Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,437 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

Peter Obi Visits College Of Nursing Sciences In Ihiala, Donates ₦20 Million - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Visits College Of Nursing Sciences In Ihiala, Donates ₦20 Million (11117 Views)

Peter Obi Visits College of Nursing Sciences Kaduna, Donates N10m (Pics) / Dankwambo Dumps Wike’s Camp, Donates 20 Buses To Atiku’s Campaign / Zulum Visits Family Of General Zirkushu, Donates ₦20 Million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi Visits College Of Nursing Sciences In Ihiala, Donates ₦20 Million by Israel07: 2:11pm On Feb 15
casualobserver:

thats the reason i try to educate ignoramuses like you. because even if i am doing ok, if the society collapses then even if I am personally comfortable it affects me. unfortunately it is the same people who need to be educated about the folly of their ways that are the very people who refuse to listen. A man who makes his fortune from round tripping is a man you stone not a main you hail, a man who makes his money from destroying the factories that provided jobs for your people is a not a man you hail but a man you stone!

The irony of the poor is that they think poor and that is why they remain poor. The man who put you in poverty by destroying the jobs which gave you dignity will give you crumbs from the money he made by mortgaging your future and you because you have the mindset of a poor man will go to the town square telling everyone he is a generous man...too daft to figure out that the business this man engages in is the reason you dont have a job!! and when those who truly want to help you by teaching you how to think try to you insult them......This is the story of Nigeria.

poverty is a state of mind, being poor starts and ends with the way you think!!

I've been following up ur quotes and I can clearly see that you're clearly stupid and out of your mind... Bigotry has eaten deep into ur brain. What's the condition of local producers in Nigeria and what's the quality of their products. Local production is closing up cos of dullards like you. Bragging unnecessarily abt having British passport and earning in dollars. Why not start a local production yourself and let's see if you can survive 3 months. Just hating unnecessarily when you idiots brought this hardship to begin with. How did Buhari's closure of border fare? How much was our ugly stone infested local rice compared to the clean imported rice? British passport yet u are more clueless than Tinubu. If importation is ur problem be a solution by starting local production and stop ranting. I love Yoruba people but it's idiot like you that make me cautious when dealing with your folks cos they waste no time to point out you're an "Omo ibo" during minor fallout. What's the quality of Erisco compared to Imported Gino and De Rica for example and price difference? I don't know why I'm wasting my time typing this but I just sadly want to point out that you're nothing but a fool and hope the admins don't ban me for calling you what you truly are. A compound fool!
Re: Peter Obi Visits College Of Nursing Sciences In Ihiala, Donates ₦20 Million by blueAgent(m): 3:10pm On Feb 15
annyz:

Because charity begins at home 🏡

Perfect answer.
Re: Peter Obi Visits College Of Nursing Sciences In Ihiala, Donates ₦20 Million by Israel07: 3:34pm On Feb 15
PDPdestroyer:

Bro, I have to give it to you, u dey try grin
Igbos are more preoccupied with Igbo presidency, that nothing else makes sense to them. As far as they're concerned, Nigeria can go down, as long as an Igbo man is president, everything else is secondary, that's all there is to the Obi craze. The only people I feel bad for are those buying into their well-oiled propaganda machinery, without engaging their brains.

