Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,184 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting (26236 Views)

Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion / 'I Prayed To God, Did Dry Fasting To Cast Out The Spirit Of Homosexuality / Is it encouraging to do dry Fasting, with the risk involve (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by Galaxy7: 8:53pm On Nov 11, 2011
As a christian,fasting is good for your spiritual growth but should be moderate.When one fast more than he should,he may not even have the strength of talking to God in prayer.
   Let us know the difference between fasting and starving
   {1} It should come from your heart to fast in the very first place and not because you were told to fast
   {2}High amount of holiness is important when you fast because the holy life you live is what that will draw God's attention and not the fasting.Fasting is all about
        subduing the power of flesh so that the spirit of God in you will take control
  {3} Anoint your head so that the closest person will not notice what you are doing
   {4}Give arms to the needy and avoid talking too much
  {5} make sure you are in good terms with every body so that your prayers will not be hindered
   {Don't fast for so long so that you have strength of talking to God

Apart from these you are starving.
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by manmustwac(m): 9:02pm On Nov 11, 2011
If she had survived and had a girl then it would've been glory be to god halleluyah praise the lord then plant a seed and do thanksgiving but since she died pastor will do his best to sweep it under the carpet and keep it quiet because its bad for business

Pastor will never even announce during church service that someone died as a result of fasting its only the success stories that you'll hear which happen to be few in comparison to those that are not

1 Like

Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by Galaxy7: 9:11pm On Nov 11, 2011
See,woe betide those that merchandise with the name of God claiming they were sent when they were not sent
misleading people with their myopic understanding of heavenly rules
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by rivie0020: 9:33pm On Nov 11, 2011
Very sad. Nigerians are too desperate
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by dustydee: 9:59pm On Nov 11, 2011
sad, she could have adopted
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by mnwankwo(m): 10:25pm On Nov 11, 2011
jidewin:

write sursum vestri mirabilius est certus
But I need ask you, who do you say Jesus is?

Hi Jidewin. My conviction is that Jesus is the son of God. It can also be said that Jesus is God the son. Stay blessed.
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by jusbal(m): 10:52pm On Nov 11, 2011
wonders shall never end, lol.fasting is fasting, which one be dry fasting.
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by DeepSight(m): 10:55pm On Nov 11, 2011
@ nwankwo, Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! I Disagree, but, I have too much respect for you to debate this sonship thing any further. How you dey? Great, i hope!
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by jusbal(m): 11:02pm On Nov 11, 2011
manmustwac:

If she had survived and had a girl then it would've been glory be to god halleluyah praise the lord then plant a seed and do thanksgiving but since she died pastor will do his best to sweep it under the carpet and keep it quiet because its bad for business

Pastor will never even announce during church service that someone died as a result of fasting its only the success stories that you'll hear which happen to be few in comparison to those that are not
manmustwac:

manmustwac:

u are very correct,church is now a profit oriented organization.
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by mnwankwo(m): 11:20pm On Nov 11, 2011
Deep Sight:

@ nwankwo, Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! I Disagree, but, I have too much respect for you to debate this sonship thing any further. How you dey? Great, i hope!

Hi Deep Sight. I am fine. What of you? Great to see you back. Stay blessed.
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by atakiti(m): 11:24pm On Nov 11, 2011
Galaxy7:

As a christian,fasting is good for your spiritual growth but should be moderate.When one fast more than he should,he may not even have the strength of talking to God in prayer.
   Let us know the difference between fasting and starving
   {1} It should come from your heart to fast in the very first place and not because you were told to fast
   {2}High amount of holiness is important when you fast because the holy life you live is what that will draw God's attention and not the fasting.Fasting is all about
        subduing the power of flesh so that the spirit of God in you will take control
  {3} Anoint your head so that the closest person will not notice what you are doing
   {4}Give arms to the needy and avoid talking too much
  {5} make sure you are in good terms with every body so that your prayers will not be hindered
   {Don't fast for so long so that you have strength of talking to God

Apart from these you are starving.
trü tä£k
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by redsun(m): 11:35pm On Nov 11, 2011
The pains of ignorance could be scorching.
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by atakiti(m): 11:37pm On Nov 11, 2011
Na wa o! Na only Africans own dey too much. The white men will assume it is craziness for that woman to do that. But I dont blame her bcus she is an ignorance of what she was doing. Had been she understand the implication of not having enough whater in ones body she wouldnt have dug into it so deep like that. Imagine 21days
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by delpee(f): 11:49pm On Nov 11, 2011
What a pity! Always wise to look for practical solutions while praying along.  There are many options for child seeking couples these days. I remember coming across a thread on NL detailing options available to people in that situation.

