Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,110 members, 7,811,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:50 AM

Elder Statesman, Aminu Dantata Backs Transition To Parliamentary System - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Elder Statesman, Aminu Dantata Backs Transition To Parliamentary System (14403 Views)

Aminu Dantata Came Out For Asiwaju Tinubu (Pictures) / Tinubu Bows To Greet Aminu Dantata, Governors Could Not Shake Him (Video) / Yemi Osinbajo Commissions Aminu Dantata Flyover, Kano (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elder Statesman, Aminu Dantata Backs Transition To Parliamentary System by ogbonti: 2:40pm On Feb 15
LordIsaac:
The North is tired of life outside Power so soon. This is funny indeed! He should back regionalism, not parliamentary system! Simple.

no mind them - Asiwaju you are the greatest - you beat them in their game and after 8 years hand over Nigeria to Hope Uzodinma - and after 8 years Uzodinma hands over to Adams Oshhiomole and after 8 years Oshomole will hand over to Rev Fr Francis Alia - the core north will not smell power again in the nexr 32 years

They want parliamentary system so they can have the prime minister forever as their constituencies are more in number that both the east and west and niger delra put together

As much as I dislike how Asiwaju came to power but na him get power reach them - he snatched ot grabbed it and ran away with the power from them 😂😂😂😂 Ntoor arewa pipo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elder Statesman, Aminu Dantata Backs Transition To Parliamentary System by Minsk24: 2:43pm On Feb 15
Postinor:
can you explain more on this system
In my idea...
The prime Minister will not be decided by who is the leader of the party, it will be direct elections as we do for president .
When the prime Minister is elected, rather than the normal system of the party with the most seats forming government or a coalition, the prime Minister will just appoint his cabinet, my idea is a fusion of presidential and parliamentary system together....

1 Like

Re: Elder Statesman, Aminu Dantata Backs Transition To Parliamentary System by DARLINGTON869(m): 2:44pm On Feb 15
222Martins:
When the suffering of Nigerians started under the leadership of Buhari, why was this parliamentary rubbish not raised then? Now the South is in power, still trying to wriggle out of the economic mess started by Buhari, they came up with this. I laugh grin grin grin grin grin

Which is better...to continue to spiral into a horrible mess than before or to find a solution. I just don't get why we can't just keep sentiment aside for the good of all. I am Igbo. If I were to be sentimental or one sided, I would have been clamouring for Biafra on this forum day and night. But I know that secession is a dead on arrival move. So why can't we reason together and find a solution out of the horrible mess we are in. It is very obvious Tinubu is clueless as to how to fix Nigeria. Even if Peter Obi were to have won, it wouldn't have been a roller coaster for him. Agreed..The previous administration messed things up. But Tinubu must stop with the blame game and sort things out. If he can't fix things which is evidently the case everyday, then let's restructure the whole thing. If parliamentary system is what will save us, let's try it out.
Re: Elder Statesman, Aminu Dantata Backs Transition To Parliamentary System by valentineuwakwe(m): 2:48pm On Feb 15
Parliamentary system will definitely lead to a one party state and possibly a dictatorship in the country...which may tear us apart!
Re: Elder Statesman, Aminu Dantata Backs Transition To Parliamentary System by id911(m): 2:58pm On Feb 15
ifytrik:
This is the first sensible move made by our senators of lately, parliamentary government is what Nigeria really need right, they(senators) should also sponsor a bill to reduce the salaries and allocations of all political office holders in Nigeria, anything to reduce the cost of governance is a welcome development.

This is not a sensible move. The north wants to dictate everything because they believe power is slipping out of their hands since in Parliamentary System, only the lawmakers decide who the Head of Government is. Who are the majority in parliament? Your guess is as good as mine!

Only Regionalism, Total Resource Control or True Federalism can move Nigeria forward.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elder Statesman, Aminu Dantata Backs Transition To Parliamentary System by paramakina202: 3:07pm On Feb 15
LordIsaac:
The North is tired of life outside Power so soon. This is funny indeed! He should back regionalism, not parliamentary system! Simple.

