Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,499 members, 7,823,167 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

Nigerian Singer, Mish Is Dead (Photo) - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigerian Singer, Mish Is Dead (Photo) (61598 Views)

Afrocandy's Mother Is Dead (Photo) / Tiwa Savage's Father Is Dead (Photo) / Nollywood Actor, Victor Decker Is Dead (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Singer, Mish Is Dead (Photo) by EdiskyHarry: 7:22pm On Feb 16
Sad.
Akwa ibom ayaya, the greatest song in Nigeria as at 2011-2012
Re: Nigerian Singer, Mish Is Dead (Photo) by DissTroy(m): 9:57pm On Feb 16
Katcall:
he sang and relocate. He's not a true son of his state. By the way, is akwaibom and cross of the ancestor?

Akwa Ibom State is chiefly Ibibio tribe. The Annangs, Oros, Ekids, and Uruans are all Ibibio subethnicities.

The Efiks of Cross River State who own Calabar and some parts of Cross River are an Ibibio subethnicity. of the Uruan who are an Ibibio subset.

So, yes, in many ways.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Singer, Mish Is Dead (Photo) by ibibiogrl: 1:58am On Feb 20
DissTroy:

Akwa Ibom State is chiefly Ibibio tribe. The Annangs, Oros, Ekids, and Uruans are all Ibibio subethnicities.
The Efiks of Cross River State who own Calabar and some parts of Cross River are an Ibibio subethnicity. of the Uruan who are an Ibibio subset.
So, yes, in many ways.
@Katcall
Not true Efik & Oron migrated from Cameroun area Usakedet, while Annangs migrated through Ghana which is the origin of their name. They both migrated to the ibibio region.
This thread explains more details.
https://www.nairaland.com/609355/whats-major-differance-igbo-people

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Singer, Mish Is Dead (Photo) by DissTroy(m): 2:02pm On Feb 20
ibibiogrl:

@Katcall
Not true Efik & Oron migrated from Cameroun area Usakedet, while Annangs migrated through Ghana which is the origin of their name. They both migrated to the ibibio region.
This thread explains more details.

Wrong!

Efik people are a subset of the Uruan people who are in turn a subethnicty of Ibibio. Efik or Efuk isn't even their original name. How dare you twist their history? Do you know the Efiks and Uruans speak the same variant of Ibibio, and the Efiks still go to Uruan to pay homage, including the Obong of Calabar?

The Oro (not Oron - Oron is a subset (1 LGA) of the Oro people (5 LGAs) ) - and the Efiks and the Uruans are related. That's why Efik culture is an exact replica of Uruan culture, including cuisines, marital rites, Ekpe cult, e.t.c.

The Ibibio comprise of Northern Ibibio (Annangs), Southern and others which includes the Uruans, what is today known as the Efik, the Oros, the Ekids, the Ikot Abasis, the Iman clans which spread to become Etinan, Ubium and the likes.

Annangs, Oros, Uruans, Efuks, and Ekids are subethnicities of Ibibio. Only the Ibenos and Eastern Obolos are different - they are historically migrant Ijaw fishermen who morphed with the Ibibios.

Go read about the Ibibio - Arochukwu war at Ibom. Parts of us migrated into Cameroon, not the other way round.

-----

I don't know you but I can give you my full names. I and my team have been building the biggest digital repository of Akwa Ibom history, culture, people, and more. I've been in touch with professors of history from Akwa Ibom, been given access to these books, and still consult with them. The first of its kind in Akwa Ibom.

I did something similar for my LGA in October, 2020, and it involved a deep dive into Ibibio culture with partnerships from some Akwa Ibom historians. The first of its kind.

This Saturday, there's one of such meeting with these historians and even a book review by one (in the corridors of power). I hope I'd be back in time for it physically since I am part of the organizers. I'm careful not to reveal too much on Nairaland. Nigeria is unsafe else I'd have mentioned specific names and venue.

