Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,627 members, 7,813,065 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:12 AM

If You Parents Called You This Name Then You Are A Legend. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / If You Parents Called You This Name Then You Are A Legend. (138 Views)

Somina Oje - A Legend That Still Lives / Abacha Is Truly A Legend: He Is The First Nigerian Soldier To Have Achieved This / VIDEO: Legend Of Killwee - The Igbo Hercules Who Was So Strong And Respected (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

If You Parents Called You This Name Then You Are A Legend. by Belial06: 8:20pm On Feb 15
Dundee United ! = Idiot in Nigeria
You are a Dundee !! grin🤣🤣🤣 = you are an idiot

Iyeme used to call me this as a young lad 🤣🤣🤣

See if you were called Dundee by anyone close to you, then brother or sister you must be married by now with 2 or 3 kids if not then something is very wrong 🤣🤣🤣

But how did this abuse that is also the name of a Scottish football start trending in Nigeria as an abuse since in the early 1970s ?

Oya let me tell you
3 weeks ago
Being a complete dundee united singularly is something else😂😂😂😂

Dundee United, a Scottish football club, is a slang for idiots in Nigeria because the Scottish club went on a pre season tour in Nigeria and performed badly.

It was a two-week period, between the end of May and the start of June, 1972

Nigeria had never qualified for the FIFA World Cup or AFCON at that time. The Nigerian Football League had just been formed.

A Dundee Player, Kenny Cameron said hyenas and vultures were part of the committee that welcomed them at the Kano airport. He also complained about stomach bugs in the squad, traffic jams and post office strikes.

This angered the Nigerian media and fans. The media responded by saying Dundee United played amateur football. grin

On the pitch, they were matched against small teams and unfortunately, they were underwhelming, drawing 2-2 with Stationery Stores on 27 May 1972

Followed by a 1-0 win against Benin Vipers on the 31st. That, however, was to mark the high point of the visit – Dundee United lost 2-0 to Enugu Rangers on 3rd June, in a match played in front of 35,000 people, before drawing 1-1 with Mighty Jets on 7 June, and then ending the whole sorry affair with a 4-1 hammering at the hands of Stationery Stores.

grin🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Who laughed last?

(1) (Reply)

Please Reconnect Me With This My Long Lost Friend / Lumion 13.6 Pro Crack With Serial Key Free Version / Website For Sale Dm Me Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.