Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,966 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

LP Treasurer Oparah Asks Abure To Account For N3.5bn - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LP Treasurer Oparah Asks Abure To Account For N3.5bn (11778 Views)

NLC Sacks Abure, To Audit LP Accounts / Labour Party Set Up Disciplinary Committee To Try National Treasurer, Oparah / "Tell Your Paymasters You’re Too Old For The Assignment" - Abure To Apapa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

LP Treasurer Oparah Asks Abure To Account For N3.5bn by Ibrahimcoomasie: 3:56pm On Feb 12
A fresh crisis is brewing in the Labour Party, LP, as the party’s National Treasurer, Mrs Oluchi Oparah, on Monday demanded that the National Chairman, Julius Abure render an account of party funds over N3.5bn being proceeds of sale of forms and sundry fundraisers for the 2023 general elections.

Oparah made the demand on Monday at a press conference in Abuja.

The treasurer alleged that Abure prevented her from exercising her constitutionally assigned role of handling the party’s accounts.

Oparah equally claimed that the chairman has shunned all entreaties to open the party’s books for scrutiny after the sale of expression of interest and nomination forms closed before the 2023 general elections.

Oparah said: “Good morning, ladies and gentlemen of the press. I stand before you today with a heavy heart and a sense of duty to the principles of transparency, accountability, and justice. With great reluctance and deep concern, I am compelled to publicly address the media regarding the egregious financial mismanagement and corruption that have plagued our beloved party under the leadership of Mr Julius Abure, the current National Chairman.

As National Treasurer, I am constrained to come before you and the public today because the internal mechanisms of our party have failed woefully to bring Mr Abure to account for his brazen abuse of office and misappropriation of party funds.

“His appetite for power has grown unchecked, and he has deliberately undermined my duties and authority as stipulated in the party’s constitution.”

https://dailypost.ng/2024/02/12/fresh-crisis-hits-labour-party-as-treasurer-demands-account-of-n3-5bn-from-abure/

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LP Treasurer Oparah Asks Abure To Account For N3.5bn by successmatters(m): 3:57pm On Feb 12
This is democracy in action. Labour party is very accountable and I praise the Secretary for insisting that the party does what Peter Obi is known to stand for, accounting for everything.

In the other parties, absolutely nothing to account for, the whole campaign is shrouded in mystery, and embezzlement. How can they account for those that are bribed, the crooks they hired, the thief's and snatchers and robbers and drug dealers.

Labour Party is the only party that can save Nigeria.

51 Likes 17 Shares

Re: LP Treasurer Oparah Asks Abure To Account For N3.5bn by christistruth01: 4:00pm On Feb 12
cool

9 Likes

Re: LP Treasurer Oparah Asks Abure To Account For N3.5bn by chopnaira: 4:00pm On Feb 12
successmatters:
This is democracy in action. Labour party is very accountable and I praise the Secretary for insisting that the party does what Peter Obi is known to stand for, accounting for everything.
Damage control 🤣

LP=PDP= APC= NNPP, no difference.

168 Likes 19 Shares

Re: LP Treasurer Oparah Asks Abure To Account For N3.5bn by Paraman: 4:17pm On Feb 12
Since Abure is not Tinubu or Ganduje, some people wont mind. She should report the issue to the EFCC if she does not get a response from Abure.

75 Likes 8 Shares

Re: LP Treasurer Oparah Asks Abure To Account For N3.5bn by Goodnewsforlife: 4:23pm On Feb 12
successmatters:

In the other parties, absolutely nothing to account for, the whole campaign is shrouded in mystery, and embezzlement. How can they account for those that are bribed, the crooks they hired, the thief's and snatchers and robbers and drug dealers.

when will Peter obi n Aisha yusuf give account of election spendings as promised?

Igbo man calling another person a drug baron, if we talk now mods go ban us

143 Likes 14 Shares

Re: LP Treasurer Oparah Asks Abure To Account For N3.5bn by BigBlackPreek(m): 4:32pm On Feb 12
Corruption in every nook and cranny in this contree

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: LP Treasurer Oparah Asks Abure To Account For N3.5bn by greenermodels: 4:37pm On Feb 12
They should sort it out within themselves except somebody have been bought to cause public damage to the party now that APC is collecting wotowoto from Nigerians.

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: LP Treasurer Oparah Asks Abure To Account For N3.5bn by MadmanObi(m): 4:37pm On Feb 12
Every sensible Nigerian know labour Party to be corrupt as PDP and APC,but some people want to turn their son to over night angel.

114 Likes 5 Shares

Re: LP Treasurer Oparah Asks Abure To Account For N3.5bn by yarimo(m): 4:39pm On Feb 12
Obi and abure are in to labour party just to steal money

72 Likes 5 Shares

Re: LP Treasurer Oparah Asks Abure To Account For N3.5bn by Melagros(m): 4:51pm On Feb 12
COMRADES why nah? Please labour party don't disappoint me

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LP Treasurer Oparah Asks Abure To Account For N3.5bn by commoditiesnig: 4:59pm On Feb 12
chopnaira:

Damage control 🤣

LP=PDP= APC= NNPP, no difference.
Lol..