Regionalism should go hand in hand with Parliamentary system as it was in first republic.
Re: Elder Statesman, Aminu Dantata Backs Transition To Parliamentary System by Gboom: 3:10pm On Feb 15
mrvitalis:

Oga this are not postulations this is how Parliamentary system works

Is like saying a majority leader won't debate in the house against minority leader
I'm telling you; no form of government can work in a complex Nigeria where the rich and politicians will always pervert justice, where the rule of law is for the masses and the big politicians are above it, where corruption always fight back.
FYI, Nigeria belongs to the few which includes top politicians, the moneybags and your so called representatives

1 Like

Re: Elder Statesman, Aminu Dantata Backs Transition To Parliamentary System by Anonimoux: 3:11pm On Feb 15
I prefer regionalism/true Federalism, let every region manage their resources with minimal intervention from the Federal Government.

3 Likes

Re: Elder Statesman, Aminu Dantata Backs Transition To Parliamentary System by AuwalYusuf812(m): 3:27pm On Feb 15
You lack sense.

Take away the messager and check the message
Re: Elder Statesman, Aminu Dantata Backs Transition To Parliamentary System by Pinicop(m): 3:37pm On Feb 15
Where would the future leaders would come from, Saturn or Jupiter?

Are they angels from heaven, or they're the same crooked Nigerians that would rule over us?

Do whatever you like, if the people didn't change, the system won't.

Change name alone won't change anything.
It would gonna be an-old-wine-in-a-new-bottle shit.
Re: Elder Statesman, Aminu Dantata Backs Transition To Parliamentary System by Sicklebear28: 3:38pm On Feb 15
ifytrik:
This is the first sensible move made by our senators of lately, parliamentary government is what Nigeria really need right, they(senators) should also sponsor a bill to reduce the salaries and allocations of all political office holders in Nigeria, anything to reduce the cost of governance is a welcome development.

Not senators but honourables (house of representative)
Re: Elder Statesman, Aminu Dantata Backs Transition To Parliamentary System by CAPTIVATOR: 3:40pm On Feb 15
sterlingD:
i hope the Elder statesman will not say that he was misquoted tomorrow.

grin grin grin
Re: Elder Statesman, Aminu Dantata Backs Transition To Parliamentary System by Raf4: 3:48pm On Feb 15
DIVINEEVIDENCE:
Restructure Nigeria back to regionalism.

Let the indigenous peoples develop with their peculiarity and grow through healthy competition with other regions.

In a regional system, the North would perfect their mining and Agriculture, the SouthEast and South-South their oil and gas exploration; the middle Belt, food production and processing and our refineries would have been working by now.

The land-grabbing being perpetrated by the Fulani in the Benue would have been deemed an act of aggression and would have been curtailed by now.

Its only in a federal system that the North would foist the brain-dead Buhari on Nigeria and the SouthWest support a microphone-licking great grandfather Tinubu to be president.

In a regional system of government, these men would have been relegated to merely entertaining courtesy calls by visiting politicians who felt nice and polite.

Unfortunately for you, it was your kinsman that destroyed regionalism/parliamentary system and replaced with unitary form of federal government, via draconian decree 34, thinking you people will be able to cover the deficiencies in your region and corner other people's resources.

1 Like

Re: Elder Statesman, Aminu Dantata Backs Transition To Parliamentary System by Raf4: 3:56pm On Feb 15
id911:

This is not a sensible move. The north wants to dictate everything because they believe power is slipping out of their hands since in Parliamentary System, only the lawmakers decide who the Head of Government is. Who are the majority in parliament? Your guess is as good as mine!

Only Regionalism, Total Resource Control or True Federalism can move Nigeria forward.

If we must have parliamentary system, each of the 6 regions must have equal representatives like 18 from each region.

2 Likes

Re: Elder Statesman, Aminu Dantata Backs Transition To Parliamentary System by boxypane(m): 4:08pm On Feb 15
ifytrik:
You'd expect that a bill sponsoring drastic reduction of cost of governance is what a sensible legislature should pursue under this economic circumstance, but they won't. Because they are greedy, self centered, most don't even start, talk less of finishing constituency projects, most are unknown by their so called constituents, etc. The Word GREED is well engraved on their Foreheads.