Fasting by choice and praying for Gods guidance and wisdom to decipher the best steps to take works better than going by someone elses dictates. The fact is that our bodies are not the same and long fasts can be dangerous especially when dehydration sets in (i no be doctor o), just based on personal experience. BTW is there anything wrong with adoption in the worst situation?

May her soul rest in peace and may we all learn to pray, fast and communicate to God on our own. God speaks to us individually if we care to listen without bias. There are indeed men of God but a personal relationship with God makes a lot of difference in our lives.
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by Kxy(m): 12:02am On Nov 12, 2011
Hmm, There's definately something amiss.
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by redsun(m): 12:24am On Nov 12, 2011
Did she really have to do that?Dying to live.
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by Revolva(m): 1:32am On Nov 12, 2011
Ignorance is a sin.see now she is dead, now, all because she failed to use her senses
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by kHeLLiOrez(m): 3:19am On Nov 12, 2011
shocked is she skinny i dnt beliv dis story, howeva if true RIP to ha soul, d lesser population, d betta 4 d living
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by whiteroses(f): 3:34am On Nov 12, 2011
This is actually possible i'm surprised she died because the human body can survive for 30 days without anything is his tummy but fluid has t be in the system.
Don't think hunger killed her cos when the human body can't see food it will starve, your tummy will hurt like hell and is growling like a cornered dog, five days later your body will start feeding on your tummy fat, if it still did not see food, the lord is good, so your body will adjust itself to a state that all your body nutrients like fats and vitamins, glucose protein and sugar that has turned into a part of you will then start fueling your body, you might be starving like a mofo but you won't die plus i don't beleive this story tongue because she should have died on day four of no water, I know i'm sounding like a geek but its a fact humans will die after four to seven days of no water, as she woke up on morning of day one she should be thirsty as hell, morning of day two her throat should be dry and hot, day three it should have been stuck together, in the evening she should have fainted and given a drip at the hospital so either you rule not drinking out of the story or something else killed her cos she shouldn't survive one week without water
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by kooto(m): 7:28am On Nov 12, 2011
there are things missing in the posting, you can't just finnish 21days fast & die just like that!
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by texazzpete(m): 7:53am On Nov 12, 2011
No human being can survive for even half that long without water. The OP should look for another lie to tell us.
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by lastpage: 8:07am On Nov 12, 2011
@m-nwankwo
The notion that we please God by self imposed renunciation like fasting and similar things is wrong in my perception. God wills that all his creations should bubble with life and supreme joy. Suffering is not the will of God and it is antithetical to the LOVE that is in God and that is GOD. God did not create or will suffering into his creations. In heaven, the spiritual kingdom of God where the will of God reigns, suffering is non-existent. Suffering is present only in material creations including our earth and suffering came into existence as a result of the misapplication of the power of God. Man or rather the spirit that is man has the ability to draw the power of God and use it. He can use the power of God to raise himself to luminous realms of pure joy or he can can apply the power to dig his own grave. The ascent to heaven or the decent to hell lies on how we use the power that God lent to us. Simply put, suffering is  a consequence of sin and sin is simply a misapplication of the power of God. The power of God can be likened to the power entrapped in the nucleus of an atom (crude analogy). The atomic power can be used to give millions electricity but it can also be used to produce nuclear bombs.

We suffer because of our own actions or inaction. Sin also encompasses our inability to to listen to the voice of our spirit. Many a suffering including natural disasters can be avoided if we listen to the several warnings that physically invincible servants of God impress on us. Most of us have become spiritual dense that even the severest warnings makes no impression in our day consciousness. In the course of our existence spanning several incarnations on earth and in other material planes, we have misapplied the power of God so much that the fruits of our seeds bring suffering and despair instead of radiant joy. Most people cannot see beyond the present earth-life, hence we ask such questions like "why does God allow bad things to happen to good people", why do some evil men proper? Why are children borne with hereditary diseases? Why is Africa so poor and plagued with HIV, malaria, etc? Why does God allow infectious diseases and cancers to torment his creatures? and many similar questions. It will take several books to answer these questions. The underlying point is that diseases, evil, suffering etc are simply a misapplication of the laws of God in different planes of material creations.

