Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,701 members, 7,831,191 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

Police Asks For N50k Bribe From Family To Help Trace Their Kidnapped Relative - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Asks For N50k Bribe From Family To Help Trace Their Kidnapped Relative (320 Views)

Mortuary Attendant Decapitates Dead Body In Ogun, To Sell Head For N50K / 20-Year-Old Man Kidnaps Father, Collects N2m Ransom From Family Members (Pix) / Onuh Makedomu: Policeman Arrested For Taking Bribe From A Motorist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Asks For N50k Bribe From Family To Help Trace Their Kidnapped Relative by Thissystem: 5:10pm On Feb 16
The family of a 60-year-old man who was kidnapped on February 1, has claimed that the police demanded a bribe of N50,000 to assist in tracing the victim.

Ahọn, a retired civil servant, was abducted in the Mpape district while on his way from Abuja to Lagos.

His family reported the kidnapping to the Mpape police division, where they alleged that the Divisional Crime Officer (DCO) requested a deposit of N50,000.

“We went to the police in Mpape division so they can help track the number but as usual they are asking for money. The DCO is asking for N50,000 deposit to track,” his wife, Mrs Senami Ahon told Premium Times.

She added: “He is just a common public servant who has retired but had to go back as contract staff so he could fend for his family.

“He wanted to give his children some money and be with them but unfortunately, he couldn’t get to his children and he couldn’t get back home,” his 48-year-old wife said.

Read on..
https://dailypostngr.com/2024/02/police-demand-n50000-from-family-to-trace-their-relative-kidnapped-in-abuja/

Re: Police Asks For N50k Bribe From Family To Help Trace Their Kidnapped Relative by Thissystem: 5:11pm On Feb 16
A complete breakdown of system. Total collapse
May God help us
Re: Police Asks For N50k Bribe From Family To Help Trace Their Kidnapped Relative by immortalcrown(m): 5:12pm On Feb 16
It is not new in the system. Bail out is free but you must pay 20k.

By the time they announce the arrest of the kidnappers, the family's financial contribution towards the arrest will not be mentioned.

1 Like

Re: Police Asks For N50k Bribe From Family To Help Trace Their Kidnapped Relative by Customised3(f): 5:19pm On Feb 16
Then men with pot belly, doing extremely nothing, only adding salt to Nigeria's wound. Anyone caught shouldn't be on uniform again . Period!!
Re: Police Asks For N50k Bribe From Family To Help Trace Their Kidnapped Relative by Caramia2020(m): 5:27pm On Feb 16
Smile, it's not bribe but mini ransom before the kidnappers will demand for their own, Nigeria as a country is finish, nothing seems to be working at all.
Re: Police Asks For N50k Bribe From Family To Help Trace Their Kidnapped Relative by insidelife22(m): 5:32pm On Feb 16
I no get Wetin I wan talk, na when they close betting, come touch my beloved weed, na then una go know say I be one man squad.
Re: Police Asks For N50k Bribe From Family To Help Trace Their Kidnapped Relative by EverythingPhone(m): 5:44pm On Feb 16
The system is rotten

How I wish this people can connect with me to track down the phone

But I don’t even have the connection
But I fit solve there problem

Contact me to track lost or stolen devices at an affordable rate a trial will convince you
Contact me via siggy below
Re: Police Asks For N50k Bribe From Family To Help Trace Their Kidnapped Relative by Nbote(m): 5:55pm On Feb 16
Police that arrested someone who jumped out of a one-chance vehicle when he ran to their hilux to report simply because the one chance operators stopped and started screaming thief thief
Re: Police Asks For N50k Bribe From Family To Help Trace Their Kidnapped Relative by EverythingPhone(m): 6:26pm On Feb 16
Nbote:
Police that arrested someone who jumped out of a one-chance vehicle when he ran to their hilux to report simply because the one chance operators stopped and started screaming thief thief

You Dey sell data ?
Re: Police Asks For N50k Bribe From Family To Help Trace Their Kidnapped Relative by ERockson: 9:48am On Feb 18
Serious one
Re: Police Asks For N50k Bribe From Family To Help Trace Their Kidnapped Relative by Reelmii: 5:05pm On Feb 18
50k ...is it for eba

(1) (Reply)

Scam Alert. Kaizen Gaming And Solar Gadget Are Scammers / a / Indian Police Arrest Five Over Attacks On Nigerian Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.