Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,842 members, 7,831,726 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

My Worries About Nairaland And Nigeria’s Future. (NL Is Dividing Us) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Worries About Nairaland And Nigeria’s Future. (NL Is Dividing Us) (5242 Views)

Nigerian Politicians Should Stop Dividing Us. Time To Unite As One / My Worries About Gen. Muhammadu Buhari / Osibanjo's Daughter Kiki Tweets About Nairaland Topic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Worries About Nairaland And Nigeria’s Future. (NL Is Dividing Us) by snthesis(m): 1:48pm On Nov 11, 2011
why is Ileki-idi not on dat list angry angry
Re: My Worries About Nairaland And Nigeria’s Future. (NL Is Dividing Us) by yiladogo: 1:53pm On Nov 11, 2011
lol,
Nigeria's a really cool country and yes we have alot of religious and ethic issues so all we have to do is just accept our differences and live with it.

lter y'all
Re: My Worries About Nairaland And Nigeria’s Future. (NL Is Dividing Us) by Kobojunkie: 1:58pm On Nov 11, 2011
oludashmi:

How do you know we all love ourselves? From all indication, you are first an igbo man before a Nigerian? You started well but ended horribly. . .if you believe in unity, love as you claim why will it bother you who becomes president in 2015 or did you you start the thread deliberately to seek attention and later derailed it to an igbo 2015 campaign

Imagine your level of tribalism even before joining NL. . . .you know someone is not good for a nation of over 150million but you voted him for the sake of ethnicism. If Goodluck end up not achieving any tangible thing in 4yrs, you would have sent to an early grave millions of Nigerians and would have destroyed millions of destinies on the ground of ethnic group.

Stop lieing, you do not love Nigeria, you love only ibo land and ibo presidency.

WOW!!!!   Harsh but straight to the point. Brings tears to my eyes! 
Re: My Worries About Nairaland And Nigeria’s Future. (NL Is Dividing Us) by DaDoctor: 2:11pm On Nov 11, 2011
NAIRALANDERS??

MOST OF THEM LOVE RUBBISH SO MUCH.

JUST COME UP WITH A TOPIC ON S/EX AND OTHER TRIVIAL MATTER AND THEY WOULD JUMP AT IT.

ALL HANGING IN THE ROMANCE THREAD LOOKING FOR WHOMS HUBBY TO CART AWAY.

THIS THREAD IS ON PAGE 2, IF IT WERE S/EX RELATED TOPIC E FO DON REACH 10 PAGES.

FOR ME, I COME HERE TO PLAY AWAY AND GET FASH AMEBO NEWS ESPECIALLY WHEN CLASS WOK MAKES ME WORN OUT.
Re: My Worries About Nairaland And Nigeria’s Future. (NL Is Dividing Us) by marocguy(m): 2:39pm On Nov 11, 2011
hey bro, wake up!
A united Nigeria is fantasy. Dont get lost like some internet 'ibos' who hav lost it completely.
It is still completely igbo to think less about dis failure called nigeria but rather think about how to live independently and get succesful as a person, even if it means ripping off every failed aparatus existing in d so called nigeria, working and hoping dat one day, u wud get independent as a people.
It is still igbo,to be hated and targeted both online and in any dispute in nigeria,especialy our long time swithearts,who tend to have d inferiority wen they come around us.
It is still igbo,to be hated and talked about everytym,even when we havent been given anything significant since d end of the war,other than same marginalisation and ill treatment.
Dont be taken away by the shallow appearance of how things might go, there is hardly a thing called a nigerian in abuja.
Till d people dat matter,not seun,alh harem,jason,ileke-idi or beaf,but atiku,ibb,ciroma n even d sultan,whose Boko haram continue serving as their tool to recover grip on the country,change their attitude and proffess patriotism and people lyk me get convinced.
Till bigots lyk dat old fool,obj quit shouting about a yoruba man's right to speaker post and say 'its not out of place to have an igbo as presiden'
Till our current president quits reffering to his state as 'my own part of the country' on national t.v but rather tell an almajiri that he is in abuja to make him get education n get to mecca one day,
Till sanusi stops playn fast wit us and quit his nothern agenda on our banking and monetary policies and decisions.
Till the genocides committed to millions of igbo people by the nigerian govt during the biafran war and other nothern crisis surface and the nigerian govt apologise and bury them nationally lyk the rwandan case and the shell vs ogoni.
Till the apo killings,massob members killings n the rest of it gets a right trial
Till, Till, Till,
Then u can come out of ur shelf,and embrace nigeria as a country and use no bias to say,fellow nigerians, fashola or lamido has done well as governors,pls vote them 4 president against theodore orji's 2015 presidency bid.
So brother i say again,dont be lost out lyk our majorely 'efulefu' lagos or u.s born 'ibos' who are so ignorant of the past and status quo of the pretence filled 'NIGERIA'. Rather, beat your chest and know where u are, and where u r meant to be.
On Nairaland, know that we have a lot of incidentaly what i will call day dreamers and hopefuls here,who wish the things can turn around 4 better in d country. Personally i hope,but i'm realistic in reasoning. We also have the other group,bluetooth and co, the publicly declared tribalists.
The rest are smart tribalistic dudes, watch out 4 them. Most of them are d ones who took a shot at your igbo presidency claims.
I have been on dis forum,mostly reading than commenting since 2006 to tell u better.
One truth,Nairaland opinion far differs from that of the nigerian masses,who are majorely ignorant and crowd movers. So dont stress urself much.
Even if we dont get the 2015 bid,dnt worry too much,rather be watchful for any sincere and smart non violent move by non-influenced igbo leaders to secede,post 2015 and put ur support and effort u have one dat. Dat may be d a gud shot 4 us,following d prior pre 2011 election communique sent to the U.N, A.U and ECOWAS based on a possible 2015 seceding with anticipated presidential ambition denial of igbos drafted in owerri by ekwueme,nwobodo,anyim et al
Above all, hold ur head high and be IGBO!
Re: My Worries About Nairaland And Nigeria’s Future. (NL Is Dividing Us) by dayokanu(m): 3:09pm On Nov 11, 2011
Why are we not campaigning for the NE to rule this country too?