Don't insult me with such hogwash and countering with lies. I don't just post - I live up to what I post. You better be a proper Ibibio girl and learn our history, culture, and more properly; and be involved in projects to promote it.

Like I stated, if you will do same, I'd give my full names so you cross-check. Then I'd mention high-ranking popular Akwa Ibom historians and some in the corridors of power you can confirm my name from.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Singer, Mish Is Dead (Photo) by ibibiogrl: 4:22am On Mar 02
DissTroy:

Wrong!
Efik people are a subset of the Uruan people who are in turn a subethnicty of Ibibio. Efik or Efuk isn't even their original name. How dare you twist their history? Do you know the Efiks and Uruans speak the same variant of Ibibio, and the Efiks still go to Uruan to pay homage, including the Obong of Calabar?
The Oro (not Oron - Oron is a subset (1 LGA) of the Oro people (5 LGAs) ) - and the Efiks and the Uruans are related. That's why Efik culture is an exact replica of Uruan culture, including cuisines, marital rites, Ekpe cult, e.t.c.
The Ibibio comprise of Northern Ibibio (Annangs), Southern and others which includes the Uruans, what is today known as the Efik, the Oros, the Ekids, the Ikot Abasis, the Iman clans which spread to become Etinan, Ubium and the likes.
Annangs, Oros, Uruans, Efuks, and Ekids are subethnicities of Ibibio. Only the Ibenos and Eastern Obolos are different - they are historically migrant Ijaw fishermen who morphed with the Ibibios.
Go read about the Ibibio - Arochukwu war at Ibom. Parts of us migrated into Cameroon, not the other way round.
I don't know you but I can give you my full names. I and my team have been building the biggest digital repository of Akwa Ibom history, culture, people, and more. I've been in touch with professors of history from Akwa Ibom, been given access to these books, and still consult with them. The first of its kind in Akwa Ibom.
I did something similar for my LGA in October, 2020, and it involved a deep dive into Ibibio culture with partnerships from some Akwa Ibom historians. The first of its kind.
This Saturday, there's one of such meeting with these historians and even a book review by one (in the corridors of power). I hope I'd be back in time for it physically since I am part of the organizers. I'm careful not to reveal too much on Nairaland. Nigeria is unsafe else I'd have mentioned specific names and venue.
Did you actually READ the thread that I link of the Thread that I attached at the end โ“
Because if you didn't then it's a pure Waste of my time. angry
I already explained in that thread that I'm %100 Ibibio but I grew up in Calabar (EFIK) and Abak (Annang).
So I'm talking from the perspective of interaction with these people and experiencing their traditions.
It was an Annang indigene that started this thread asking the question.
I will post screenshot from the thread as example.

You're not meeting with true historians if they are lying to you that Annangs are western Ibibios, or that Uruan have the Exact same traditions as EFIK, when not even all of Uruan had interaction or share some cultures with Efiks. It's mainly Adadia Uruan and others like that I will post screenshot..
Nsukara Uyo is part of offot, which is my clan. They are the last village in Uyo neighboring to Uruan.

Thank God it's not like 13yrs ago when I was trying to explain, now wikipedia has contacted the real historians of Efiks and Annangs to write their history.
Because I was arguing with a Ghanaian who was in charge of the language section of wikipedia then 13yrs ago, that Annangs was a different ethnic group from ibibio.
He was the one that listed Annang as western Ibibios, EFIK and Oron as riverine Ibibio. Which U are using as your reference today ๐Ÿ™„
A Ghanaian who is not Nigerian doesn't even know any details, but use another clueless white man Greenberg as his reference.
He was the one also that combined Efik and Ibibio language= Efik-ibibio, without including Annang, that has more native speakers than Efik.