You're just another bigot... He's clearly making no sense and neither are you. This is not about Igbo presidency and Igbo have never ruled Nigeria.
I wonder how it makes sense to you that he's blaming a business man for going into a lucrative importation business then saying it's the cause of unemployment in Nigeria. What's the population of Nigeria to begin with? Is he the only importer in Nigeria or is he the reason Nigerians cherish imported goods more than the locally manufactured products? Buhari closed border to stop food importation from our neighbors here, what happened? Did we produce enough? Was it cheaper or of good quality compared to the imported food, rice especially! Do you drive Nord/ Innoson or Toyota/Honda? Which would you prefer? Do you wear Aba made or China made? Bigotry is the reason Nigeria will never progress. It's funny how that compound fool brought Awolowo into the matter just to score a point. Was Awolowo a business man? Awolowo was one of the freedom fighters of Nigeria and Obi is a baby to him so why the useless comparison? I know why, so he feels good about his bigotry! If the local producers had basic good conditions for business and made quality products like the imported ones at cheaper price will Nigerians not patronize it?
Business is simply supply and demand. Nigerians are in constant demand of the barest minimum of quality and and our local producers are failing to supply this demand. China sells very substandard goods they won't sell to their own people to Africa not just Nigeria. Africa as a whole is their market with the exception of maybe South Africa and Northern African countries. Why is this so? And how is any of this Obi's fault? Awolowo is in the league of Tafewa balewa, Ahmadu bello and Nnamdi Azikiwe amidst others that fought for independence and I agree Awolowo did marvelously well for his people than any of those idiot. He knew the value of education and made it free for his people. He never believed in one Nigeria to begin with, he was fully more concerned about his own people and championed oduduwa republic. Ahmadu bello and his ilks was also more concerned about his own people as well but were short sighted to the value of education for their people mainly due to Islamic religion and Fulani/Hausa cultural divide while our own Azikiwe was more interested in his selfish ambition of being president of Nigeria than his people even while Igbo's we're facing clear persecution esp in the North. The first coup in Nigeria was termed Igbo coup and thousands of Igbos were massacred in the North for no reason despite having no major Igbo interest in the said coup. Azikiwe didn't care either, he just wanted to be president. He's the reason Nigeria can't easily divide today as Awolowo would have wanted it and we are the ones suffering most for it. Just look at the way you're persecuting the man Obi for being Igbo nothing else. There are millions of importers in Nigeria from all tribes but you heaping the failure of the government to do its job on one individual in a country of all most 300M people. That's the highest form of bigotry and it's such a pitiable state we've found ourselves as Igbos and Azikiwe didn't care about saving us his people but cared more about one Nigeria due to his selfish desire which is partly the reason the National Airport is named after him for being a nationalist. Awolowo was only called into Nigeria politics during Gowon's era cos of his brilliance and was decieved by Gowon. Igbo's are falsely informed that Ojukwu released Awolowo from prison and he betrayed him but that's not true. Biafra was already gaining momentum at the time and Gowon after overthrowing the government of the day needed an educated man to advice him as he was a clueless man himself. Gowon released him from prison and begged him to work with him with the promise that he was going to handover to a civilian government. Awolowo helped him win the Biafran war by intelligence. All Gowon knew was violence. Ojukwu didn't believe Awolowo was going to work for Gowon as he knew that Awolowo himself also didn't believe in one Nigeria. Awolowo was the one that defeated Ojukwu by cutting out food supply and changing the currency. So trying to compare the achievement of Awolowo to Obi's achievement as a Governor gives volume to ur bigotry. Education under Obi improved immensely and Anambra has been major winners of best Waec and Jamb results since his time till date, Awolowo was a regional governor and had far more influence so it's a very stupid comparison. The donation he made is still about education. Now talking about importation, pls have you forgotten that after Awolowo won the war for Gowon by starving us and taking away our money as then finance commissioner he gave my people only 30 pounds to start from the scratch. What are you expecting people like this to venture into if not business? They couldn't afford training their kids in sch, business was the only means for survival and it's the reason we're the most skilled in commerce of all regions in Nigeria. Compare Obi to his fellow governors of his time let's see how good or bad he performed and stop with ur bigotry. He has a lasting legacy in educational sector in Anambra. The last Jamb highest scorers are from Anambra both the fake and Original so talk another thing. Tinubu is the one you should be talking about how he's been a failure. Just 8months into his government there's excessive hunger in the land. When he protested at Ojota in 2014 it wasn't about hunger, it was mainly driven by subsidy he claimed was a fraud only to carelessly bring it back on the very say of his inauguration without proper planning. He was still on the podium when fuel went from 145 to #450 in seconds. You agbadorians claim Obi and Atiku said they were going to remove it too? Really? When you remove fuel subsidy which directly involves transportation in a population size of a country like Nigeria is it not common sense to know that inflation will follow. Move the subsidy to transportation and food by regulating their prices which will cost the government less, take the proceeds of the subsidy and invest it into Agriculture and roads/railways and nobody will be here crying of hardship to this extent. Then remove electricity subsidy if any by making sure that first you supply enough megawatts to meet the demands of the nation. A country without light can't be talking about local production and here you're blaming one importer amongst millions of importers. U need a brain check

