Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,487 members, 7,816,153 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

Plant Pepper Early And Make Good Money - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Plant Pepper Early And Make Good Money (736 Views)

I Want To Plant Pepper / How Can One Make Good Money From Spinach Farming? / Self-Driving Tractors & Drone Plant & Harvest Crops In UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Plant Pepper Early And Make Good Money by Adekunleeeee: 1:29pm On Feb 15
Without doubt the most lucrative crop with early returns is pepper.(Atarodo in Yoruba language)
In South West pepper is always a scarce commodity in ,the month of May, June and July.
50kg of pepper sells between N40,000 and N50,000.during this period.
With good management ,you can harvest minimum of 5 bags every 5days in one acre This roughly put is 30bags per month.At a very low price of N30,000,you will make minimum of N900,000.00 per acre in one month.Harvest is for minimum of 4months .
Transplanting has commenced, don't be left out
Re: Plant Pepper Early And Make Good Money by okoroemeka(m): 1:53pm On Feb 15
Adekunleeeee:
Without doubt the most lucrative crop with early returns is pepper.(Atarodo in Yoruba language)
In South West pepper is always a scarce commodity in ,the month of May, June and July.
With good management ,you can harvest minimum of 5 bags every 5days in one acre This roughly put is 30bags per month.At a very low price of N30,000,you will make minimum of N900,000.00 per acre in one month.Harvest is for minimum of 4months .
if you are harvesting 5 bags of pepper from one acre then that farmer does not know what he or she is doing
Re: Plant Pepper Early And Make Good Money by Smug4real(m): 10:31pm On Feb 15
okoroemeka:
if you are harvesting 5 bags of pepper from one acre then that farmer does not know what he or she is doing

You mean it should be more than that?
I'm preparing to go into farming full time in Ogun State and would like pointers.

I'm interested in cassava, but would also like to plant another crop that won't take long to harvest.
Thanks as I await your response.
Re: Plant Pepper Early And Make Good Money by Redomi(m): 11:15pm On Feb 15
Hope it's not too late to do nursery on Monday
Re: Plant Pepper Early And Make Good Money by Adekunleeeee: 3:51am On Feb 16
Monday is not late for the Nursery but please ensure good water management because of the present weather condition
Re: Plant Pepper Early And Make Good Money by Adekunleeeee: 3:57am On Feb 16
Maize,okro and tomato are good for quick money.The good news is that you can plant these crops alongside your cassava

If you must plant tomato in your cassava farm alow your tomato to start flowering before you plant the cassava
Re: Plant Pepper Early And Make Good Money by okoroemeka(m): 6:33am On Feb 16
Smug4real:

You mean it should be more than that?
I'm preparing to go into farming full time in Ogun State and would like pointers.

I'm interested in cassava, but would also like to plant another crop that won't take long to harvest.
Thanks as I await your response.
I supervised an acre pepper farm for a new farmer last year with a total population of 2500 crops and an average weekly harvest of 25-30 bags but the crop was super habanero f1 and red scorpion varieties

1 Like

Re: Plant Pepper Early And Make Good Money by excanny: 10:06am On Feb 16
I need someone experienced who can help me grow a pepper farm of 2 acres. Reach me via WhatsApp 0703059598. Let me know all you need and let's do the breakdown.
Re: Plant Pepper Early And Make Good Money by AmbFmk: 11:07am On Feb 16
I'm interested in this.

How much can one make on 2 plots of land.

How can I get the seed?

How do I do the nursery?
Re: Plant Pepper Early And Make Good Money by Smug4real(m): 8:33pm On Feb 16
okoroemeka:
I supervised an acre pepper farm for a new farmer last year with a total population of 2500 crops and an average weekly harvest of 25-30 bags but the crop was super habanero f1 and red scorpion varieties
Wow that's amazing. I guess pepper is the real deal. Maybe going for it won't be a bad idea🤔

The idea is to farm cassava and 2 other crops that can be harvested within 4 months.
Since I'm a first timer, I've secured 3 acres for a start...I have intentions of adding 1 more or 2 as time goes on.
Re: Plant Pepper Early And Make Good Money by Smug4real(m): 8:38pm On Feb 16
Adekunleeeee:
Maize,okro and tomato are good for quick money.The good news is that you can plant these crops alongside your cassava

If you must plant tomato in your cassava farm alow your tomato to start flowering before you plant the cassava

Thanks for the suggestion.
Hope I can get improved seeds in Ogun State
Re: Plant Pepper Early And Make Good Money by Sanbuchi: 1:52am On Feb 17
Adekunleeeee:

Good morning brother.
If you don't mind, I would like to discuss with you. Can you please drop you contact. Thanks
Re: Plant Pepper Early And Make Good Money by Succezcard(m): 11:44am On Feb 17
Pls guys keep this thread alive. Many other like me have alot to learn. Drop contacts, emails, etc, let's get connected, share ideas. Let's beat the economic reality without complains but smart and hardwork. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Plant Pepper Early And Make Good Money by RavagedHeart: 1:41pm On Feb 17
Succezcard:
Pls guys keep this thread alive. Many other like me have alot to learn. Drop contacts, emails, etc, let's get connected, share ideas. Let's beat the economic reality without complains but smart and hardwork. Thanks.

