Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,614 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

Naira Crashes To N1,534 Against US Dollar At Foreign Market - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Crashes To N1,534 Against US Dollar At Foreign Market (717 Views)

Naira Depreciates By ₦‎81/$ At Foreign Exchange Market / Naira Crashes To ₦1,210 To US Dollar / Naira Crashes To Record Low At Official Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naira Crashes To N1,534 Against US Dollar At Foreign Market by iwaeda: 11:19pm On Feb 12
The Naira depreciated to a record low of N1,534.39 against the US dollar at the foreign exchange market on Monday.

Data from FMDQ showed that the Naira dropped to N1,534.39 per US dollar on Monday from N1,469.97 on Friday.

This represents a 4.2 per cent or N64.42 depreciation compared to N1,469.97 recorded at the close of trading on Tuesday.

With the development, the Naira is back to the exchange rate it traded on Monday, January 29, when the Central Bank of Nigeria introduced ‘Financial Markets Price Transparency and Market Notice of a Revision to the FMDQ FX Market Rate Pricing Methodology’ and other reforms.

Similarly, at the Parallel Market, Naira increased to N1,495 per Dollar on Monday from N1,490 on Friday.

Meanwhile, the Central of Nigeria governor, Olayemi Cardoso, assured exchange rate stability when he spoke at an interface with the Senate Joint Committee on Banking, Insurance and Financial Institutions in Abuja on Friday.

https://dailypost.ng/2024/02/12/naira-crashes-to-n1534-against-us-dollar-at-foreign-market/
Re: Naira Crashes To N1,534 Against US Dollar At Foreign Market by Penguin2: 11:24pm On Feb 12
Quite unfortunate that the tamer of the Atlantic can’t tame the Naira from discovering crude🤓.

Awalokan 🤡

We shall continue to stand on Tinubu’s scrotal sac while Peter Obi suffers.

Ndi ala!

6 Likes

Re: Naira Crashes To N1,534 Against US Dollar At Foreign Market by Dsimmer: 11:28pm On Feb 12
Nigeria is the largest African exporter out there and is far better than several African countries as a matter of fact.

Anyways, best for Nigeria is to ensure Nigeria key into the advantage of this by ensuring more production at home. Nigeria have got good soil and good climate for agriculture for example. Hence more Agricultural products through mechanized farming and agro industrialization. The State governors and senators have to key into it by investing more in the combination of mechanized farming and agro industries as a matter of fact.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Crashes To N1,534 Against US Dollar At Foreign Market by Jjj0: 11:30pm On Feb 12
As in ehnn
Re: Naira Crashes To N1,534 Against US Dollar At Foreign Market by killsmith(f): 11:39pm On Feb 12
The sadwest killed this country

4 Likes

Re: Naira Crashes To N1,534 Against US Dollar At Foreign Market by Debater(m): 12:10am On Feb 13
Don't worry, Naira won't just crash, it will blow
See what “We will never let Igbo man rule” or “Obi is inexperienced” has caused...
Naija, I weep for you cry

2 Likes

Re: Naira Crashes To N1,534 Against US Dollar At Foreign Market by LegendHero(m): 12:16am On Feb 13
Tinubu should continue to float it like that and be steadfast by not shifting ground yet.

After his 4 years, people will access him on the final result of his tenure. Even if he will use only 4 years, we have to understand the true value of the Naira and stop living fake life by defending the naira on scarce resources.

Shebi all these years, economic analysts keep showing defending the naira is bad and bla bla bla. Now that this is being done, I am surprised they are getting agitated already.

I salute his boldness of not backing down and I just hope eventually things start to take shape and get stable before the end of the year.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Crashes To N1,534 Against US Dollar At Foreign Market by abhosts(m): 12:28am On Feb 13
Many of Nigerians currently complaining about rising cost of living are mostly purchasing goods merchants bought when dollar was ₦1200. They have not seen anything yet.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Crashes To N1,534 Against US Dollar At Foreign Market by Tochi360: 12:36am On Feb 13
Tinubu is not interested in all this na grin
That man na olodo him no like stats at all,na 2027 election dey him mind grin grin

Tinubu come dey make bubu look intelligent grin grin

1 Like

Re: Naira Crashes To N1,534 Against US Dollar At Foreign Market by christistruth01: 12:39am On Feb 13
The FG should use Nigeria Gold to build up Gold Reserves to back up the Naira

There is enough Gold in Nigeria to make the Naira Strong

Mine it and Store it up
Re: Naira Crashes To N1,534 Against US Dollar At Foreign Market by year2013: 2:20am On Feb 13
iwaeda:
The Naira depreciated to a record low of N1,534.39 against the US dollar at the foreign exchange market on Monday.