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Visits College Of Nursing Sciences In Ihiala, Donates ₦20 Million by Zool6: 4:28pm On Feb 15
some ppl will be asking if Tinunbu is also president ruling Anambra states considering how fresh this students are looking aside from the fact Atleast 2 out of every 3 Anambra families have atleast 1 millionaire Anambra billionaires are highly involved in philanthropists and community upliftment almost all the billionaires in the state are into competition on who will help his community most philanthropy and village mansions is both cultural lifestyle in Igboland

This is how Anambra count there own Forbes men

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Visits College Of Nursing Sciences In Ihiala, Donates ₦20 Million by Zool6: 4:30pm On Feb 15
Dr Azudialu Obiejesi
Nestoil boss single handedly transformed his town Okija just like other Anambra billionaires

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Visits College Of Nursing Sciences In Ihiala, Donates ₦20 Million by Ebeano49(m): 4:38pm On Feb 15
RenaissanceGuy:
Why does he donate to only schools and hospitals in the SE??

MODIFIED: You people should take it easy o. I was asking a harmless question that may probably plague him when he wants to run in 2027.

Rest IJN. If that's the yardstick, what did Tinubu and Buhari do for SE and SS that qualified them to be president? Orji Uzor Kalu and Rochas Okorocha built schools in the north and gave scholarships to mostly northerners. Wike donated millions from Lagos, Benue, to Sokoto. Yet, it wasn't good enough.

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Visits College Of Nursing Sciences In Ihiala, Donates ₦20 Million by paskal16: 4:39pm On Feb 15
DamnnNiggarr:
shocked

Not trying to roll in the mud of tribalism with you, but if I must ask,
how many times have SW billionaires, including Tinubu, donated to the East?
silenced that pathetic fool
Let him know we will never be slaves to them or the north
Re: Peter Obi Visits College Of Nursing Sciences In Ihiala, Donates ₦20 Million by riczy(m): 4:48pm On Feb 15
Do hope its not Audio money! See the Man
Re: Peter Obi Visits College Of Nursing Sciences In Ihiala, Donates ₦20 Million by Zool6: 5:01pm On Feb 15
Mumu all this all this epistle is for what exactly election is over BAT is now president let him move the country forward PO is private citizen with no any political office ,,Igbos are highest gainers in this dollars rise imagine stockings ur warehouse with 100m only for u to wake and discover the value of the goods have increased to 300m because of dollars exchange, saraly earners who are mostly yorubas are the once feeling the heats most not that is why 90 out of 100 people crying of hunger lamenting everywhere are yorubas go to ticktok they are everywhere see this very emotional https://vm.tiktok.com/ZSFj8q6Nf/

before Igbos will complain of cold yorubas are already down with full malaria

BAT till 2050

uote author=casualobserver post=128465052]

I live in Nigeria but I am not paid in Naira. It makes no difference to me what the level of the Naira is, it actually benefits me whenever the Naira falls because I get more Naira for my dollar. It is people like you who earn in Naira that suffer the most unfortunately it is the same people like you that stand to benefit the most from the truths I am telling you that refuse to listen.

When petrol was N165 a liter, my $1 would buy 2.5 liters @ N400 to $1. Now petrol is N600 a liter, my same $1 is now N1500 and I still buy 2.5 liters for the same $1.

I am paying less for electricity than I was paying 8 months ago, I doubled the Naira salaries of my staff and yet I am paying them less In $ than I paid them 8 months ago, I am not the one suffering.

If you like listen if you like don’t, it is you suffering the consequences of the stockhol syndrome hold your true oppressors have over you not me.