How do you now sell the large quantity of pepper?
Re: Plant Pepper Early And Make Good Money by Mrdellychy: 10:05pm On Feb 17
okoroemeka:

okoroemeka:

Chief, the OP is using 50kg flour bag as obtainable in the SW while you are using 25kg feed bag as obtainable in the SE. If we are to translate his 10bags per week ( @5bags per every 5days) into your feed bag, that will amount to 15 bags (1.5 feed bag makes 1 flour bag).
I also think the OP refers to off peak period cos he used the word 'minimum' (not average). At the peak harvest, it could rise above 25 feed bags. You said you planted super habanero f1, the choice of cultivar can also make the difference.

I read a pepper thread by Somto which hit the front page some couple of weeks ago. In the thread, he claimed he planted 2,500 stand of super habanero same like the one you supervised, and he harvested 13 feed bags per week at peak and 4 bags at off peak periods. Meanwhile, you as a pro, you got 25 to 30 bags. Can you see that the OP here still try with his min 15 bags weekly?

1 Like

Re: Plant Pepper Early And Make Good Money by Redomi(m): 10:36pm On Feb 17
Adekunleeeee:
Monday is not late for the Nursery but please ensure good water management because of the present weather condition
Thank you sir, fortunately I did the nursery yesterday (Friday) there is a stream beside my farm that never run dry, that's what I use during dry season and I also have two plastic watering can
Re: Plant Pepper Early And Make Good Money by okoroemeka(m): 6:37am On Feb 19
Mrdellychy:

Chief, the OP is using 50kg flour bag as obtainable in the SW while you are using 25kg feed bag as obtainable in the SE. If we are to translate his 10bags per week ( @5bags per every 5days) into your feed bag, that will amount to 15 bags (1.5 feed bag makes 1 flour bag).
I also think the OP refers to off peak period cos he used the word 'minimum' (not average). At the peak harvest, it could rise above 25 feed bags. You said you planted super habanero f1, the choice of cultivar can also make the difference.

I read a pepper thread by Somto which hit the front page some couple of weeks ago. In the thread, he claimed he planted 2,500 stand of super habanero same like the one you supervised, and he harvested 13 feed bags per week at peak and 4 bags at off peak periods. Meanwhile, you as a pro, you got 25 to 30 bags. Can you see that the OP here still try with his min 15 bags weekly?

if he got such farm now it will be more than trying,he is a champion,that flour bag is now retailing wholesale for #50k per bag and still climbing.

1 Like

Re: Plant Pepper Early And Make Good Money by Smug4real(m): 12:19am On Feb 24
Mrdellychy:

Thanks for the clarification.
I guess what this means is that, things like variety of seeds planted and the effectiveness of the farming processes used plays a part on yield.

I know I'm lacking in knowledge - but I'm determined to make it in farming. I'm therefore keeping an open mind to learn and put it to practice.
I would like to use this opportunity to thank all the people contributing on this thread.
THANKS

Re: Plant Pepper Early And Make Good Money by Gadgetmobil(m): 6:55pm On Feb 24
okoroemeka:

The Grandmaster has Spoken

Hear ye him!!!
Re: Plant Pepper Early And Make Good Money by Philistine(m): 6:52pm On Feb 25
Great
Re: Plant Pepper Early And Make Good Money by joyousever(f): 11:22pm On Feb 25
I've always been interested in farming, I don't know how to secure an empty land for it, because I'm in Lagos and not my state. I'll appreciate any guidelines from anyone here on how to secure a land for it.
Re: Plant Pepper Early And Make Good Money by AmbFmk: 7:48am On Feb 26
Hello, I have decided to try out pepper farming on my just secured 2plots of land. I want to ask, is it not too late to start the pepper nursery early March?

(1) (Reply)

Can Agriculture Alone Fund Both Corruption And Development In Nigeria? / Bean Polishing Machine Has Vital Meaning In Bean Processing / White And Yellow Corn For Sale And Supply To Company And Individual Is Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.