Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,979 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

Food Crisis: No Plan To Establish Price Control Board - Tinubu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Food Crisis: No Plan To Establish Price Control Board - Tinubu (10713 Views)

GOOD NEWS | Price Control Board Has Been Established By Tinubu's Government / Naira Crisis: No Respite As CBN Sets To Review S’court Judgment On March 20 / FCT, 20 States May Face Food Crisis, Starvation Later This Year (Full List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Food Crisis: No Plan To Establish Price Control Board - Tinubu by anonymous1759(m): 8:42am On Feb 16
popcykaylah:
lol 😆.. since 1960? Even when nigeria had capable, responsible & compassionate leaders e no work .. na now wey naija get thieves in power ? By the way how old are you?

I’m optimistic it’s better that way than being pessimistic. If Nigeria had compassionate leaders in the 70’s Fela wouldn’t be signing …
What made Nigeria looked better then was the structure laid by British, military came and started killing it gradually those structures lasted till 1999 before things started going south.

1 Like

Re: Food Crisis: No Plan To Establish Price Control Board - Tinubu by sorepco(m): 8:43am On Feb 16
Most French former colonies have price control boards. There is an official price for fuel..beer...rice...gas..
Most products consumed by the masses. If your prices go beyond you shall be shut and fined!

nazicartel:
All these try and luck system of govt ehh. Was he planning to fix a general amount for commodities ?.... It has never worked anywhere....
It's funny that this man don't want us to import foods. Our market and locally produced foods are very expensive and can't sustain the country nah

2 Likes

Re: Food Crisis: No Plan To Establish Price Control Board - Tinubu by YourKarma: 8:49am On Feb 16
Where are those animals who were rejoicing on the other thread claiming Tinubu knows what he's doing?

Oya make una line up to collect 20 strokes of koboko each
Re: Food Crisis: No Plan To Establish Price Control Board - Tinubu by zoedew: 9:02am On Feb 16
Good01:

https://punchng.com/food-crisis-no-plan-to-establish-price-control-board-says-tinubu/?amp
This man is not listening to sound advice and will lose the next Presidential Elections if he continues this way. It is elementary that when a food crisis occurs the price must receive Government intervention to deal with the resultant effect of price increase arising from demand and supply fallouts. The formula is 1.Gather in what is available by government buying them from the farmers at a good price that will encourage them to produce more. 2. Ensure access for the people to what is available by regulating prices of the commodities. 3. Provide security for farmers to go back to the farmers by introducing "locate and kill" measures in dealing with banditry, terrorism and allied security challenges. The next harvest season should be better. e.t.c.
Re: Food Crisis: No Plan To Establish Price Control Board - Tinubu by PHAYOL81: 9:37am On Feb 16
Noted
Re: Food Crisis: No Plan To Establish Price Control Board - Tinubu by Passionate1(m): 9:39am On Feb 16
Hold on let me process this shittttt

Re: Food Crisis: No Plan To Establish Price Control Board - Tinubu by ufuosman(m): 9:41am On Feb 16
anonymous1759:
grin my president that I voted for , please don't disappoint , I wish you luck , all wishers of bad luck for Nigeria will be put to shame , they'll lick their wounds and bite the dust just like they did during and post election. I know you're fighting the northern cabals via policies you're a smart leader and a brave one . God bless Nigeria if you lay curses on Nigeria while in Nigeria it'll bounce back it's not a curse.
Northern cabals 😂😂😂😂😂 abeg u funny
Re: Food Crisis: No Plan To Establish Price Control Board - Tinubu by ufuosman(m): 9:45am On Feb 16
No plan for day one
Re: Food Crisis: No Plan To Establish Price Control Board - Tinubu by Love800(m): 10:27am On Feb 16
I dont understand u.

So in essensce, u are supporting what he said.

For clearance purposes can u clarify what was written up there in this post? I understood only a little.

Am sure dis relates with floating of naira too. Am i correct?
Yusufisraelj:

How are you reasoning at all, this is a very sensible move.

