Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,555 members, 7,958,708 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 09:12 PM

Sss Stops Anti-subsidy Removal Protest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sss Stops Anti-subsidy Removal Protest (4523 Views)

No Going Back On Subsidy Removal - FG / Brains Behind 2012 Subsidy Removal Protest / Fuel Subsidy Removal Protest Going On In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sss Stops Anti-subsidy Removal Protest by jason123: 1:33am On Nov 10, 2011
EMMA UJAH, CALEB AYANSINA
ABUJA – The State Security Service, SSS, Wednesday, warned the National Youth Council of Nigeria, NYCN, against its plans to stage an anti-fuel subsidy removal rally in Abuja tomorrow insisting that the security situation could not permit such a gathering.

NYC had planned a National Rally and 24-hour hunger strike against the federal government’s planned removal of fuel subsidy, in Abuja.

It was reliably learnt that the SSS invited the President of the NYCN, Mr Olawale Ajani for “a chat” over the issue and he left the security agency’s premises at 3 .00 pm.

The SSS spokesperson, Mrs. Marilyn Ogar, told Vanguard that contrary to insinuations in some quarters, Mr. Ajani was never arrested

The council had, earlier, threatened to pass a vote of no confidence on the administration of President Goodluck Jonathan, if it fails to suspend the proposed fuel subsidy removal.

The Leadership of the council also declared November 11, as a day for All Nigerian Youth Hunger strike against the federal government, just as it lashed out at the Minister of Information, Labaran Maku for going back on his earlier struggle against oil subsidy removal under the Military regime.

The President of the Council, who earlier addressed a press conference in Abuja maintained that the council would mobilize five hundred thousand youths to prepare for the total blockade of the roads leading to the three (3) arms zone in Abuja, should lawmakers support what he called a ‘deadly proposal’.

He said, “On behalf of the over 70 million Nigerian youths, I wish to declare in equivocal terms that we will stand against the removal of fuel subsidy in all its ramifications. Also the NYCN will collaborate with NLC, TUC, ASUU, NBA, NUJ, NCWS, NAWOJ and NURTW to fight this evil.

“To avert all these actions, we demand immediate cancellation of the proposed removal of fuel subsidy and increased government commitment to boost local content capacity.

“Also, recovery of all stolen monies and cancellation of all criminally reached plea-bargains, public debate on the workability, in the future, of this demonic proposal and pro-active step to put in place modern refineries”.

Ajani further noted that the youths did not trust the federal government’s defence of using the money to be realized from fuel subsidy to develop infrastructures, owing to the persistent failure of the government to fulfil its past promises.
“We simply do not trust the government that decides the fate of the people without involving the young people just because they know we have superior and more valid reasons to support our position.

“The proposal is inconsiderate, wicked, unreasonable, insensitive and anti-people. It is ill timed and they simply want Nigerians to pay for their inadequacies and ineffectiveness. The explanation given depicts a government that lacks confidence in its own local content capacity.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/11/sss-stops-anti-subsidy-removal-protest/
Re: Sss Stops Anti-subsidy Removal Protest by jason123: 1:33am On Nov 10, 2011
Re: Sss Stops Anti-subsidy Removal Protest by Nobody: 1:35am On Nov 10, 2011
SSS = Nigerian gestapo angry
Re: Sss Stops Anti-subsidy Removal Protest by Nobody: 1:57am On Nov 10, 2011
The security situation really doesn't permit such. Boko Haram is still lurking and a gathering of many people massages their bombs,
Re: Sss Stops Anti-subsidy Removal Protest by Beaf: 2:04am On Nov 10, 2011
I would have liked to hear proper and cogent arguments from Mr Ajani. All he has done is wax emotional which really doesn't make any sense.
I would also like to hear the full details of the govts plans first and be able to balance them against other arguments before taking a stand one way or the other.
Re: Sss Stops Anti-subsidy Removal Protest by goksonjay(m): 4:57am On Nov 10, 2011
@Beaf: guy i hail you oh. U are passionately doing your work. Ofcourse what is worth doing at all is worth doing well. If I may ask,who is your employer?
Re: Sss Stops Anti-subsidy Removal Protest by Rhino5dm: 5:44am On Nov 10, 2011
My guy na your eye you go sharpen because e bi like say e don dey happen, nobody wan die but dey wan go HEAVEN!. . .its time for NATO to come in and support these rebles. I no fit shout.
Re: Sss Stops Anti-subsidy Removal Protest by Rhino5dm: 5:46am On Nov 10, 2011
Two-faced jackal.

