Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,183 members, 7,811,463 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:09 PM

Samson, The Holy Spirit Killing Machine Season 2 - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Samson, The Holy Spirit Killing Machine Season 2 (421 Views)

Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine / Samson The Pidgin Comedy Chapter 1 / Arch Bishop Samson Mustapha Benjamin Protests Against 5G Network (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samson, The Holy Spirit Killing Machine Season 2 by Kobojunkie: 6:16pm On Feb 14
AntiChristian:
■ Are you saying Samson was obeying the Philistine laws instead of the law of God?
■ Boko Haram is local in Nigeria and not in Saudi. If Samson with the holy spirit has the right to kill people because they are the enemies of his God, then doesn't Boko Haram not have the same right to kill people who are the enemies of their God?
According to what I read, Samson was in the Land of Israel in Canaan. The Philistines exerted power over the Israelites but there is no indication given in the story that the invaders, the Philistines, usurped the Law in the land at the time - Judges 13 vs 1 - 5. undecided

Boko Haram is local in Nigeria so it becomes OK for Boko Haram to ignore the Law of Nigeria, right? I posed the Saudi Scenario to cause you to carefully process what you said earlier so you at last spot the ridiculousness of what you said for yourself. undecided
Re: Samson, The Holy Spirit Killing Machine Season 2 by AntiChristian: 11:26am On Feb 16
Kobojunkie:
According to what I read, Samson was in the Land of Israel in Canaan. The Philistines exerted power over the Israelites but there is no indication given in the story that the invaders, the Philistines, usurped the Law in the land at the time - Judges 13 vs 1 - 5. undecided
If they didn't usurp the law of the land then why was Samson fighting them? Why did the Biblical God delivered Israel into their hand if they weren't evil?

Boko Haram is local in Nigeria so it becomes OK for Boko Haram to ignore the Law of Nigeria, right? I posed the Saudi Scenario to cause you to carefully process what you said earlier so you at last spot the ridiculousness of what you said for yourself. undecided

We can say your Biblical God delivered you into the hands of Boko Haram because you did evil like the Israelites! Let them oppress you a bit!

Samson and Holy Spirit fought for your God killing people. Samson ended up committing suicide with his enemies!

Boko Haram too is fighting for their God killing people. Boko haram commit suicide bombing too!

No difference!
Re: Samson, The Holy Spirit Killing Machine Season 2 by Kobojunkie: 4:34pm On Feb 16
AntiChristian:
∆ If they didn't usurp the law of the land then why was Samson fighting them? Why did the Biblical God delivered Israel into their hand if they weren't evil?
∆ We can say your Biblical God delivered you into the hands of Boko Haram because you did evil like the Israelites! Let them oppress you a bit!
∆ Samson and Holy Spirit fought for your God killing people. Samson ended up committing suicide with his enemies!
∆ Boko Haram too is fighting for their God killing people. Boko haram commit suicide bombing too!
The Babylonians, when they took the Judeans into captivity, usurped the Law of the land and the Jews did not see fit to fight them at the time. My guess is that instead the Philistines set themselves up much like terrorist groups of today terrorising the people of Israel in their land at the time. undecided

2. Yes, and as it said in Judge 13, it was for a time and after that time the same God decided the punishment was enough and did away with the Philistinean invasion. undecided

3. Regardless of how you choose to see it, the law is the only way to declare his acts to have been against God or not. undecided

4. So the God of the book be harameans forgot to give them their own nation and constitution to booth, and instead has them terrorizing a nation complete with its own constitution from within its bothers? Your reasoning continues to prove that religion is indeed a very dangerous thing to every society and nation of men. lipsrsealed
Re: Samson, The Holy Spirit Killing Machine Season 2 by ISelectMySins: 12:13pm On Mar 03
AntiChristian:
In Judges 15:14-16

As he approached Lehi, the Philistines came toward him shouting. The Spirit of the Lord came powerfully upon him. The ropes on his arms became like charred flax, and the bindings dropped from his hands. Finding a fresh jawbone of a donkey, he grabbed it and struck down a thousand men.

Then Samson said,

“With a donkey’s jawbone
I have made donkeys of them.
With a donkey’s jawbone
I have killed a thousand men.”

Background
Samson's girlfriend was given to his companion as wife. So he was vexed. He burnt the grains of the Philistines because of this. The Philistines who happens to be the ruling class came to request that Samson be capture and delivered to them from his people. He then allow his people to catch him and deliver him to the Philistine. As he was being delivered, the holy spirit came upon him, he broke loose and killed a thousand of them! Then Samson composed the above poem!

Sirtee15, it can't get more confusing regarding this your Holy Spirit!

Why is it that Samson is always killing whenever the holy Spirit enters him?
Why does the Holy spirit keep entering him if he doesn't want him to kill?

I already answered your objections in the former thread. Samson had God's spirit right from birth and as God's vice general for his people on earth, he was on a mandate to liberate his people from the Philistines who were gruesomely oppressing them. Samson was not just a warrior, but he was also the liberator, the king so to speak. I don't know why you have problems with whom God chooses to kill.

What exactly is your grouse? That someone with God's spirit is empowered with brute strength that enables him to seek out and kill those who oppress his people?

(1) (2) (Reply)

High Court Remands Ex MFM Chorister Ayotunde Richards Over Libel Against Olukoya / The Power Of Saying / Pope Francis In Brasil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.