The more the Naira falls the better for me the worse for you. We all suffer because we all pay the price of the poverty in the land..insecurity etc But as a society, it is people like Obi that are killing the Naira. If you like listen, if you like continue to worship your oppressors.

If things get too bad security wise etc, I would not want to but I simply dust my British passport and move out. You neither earn in forex or have a foreign passport and you are the very people that worship the people who are the root cause of your problems!!

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Visits College Of Nursing Sciences In Ihiala, Donates ₦20 Million by PROUDIGBO(m): 6:10pm On Feb 15
EreluRoz:
Where he see money Dy throw around like this? Shebi he doesn't steal money.

Anambra money being thrown around with reckless abandon.

Peter Obi was a millionaire in dollars even before becoming governor! How did your god Tinubu make his billions of dollars….from being ’first class accountant’ with Mobil?
Re: Peter Obi Visits College Of Nursing Sciences In Ihiala, Donates ₦20 Million by jude79(m): 6:24pm On Feb 15
I don't understand why this people and South South are looking so fresh, while the rest of the country is shouting ebin pa wao, it's like Tinubu is helping se ss, instead of other Nigerians that voted for him.
Re: Peter Obi Visits College Of Nursing Sciences In Ihiala, Donates ₦20 Million by Judgementa1: 6:26pm On Feb 15
Imagine this guy get mind to dey donate money stolen from Labour party. Who is the bigger thief Obi or Abure.
Re: Peter Obi Visits College Of Nursing Sciences In Ihiala, Donates ₦20 Million by franchasofficia: 7:49pm On Feb 15
EreluRoz:
Well let's see what 2027 brings but meanwhile it's time for revolution in Nigeria. I find it hard to believe in any of these guys anymore, they make empty promises
Tribalism and religious division will never let revolution work in Nigeria.

The last endsars protest was another missed opportunity for Nigerians, but like I said, due to tribalism and religious division, it was given a tribal coloration that Omo Igbo wanted to destroy Lagos, even when same Omo Igbos joined the protest in solidarity with Lagos and Southsouth and equally burnt Police stations and other government institutions, and even went as far as freeing inmates in Imo state, still Yorubas twisted the whole protest and tagged it Omo Igbo trying to destroy Lagos.

So forget about revolution, Igbos have learnt a lot of lessons in Nigeria and from Nigerian politics.
Re: Peter Obi Visits College Of Nursing Sciences In Ihiala, Donates ₦20 Million by Rollitout: 7:53pm On Feb 15
Don't finish all your money on donation. What if you don't even smell the seat of the presidency? You are making donations here and there because you want to become president.
Re: Peter Obi Visits College Of Nursing Sciences In Ihiala, Donates ₦20 Million by EreluRoz: 7:56pm On Feb 15
franchasofficia:
Tribalism and religious division will never let revolution work in Nigeria.

The last endsars protest was another missed opportunity for Nigerians, but like I said, due to tribalism and religious division, it was given a tribal coloration that Omo Igbo wanted to destroy Lagos, even when same Omo Igbos joined the protest in solidarity with Lagos and Southsouth and equally burnt Police stations and other government institutions, and even went as far as freeing inmates in Imo state, still Yorubas twisted the whole protest and tagged it Omo Igbo trying to destroy Lagos.

So forget about revolution, Igbos have learnt a lot of lessons in Nigeria and from Nigerian politics.
Revolution will eventually happen, watch out.