1 Like

Re: Elder Statesman, Aminu Dantata Backs Transition To Parliamentary System by tbarrister(m): 4:09pm On Feb 15
Minsk24:
A parliamentary system without direct election of the prime Minister is not good...
A parliamentary system that will need parties and coalition to form government will pave way for instability, we cannot afford to continue running elections due to cost...
We tweak the parliamentary system to enable the prime Minister to be voted directly by the masses and would not need party or coalition to form government...he would just select ministers and focus on governance..
Parliamentary system biggest advantage is that u can not have a dullard as prime Minister...unlike the presidential system where the president can easily hide

The biggest disadvantage is that, we will only be ruled by the biggest politician or the highest bidder. They'll use billions to lobby to be elected as prime Minister by the house and his focus will be on pleasing his fellow dishonourables rather than the people.

Parliamentary system will be a mistake, as we will be handling over power to the same corrupt dishonourables and this time around they'll have executive power too
Re: Elder Statesman, Aminu Dantata Backs Transition To Parliamentary System by frog12: 4:13pm On Feb 15
grin grin

222Martins:
When the suffering of Nigerians started under the leadership of Buhari, why was this parliamentary rubbish not raised then? Now the South is in power, still trying to wriggle out of the economic mess started by Buhari, they came up with this. I laugh grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Elder Statesman, Aminu Dantata Backs Transition To Parliamentary System by Minsk24: 4:22pm On Feb 15
tbarrister:

The biggest disadvantage is that, we will only be ruled by the biggest politician or the highest bidder. They'll use billions to lobby to be elected as prime Minister by the house and his focus will be on pleasing his fellow dishonourables rather than the people.

Parliamentary system will be a mistake, as we will be handling over power to the same corrupt dishonourables and this time around they'll have executive power too
Exactly, parliamentary system in a corrupt society is very horrible, Lebanon,iraq, pakistan....it is a complete no no
Re: Elder Statesman, Aminu Dantata Backs Transition To Parliamentary System by Raf4: 4:23pm On Feb 15
DIVINEEVIDENCE:

Which other region has ever supported the worst among them to Aso Rock apart from those two?

Please, give me the other regions I should have mentioned.

Which region slavishly supported them to form government b4 independence and subsequently (1st & 2nd republic)?
Which region supported them to form government in 1979 and 1983?
Which region massively voted for them in June 12, 1993?
Selective cum deliberate dementia at play.

1 Like

Re: Elder Statesman, Aminu Dantata Backs Transition To Parliamentary System by rapheal5(m): 4:54pm On Feb 15
DARLINGTON869:

Which is better...to continue to spiral into a horrible mess than before or to find a solution. I just don't get why we can't just keep sentiment aside for the good of all. I am Igbo. If I were to be sentimental or one sided, I would have been clamouring for Biafra on this forum day and night. But I know that secession is a dead on arrival move. So why can't we reason together and find a solution out of the horrible mess we are in. It is very obvious Tinubu is clueless as to how to fix Nigeria. Even if Peter Obi were to have won, it wouldn't have been a roller coaster for him. Agreed..The previous administration messed things up. But Tinubu must stop with the blame game and sort things out. If he can't fix things which is evidently the case everyday, then let's restructure the whole thing. If parliamentary system is what will save us, let's try it out.
All I want is southern and northern nigeria, igbo and yoruba need to unite but tribalism and religion won't let this work, that's why northern people feel superior..... And most online yoruba and igbo youth keep hating on each other, how do we convince the ignorant and illiterate in real life, when educated youth can't fight tribalism online....
Re: Elder Statesman, Aminu Dantata Backs Transition To Parliamentary System by kenny160: 4:55pm On Feb 15
DARLINGTON869:

I support your point. I am a yoruba but when I see reasonable people among the obidients or Igbo I will commed their sense of reasoning Kudos to the real human being and reasonable youth....shoutout to other reasonable Nigerians...1 LOVE BROSS.
Re: Elder Statesman, Aminu Dantata Backs Transition To Parliamentary System by yeshuasfootstep(m): 4:57pm On Feb 15
The north don remember there's something like parliamentary system of government.