I think they have spent the same number of years as the SE (Azikwe) ruling.

BTW zoning died and zoning was killed with the help of your Ibo brothers

Now its who sells more rather than its my turn.
Re: My Worries About Nairaland And Nigeria’s Future. (NL Is Dividing Us) by kpolli(m): 3:14pm On Nov 11, 2011
I somehow agree wiv this poster. . . but NL did not make ppl tribalists, it just gave them a platform to express their tribalism
Re: My Worries About Nairaland And Nigeria’s Future. (NL Is Dividing Us) by Feraz(m): 3:33pm On Nov 11, 2011
Da Doctor:

NAIRALANDERS??

MOST OF THEM LOVE RUBBISH SO MUCH.

JUST COME UP WITH A TOPIC ON S/EX AND OTHER TRIVIAL MATTER AND THEY WOULD JUMP AT IT.

ALL HANGING IN THE ROMANCE THREAD LOOKING FOR WHOMS HUBBY TO CART AWAY.

THIS THREAD IS ON PAGE 2, IF IT WERE S/EX RELATED TOPIC E FO DON REACH 10 PAGES.

FOR ME, I COME HERE TO PLAY AWAY AND GET FASH AMEBO NEWS ESPECIALLY WHEN CLASS WOK MAKES ME WORN OUT.

Re: My Worries About Nairaland And Nigeria’s Future. (NL Is Dividing Us) by IbroSaunks(m): 3:58pm On Nov 11, 2011
jmaine:

OP, you take nairaland too seriously . . . . Just have a good time riling up some folks while having a good laugh while at it . . .sign off and continue mingling and interacting  with well meaning Nigerians no matter where you see them and no matter what ethnicity they come from  . . . . Nothing spoil . . .Life goes on . . . 
yep i agree! iono why nl should depress u, though it can be messy sometimes, its all the fights that make it interesting. like michelin89 said, chill already bro!
Re: My Worries About Nairaland And Nigeria’s Future. (NL Is Dividing Us) by Skii(m): 4:07pm On Nov 11, 2011
You guys please try and write in a reader friendly manner, if it must be long use paragraphs and collect your points together. Having it so long and clogged up makes it boring to read especially when it takes quite a while to make a first point, lipsrsealed
Re: My Worries About Nairaland And Nigeria’s Future. (NL Is Dividing Us) by IbroSaunks(m): 4:15pm On Nov 11, 2011
Skii:

You guys please try and write in a reader friendly manner, if it must be long use paragraphs and collect your points together. Having it so long and clogged up makes it boring to read especially when it takes quite a while to make a first point, lipsrsealed
i agree with this too!
Re: My Worries About Nairaland And Nigeria’s Future. (NL Is Dividing Us) by Demdem(m): 4:32pm On Nov 11, 2011
The primary problem of Nairaland is Beaf.
Corrupt sycophants like Beaf is Nigerian's primary challenge.
anything beaf or beaflike should be expunged immediately if we must have peace.
Just my opinion.
Re: My Worries About Nairaland And Nigeria’s Future. (NL Is Dividing Us) by KINGwax(m): 5:21pm On Nov 11, 2011
Skii:

now, get this again: someone said he's depressed and u expect his message to be friendly and not 'clogged up'? We should all be grateful he did not hang himself. Maybe he'll consider it later.
Re: My Worries About Nairaland And Nigeria’s Future. (NL Is Dividing Us) by DDN: 5:28pm On Nov 11, 2011
@op- I agree with some other posters that the issue of an igbo president watered down your write up. Honestly I am not enthusiastic about our race pushing for 2015. Who we go push sef? Our existing crop of leaders are not up to standard. I don't believe in voting based on tribe. If andy uba runs against fashola do you think I would vote for andy uba??.

Rubbish, who told you the crop of leaders from other tribes are better than those from Igbo extraction?
In as much as I believe that the best should be allowed to rule and lead Nigeria. I do not subscribe to the erroneous belief and statement that no Igbo man is ripe for presidency or that their counterparts in other parts of Nigeria are better than them. The legacies of Profs. Soludo, Akunyili, Dr. Okonjo-Iweala, Oby Ezekwesili and others speak volumes for themselves.
However, despite these good works , corruption and indeed the quest for materialism drags them to the mud. El Rufai, Ribadu are also victims of this same issue. In Lagos State, despite the purported good works of Fashola, it is saddening that only one godfather decides his activities and programmes. What then will happen if he becomes a preident where he will be faced with bigger godfathers like Obasanjo, IBB, Atiku, etc.
Nigerians, irrespective of where we are from should see Nigeria as a work in progress and not as a cake to be shared by different tribes, states, L.G.As. We should think of what to do for Nigeria nd not what we will get from Nigeria. With this, Nigeria will be a s strong as a bunch of broom, unbreakeable and we will not just grow but develop.
Re: My Worries About Nairaland And Nigeria’s Future. (NL Is Dividing Us) by manchy7531: 6:04pm On Nov 11, 2011
Rubbish, who told you the crop of leaders from other tribes are better than those from Igbo extraction?
In as much as I believe that the best should be allowed to rule and lead Nigeria. I do not subscribe to the erroneous belief and statement that no Igbo man is ripe for presidency or that their counterparts in other parts of Nigeria are better than them. The legacies of Profs. Soludo, Akunyili, Dr. Okonjo-Iweala, Oby Ezekwesili and others speak volumes for themselves.

I read a comment some days back claiming OBJ is Nigerian's best president,for real i will not oppose that but,come to think of it who are those that gave his government credit and where are there from.

From Okonjo Iweala - Oby Ezekwesili- Charles Soludo - Frank Iweke jnr - Dora Akuyili-------the rest.

So don't say we don't have leader,or don't judge us by the governors we have cos your is no better rather worse.
Re: My Worries About Nairaland And Nigeria’s Future. (NL Is Dividing Us) by ocelot2006(m): 6:47pm On Nov 11, 2011
@ poster

This is a great post. Though I strongly believe in Nigeria, I must admit that I may have also played a role in the tribal wars that rage on NL. And I'm sorry about that.
Re: My Worries About Nairaland And Nigeria’s Future. (NL Is Dividing Us) by xterra2(m): 7:26pm On Nov 11, 2011
I agree with the OP
we have to stop the ethnic bigotry
Re: My Worries About Nairaland And Nigeria’s Future. (NL Is Dividing Us) by Nobody: 7:40pm On Nov 11, 2011
BoOOosHBoy:

No offence but u're sure one of them

cool Absolutely not so!
Re: My Worries About Nairaland And Nigeria’s Future. (NL Is Dividing Us) by PointB: 7:42pm On Nov 11, 2011
marocguy:

hey bro, wake up!
A united Nigeria is fantasy. Dont get lost like some internet 'ibos' who hav lost it completely.
It is still completely igbo to think less about dis failure called nigeria but rather think about how to live independently and get succesful as a person, even if it means ripping off every failed aparatus existing in d so called nigeria, working and hoping dat one day, u wud get independent as a people.
It is still igbo,to be hated and targeted both online and in any dispute in nigeria,especialy our long time swithearts,who tend to have d inferiority wen they come around us.
It is still igbo,to be hated and talked about everytym,even when we havent been given anything significant since d end of the war,other than same marginalisation and ill treatment.
Dont be taken away by the shallow appearance of how things might go, there is hardly a thing called a nigerian in abuja.
Till d people dat matter,not seun,alh harem,jason,ileke-idi or beaf,but atiku,ibb,ciroma n even d sultan,whose Boko haram continue serving as their tool to recover grip on the country,change their attitude and proffess patriotism and people lyk me get convinced.
Till bigots lyk dat old fool,obj quit shouting about a yoruba man's right to speaker post and say 'its not out of place to have an igbo as presiden'
Till our current president quits reffering to his state as 'my own part of the country' on national t.v but rather tell an almajiri that he is in abuja to make him get education n get to mecca one day,
Till sanusi stops playn fast wit us and quit his nothern agenda on our banking and monetary policies and decisions.
Till the genocides committed to millions of igbo people by the nigerian govt during the biafran war and other nothern crisis surface and the nigerian govt apologise and bury them nationally lyk the rwandan case and the shell vs ogoni.
Till the apo killings,massob members killings n the rest of it gets a right trial
Till, Till, Till,
Then u can come out of your shelf,and embrace nigeria as a country and use no bias to say,fellow nigerians, fashola or lamido has done well as governors,pls vote them 4 president against theodore orji's 2015 presidency bid.
So brother i say again,dont be lost out lyk our majorely 'efulefu' lagos or u.s born 'ibos' who are so ignorant of the past and status quo of the pretence filled 'NIGERIA'. Rather, beat your chest and know where u are, and where u r meant to be.
On Nairaland, know that we have a lot of incidentaly what i will call day dreamers and hopefuls here,who wish the things can turn around 4 better in d country. Personally i hope,but i'm realistic in reasoning. We also have the other group,bluetooth and co, the publicly declared tribalists.
The rest are smart tribalistic dudes, watch out 4 them. Most of them are d ones who took a shot at your igbo presidency claims.
I have been on dis forum,mostly reading than commenting since 2006 to tell u better.
One truth,Nairaland opinion far differs from that of the nigerian masses,who are majorely ignorant and crowd movers. So dont stress urself much.
Even if we dont get the 2015 bid,dnt worry too much,rather be watchful for any sincere and smart non violent move by non-influenced igbo leaders to secede,post 2015 and put your support and effort u have one dat. Dat may be d a gud shot 4 us,following d prior pre 2011 election communique sent to the U.N, A.U and ECOWAS based on a possible 2015 seceding with anticipated presidential ambition denial of igbos drafted in owerri by ekwueme,nwobodo,anyim et al
Above all, hold your head high and be IGBO!

Deep!
Re: My Worries About Nairaland And Nigeria’s Future. (NL Is Dividing Us) by phreakabit(m): 11:05pm On Nov 11, 2011
You just wasted say 20ish minutes of your life typing this crap?! LOLZ! I read all through though. However, the real question is this.  .  . . . . . . .  Do I really need  to change just because you say so? Why the hell should I trust a Treacherous Yoruba man or a daft Hausa / Fulani man? I dont need to be united with any of these guys,  I AM 100% NIGERIAN IGBO, nothing else!
Re: My Worries About Nairaland And Nigeria’s Future. (NL Is Dividing Us) by Nobody: 11:42pm On Nov 11, 2011
@OP Should i call this a rant? Well, i think you might have forgotten the fact that, this is an online based community, where people can say things the way they like, let's call it a faceless society where you can't be mark for your action! So your post is not really touching! Look at where you started and where you ended it? POLITICS! As someone rightly said, maybe you should spend more time at the romantic section if the politics section is getting at you, You said you voted for GEJ right? When you don't think he is a president material why did you do that in the first place?
Having said that, i'll like to let you know, that am not trying to take it out on you, just a little bit curious why this post would be featured! I could sense some PDP tactics over here. ZONING KO, ZONING NI! Zoning my a**
Re: My Worries About Nairaland And Nigeria’s Future. (NL Is Dividing Us) by yiladogo: 12:33am On Nov 12, 2011
@phreakabit
Dude I don't know exactly what you're trying to say but as for me. I've a Nigerian, I'm from the North but neither Hausa nor Fulani and I care for Nigeria enough to be against any form of division or civil war. I believe this country isn't perfect and no country in this world is even countries like USA and Uk have tribes or groups who feel cheated or devalued. (e.g Blacks and Mexicans in Us and the smaller countries like ireland feel abit cheated by england and londoners in UK) but they don't go around killing each other.