Tribalism and religious division will weaken and we will all have one voice. I don't believe in any of these people parading themselves as saviour anymore kos once they grab power they'll sing the same old song.
Re: Peter Obi Visits College Of Nursing Sciences In Ihiala, Donates ₦20 Million by patrickcollins: 8:06pm On Feb 15
Father4all:
Where is he seeing all the money oo. EFCC, over to you guys
The man no be small man ooo
Re: Peter Obi Visits College Of Nursing Sciences In Ihiala, Donates ₦20 Million by patrickcollins: 8:15pm On Feb 15
Ezewuzie01:
Political donation. Very unchristian way of giving and even the catholic priest there couldn't correct him. Everyone is just after money.
Why don't you give the Christian way
Re: Peter Obi Visits College Of Nursing Sciences In Ihiala, Donates ₦20 Million by patrickcollins: 8:18pm On Feb 15
EreluRoz:
So he didn't steal government's money when he was a governor? 😂 Nigerians ehn
He didn't, not even a portion of land was allocated to his family or himself, he never collected pension or any money from government of Anambra
Re: Peter Obi Visits College Of Nursing Sciences In Ihiala, Donates ₦20 Million by djon78(m): 8:41pm On Feb 15
EreluRoz:

You no dey see Peter Obi most times in Company of Dangote, and other rich dudes

Peter Obi made money tey they
Before he even became Anambra State Governor

Why do you think he still owns Fidelity Bank as the highest share holder?

Peter Obi is among few politicians that entered politics
Stinkingly rich.

Also includes Alex Oti even orji uzor kalu, but orji messed his own up

Most other politicians were very poor men before entering politics
Re: Peter Obi Visits College Of Nursing Sciences In Ihiala, Donates ₦20 Million by djon78(m): 8:46pm On Feb 15
casualobserver:

thats the reason i try to educate ignoramuses like you. because even if i am doing ok, if the society collapses then even if I am personally comfortable it affects me. unfortunately it is the same people who need to be educated about the folly of their ways that are the very people who refuse to listen. A man who makes his fortune from round tripping is a man you stone not a main you hail, a man who makes his money from destroying the factories that provided jobs for your people is a not a man you hail but a man you stone!

The irony of the poor is that they think poor and that is why they remain poor. The man who put you in poverty by destroying the jobs which gave you dignity will give you crumbs from the money he made by mortgaging your future and you because you have the mindset of a poor man will go to the town square telling everyone he is a generous man...too daft to figure out that the business this man engages in is the reason you dont have a job!! and when those who truly want to help you by teaching you how to think try to you insult them......This is the story of Nigeria.

poverty is a state of mind, being poor starts and ends with the way you think!!

You don't know what you are talking

Peter Obi is even more into financial services:

He is the highest share holder of Fidelity Bank

Do you know the number of Nigerians Fidelity Bank employ?

You are completely off point
Re: Peter Obi Visits College Of Nursing Sciences In Ihiala, Donates ₦20 Million by djon78(m): 9:00pm On Feb 15
Judgementa1:
Imagine this guy get mind to dey donate money stolen from Labour party. Who is the bigger thief Obi or Abure.

Lol this guy get money before entering politics

You think to own Bank na beans?

It's just that his nature he doesn't make noise

Peter Obi is one of the richest Igbo men in Nigeria

But he doesn't make noise
Re: Peter Obi Visits College Of Nursing Sciences In Ihiala, Donates ₦20 Million by Pclemenza: 9:34pm On Feb 15
EreluRoz:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Visits College Of Nursing Sciences In Ihiala, Donates ₦20 Million by casualobserver: 9:40pm On Feb 15
djon78:

You don't know what you are talking

Peter Obi is even more into financial services:

Do you know the number of Nigerians Fidelity Bank employ?

You are completely off point
If you know how Nigerian bank owners really make money you will not mention Obi as a bank owner. Like I said Nigerians love their oppressors.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Visits College Of Nursing Sciences In Ihiala, Donates ₦20 Million by 467akinlabi: 9:51pm On Feb 15
Not trying to roll in the mud of tribalism with you, but if I must ask,how many times have SW billionaires, including Tinubu, donated to the East?Not trying to roll in the mud of tribalism with you, but if I must ask,how many times have SW billionaires, including Tinubu, donated to the East?...
Re: Peter Obi Visits College Of Nursing Sciences In Ihiala, Donates ₦20 Million by djon78(m): 1:42am On Feb 16
casualobserver:

If you know how Nigerian bank owners really make money you will not mention Obi as a bank owner. Like I said Nigerians love their oppressors.