When you regulate food prices, you kill the incentive to farm and do business in agriculture, by doing so you kill the agricultural sector for good.

When you open the border for importation you give foreign exchange priority: Dollar might get to 5,000. The food prices will still be high and your agricultural sector will still be dead because at the end of the day some people will buy foreign rather than local.
Re: Food Crisis: No Plan To Establish Price Control Board - Tinubu by AuwalYusuf812(m): 10:51am On Feb 16
Good01:

https://punchng.com/food-crisis-no-plan-to-establish-price-control-board-says-tinubu/?amp
then it's time for massive protect, let him come down,he has nothing to offer.

We tell them this man has nothing to offer this land
Re: Food Crisis: No Plan To Establish Price Control Board - Tinubu by AuwalYusuf812(m): 10:53am On Feb 16
anonymous1759:
grin my president that I voted for , please don't disappoint , I wish you luck , all wishers of bad luck for Nigeria will be put to shame , they'll lick their wounds and bite the dust just like they did during and post election. I know you're fighting the northern cabals via policies you're a smart leader and a brave one . God bless Nigeria if you lay curses on Nigeria while in Nigeria it'll bounce back it's not a curse.
may tunda strk and kill you
Re: Food Crisis: No Plan To Establish Price Control Board - Tinubu by AuwalYusuf812(m): 10:56am On Feb 16
This man is more worst than bubu. Military to take over government soon
Re: Food Crisis: No Plan To Establish Price Control Board - Tinubu by anonymous1759(m): 11:02am On Feb 16
AuwalYusuf812:
may tunda strk and kill you

Ha you know Dey fear ? Use that same mouth return those courses if you wan experience what you wish others out of frustration no be me make you Dey miserable.

1 Like

Re: Food Crisis: No Plan To Establish Price Control Board - Tinubu by Catapault: 11:02am On Feb 16
anonymous1759:

I’m optimistic it’s better that way than being pessimistic. If Nigeria had compassionate leaders in the 70’s Fela wouldn’t be signing …
What made Nigeria looked better then was the structure laid by British, military came and started killing it gradually those structures lasted till 1999 before things started going south.

The “structure laid by the British” did not teach the BRITISH-TRAINED military boys that it’s wrong to stage military coups, ba?

Idiot.

Mr “structure laid by British”.

Na that structure dey f.uck us up here, so stuff it.

Una people no get structure before them come?

Follow follow..

In ‘Teacher Don’t Teach Me Nonsense’, the great Fela sang

“Oyinbo teach us many things, but dem no teach say for England, army no fit take over”.
Re: Food Crisis: No Plan To Establish Price Control Board - Tinubu by Exceed15: 11:04am On Feb 16
anonymous1759:

Story.....Tinubu till 2098 sef. Ur suffering is just beginning.
Re: Food Crisis: No Plan To Establish Price Control Board - Tinubu by AuwalYusuf812(m): 11:06am On Feb 16
anonymous1759:

Ha you know Dey fear ? Use that same mouth return those courses if you wan experience what you wish others out of frustration no be me make you Dey miserable.
people like u be our problem for dis lnd. U way supposed be a peace maker
Re: Food Crisis: No Plan To Establish Price Control Board - Tinubu by anonymous1759(m): 11:16am On Feb 16
Catapault:

The “structure laid by the British” did not teach the BRITISH-TRAINED military boys that it’s wrong to stage military coups, ba?

Idiot.

Mr “structure laid by British”.

Na that structure dey Bleep us up here, so stuff it.

Una people no get structure before them come?

Why you mumu like this ? Same economic structure South Africa Dey enjoy was laid by the Netherlands.
Nigeria Military take over just to have power without economic directive .
If you no get sense or exposure don’t quote people and disgrace yourself.

Ask South Africans who runs their economy when it was booming before you come here and talk nonsense BigHead.
How much was $1- # In 1960 when the British left before your military took over?