If one side of Nigeria feels neglected, Let the son's of that soil fix their land. There no part of Nigeria that can't boast of having produced a millionaire, the truth of the matter is our Big Boys don't want to fix our lands and we won't even cooperate with each other. Majority are selfish that's why we don't succeed.

Igbo land has not enjoyed the political advantage they want because you guys don't cooperate together. everyone is interested in his own house and envy even causes some to hate others. When you guys can cooperate you will surelly put a igbo son on the seat of leadership in Nigeria,

It's that simple.
So stop playing victim and avail yourself to the development of your motherland which is Nigeria,
Re: My Worries About Nairaland And Nigeria’s Future. (NL Is Dividing Us) by BootyOnMe: 12:43am On Nov 12, 2011
macjive01,
Torch1 ,
Beaf
Sun of god
jason123
alj_harem
Rhino.5dm
Akanbi_edu
PointB
Areosapien
desola
blacksta
manny4life
9ja voice
VoodooDoll
asorocker
Johndoe100, etc

The list is not complete o!
You forgot the 'Mods' and 'Supa Mods' who are pals with those names/other handles on NL. EVEN SEUN OSEWA IS GUILTY WITH HIS 2000 MONIKERS TOO. kiss NA ME TOK AM! cool Abi you nor sabi how 'things dey work" for hia? cheesy
Notice that when a particular 'handle' opens a thread. . . see the SAME NAUSEATING creatures that 'infest' the threads with their 2000 handles 'diss'-'cuss'ing others and themselves.

Mu he he he he he grin

Abeg, NOTHING in this world including NL. . . .is not worth  making a fly miserable. These peeps can only smell ya fart online. . . not offline.
If dem cuss you. . . cuss them back with all you gat. Like the OP noted, anonymity brings out the true nature of Nigerians. That una WAZOBIA love nor reach the average Nigerian's stomach. Make una nor deceive una selves. cheesy

As for the tribalism factor. . . as long as you are dealing with ANYTHING involving a Yorubaaaaaaaaa . . . .NA TRIBALISM GET AM!!!

Like Nigeria, like Nairaland. Any thing owned or managed by YORUBA, CAN NEVER KNOW PEACE(as the main divisive factpr on Nl and Nigeria in general). . . .Check out all other Nigerian messageboards or websites. kiss If you can live in Nigeria, deal with Nigerians offline, Nairaland is a piece of cake. cool Some retar-ds would say "why not leave"? For what? Not every one is a coward. SIT HERE AND DEAL WITH THEIR SKANKY ARZZZES! SHOULD WE LEAVE NIGERIA TOO BECAUSE SOME OF YOU COWARDS ACTING AS DIVISIVE FACTORS ON/OFF NL ARE IN POSITIONS TO DO YOUR RUBBISH? WHO BORN UNA? HECK NO!!!! cool

Please: STOP LOCKING THREADS OF SIMILAR TOPICS OPENED BY OTHERS BECAUSE YOUR MODERATORS AND SUPA MODERATOR/BEDMATES WANNO MAKE IT TO THE FRONT PAGE. . . . SOME YE-YE MODS AND SUPA MODS WHO HAVE BEEN DOING 'SHOW' UNDER THE BLANKETS OFFLINE, ONLY WAKE UP TO 'LOCK' CERTAIN THREADS OUT OF ANNOYANCE LIKE SOME VIRUSES FROM THOSE AWON RADIOVIBE OR MARTINSUWAKWUE(MUNDUS1,2,3. . , TO INFINITY) BLOGS IN THE CELEBRITY SECTIONS  grin !!! 

PLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZEEEEEEE. . . . .SOME OF US DO NOT WANNO FEATURE ON YOUR ALAYE 'OGBONI-OKIJA'. . . .OKORO-Yoruba INFESTED MAFIA GANG THREADS! Thank you! ESPECIALLY IN THE CELEBRITY SECTION. kiss
Re: My Worries About Nairaland And Nigeria’s Future. (NL Is Dividing Us) by Onlytruth(m): 12:57am On Nov 12, 2011
@OP
In the movie "A few Good Men", the base commander character acted by Jack Nicholson told Tom Cruise's JAG character, "TRUTH? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!".
Most Nigerians can't handle the truth.

Your post is unnecessary because no one is interested in your points, frankly.
You cannot love or hate Nigeria more than the facts representing Nigeria on the ground, NL or no NL. Never forget that we choose how we value things, be it nation or another human. Don't be downcast about unrepentant bigots whose section and tribes in Nigeria started tribalism and sectionalism in the 50s looooooooong before the internet. You are free to choose where to invest your love; afterall some human beings have kept pets which ended up killing and eating them. Also, never forget that even serial killers have women outside who admire them and send them flowers. Be wise. cool
Re: My Worries About Nairaland And Nigeria’s Future. (NL Is Dividing Us) by EkoIle1: 1:26am On Nov 12, 2011
It beats me why these bigots and tribalistic i.diots start threads to accuse others when in fact they themselves are hardcore in the same muddy dirt.

Jason, is this the tribal and religious bigot you just apologized to?

manchy7531:

You must be a very big fool.

Who should we use to show off then,is it Bode George, Baba Suwe or Gbenga Daniel? Common use your sense!

Thank God he's not OBJ that licks his daughter in-laws PU**Y.

BTW,if you don't have any reasonable contribution please, you can always sign out nobody will miss you. ANUOFIA

manchy7531:

ISLAM IS OCCULTISM AND IT'S CHEAP AND BLINDLY GUIDED HOOLIGANS MUST BE FLUSHED OUT OF THE FACE OF THE EARTH IF PEACE MUST REIGN.THESE CAMEL BRAINS KILL BOTH OTHER PEOPLE AND THEIR KIND.ISLAM WAS FOUNDED BY A LUNATIC AND EVIL SPIRIT TORMENTED MAN CALLED MOHA-MAD WHO LIVED IN THE CAVE AND DIED IN THERE.WE THE PEOPLE FROM THE EAST DARE YOU BEASTS TO BRING THE FIGHT ON AND YOU WILL REGRET EVER BEING PART OF NIGERIA.GO AND ASK VERY WELL BECAUSE WE ARE VERY MUCH READY FOR YOU NOW.THIS IS NOT 1966 WHEN BRITAIN HELPED YOU BRING GENOCIDE UPON BIAFRA.WE WILL CRUSH YOU ALL THIS TIME AND DON'T FORGET ISREAL, AS WE WILL TURN THE WHOLE NORTH TO GAZA.ONE NIGERIA MY FOOT !

Fellow Nigerian. It's not Boko Haram fault. Just a cursory look at Muhammad's Qur'an (Koran) should be enough to warn you to keep your distance from Islam:

In it you will see "unbridled raw evil", such as statements like these:
- Truly, god loves those who fight
- Fight and slay the pagans wherever you find them, and seize them,
beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem.
- Chop off their hands and chop off their fingertips
- When you meet the unbelievers, chop off their heads
- Fight and slay those who don't convert wherever you find
them
- Believers, take neither Jew nor Christians for your friends
- Those who follow Muhammad are ruthless to unbelievers
- Those who reject Islam are "the vilest of creatures" and thus deserve
no mercy
- Fight them until Islam reigns supreme (throughout the world)

There are more than 100 verses in the Qur'an (Koran) advocating the use of violence to spread Islam. There are exactly 123 verses in the Qur'an about killing and fighting.

The word "Islam" has been falsely proclaimed by Muslims to mean peace. The word Islam, actually means "submission" to the Muslim god of intolerance and hatred. It comes from the root Arabic word "taslim". In Arabic, the word for peace is only "solh".