You are still beating around the bush with no concrete point

How many people doing business in Nigeria are actually working towards the real actual success of Nigeria's economy?

If it was like that
The Economy would be good

So you don't have a point or know what you are saying
Re: Peter Obi Visits College Of Nursing Sciences In Ihiala, Donates ₦20 Million by casualobserver: 1:49pm On Feb 16
djon78:

You are still beating around the bush with no concrete point

How many people doing business in Nigeria are actually working towards the real actual success of Nigeria's economy?

If it was like that
The Economy would be good

So you don't have a point or know what you are saying

I wasn’t going to respond to you but I am for the benefit of others who may be sensible and are reading this.

The reason the western world makes progress and blacks every where be it in the diaspora or Africa do not is that here the poor elevate worship and defend their oppressors while the poor white man looks after his interests first causing the rich and those with power and influence to take them seriously. Like I said in the beginning:

It is not in my interest to care more about you than you have shown to care about yourself. No matter how much I want you to do well ( this applies to individuals and communities or countries) if my desire for your progress is greater than your desire for your progress, you will end up wasting my time energies and resources.

The black man worships a fellow black or tribesman irrespective of his failings and will defend him with everything because he is rich or successful and from his tribe. By doing this you give no incentive to him to do anything for you or to do the right thing. When you show him that your own interests matter more to you than his interests, that is when he will use his power and influence to work for your advancement.

I may have money that can help you but I will not deploy it to help you unless I see your desire and effort to uplift yourself because I worked hard to get the money and people who work for their success understand the attributes of success and failure and do not waste their time or effort. You can liken it to a drug addict or a gambler, you can only help them when they haves reached rock bottom and have decided enough is enough, any effort you make until them is a waste of your resources and done out of emotion and not rational. This is the plight of the Nigerian and indeed most blacks. I am not going to help you create jobs while you celebrate a man who destroys local jobs, or continue poor as you are to maintain a taste for foreign products. It is your habits that will inform those who can help you that you are serious and his efforts will not be in vain. So if you like continue to worship Obi who imports things that can be produced here, destroys factories and local jobs, continue to patronize foreign goods, foreign companies and think any sensible Nigerian is going to risk his investment at the risk of going bankrupt to create factories and jobs knowing the people will opt for foreign goods. In the west if a company tries to move jobs overseas the people will boycott their products but here some daft idiot will come and say the quality of the product is inferior so they prefer the imported products that exports jobs overseas and destroys local jobs. When you longer have a job you will say how you plan to buy the imported product.

Someone mentioned the quality of erisco tomato paste as a justification for preferring foreign products. The first batch of INNOSON cars just like all Chinese cars were very poor, as patronage increased they improved their quality, now Chinese cars are competing with European cars in Europe and you can see that the latest innoson products are better! It was the patronage of Chinese cars by local Chinese that have them the volume and market share to improve their quality. If you are old enough you may remmember how crap Hyundai was when they started…they were a joke. I am old enough to remember when LG started, at the time they were called LuckyGoldstar their products were so inferior only the very poor bought them. Today they have destroyed Sony, Panasonic, hitachi, Toshiba, Grundig, Phillips and all the former electronics giants. How did they start?….through local patronage despite the inferior quality.

You may continue with your insults and abuse but hopefully some will learn from this.

most people who set up factories or job creating enterprises do so at great financial risk, many can go bankrupt if it fails. Apart from the financial incentive, many do so to make an impact on society and this is the part that is relevant to this discussion. Why would Anyone take on great financial risk to create jobs and develop society, when the people will not patronize the product because they prefer imports? Why should anyone take financial risks to create jobs for you when you prefer imported products that create jobs elsewhere? I hope you can see what I mean when I say You cannot care more for people than they care for themselves. If in your choices as a consumer you do not put a preference on those who create and protect jobs in Nigeria, use Nigerian raw materials, then nobody is going to embark on a money making venture that creates Nigerian jobs when they can make money importing like Peter Obi.

