Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,012 members, 7,814,455 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 29.9% In January 2024 - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 29.9% In January 2024 (6347 Views)

Nigeria Stock Market At Highest Level In 15 Years, Gain 18.9% In The First Half / Otedola surrender Transcorp to Elumelu as Stake In Transcorp Hits 29.5% / Ghana’s Inflation Hits 40.4% In October 2022 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 29.9% In January 2024 by Franking: 6:23pm On Feb 15
Fuel will hit #1000 a litre in a few weeks time.
Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 29.9% In January 2024 by nairalanda1(m): 6:30pm On Feb 15
obailala:
I'm sorry but OBI is clearly a different and would have done a lot of things differently. Let's stop excusing Tinubu's failures by erroneously claiming others would have been equally irresponsible and clueless.

For starters, OBI communicates! A good line of communication on your strategies would make a world of difference in the way the people and businesses react to your policies. Before elections, Tinubu wouldn't dare talk to anyone, grant interviews or even attend debates. He never outlined any strategy on how he intended to approach the myriad of problems, and nothing has changed after swearing in. Instead while the country is on fire he disappears to France for God knows what, and yet you think OBI would have been the same? When the pillar of a person's campaign is "it is my turn" and "na statistics we go chop?", it already speaks volumes on the person's cluelessness on how to solve the issues which everyone already knew about.

OBI on the other hand clearly communicated and communicated and communicated! Yes OBI also promised to remove subsidies, but he clearly outlined that the removal would be in phases to cushion the impact on the economy (with regards inflation). OBI also outlined that any funds saved from subsidy removal would be channeled directly (no diversions whatsoever) into fixing the refineries to ensure Nigeria stopped importing petrol as quickly as possible; a clear policy outline like this makes a world of difference!! Do you know how many times Tinubu has removed and secretly reinstated subsidies? Policy jumps and cuts like that are very disastrous for business planning; reason why companies keep fleeing Nigeria.

And then you said IMF and China wouldn't give us loans! Why would they give loans when they know the people at the helm are irresponsible spenders? When Tinubu first stepped into government, wasn't he granted a loan. What did he use the loan for?

- To buy 460 SUVs for NASS members
- To finance presidential yacht.
- To pay N25000 to 15 million households (all of which never materialised but loan money disappeared)

And you wonder why China wouldn't give us more loans? Is it today OBI started evangelizing on the imperativeness of using loans only for clearly productive ventures? Yet you think OBI wouldn't have done anything differently?

It is not a matter of commnuncation, at the end, we were having debt eating a large chunk of our revenue...90% and a very low foreign revenue

I have no doubt Obi would have done all you said, but at the end of the day, we are no longer masters of our fate.

If you think I like tinubu, am sorry, but you are wrong. I hate what APC has done to this country, and in my deepest heart, I wish we could have subsidy for the poor. I wish we were a rich enough nation, and I wish all our leaders had gotten us on an industrial development path, and i hate the fact that government is spending millions and billions on waste like cars and froeign trips and so forth.

But right now, we are between the devil and the deep blue sea. If we remove subsidy a lot of people will suffer and cry., if we keep it, the debt would end up forcing a lot of people to suffer and cry after the storm.

I never voted for PDP, APC, TInubu, Buhari, or anyone of them. But I think subsidy removal is the way forward because it gives us a chance, a slim chance that we may get some effing investment that might forward some job creation and maybe give us a path out. Just paying subsidy when there is no money is going to make us suffer in a few years, in ways we cannot concieve. And no, I don't support tinubu or GEJ, I had my eyes opened in 2011, and I saw what was happening

I am not excusing any bad leaders. Infact I am angry. I want to scream and shout at the people in Aso Rock, and all our past leaders. I want to yell at the independence leaders who did not take us on the road to industries. I want to yell at the corrupt, to scream in anger. But i cannot do anything, effing anything

Yet I am an oppressor because I care about my country. Because I have seen, and I cannot go back to being blind.

Good evening.
Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 29.9% In January 2024 by Ofodirinwa: 6:40pm On Feb 15
Corn must continue
8 years must complete

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 29.9% In January 2024 by Showguyz: 7:03pm On Feb 15
Artscollection:

But he warned everybody when he said na statistics we go chop
Them no understand that time
As I dey like this so I don make up my mind
Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 29.9% In January 2024 by Promise47(m): 7:07pm On Feb 15
I didn't not I'm form south South we don't vote APC at all here
Thislifee:
Did you voted that pooing president with pampers that only believes he is emilokan? If you did then hunger would kill you!
Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 29.9% In January 2024 by ogaontop(m): 8:28pm On Feb 15
Thislifee:
Shege banza to agbadorians!
Wahala
Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 29.9% In January 2024 by ifeoluwapo25977: 7:19am On Feb 16
Subsidy is back bro.Subsidy is back bro....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

An Orange seller in Ikeja peels Oranges in a different way (See how) / Tin Can Records 150% Increase In Agro Exports / Make Money Trading In Solid Minerals: Lead, Zinc And Copper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.