Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,917 members, 7,828,201 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:00 AM

Advise Needed On Country To Travel Too With $20k - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Advise Needed On Country To Travel Too With $20k (447 Views)

Advice On Country Of Study To Choose / Advise On Country I Can Relocate To With 1.5 Million Naira / Which Country To Migrate To With N4 Million? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advise Needed On Country To Travel Too With $20k by Williams05618: 8:54am On Feb 15
So I will just go down to facts.
BSC degree 2:1
Available cash $20k and still working for more
Purpose for traveling: Studying (MSC)

CHALLENGES
I’m the one sponsoring myself and so I’ve been told my proof of fund has to be in my bank. The account needs to have an active inflow and outflow. However I can’t keep my cash in naira because of inflation.

Second: my ties to home country is not strong. No wife, no kids, only one house. No job.

Third I don’t have anyone in my family that I can use their account as proof of income Abi funds or that I can say is supporting me.

What country can I go to with all of these? I’m in the comment section to entertain questions
Re: Advise Needed On Country To Travel Too With $20k by Jogs1900: 8:59am On Feb 15
Your proof of fund can be in USD..No need to convert it to naira.Just open a USD denominated domiciliary account in any bank of your choice.
Re: Advise Needed On Country To Travel Too With $20k by Williams05618: 9:00am On Feb 15
Jogs1900:
Your proof of fund can be in USD..No need to convert it to naira.Just open a USD denominated domiciliary account in any bank of your choice.

With the way CBN is moving M*ad, my hard earned USD can turn to NGN over night. Can’t risk that. I rather store in USDT
Re: Advise Needed On Country To Travel Too With $20k by Jogs1900: 9:04am On Feb 15
Williams05618:

With the way CBN is moving M*ad, my hard earned USD can turn to NGN over night. Can’t risk that. I rather store in USDT
Unfortunately, crypto can't be used as proof of funds in any embassy.
Re: Advise Needed On Country To Travel Too With $20k by TheMensch(m): 9:04am On Feb 15
Where una dey see these $$
I fit learn from you oo
Re: Advise Needed On Country To Travel Too With $20k by Williams05618: 9:12am On Feb 15
Jogs1900:

Unfortunately, crypto can't be used as proof of funds in any embassy.

Can I wait till when it’s time for visa appointment to deposit this money in my account?
Re: Advise Needed On Country To Travel Too With $20k by Highway09(m): 9:13am On Feb 15
you can move to the UK with way less than that.
Re: Advise Needed On Country To Travel Too With $20k by Jogs1900: 9:26am On Feb 15
Williams05618:

Can I wait till when it’s time for visa appointment to deposit this money in my account?
It depends on your travel purpose...If it's for study or work in the UK, the money you will need must sit in the account for at least 28 days whereas for visit purpose, they need your 6 months statement of account.
Re: Advise Needed On Country To Travel Too With $20k by Williams05618: 9:39am On Feb 15
Jogs1900:

It depends on your travel purpose...If it's for study or work in the UK, the money you will need must sit in the account for at least 28 days whereas for visit purpose, they need your 6 months statement of account.

For study
Re: Advise Needed On Country To Travel Too With $20k by Williams05618: 9:40am On Feb 15
Highway09:
you can move to the UK with way less than that.

Yeah I’ve heard life in UK can be tough & as such I’m a bit wary of UK
Re: Advise Needed On Country To Travel Too With $20k by Jogs1900: 10:00am On Feb 15
Williams05618:

For study
If it's for study in the UK, 28 days is what is needed.Please don't give anybody money for processing.. Do it yourself.

1 Like

Re: Advise Needed On Country To Travel Too With $20k by Williams05618: 1:05pm On Feb 15
Jogs1900:

If it's for study in the UK, 28 days is what is needed.Please don't give anybody money for processing.. Do it yourself.

I know. 20k would be enough yeah?
Re: Advise Needed On Country To Travel Too With $20k by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:53pm On Feb 15
You are still asking on nairaland instead of doing research yourself. Leaving Nigeria now isn't even about money. Immigration laws are changing for the worst globally so even with your money, you have very limited options.

1 Like

Re: Advise Needed On Country To Travel Too With $20k by Williams05618: 2:27pm On Feb 15
tensazangetsu20:
You are still asking on nairaland instead of doing research yourself. Leaving Nigeria now isn't even about money. Immigration laws are changing for the worst globally so even with your money, you have very limited options.

That’s my worse fear tbh
Re: Advise Needed On Country To Travel Too With $20k by Suicideboy: 9:56am On Feb 16
Enter Benin rep fess , stay there for sometime do proper research then enter eastern yurop or south asia

(1) (Reply)

Why Visit Ghana This Valentine? – Toye Answers / Hi / Going To South Africa , What Are The Do's And Dont

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.