It's well.
Re: Elder Statesman, Aminu Dantata Backs Transition To Parliamentary System by Blitzking: 4:59pm On Feb 15
Re: Elder Statesman, Aminu Dantata Backs Transition To Parliamentary System by kenny160: 5:02pm On Feb 15
rapheal5:
All I want is southern and northern nigeria, igbo and yoruba need to unite but tribalism and religion won't let this work, that's why northern people feel superior..... And most online yoruba and igbo youth keep hating on each other, how do we convince the ignorant and illiterate in real life, when educated youth can't fight tribalism online....
I wonder o
Re: Elder Statesman, Aminu Dantata Backs Transition To Parliamentary System by Gr8amechi: 5:24pm On Feb 15
Minsk24:
A parliamentary system without direct election of the prime Minister is not good...
A parliamentary system that will need parties and coalition to form government will pave way for instability, we cannot afford to continue running elections due to cost...
We tweak the parliamentary system to enable the prime Minister to be voted directly by the masses and would not need party or coalition to form government...he would just select ministers and focus on governance..
Parliamentary system biggest advantage is that u can not have a dullard as prime Minister...unlike the presidential system where the president can easily hide

There is no way the PM is to be directly voted, the PM is part of the parliament and his tenure should not be fixed, imagine if we are in a Parliamentary systems by now Tinubu would have been passed vote or no confidence and the president would have called for a fresh election

I have proposed this style based on our heterogeneous nature.

Let's have a Parliamentary systems with

1. President as the head of state and holds ceremonial powers but act as a nonpartisan symbol of unity.
The position shall be rotational and he shall be the commander in chief of the armed forces meaning the armed forces are under him, external security are under him and in time of war a war cabinet is formed which he leads.

2. The PM will be the head of government and if his policies are anti masses with a massive protest the president would order him to step down.
The PM will be responsible for internal security, federal police and national guards and forest guard which shall act as military arms but for only donestic matters and are the first reserves for external aggression.
Re: Elder Statesman, Aminu Dantata Backs Transition To Parliamentary System by yemmit90: 5:51pm On Feb 15
LordIsaac:

You dey mind them, parliamentary system that will be even more expensive than the current stupid presidential one.

Regionalism or FG and 774 local governments administrations is the way out

1 Like

Re: Elder Statesman, Aminu Dantata Backs Transition To Parliamentary System by Bukola94: 6:47pm On Feb 15
ifytrik:
They will never do this
Re: Elder Statesman, Aminu Dantata Backs Transition To Parliamentary System by toujurs: 6:59pm On Feb 15
Just look at this fool, i still wonder how sane humans were forced to live with these aboki northerners.
Re: Elder Statesman, Aminu Dantata Backs Transition To Parliamentary System by DIVINEEVIDENCE: 7:12pm On Feb 15
Raf4:

Which region slavishly supported them to form government b4 independence and subsequently (1st & 2nd republic)?
Which region supported them to form government in 1979 and 1983?
Which region massively voted for them in June 12, 1993?
Selective cum deliberate dementia at play.

Comprehension is your problem.

Which region has ever fielded and supported visibly incompetent politicians from their region to be presidents other than those two I mentioned?
Re: Elder Statesman, Aminu Dantata Backs Transition To Parliamentary System by Cromagnon: 7:33pm On Feb 15
LordIsaac:
we have 37 regions
In fact 774
Re: Elder Statesman, Aminu Dantata Backs Transition To Parliamentary System by Cromagnon: 7:34pm On Feb 15
ifytrik:
But you used coup because parliamentary didn't favour you
It's the ppl not the system that's the problem
Re: Elder Statesman, Aminu Dantata Backs Transition To Parliamentary System by Cromagnon: 7:39pm On Feb 15
DIVINEEVIDENCE:
Restructure Nigeria back to regionalism.

We have 37 of not 774 regions
What did you benefit from them

Let the indigenous peoples develop with their peculiarity and grow through healthy competition with other regions.

What is stopping them now?

In a regional system, the North would perfect their mining and Agriculture, the SouthEast and South-South their oil and gas exploration; the middle Belt, food production and processing and our refineries would have been working by now.

What do states from perfecting mining, agric and processing now?

The land-grabbing being perpetrated by the Fulani in the Benue would have been deemed an act of aggression and would have been curtailed by now.

Why hasn't it been deemed now?

Its only in a federal system that the North would foist the brain-dead Buhari on Nigeria and the SouthWest support a microphone-licking great grandfather Tinubu to be president.

How was he foisted
He ran
He won
You had no better candidate

In a regional system of government, these men would have been relegated to merely entertaining courtesy calls by visiting politicians who felt nice and polite.
in a your state, no be these men dey run things
You really think a piece of paper will change that?

You too funny

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Asks Court To Remove Defecting Governors / Osinbajo Launches End Child Marriage In Nigeria Program / Inauguration Of APGA Governorship Campaign For Soludo In Awka (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.