Beaf:

[s]I would have liked to hear proper and cogent arguments from Mr Ajani. All he has done is wax emotional which really doesn't make any sense.
I would also like to hear the full details of the govts plans first and be able to balance them against other arguments before taking a stand one way or the other.[/s]
Re: Sss Stops Anti-subsidy Removal Protest by 1luvkipsus: 6:15am On Nov 10, 2011
These so-called youth leaders are self-serving.this whole proposed protest &hunger strike is hypocrital & attention -seeking.the presidency should not give them a dime 4 that's exactly what they re lookin 4.i had expected them 2 protest against boko haram,cultism,corruption,unemployment &religious crises in d north.
Re: Sss Stops Anti-subsidy Removal Protest by 1025: 6:40am On Nov 10, 2011
a couple of years back, who among us will agree that bombing will be part of nigeria? increase in electricity tariff and no one is talking. about re-introducing toll gates and no one is doing anything. when obasanjo removed all toll gates, he said he was adding the money on the pump price of fuel which was increased from N22 to N65. today, fuel subsidy is about been removed and toll gates are about coming back.
on my own, the masses are been pushed to the wall and at that point, there will be no option than to react.
this is a country where we sit and watch politicians build high rising houses as family houses, steal our funds in billions.
how on earth is jonathan reacting to corruption and looting of public funds by his wife and cabinets?
why did jonathan not mention all these wicked acts of increasing electricity tariffs, re-introduction of toll gates, removal of fuel subsidy and accommodation of boko haram in his govt while he was preaching to nigerians and sharing biscuits.
for the sss, they will have a lot of arrests to make because i can see danger.
Re: Sss Stops Anti-subsidy Removal Protest by Kilode1: 6:45am On Nov 10, 2011
A trillion SSS cannot stop a movement when the time comes. Make dem still dey loot dey go.
Re: Sss Stops Anti-subsidy Removal Protest by Bornagain190: 7:08am On Nov 10, 2011
What makes me cry most is d looting at d local govt level, customs and defence ministry. Unimaginable. For us to get out of this, We need to empower d judiciary and build more prisons.
Re: Sss Stops Anti-subsidy Removal Protest by Demdem(m): 8:26am On Nov 10, 2011
Useless SSS. these guys dont know what will befall them next year especially when this subsidy comes to play. This is still childs play, we are still booting. so because of insecurity, we all should perish in silence. This was how the libyan revolution started.
Re: Sss Stops Anti-subsidy Removal Protest by pheesayor(m): 9:46am On Nov 10, 2011
goksonjay:

@Beaf: guy i hail you oh. U are passionately doing your work. Ofcourse what is worth doing at all is worth doing well. If I may ask,who is your employer?

Oronto Douglas

@topic, Wale has not been released yet
Re: Sss Stops Anti-subsidy Removal Protest by islamrules(m): 10:18am On Nov 10, 2011
What we need is a "Libyan style" demonstration. We need to remove these cabals.
Re: Sss Stops Anti-subsidy Removal Protest by Bawss1(m): 10:36am On Nov 10, 2011
Where exactly in Abuja is the SSS saying that the protest can't hold? Not all protests must be staged in Eagle Square or the Central Area they should take the protests to Asokoro and Maitama where the top govt official live - protest right outside the fat cats bedrooms even cheesy