The laws of God are not a set of rules as many think but are the intrinsic properties that is inherent in any creature, specie, creation of God. There is nothing anybody can do to change or annul these intrinsic properties. What we can do is to understand them and use them for the purpose for which the creator designed them for. In this instance we will have a harmonious union of the radiations of God which can only result in joy, inner peace and supreme happiness. If the intrinsic properties of the powers of God are misapplied, the consequence is wrongful and destructive union of radiations that can only result in disease, suffering, evil, etc. If we eat, drink, act, talk and perceive according to the intentions of God, then suffering, diseases and evil will depart from us and this earth will then be a reflection of the spiritual kingdom of God. A healthy body does not need drugs, but an unhealthy body may require drugs to  forcibly restore it to health. In a similar vein, it is only a body that has become dense that occasionally requires fasting to restore balance. But the right endeavor should be not to allow the body to become dense in the first place. Eat and drink in moderation and only take from the table of God that which God imbued with the power to nourish our bodies. All excess with food and drink must be avoided. Even in a physical sense, if we eat and drink in moderation and nourish the body with the right mixture of food and drink, the body will become the way God designed it and many an illness will be averted. Fasting brings no spiritual benefit. It is just that in bodies that have become dense, abstinence from food for a short time will give some refinement to the body, permitting it to be more susceptible to the promptings of the spirit. Continuous abstinence will be dangerous because the weakening of the body  will also result in weakened emanation from the body making it very possible for such a physical body to be subject to alien influences. In such a state it is very easy to be demonically influenced or be subject to possession by an alien disembodied spirit. Best Wishes.

I cant help but quote this again, even though it is lengthy!
God bless you real mighty for the above.
I am sure you're NOT A PASTOR but your post reminds me of the Biblical saying that "Wisdom would be (is) found
IN THE MOUTH OD BABIES! (No Offense to your person).

I recall growing up, when l was told and read in the Bible that "a man cannot wear a woman's cloth".
So, in my naivety, l asked: WHAT EXACTLY IS A MAN"S CLOTH, knowing that my Mum's wrapper is a Ghananian man's cloth and her Skirt is a Scottish man's traditional apparel!
Well, l was given a long list of Buba and Sokoto!  grin grin
Curiously, l reasoned that God's Law are UNIVERSAL and ETERNAL without boundaries and as such,
the observed discrepancy in the interpretation given by our "men of God" is completely obtuse and inadequate!

Reading the post above and how it "broke things down into simple A-B-C", is marvelous.

How l wish Pastors can preach and reason like this?
I really appreciate you for that post.

Cheers.

Lastpage

BTW: Can you please elucidate on the Term "MIRACLE" as connoted in Christian worship. Thank you.
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by FreakieMoi(m): 8:28am On Nov 12, 2011
Methink this is just a shabbily concocted tales by moonlight by the OP! 21 days dry fasting? Na real wa o!
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by ichuka(m): 8:35am On Nov 12, 2011
May her soul rest in peace,in Jesus name amen
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by Maximip(m): 9:59am On Nov 12, 2011
At least 60% of women's infertility can be traced to something they did.

Young girls should behave themselves and save themselves the heartache later in future.

Freakie_Moi:

Methink this is just a shabbily concocted tales by moonlight by the OP! 21 days dry fasting? Na real wa o!

you really have no idea what frustration can make someone do
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by 989900: 10:49am On Nov 12, 2011
Poverty+Ignorance.
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by FreakieMoi(m): 10:53am On Nov 12, 2011
Maximip:

Just how did you reach this conjectural guess-estimation? 60%? WTF!!!
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by thehomer: 11:15am On Nov 12, 2011
Maximip:

Young girls should behave themselves and save themselves the heartache later in future.

you really have no idea what frustration can make someone do

Where did you get this 60% figure from?
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by daregold: 11:30am On Nov 12, 2011
Let no man mock the woman or anybody close to her.I believe she is with the Lord.
There is no limit to spiritual exploit in God, but adequate knowledge and guidance is very important. Before going on dry fasting, your health condition has to be ok. If your dry fasting is going beyond 3 days, it is recommended that you brake with water daily, but if you have the strength you can start taking water from the 7th day. Improper braking can be disastrous especially for long fasting, it has to be light food and fruits for at-least half the number of days of the dry fast after the fasting.Never brake your fast with heavy food.

May the Lord Console her family and be with them in Jesus Mighty Name.Amen.
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by Dokai: 11:36am On Nov 12, 2011
[size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt]The human body can not survive without water for more than 7 days!!

When u go on long fasts u r supposed to d[b][b][b][b]
[/b][/b][/b]rink water[/b]
[/size][/size][/size][/size]
Re: Woman Dies After 21 Days Dry Fasting by Dokai: 11:43am On Nov 12, 2011
the human body can not survive without water for more than 7 days!! when embarking on fasts for more than 3 days it is expected you drink water!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Rapture Of The Church - Ron Graham / 28YEARS 11months Barrenness SHATTERED By The GOD Of Chosen ( Video, Pics) / Apostle Suleman Reacts To Stephanie Otobo’s Confession

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.