Like I said before if The country had good leadership in the 70’s fela wouldn’t be singing he knew where the country was heading.
British was gaining from Nigeria and still gaining till date , but they’re not stopping our leaders to make life better for their citizens.

2 Likes

Re: Food Crisis: No Plan To Establish Price Control Board - Tinubu by anonymous1759(m): 11:18am On Feb 16
Exceed15:

Story.....Tinubu till 2098 sef. Ur suffering is just beginning.

Na you Dey suffer

1 Like

Re: Food Crisis: No Plan To Establish Price Control Board - Tinubu by anonymous1759(m): 11:19am On Feb 16
AuwalYusuf812:
people like u be our problem for dis lnd. U way supposed be a peace maker

Why you go wish person death ☠️ Unto Wetin ? Learn to respect people’s opinion it’s called maturity.
I don’t support LGBT but I don’t wish them death , I respect their rights , but if they try to choke it on me Is when I’ll stand up for myself.

1 Like

Re: Food Crisis: No Plan To Establish Price Control Board - Tinubu by MrNipplesLover(m): 11:34am On Feb 16
Tinubu is a clueless motherfvcker...

This man has no sense of ruling...

Bastard!

E no go better for u...
Re: Food Crisis: No Plan To Establish Price Control Board - Tinubu by insabarnur(m): 1:02pm On Feb 16
The Nigerian story.!!!!!
The Last supper before the outbreak!!!!
The ego that birth the Fall.
Re: Food Crisis: No Plan To Establish Price Control Board - Tinubu by Exceed15: 1:15pm On Feb 16
anonymous1759:

Na you Dey suffer

Looooooool
Re: Food Crisis: No Plan To Establish Price Control Board - Tinubu by lorhema(f): 2:05pm On Feb 16
JB4life:
Tinubu knows that price control is not possible for commodities not produced by government,just like telling private universities how much they will charge as school fees.

Second , importation of food is not easy nowadays, because of extremely high cost of USD making imported food to be far more expensive than locally produced ones .

If there were cheaper foods out there ,then there would have been no exporting of foods like maize, soyabeans, beniseed, etc.

Solution to Nigerian economic crisis is increased security, aggressive production of goods and services, especially farm products, and curbing corruption.

May God have mercy on us.

Amen.
Re: Food Crisis: No Plan To Establish Price Control Board - Tinubu by pacespot(m): 6:29pm On Feb 16
This is how this fraudulent man will back out on the plan to create state police. They will soon deny it. Who cursed Nigeria like this?
Re: Food Crisis: No Plan To Establish Price Control Board - Tinubu by popcykaylah(m): 7:30pm On Feb 16
And your god fther recked the whole nation totally
anonymous1759:

Re: Food Crisis: No Plan To Establish Price Control Board - Tinubu by Yusufisraelj(m): 8:17pm On Feb 16
theredaddy:

How does opening our land border give priority to "Almighty Dollar" ...

Is it that you don't know or you forgot Nigeria transacts with neighbouring countries in their local currencies before ....e.g to buy items from contonuo you convert to cepha and even ghana you convert to cedis, back then "dollar" didnt monopolize our market/economic

Before now Nigerian land borders were open, food items among other things were very cheap and Naira was more valuable than cepha or cedis but since we closed our land borders, what have gained

almost everything come in through the seaport that gives so much credence to dollar as means of payment

True you have a point, I've forgotten regional trade.

The challenge actually with opening the border is that local production will be relegated, a dangerous precedence.
Re: Food Crisis: No Plan To Establish Price Control Board - Tinubu by Cromagnon: 8:20am On Feb 17
RepoMan007:
fuel and gas subsidy should be traded for assisted import is what I meant.

what is assisted import
Subsidy is for product not trade

I never said or implied any of your vain imaginations your stupidly attributed to me in order to vent your election frustrations.
yeah you did
You're the one lamenting

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Can Be Done To Stop The Flooding In Lagos? / PDP Battles Ghost Workers, Pays Staff In Cash / Why We Need N222 Billion To Conduct Nigeria’s 2018 Census – NPC Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.