Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,931 members, 7,863,294 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 02:41 PM

Edo 2024: Diaspora Women Mobilizes Support For Ex-minister - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo 2024: Diaspora Women Mobilizes Support For Ex-minister (110 Views)

Man Mobilizes His Ward For Peter Obi in Delta State (pictures) / Tony Kabaka Shields His Hotel Against Demolition, Mobilizes Kids, Adults / Abia SDP Mobilizes Support For Buhari, Rejects Duke, Gana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Edo 2024: Diaspora Women Mobilizes Support For Ex-minister by Nofweb(m): 4:11pm On Feb 16
Ahead of Saturday's governorship primary of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Edo, women support group under the aegis of Edo Women In Diaspora (EWID) have began mobilization of women for the former Minister of Budget and National Planning, Prince Clem Agba.

This is contained in a statement by the conveners, Barr Roseline Odiye, and Dr Mercy Grant, and made available to newsmen in Benin.

Odiye said the group took it as a responsibility to mobilise for the former Minister in order for the state and the people to enjoy good governance when the Minister is elected as Governor.

She appealed to the women and the entire citizenry to avoid the mistake of the past where a misfit person was elected governor.

She said the mistake that remain an albatross, was caused largely by the people who remained indifferent on whom to govern them.

She called on the people, particularly the women, not to sit on the fence this time by coming out to decide, without coercion, who their governor will be.

According to her, "we, especially the card-carrying members of the APC, must know that the journey begins on Saturday with the primaries.

"We, EIWD, is calling on the people, especially the women to come out en masse to caste our votes to the rightful person to fly the party's flag.

"This time, we must not be swayed wlby money or cups of rice to vote against our conscience, we must not be told by few individuals who claim to be our leaders, to vote for their preferred candidate.

"This time, we should caste our votes for someone who have shown capacity and have a track record of performance in public office."

Odiye appealed to the people to entrust their votes to Agba whose public record as a Commissioner and Minister remained an "eye mark and not ear mark."

"Agba didn't only just performed as a Commissioner and Minister, he also has an unblemished record of performance in the private sector.

"Let's not be deceived with rhetoric, Agba remains the man to beat and the person who can deliver the desired good governance that the people and the state desperately need now," she stated.

Going All the Way: I Have Not and Will Not Withdraw
Good day, my fair and committed members of the APC in Edo State; it has come to my
attention that ahead of the primaries of our great party, which is scheduled for Saturday, 17th
February 2024, some mischievous elements are spreading baseless rumours of my withdrawal
from the primaries. My APC family, I would like to explicitly state that I have not withdrawn
from the race and will at no point withdraw or step down for any aspirant. I and my supporters
are going all the way to the end; we are in this to win.
Over the last few months, I have transversed the length and breadth of our state, visiting you
in your various local governments and wards to canvass your support for my aspiration.
During these visits and interactions, I articulated, in practical terms, how I intend to use my
many years of private and public sector experiences to re-engineer the governance process in
Edo State with my TRUST Initiative, which is carefully designed to Transform our Rural and
Urban Spaces Together.
Without a shadow of a doubt, our dear state has been run aground in the past seven and half
years under the current administration. It is in a dire state of disrepair where every facet of
development has completely broken down and become moribund. This can not be allowed to
continue.
At this critical juncture, therefore, our state needs a tested hand, a capable hand, a competent
hand, an untainted hand, and a loyal hand to take us back to the path of development and
prosperity.
With all sense of humility, I am the candidate the opposition parties fear the most in the
forthcoming governorship election because, I possess the best capacity among the pack to
defeat their presumptive candidates.

(1) (Reply)

Edo Pdp Primaries / Nigeria - Becoming the Continental Superpower, After America || Peter Zeihan / Why Cant Tinubu Arrest Buhari For Looting Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.