Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,543 members, 7,812,692 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:38 PM

Obi Would Have Been Perfect For Moments Like This - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi Would Have Been Perfect For Moments Like This (1788 Views)

Lagos And Taraba Rally:pictures That Atiku And Obi Would Not Show You(photos) / What Third-Party Candidate Peter Obi Would Mean For Nigeria - Yahoonews / Tom Hanks: Peter Obi Would Have One Way Presidential Ticket If He Was American. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obi Would Have Been Perfect For Moments Like This by EponObi: 10:05am On Feb 16
nairalanda1:
I'll just drop this here

99% of our income was earmarked for debt servicing as at 2023 may.

I also loathe the three main parties

Lol. Nigeria want to eat her cake and have it.

99% debt to revenue ratio and people are crying because they want the government to continue borrowing to defend the naira, so everyone can continue going about their day like everything is alright.

Our economy the past few decade was simply fugazi. Reality has set in.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi Would Have Been Perfect For Moments Like This by EponObi: 10:07am On Feb 16
Ofodirinwa:

what is there to loathe about LP? This is how you guys were saying GEJ and Buhari were equally a bad choice in 2015.

Don't mind him my brother. LP wey be say na angels and saints full am.

1 Like

Re: Obi Would Have Been Perfect For Moments Like This by nairalanda1(m): 10:13am On Feb 16
EponObi:

Lol. Nigeria want to eat her cake and have it.

99% debt to revenue ratio and people are crying because they want the government to continue borrowing to defend the naira, so everyone can continue going about their day like everything is alright.

Our economy the past few decade was simply fugazi. Reality has set in.

Exactly
Re: Obi Would Have Been Perfect For Moments Like This by EponObi: 10:16am On Feb 16
Shikini:

Oga, Obi has been there before. He is highly exposed in governance.

He turned Anambra from an indebted and chaotic state into a financially stable one.

When Buhari was dolling out bailout to States, Anambra didn't collect it. They were not owing salaries. The new governor then (Willy Obiano) did not have need for such loans. Peter Obi made that happen.

Peter Obi will not waste #6b buying a presidential Yatch. He will not spend #75b renovating President's & Vice President's homes in Lagos and Abuja. Tinubu is a bug spender.

Oga get off the road. Nigeria's problem is not majorly spending problem but earning problem. Tell us how Obi improved the IGR of Anambra during his 8-year tenure. What was the IGR when he came in? What was it when he left?

Like it's well known in finance, saving alone will never give you financial freedom if you don't invest. Nigeria's and Nigerians' problem is not saving but earning. Assuming Obi is president, how much will be able to safe self when 99% of our revenue is what we use in servicing debt? At the moment, Nigeria earn nada. Zero. Because we've used our current oil production to get loan. That's how serious the situation is. I will always say, Obi is a small boy in the grand scheme of things in Nigeria. He too small a boy to challenge the powers that be in this country. Forget his nonsense dismantle the pillar of corruption motivational talks. Only people like Atiku and Tinubu can face the challenge of turning things around in this country. If GEJ could be squeezed out of Aso Rock, then who is Obi?

Nigeria don't need someone like Obi who is way too frugal. We need someone who can change the nation to a net export economy. And don't bring that consumption to production nonsense because Obi never turned Anambra from consumption to production. In fact, his entire business empire is based on consumption. Obi is one of the biggest importers of goods in Nigeria. His company import literally everything, down to toothpicks.
Re: Obi Would Have Been Perfect For Moments Like This by Pythagoras001: 10:16am On Feb 16
matify83:
Solving Nigeria's multifarious and hydra headed problems are easier done from outside the seat of power just like it's easier to coach a football team and select the best eleven players outside the pitch of play.

Oliseh was a good football analyst on DSTV supersports but a woeful and divisive coach when eventually given the coaching job.

"If wishes were horses, beggers will fly" .
reason oliseh was fired when he couldn't deliver. Here we have rewarded a party that have clearly failed and is failing. All the major contenders have had some experience with public governance that could be judged (with a liitle caveat for atiku as he was deputy but he still had indirect experience) and none have been president before which is strictly not a requirement. So One could compare thier antecedent therefore this is not a case of an analyst who has not had coaching experience before. All of the contender have had "coaching/governance" experiences before and one could rationally compare their performances. My personal opinion if I was to compare coaches in 2016 ranieri with leciester city and Luis Enrique with Barcelona (won every trophy possible). I would say ranieri because he won one of the toughest league in the world with championship level players unlike Enrique that had a club with rich history and a team with World class players like prime Messi, iniesta, neymar, suarez et al
Re: Obi Would Have Been Perfect For Moments Like This by pquaver(m): 12:13pm On Feb 16
Jeyun:
you sound more tribalistic and party position than for the betterment of Nigeria.