Re: Nigerian Singer, Mish Is Dead (Photo) by ibibiogrl: 5:12am On Mar 02
DissTroy:

I don't know you but I can give you my full names. I and my team have been building the biggest digital repository of Akwa Ibom history, culture, people, and more. I've been in tou
There's Nothing like Akwa Ibom historians, when you are meeting with frauds angry Seems like you don't even know ibibio language.๐Ÿ˜
1st of all each ethnicity like Annangs, Orons, Ekid(Eket) have their own history, which U can only understand if you understand their language.
Let me ask you a question โ” Why do Efik share cultures with Ejaghams, who's land stretch from Nigeria to Cameroun if they came from Uruan โ“
Yet Uruan doesn't have any relationship with Ejagham. Even Orons share cultures with Ejagham & cultures including dressing with another group that are between Cameroun & Congo Balondo
Let me tell you that I not only speak Ibibio, but I speak Efik, Annang and %50 Oron, because I grew in a compound with an Oron family, & I understand more since their language is similar to Efik. I also know %30 Eket because my uncle's wife is from there, she taught me a bit, while I learn a bit from the similarities to Ibibio.
Ibibios & EFIK barely understand Annang, but I do and speak these languages. Arochukwu should not be a part of these conversations, because they only relationship they have to ibibio is living on stolen ibibio lands.
They are related to Ejagham, because a sub-group of Ejagham called Akpa help them to steal their ibibio masters idol Ibritam, which made their ibibio masters to abandoned the Ibom land to Arochukwu.
U should just read my history, do you know how much insults, I would have received from Efiks and Annangs if I told fake histories. But Most Especially how much Insults I've STOPPED from Efiks, Annangs & Orons accusing my Ibibio ancestors of stealing their cultures & calling them Ibibio ๐Ÿ˜ก
When it's Frauds like you who are not even Ibibio
that are postingg these Fake histories on nairaland sad
Just because France, Spain & Italy speak similar romance languages. Does that mean that they have the same Origin
Since you are too lazy to read, I've posted screenshots from the thread that I explained details, including screenshot from wikipedia, where the true historians tell their history.

Re: Nigerian Singer, Mish Is Dead (Photo) by ibibiogrl: 5:51am On Mar 02
@Disstroy
Since you refused to READ, I will post more screenshots from the history pages you should read.
Orons say that they're related to Ibeno & Obolo.๐Ÿคจ
Do you know that Efik fought a war with Uruan, which was the final straw, that made them to leave Uruan ๐Ÿค”

Some Uruan pursued to retrieve back their stolen royal properties, and killed some Efiks in the process, which is a major reason that Efiks do not trust Ibibios, yet Efik originated from Uruan according to your Historians ๐Ÿ™„
After the Efik had settled at Ikpa Ene, a party of men from Uruan arrived there.[27] The men were wet and complained of hunger and fatigue.[27] Having pity on these men, the Efik gave them food and showed them hospitality.[27] At night when everyone had gone to sleep, the men from Uruan rose up and began to slaughter their hosts.[32] When the Efik realised what was going on, they rose and fought back.
A captured invader confessed that they were set to retrieve royal emblems which they believed the Efik had taken with them when they left Uruan. The items believed to have been taken include Ikpaya (woven raffia robe), Akata (throne) and Ayang (Broom).[33] Oku attests that it was the attack on the Efik that made them decide to leave Ikpa Ene, as they realised they were still too close to their enemies.[27] Aye argues that the Efik could not have taken the royal emblem of the Uruan people as they would have already had their own royal emblem.[32]
The Uruan invasion at Ikpa Ene is believed to be the origin of the Efik saying, "Ama okut Ibibio, ku nแป enye ikaรฑ, Idem amasat Ibibio eyewot owo"'(or English: When you see Ibibio do not give him fire(to warm himself), when he is dry he will kill you).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Efik_people

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anaang_people

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ekoi_people

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oron_people

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Destiny Etiko Sits On Pete Edochie's Lap; Fans React / Kemi Olunloyo Dressed As Pregnant Linda Ikeji For Halloween / Maternity Photoshoot Of Toyin Lawani With Her Son (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.