer:
The US president flies the black hawk helicopter and never has any accidents been recorded. Seems there are special helicopters built for people in power

It's called Marine one and airforce one for a reason tongue
Re: Aircraft Model Used By Wigwe Crashed 5 Times In 2023 by AncientAlien(m): 9:06am On Feb 12
ValCon888:

But they are more mobile. You can park it in your inlaw's compound for bragging right grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Aircraft Model Used By Wigwe Crashed 5 Times In 2023 by Astra101: 9:08am On Feb 12
EdiskyHarry:
USA aircrafts, helicopters and jets are always faulty, I can still remember Boeing 737 max, but they'll always cover it up trying to compete with airbus

This particular chopper is made by Airbus...
Re: Aircraft Model Used By Wigwe Crashed 5 Times In 2023 by 2pak(m): 9:10am On Feb 12
When you are poor and wretched: poverty will cause your death.
When you are Rich and wealthy ,your wealth will still cause your death
Death is a sure bet for human beings
Re: Aircraft Model Used By Wigwe Crashed 5 Times In 2023 by Zagee: 9:11am On Feb 12
buharibanjo:
Paying almost ₦4mill to die is crazy..

Seems like you did not see the ones who paid about 250k usd to sink to the bottom of the ocean in a "mini-sub".
Re: Aircraft Model Used By Wigwe Crashed 5 Times In 2023 by Christlike01: 9:12am On Feb 12
The Aircraft has a terrible history of air mishaps.

Re: Aircraft Model Used By Wigwe Crashed 5 Times In 2023 by themanderon: 9:13am On Feb 12
2023Blessed:
Due diligence. I was just about saying this.
I mean I know not everyone would but I definitely check the history of aircraft models I will be travelling with.

Hahaha. Check from now till eternity what will be will be. There are aircrafts that have been made newly that still crashed. There are some that have been in operation for decades yet they are still functioning. Even the said copter that killed him has been in service for some time and people have been getting on and off the craft.
Life is full of uncertainties. What about someone that was full of life just a few minutes ago but suddenly dropped dead the next minute? I have seen someone who went for a routine medical checkup and after seeing the doctor she came out and was waiting for her driver, but while waiting she suddenly collapsed and that was it for her as she died right there in the hospital.
Life is a mystery.

1 Like

Re: Aircraft Model Used By Wigwe Crashed 5 Times In 2023 by buJu234: 9:14am On Feb 12
If u have gone offshore b4..

u will know that when u re inside helicopter you always saying your last prayers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Accident In Abuja,SUV Catches Fire Due To Fuel Leakage At Police Checkpoint(pics / COVID-19: The Story Of Nigerians Under Lockdown In Foreign Countries / Poor State Of Roads In Aba, Abia State (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.