Data from FMDQ showed that the Naira dropped to N1,534.39 per US dollar on Monday from N1,469.97 on Friday.

This represents a 4.2 per cent or N64.42 depreciation compared to N1,469.97 recorded at the close of trading on Tuesday.

With the development, the Naira is back to the exchange rate it traded on Monday, January 29, when the Central Bank of Nigeria introduced ‘Financial Markets Price Transparency and Market Notice of a Revision to the FMDQ FX Market Rate Pricing Methodology’ and other reforms.

Similarly, at the Parallel Market, Naira increased to N1,495 per Dollar on Monday from N1,490 on Friday.

Meanwhile, the Central of Nigeria governor, Olayemi Cardoso, assured exchange rate stability when he spoke at an interface with the Senate Joint Committee on Banking, Insurance and Financial Institutions in Abuja on Friday.

https://dailypost.ng/2024/02/12/naira-crashes-to-n1534-against-us-dollar-at-foreign-market/

Peter Obi will never be president people, have you seen where we found ourselves.

4 Likes

Re: Naira Crashes To N1,534 Against US Dollar At Foreign Market by aariwa(m): 2:54am On Feb 13
Tinubu is not in touch with the reality of the masses, more interested in the elites ie if Wike or fubara or Ganduje etc have issues tinubu will call them immediately before that evening. He promised palliatives last July to the masses when oni and awujale told him during his visit to do something about the hunger afflicting their people but he never fulfilled it till today. More than 500 people were killed in plateau on Christmas Day and hundreds of others till date across the nation by herdsmen and he has not responded to it, then compare it with his quick response when politicians have problems and you will know where his allegiance lies….unlike Tinubu Obi is a grassroots locally blended man, the reason he feels the pulse of Nigerians and knows what the people want. Imagine Mahmoud and tinubu had not falsified results Obi would have made a big difference in economy, security and agriculture felt by everyone not the present hopeless state created by this daft and clueless emilokan dunce

2 Likes

Re: Naira Crashes To N1,534 Against US Dollar At Foreign Market by EmiDon11: 3:13am On Feb 13
I am done with this kwatiry 🙆🙆🙆🙆🙆
Me wey never build house, now cement don go up to 9000 useless Naira.
Before I start my own foundation, e go don clock 20,000 per bag.
I wish I was born in early 70s😭😭😭😭😭
No stress, no BP,no breakfast , no expensive dress, just flare trouser with my bicycle, rocking old school hair, looking for good handmade of God to marry as a wife.
God abeg ooo
Make e be say this nigeria situation na parable ooo
This can't be real, it must be a prank 😭😭😭😭😭😭

3 Likes

Re: Naira Crashes To N1,534 Against US Dollar At Foreign Market by AfonjaEkiti: 3:38am On Feb 13
Yarimo the sniffer.

We still on baby steps?

1 Like

Re: Naira Crashes To N1,534 Against US Dollar At Foreign Market by Alaigbopress: 3:40am On Feb 13
If You earn in dollar, You are in money.
Re: Naira Crashes To N1,534 Against US Dollar At Foreign Market by iwaeda: 7:57am On Feb 13
Nlfpmod grin grin grin grin
Re: Naira Crashes To N1,534 Against US Dollar At Foreign Market by Mantul: 10:00am On Feb 13
Penguin2:
Quite unfortunate that the tamer of the Atlantic can’t tame the Naira from discovering crude🤓.

Awalokan 🤡

We shall continue to stand on Tinubu’s scrotal sac while Peter Obi suffers.

Ndi ala!
new target 3000 by may
Re: Naira Crashes To N1,534 Against US Dollar At Foreign Market by iwaeda: 12:06pm On Feb 13
Nlfpmod, N1500 above to one dollar. grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Clothing For Quick Sale / Dear Entrepreneur: Tips For Buying Insurance / Buy A Site To Promote Your Business Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.