When Nigerian masses start to act like they care about themselves and patronize and elevate those who Crete jobs and value here in Nigeria, people who can help with show up. Until then continue to support the man who destroys your jobs and expect a messiah from heaven to come and create jobs for you.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Visits College Of Nursing Sciences In Ihiala, Donates ₦20 Million by socialmediaman: 2:05pm On Feb 16
RenaissanceGuy:
Why does he donate to only schools and hospitals in the SE??

MODIFIED: You people should take it easy o. I was asking a harmless question that may probably plague him when he wants to run in 2027.

You probably didn’t notice these ones

Re: Peter Obi Visits College Of Nursing Sciences In Ihiala, Donates ₦20 Million by djon78(m): 8:20pm On Feb 16
casualobserver:

I wasn’t going to respond to you but I am for the benefit of others who may be sensible and are reading this.

The reason the western world makes progress and blacks every where be it in the diaspora or Africa do not is that here the poor elevate worship and defend their oppressors while the poor white man looks after his interests first causing the rich and those with power and influence to take them seriously. Like I said in the beginning:

It is not in my interest to care more about you than you have shown to care about yourself. No matter how much I want you to do well ( this applies to individuals and communities or countries) if my desire for your progress is greater than your desire for your progress, you will end up wasting my time energies and resources.

The black man worships a fellow black or tribesman irrespective of his failings and will defend him with everything because he is rich or successful and from his tribe. By doing this you give no incentive to him to do anything for you or to do the right thing. When you show him that your own interests matter more to you than his interests, that is when he will use his power and influence to work for your advancement.

I may have money that can help you but I will not deploy it to help you unless I see your desire and effort to uplift yourself because I worked hard to get the money and people who work for their success understand the attributes of success and failure and do not waste their time or effort. You can liken it to a drug addict or a gambler, you can only help them when they haves reached rock bottom and have decided enough is enough, any effort you make until them is a waste of your resources and done out of emotion and not rational. This is the plight of the Nigerian and indeed most blacks. I am not going to help you create jobs while you celebrate a man who destroys local jobs, or continue poor as you are to maintain a taste for foreign products. It is your habits that will inform those who can help you that you are serious and his efforts will not be in vain. So if you like continue to worship Obi who imports things that can be produced here, destroys factories and local jobs, continue to patronize foreign goods, foreign companies and think any sensible Nigerian is going to risk his investment at the risk of going bankrupt to create factories and jobs knowing the people will opt for foreign goods. In the west if a company tries to move jobs overseas the people will boycott their products but here some daft idiot will come and say the quality of the product is inferior so they prefer the imported products that exports jobs overseas and destroys local jobs. When you longer have a job you will say how you plan to buy the imported product.

Someone mentioned the quality of erisco tomato paste as a justification for preferring foreign products. The first batch of INNOSON cars just like all Chinese cars were very poor, as patronage increased they improved their quality, now Chinese cars are competing with European cars in Europe and you can see that the latest innoson products are better! It was the patronage of Chinese cars by local Chinese that have them the volume and market share to improve their quality. If you are old enough you may remmember how crap Hyundai was when they started…they were a joke. I am old enough to remember when LG started, at the time they were called LuckyGoldstar their products were so inferior only the very poor bought them. Today they have destroyed Sony, Panasonic, hitachi, Toshiba, Grundig, Phillips and all the former electronics giants. How did they start?….through local patronage despite the inferior quality.

You may continue with your insults and abuse but hopefully some will learn from this.

most people who set up factories or job creating enterprises do so at great financial risk, many can go bankrupt if it fails. Apart from the financial incentive, many do so to make an impact on society and this is the part that is relevant to this discussion. Why would Anyone take on great financial risk to create jobs and develop society, when the people will not patronize the product because they prefer imports? Why should anyone take financial risks to create jobs for you when you prefer imported products that create jobs elsewhere? I hope you can see what I mean when I say You cannot care more for people than they care for themselves. If in your choices as a consumer you do not put a preference on those who create and protect jobs in Nigeria, use Nigerian raw materials, then nobody is going to embark on a money making venture that creates Nigerian jobs when they can make money importing like Peter Obi.