7 Likes

Re: LP Treasurer Oparah Asks Abure To Account For N3.5bn by magoo10(m): 5:00pm On Feb 12
Transparency and accountability is all we want devoid of unnecessary politics and media frenzy.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: LP Treasurer Oparah Asks Abure To Account For N3.5bn by Majesty2(m): 5:06pm On Feb 12
i thought those in the party are saints, dem no dey steal, they are all angels, abi no be how their cursed supporters wey dey this forum they talk.so what happen now?

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: LP Treasurer Oparah Asks Abure To Account For N3.5bn by Aphrygian(m): 5:15pm On Feb 12
Dey play
Melagros:
COMRADES why nah? Please labour party don't disappoint me

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: LP Treasurer Oparah Asks Abure To Account For N3.5bn by Jogs1900: 5:17pm On Feb 12
Otilo..

LP members are not different from PDP or APC members... They are all there for their gains. Imagine close to 12 months after the general election, the one that calls herself Aisha Yesufu is yet to account for campaign funds that Nigerians contributed after boasting initially that she will do so.
Transparency and accountability is zero for these politicians.

59 Likes 5 Shares

Re: LP Treasurer Oparah Asks Abure To Account For N3.5bn by Peacemaker5128: 5:44pm On Feb 12
who does not know that Peter Pandora Obituary is a Thief ?

41 Likes 6 Shares

Re: LP Treasurer Oparah Asks Abure To Account For N3.5bn by KarlWhyte(m): 5:45pm On Feb 12
Observe how quickly they will come to his defense now, overlooking the fact that the typical Nigerian politician is corrupt. It's evident that these individuals are essentially alike.

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: LP Treasurer Oparah Asks Abure To Account For N3.5bn by LibertyRep: 5:45pm On Feb 12
An account of the spending of the campaign fund should have been rendered by now. It's almost a year after the elections.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: LP Treasurer Oparah Asks Abure To Account For N3.5bn by flokii: 5:45pm On Feb 12
They wanted Lagos so bad so they can funnel the State resources and revenue into private pockets.
Expect more controversies from the special purpose vehicle used in swindling gullible Nigerians in the last general election.. Imagine #1k donation from say 10 million people (out of 230 million), do the maths and see better cashout.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: LP Treasurer Oparah Asks Abure To Account For N3.5bn by Nayturalistic: 5:47pm On Feb 12
Peter Gringory OBI left the conference room.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: LP Treasurer Oparah Asks Abure To Account For N3.5bn by christejames(m): 5:48pm On Feb 12
Accountability is something alien to APC shocked

1 Like

Re: LP Treasurer Oparah Asks Abure To Account For N3.5bn by KORLAR(m): 5:48pm On Feb 12
Ibrahimcoomasie:

https://dailypost.ng/2024/02/12/fresh-crisis-hits-labour-party-as-treasurer-demands-account-of-n3-5bn-from-abure/

I thought LP was the party of saints.

Una never see anything.

Obi would be exposed fully before the next elections.

Mark my words.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LP Treasurer Oparah Asks Abure To Account For N3.5bn by aieromon(m): 5:48pm On Feb 12

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LP Treasurer Oparah Asks Abure To Account For N3.5bn by Praktikals(m): 5:49pm On Feb 12
Peacemaker5128:
who does not know that Peter Pandora Obituary is a Thief ?
Mazi Nnamdi Kanu warned us that Peter Obi is a thief

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: LP Treasurer Oparah Asks Abure To Account For N3.5bn by focus7: 5:49pm On Feb 12
successmatters:

Peter Obi is yet to account for campaign fund. Tell him to do that before we take you seriously.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: LP Treasurer Oparah Asks Abure To Account For N3.5bn by WorldRichest: 5:49pm On Feb 12
Okay nah.

Peter Agulu Giringori will return to APGA when we finish with his Labourers Party

20 Likes

Re: LP Treasurer Oparah Asks Abure To Account For N3.5bn by Anguldi(m): 5:49pm On Feb 12
All because Peter Obi tongue

1 Like

Re: LP Treasurer Oparah Asks Abure To Account For N3.5bn by sofeo(m): 5:49pm On Feb 12
Alright
Re: LP Treasurer Oparah Asks Abure To Account For N3.5bn by Emmabyte: 5:49pm On Feb 12
There is too much money in Nigeria politics

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fuel Subsidy Removal Protest Going On In Lagos? / PMB Felicitates With Cameroon’s President Biya On Inauguration For Another Term / Peter Obi: I’m Preoccupied With Thoughts Of A Better Nigeria, Not 2023 Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.