Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,867 members, 7,806,464 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:54 PM

Nysc - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Nysc (770 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nysc by yomz1e(m): 1:53pm On Nov 10, 2011
Sup peeps?

My Mrs has just received her call up letter and she's been posted to some state which only God knows where it is. No wi understand if she was single and have no responsibilities but she has 3 kids all under the age of 7 who are in school and me am abroad on a contract. What i dont understand is why has she been posted to a far away state ? do they expect her to withdraw the children from school for the orientation camp duration and service year. She has no family member to look after the kids and i certainly will not quit in the middle of a contract to become home father. Surely this facts should be taken into consideration, i checked their website and apart from the grammatical errors it all seems pretty straight forward, but surely one should not be forced to go to a state where they have no connection? we are not in a totalitarian society. This IDEA of NYSC should be abolished as we have no need for it, if you want us to mingle, there so many social networking sites that can be used . I know people who opted out after been posted. Not to talk about security as well with all these BOKO Harram a$$oles bombing the place. I have told her she aint going or else NYSC can go 4uk themselves. I understand if we benefitting anything from the country such as states benefits, basic amenities and good governance, but where is all that but yet the country wants to benefit from me and millions of people who will go through the NYSC process. So if a graduate doctor doesnt want to go to Damaturu, he will not practise his preofession and save lives because he hasn't served his NYSC. No wonder our coctors are flying out abroad to heal the world while our state of health detiorates. NYSC should not be compuslory as it against my human rights and no one should be force to do it to take up employment. We need to petition the FG and UN to look at this, if we are truly a democratic nation then surely our freedom of choice should mean total freedom.

(1) (Reply)

Orace Database Training / My Thoughts On NYSC / Will NYSC Batch C 2014 Be Divided Into Streams?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.