I wonder what kind of god muslims are serving.You can always know a false god.
False gods always demand the blood of innocents.
When a Muslim declares that Islam is a religion of peace, he/she is either ignorant of the Koran (Qur'an), or is deceitfully thinking of this "peace", as it extends only to those within the Muslim Community. The deceit is that they will not tell you exactly what they mean. According to the Qur'an: "Muhammad is the Apostle of Allah. Those who follow him are merciful to one another, but ruthless to unbelievers" Surah 48:29. "Kill the Mushrikun (unbelievers) wherever you find them, and capture them and besiege them, and lie in wait for them in each and every ambush, " Surah 9:5. Also see Surah 9:29: PICKTHAL: "Fight against such of those who have been given the Scripture (Christians & Jews) as believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, and forbid not that which Allah hath forbidden by His 'messenger', and follow not the Religion of Truth, until they pay the tribute readily, being brought low.". Please note that there is not a single verse in the entire Christian Bible that contains this "open-ended", universal command to kill/or be ruthless to unbelievers. Judge for yourself which religion really is a religion of peace. The emptiest barrel makes the loudest noise they. Y all this noise about islam is religion of peace when opposite is really the case. Religion of ruthlessness and brutality

Re: My Worries About Nairaland And Nigeria’s Future. (NL Is Dividing Us) by Joagbaje(m): 6:31am On Nov 12, 2011

Re: My Worries About Nairaland And Nigeria’s Future. (NL Is Dividing Us) by Cuddlemii: 1:48pm On Nov 12, 2011
@Op

You got me scared at first with the subject of your topic. I didn't get the NL is dividing us part, I am sorry but that was not necessary. Nairaland is made up of 737206 members as of right now, how do you expect them to divide, control and manipulate members, Its not sounding logical, please edit that part. We are all individuals with different social economic backgrounds, ideologies and mindsets so we are entirely responsible for our actions and we have the right to expression with or without Nairaland. I am also sorry but I have to state that a human being's view is its view except its a 5 years old that you can tame, but you can't think for a human being or force it to stand for a certain school of thought.

The human mind is aggressive in nature so its ok to disagree to agree which I think its fair rather than expressing it in Kidnapping, Terrorism & Cultism. So if people choose to lobby or take a stand about the economy, their tribe, government or Nigeria as a whole by writing their feelings then I think its very applaudable. Now tribalism can be annoying but that is where management of what your mind absorbs and excretes as garbage comes to play. You can choose to turn deaf ears or counter it but you can't change it. Although, I love that you are trying which is a positive thing.

Its a faceless forum with anonymous people. If you can't manage your feelings from online encounter then I wonder if you weep when people address political issues offline or in real life. Common! its all part of the education here so you should not feel offended. If the discussions here were one way street or if everyone were to write in the same direction then trust me even you won't be here as it would be a bore and nothing resourceful to gain & references to tap. When you don't like a post or thread, feel free to express your concern but don't try to change Nigeria in one day, It would take a while plus I am sure there are more lucrative & humanitarian needs offline that you can deposit your concerns in, that to me is far more enriching.
Re: My Worries About Nairaland And Nigeria’s Future. (NL Is Dividing Us) by mrperfect(m): 9:06pm On Nov 12, 2011
Good post, what you should do is to ignore some posts, you know them by their titles.
Re: My Worries About Nairaland And Nigeria’s Future. (NL Is Dividing Us) by purpose100(f): 9:38pm On Nov 12, 2011
IbroSaunks:

yep i agree! iono why nl should depress u, though it can be messy sometimes, its all the fights that make it interesting. like michelin89 said, chill already bro!
Gbam.
Re: My Worries About Nairaland And Nigeria’s Future. (NL Is Dividing Us) by tefund(m): 9:57pm On Nov 12, 2011
I think africa,the black race,150 million nigerians will be better off if nigeria divides.let it happen in 2012 oh lord!
Re: My Worries About Nairaland And Nigeria’s Future. (NL Is Dividing Us) by SmartTalk: 1:52am On Apr 28, 2013
NairaLand is not dividing us, we were never united to begin with. I do not believe in fighting for Igbo presidency - I believe in fighting for Biafra. Note the comments condemning your talk of Igbo presidency; where were they when people, mostly Yoruba leaders, were insisting on Yoruba presidency? Nobody condemned that and this hypocrisy is exactly why I do not believe in Nigeria. I do not believe in joining the small-minded seeking of turn-by-turn presidency either, which is the Nigerian way. I do not believe in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Judge Caught On Tape Negotiating Bribe To Skew Justice In Gambia / As Fear Of Atiku's Chances Increase, Amaechi Unleashes 'war Chest' / Nullification Of Rivers Election Will Be The Beginning Of Nigeria's Separation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.