Therefore your personal opinion holds no water to the average Nigerians as things stands now

This your pattern no dey work again

Emergency lover of Nigeria has spoken...
And i see u.. Supreme Justice of Politics has spoken... Arrogating yourself the powers u dont have... At the end of the day the bolded holds no water and remains a personal opinion..

2 Likes

Re: Obi Would Have Been Perfect For Moments Like This by Jeyun: 12:49pm On Feb 16
pquaver:

Emergency lover of Nigeria has spoken...
And i see u.. Supreme Justice of Politics has spoken... Arrogating yourself the powers u dont have... At the end of the day the bolded holds no water and remains a personal opinion..
you keep sounding more of a praise singer/ sycophant than a supporter.

These are the enemies of the real Nigeria, the Nigeria of our dream. They keep praising failed government and politicians for their personal agradicement.

Politics of hate bitterness and tribalism is their only source of living.
Re: Obi Would Have Been Perfect For Moments Like This by pquaver(m): 12:53pm On Feb 16
Jeyun:
you keep sounding more of a praise singer/ sycophant than a supporter.

These are the enemies of the real Nigeria, the Nigeria of our dream. They keep praising failed government and politicians for their personal agradicement.

Politics of hate bitterness and tribalism is their only source of living.

Again it remains your personal opinion.. Nigeria doesn't not belong to your father and you do not have the monopoly of a say in it... Obi is a no for me.. Whether it is praise singer or not is your business. There are lots of qualified igbo sons better than the fraud u worship.. He hold no monopoly of wisdom.. Get that into your thick skull... This is no Ipob association... It is called democracy.. If u dont understand it.. I can't help you

1 Like

Re: Obi Would Have Been Perfect For Moments Like This by Cjrane2: 1:50pm On Feb 16
Nigeria does not deserve a good leader or an incorruptible leader.

Nigeria deserves to have greedy corrupt men to continue stealing and making the country poorer through siphoning all our foreign currency into their personal bank accounts abroad and continue printing useless naira notes internally . While distracting the people by telling them about tribes and religious bigotry as their only contribution to society.
Re: Obi Would Have Been Perfect For Moments Like This by aswani(m): 2:44pm On Feb 16
Jeyun:
ibos are typically business inclined

Therefore they need seaport and borders for their business. Peter obi alone can not create a seaport in Anambra for he is not a president and he cannot draw border lines, he cannot move bank head quarters to anambra for he has no such power as a president these are the reasons you see ibos migrating out business people don't stay at a place.

I guess you will sey Ogun is better than China that is why lot of Chinese migrated to Ogun state and Lagos to build factory.

But for education, health, roads, security and a stable economy he deed well

Okay thanks for that.
Re: Obi Would Have Been Perfect For Moments Like This by beejaay: 3:06pm On Feb 16
LegendHero:
One good thing about politics is that while you’re out of power, you are the beautiful bride and you always know the solution to all problem.

When you get to power, you’ll then know say no be child play.

I remember when Bosun always criticize everything about the government. Now baba is the minister for communication and he saw that he can only get less done compared to the lot of things in his brain.

Obi can even say he will turn $1 to N1, some people go believe him because vegetable wey you dey use mouth cook dey always sweet.

omo u don calm down oooo, nigeria and tinubu don humble you sha.. this is lovely...tinubu, obi, and atiiku all have there strong selling point when we remove hatred from it.. there strength are meant for seperate situation...like the guy said up, tinubu is macro and Obi is micro...the situation of nigeria requires a micro manager and thats the sad truth, we neede tinubu when a micro manager has done his job not before, time like 2011 instead of GEJ....what nigeria need at the moment is akagum, someone that can save aggressively and cut down of excess but until we do away with silly political hatred we will never get it right and our population will continue suffering for it till the country collapsed patapata...

we can hate ourselves all we want but we should never allow that hate get into governance, when it comes to governance we should sharp like a hawk and aggressive like a tiger...i sincerely hope we will learn

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Food Crisis In Nigeria / Big Brother Ghana Resuces Hijacked Nigerian Ship. / Yoruba Leader Bombed In Jos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.