Anyways is the SSS saying that protests and other forms of public gatherings are not allowed now because of security?
Re: Sss Stops Anti-subsidy Removal Protest by jmaine: 10:40am On Nov 10, 2011
^
No mind them . . .when the main thing start after subsidy removal . . . No one would tell them to stand down . . . . btw, guess they are scared that a large gathering of protesters would provide a juicy target to the Boko Haram bombers thus further exposing their incompetence . . .so all they are trying to do is curb Boko embarrassing casualty hits . . .
Re: Sss Stops Anti-subsidy Removal Protest by Gbenge77(m): 10:43am On Nov 10, 2011
This is a shame.
Re: Sss Stops Anti-subsidy Removal Protest by sleek29(m): 10:46am On Nov 10, 2011
Start the revolution now o!!!
Re: Sss Stops Anti-subsidy Removal Protest by ibide(m): 10:59am On Nov 10, 2011
I thhnk's we must not say wat we can't do. why wating till january b4 we criple this nation can't we start today i hate people making mouth let plain how we can gather our self and start the havoc next week though am in lagos but i wil be the one to leed those in delta state
Re: Sss Stops Anti-subsidy Removal Protest by Challas(m): 11:13am On Nov 10, 2011
This is d first time am hearing of this guy's name besides,which Nigerian youths is he representing.I believe d FG or some mischievious politicians just want to use him to divert our attention from d current Boko Haram crisis.Where was he when ASUU went on several months strike?That would have a very good opportunity to represent d real nigerian youths.As for d Hunger strike,O.Y.O-ON YOUR OWN my hand and my leg no dey there, If he's that passionate about d Plight of Nigerian Youths,he should set himself ablaze just like d Tunisian guy did,
Re: Sss Stops Anti-subsidy Removal Protest by islamrules(m): 11:17am On Nov 10, 2011
@ibide.
I am with you. These people made us realized this country is poor.

Imagine the speaker of house's Salary is more than Obama's Salary. This democracy is too expensive. We spend 20% of our budget to pay these policians salary. Despite that, they still embezzle funds.

They make sure our wealth is circulating around the elite. The poor doesnt have access to the national cake.

I am ready, if it is war, I will join.
Re: Sss Stops Anti-subsidy Removal Protest by texazzpete(m): 11:34am On Nov 10, 2011
When the revolution comes around, people like this Wale Ajani who conjure up a 'movement' (seriously, What the f**k is National Youth Council of Nigeria and who appointed this jackass to 'speak for 70 million Nigerian youths) will be hanged on the next available lamp post right next to the corrupt leaders.

There's nothing really to see here; this Ajani fellow was campaigning vigorously for GEJ during the April elections. He should shut up and enjoy his 'fresh air'. Oh, how i wish the SSS could let me oversee his punishment for just one hour grin
Re: Sss Stops Anti-subsidy Removal Protest by Guardian(m): 11:37am On Nov 10, 2011
CRAP !!
Re: Sss Stops Anti-subsidy Removal Protest by honeric01(m): 1:07pm On Nov 10, 2011
This is not funny o, anything bad Nigerians learn, they over-do it, God help hapless citizens o cry cry cry cry
Re: Sss Stops Anti-subsidy Removal Protest by BigMeat2: 1:15pm On Nov 10, 2011
the sss are bunch of toothless bulldog that only knows how to harrass prostesters, instead for them to do the proper job of security in the nation, why don't they find a solution to the menace of kidnapping in the niger delta, bombing by boko haram and increasing level of lawlessness in the country
Re: Sss Stops Anti-subsidy Removal Protest by kokoA(m): 1:17pm On Nov 10, 2011
honeric01:

This is not funny o, anything bad Nigerians learn, they over-do it, God help hapless citizens o cry cry cry cry

Haahahaha, na true o, but no fear sha. grin
Re: Sss Stops Anti-subsidy Removal Protest by Johnpaul2k2(m): 1:22pm On Nov 10, 2011
fVck SSS
Re: Sss Stops Anti-subsidy Removal Protest by holahabib: 1:30pm On Nov 10, 2011
ttt
Re: Sss Stops Anti-subsidy Removal Protest by honeric01(m): 1:36pm On Nov 10, 2011
The same Ajani that wanted to become Jona's scapegoat? what happened? Jona stopped paying him or what exactly happened?
Re: Sss Stops Anti-subsidy Removal Protest by BoOOosHBoy: 1:47pm On Nov 10, 2011
Thats a good question. Maybe he's getting a better pay
Re: Sss Stops Anti-subsidy Removal Protest by honeric01(m): 1:48pm On Nov 10, 2011
kokoA:

Haahahaha,  na true o, but no fear sha. grin

wrong post. (wrong thread)

honeric01:

This is not funny o, anything bad Nigerians learn, they over-do it,  God help hapless citizens o  cry cry cry cry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prophecies For 2014: "Patience Jonathan May Die" – Primate Ayodele / Campaign Poster Of Mr Ibu 4president Flood d Street / #### From The South East, I Have Finally Decided Today!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.