When Nigerian masses start to act like they care about themselves and patronize and elevate those who Crete jobs and value here in Nigeria, people who can help with show up. Until then continue to support the man who destroys your jobs and expect a messiah from heaven to come and create jobs for you.

With all these grammar

You are still beating around the bush

If change must come
It will start from the political class and elites crating the template, platform for it.

If not all these your talk is just trash

You are calling South Korea

How did they Develop?
The political class created chaebols, global targeting companies like Samsung, Hyundai, LG etc
They gave them the focus to fly

How did China Develop
Former premier chairman Mao created a robust 50 year plan for there Development

You think you are talking to a novice?

You don't even understand the foundational problem of Africa with all these your long hogwash

African leaders know the right thing to do to develop this continent

But they don't
They want the status quo to remain the same
Re: Peter Obi Visits College Of Nursing Sciences In Ihiala, Donates ₦20 Million by casualobserver: 8:33pm On Feb 16
djon78:

With all these grammar

You are still beating around the bush

If change must come
It will start from the political class and elites
crating the template, platform for it.

If not all these your talk is just trash

You are calling South Korea

How did they Develop?
The political class created chaebols, global targeting companies like Samsung, Hyundai, LG etc
They gave them the focus to fly

How did China Develop
Former premier chairman Mao created a robust 50 year plan for there Development

You think you are talking to a novice?

You don't even understand the foundational problem of Africa with all these your long hogwash

African leaders know the right thing to do to develop this continent

But they don't
They want the status quo to remain the same

keep deluding yourself. you contradict yourself, on the one hand you say the leaders are the ones that are responsible for change but you say they like the status quo....and yet you fail to connect the dots! why dont they care? because you have shown you dont care for yourself. To win an election you ask me for money, why should I work for you when I get there? ... you have sold your right to demand accountability from them. the Singapore or South Korea you talk about, go and investigate their citizens dont bahave like Nigerians.

This thing is a contract, you do your part as citizens then the leaders are oblidged to work on your behalf but you want to engage in bufoonery and expect mannah from leaders...it doesnt work that way. The only reason anyone will uplift you in any aspect of life is you demonstrating you desire the uplift, will not abuse the opportunity and you ready to pay the price for the uplift. AKA you care about yourself, so i will care about you.

The political elites will only help the citizens when the citizens themselves have shown they desire a good country and are willing to sacrifice. Nobody is going to create jobs for you if you prefer imported products because in the end they will go bankrupt. Nobody is going to create a good system schools hospitals etc if the citizens do not want to play their part and pay taxes. People will tell you about Awo and free education, what they wont tell you is that farmers, market women etc paid taxes, go and verify it wasnt all cocoa money.

if as a poor man you think you have a right to eat imported rice, bread made with imported flour, imported tomato paste etc etc with scarce forex when we have local manufacturers that can manufacture these things and create local jobs if you patronise them, then you are not serious and the leaders see you are not serious so they take care of themselves and leave you to your fate. When you are serious you will demonstrate it by your actions.

I give you another example of why the rich don’t help the poor in Nigeria, you don’t earn much, you spend all your time in Holy Ghost crusades, the small you have, you give to pastors to ride in rolls Royce and PJs, then you come to a rich man for money, he knows where his money is going, you think he will help you?…then you will come and say he is wicked when he says no. Nobody who works hard to get to the top throws his money away, even the Peter Obi donating money up and down is not doing it entirely for charity, he is doing it wi5 his eye on 2027. If you don’t value your own little money, you can’t value mine so I won’t give you. If he does give you money out of sentiment he will only give you a pittance whereas if you had shown him you were enterprising and serious about your life, have a dilligent attitude, he could finance the capital for a business that can change your life…again it is not anyone’s business to care for you more than you care for yourself.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Floods In Ibadan And Oyo State / 2015: I’m Qualified To Run –jonathan / Salary Of State Governors In Nigeria, Salary Of Their Deputies And Commissioners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.