Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,792 members, 7,817,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

Don’t Use Inflammatory Language Against Government’ – Matawalle Warns Nigerians - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Don’t Use Inflammatory Language Against Government’ – Matawalle Warns Nigerians (80 Views)

Cocoa Farmers In Ondo Protest Against Government To Sell Of Farmland To Chinese / Don’t Use Kano-made Vaccine To Treat COVID-19 Patients, Buhari Warns / 'don’t Use Me To Promote A Song' - Kanye West Sends Direct Warning To Ariana Gra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t Use Inflammatory Language Against Government’ – Matawalle Warns Nigerians by mikkywebs(m): 10:30pm On Feb 16
Bello Matawalle, the minister of state for defence, has strongly warned Nigerians not to use derogatory words against their government.

In a statement released by the ministry's director of information and public relations, Mr. Henshaw Ogubike, Matawalle issued the warning in Abuja in light of some remarks made without caution emanating from certain regions of the nation because of the security issues there.

"These remarks are sharp and harmful, and they have the potential to heighten tensions and spark violence in our dear country," he declared.

He said that in addition to having the ability and political will, President Tinubu is working nonstop to improve and safeguard Nigeria.

The minister also listed the different measures the government had implemented to safeguard citizens' lives, liberty, and property in addition to reshaping and modernising the country's economy.

According to him, the president has prioritised citizen safety by providing the Nigerian military with the tools it needs to perform at its best. The service chiefs have also been tasked with restoring the security services' capacity.

"The president recently gave his approval for the formation of a committee comprising federal representatives and state governors to investigate, among other things, the potential for creating state police to assist in monitoring criminal activity," he continued.

Source: https://betanews.ng/dont-use-inflammatory-language-against-government-matawalle-warns-nigerians/

Re: Don’t Use Inflammatory Language Against Government’ – Matawalle Warns Nigerians by pode(m): 10:36pm On Feb 16
Eg the federal government is stupid right?

1 Like

Re: Don’t Use Inflammatory Language Against Government’ – Matawalle Warns Nigerians by Ance4Liverpool: 10:58pm On Feb 16
Let me not say what is on my mind bcs am just coming back from ban bcs if i say what is on my mind now them fit expel me this time
Re: Don’t Use Inflammatory Language Against Government’ – Matawalle Warns Nigerians by meum: 11:07pm On Feb 16
But those in this present government used inflammatory words against the government of GEJ & GEJ personally. It was this same insecurity issue. Don’t you think what goes around comes around?
Re: Don’t Use Inflammatory Language Against Government’ – Matawalle Warns Nigerians by ojun50(m): 11:51pm On Feb 16
Werey people
Re: Don’t Use Inflammatory Language Against Government’ – Matawalle Warns Nigerians by matify83: 1:02am On Feb 17
"These remarks are sharp and harmful, and they have the potential to heighten tensions and spark violence in our dear country,"

So word can be painful?

When Buhari said " Monkeys and Baboons will be soaked in blood " if the election didn't go his way, was that not inflammatory?

His principal made several inflammatory statements pre-elections like the famed:" grab it, snatch it and run away with it"
Did anything happen?

"Courageously" removing fuel subsidy and floating the naira without recourse to the people was not only inflammatory but incendiary to say the least.

Only a people-centric policy can pull back the nation from the abyss.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Tension As Bandits Storm Police HQ In Zamfara, Kill Several People, De / Peugeot406 For Sale / Will You Pick Up N100 If You Saw It On Ground?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.