Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,803 members, 7,813,639 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:32 PM

Duravolt 12 Inch Fan Users. UPDATED - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Duravolt 12 Inch Fan Users. UPDATED (4042 Views)

Neatly Used Duravolt 2000W Stabilizer For Sale In Ibadan / Ox 18” Inch Fan For Sale / Fairly Used Duravolt 1KVA Stabilizer1000watts Stabilizer For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Duravolt 12 Inch Fan Users. UPDATED by Kennyflyair: 10:48am On Feb 17
So I bought this fan in December because I'm someone that doesn't like heat most especially sleeping in the heat.

It was my choice because of the cost compared to other rechargeable fans like the d.light solar fan.

When I first bought it I was in a place where there was steady light so I could charge it for several hours even without using it. like there's no need for me to use the fan because there's normal fan at home.

When I returned to work base where I need the fan, that was when I realized that I have used my money to buy problem.

Initially I sent someone to get a good rechargeable fan for me, so on getting there the person told me that they are two fans he saw: Lontor and duravolt.
I come tell am saying make e buy duravolt cos it comes with solar panel. If to say I know. Chai.

ALL ARE CONS. NO PROS
1. They advertised 6 hours on low speed, I've never gotten 1 hour from that fan.
2. It comes with a 6W solar panel. After the fan died, I said lemme check the efficiency of the panel, my brother, I charged for a full day, when evening reach I on fan, fan died in 3 minutes. I wan cry.
3. It claims to have a 4.5Ah battery (same as d.light solar fan) but still the battery life is poor.
4. What about the usb port for charging? Well at first I said I would never use it to charge any device to ensure the battery lasts. But as I discovered it's a piece of sht, I said lemme try charging with it, ERROR

The thing that pains me about it is that, the company just assembled a couple of nonsense and sell to us. The people that import it sef are not innocent too. Imagine 6w panel to charge a 4.5ah battery, it can't do anything.

You may notice that I'm comparing this sht to d.light solar fan. Well is cos it comes with 16w panel, real 4.5Ah battery and can last you like 6 hours. That's almost a full night sleep. You don't even need NEPA to charge it cos the panel is so efficient. The only downside is that it's not readily available in stores, you have to order it or get from all these microfinance people.

But you see this duravolt sht, it's everywhere. Facebook, jiji, even jumia and konga. Then dey peddle that sht to our faces. Unlucky buyers like me are trying to sell it off. I promise you, check Facebook marketplace and jiji, e full there. Even on your Facebook feed.

Yesterday I even saw one lady carrying one of these fans, I wan cry for am. Imagine feeling heat after a long day, turning on your fan and it dies in 15, 20 minutes when the sleep is about to hit.
I'm sure even the Lontor can't be so bad too.

Imagine buying fan 38k and you wan sell am 20k after barely 2 months. But me I don't even have the heart to sell such terrible product to another person, them go dey swear for me as heat dey catch them.

Well this is my experience with the fan. Or is it only me? Really I want to know if it's only my unit that has these problems

UPDATE!
I got a new QASA battery for the fan like a month ago and decided to charge for the recommended 8 hours.
I just used it tonight for like 3+ hours (on low speed) and it hasn't died yet. I'll say this is an improvement from the 45 minutes I get from the former battery.

I'll charge it again and try to see if I can get close to 5 or 6 hours on low speed.

I got the battery 8k and it looked quality. When you remove it from the box, the battery itself is sealed in thick nylon.
I'll attach the photo of the battery.

3 Likes

Re: Duravolt 12 Inch Fan Users. UPDATED by Kennyflyair: 10:49am On Feb 17

Re: Duravolt 12 Inch Fan Users. UPDATED by Kennyflyair: 10:55am On Feb 17
Some of you may say "Ehn buy new battery na!" But if follow cone battery is this horrible, how will a replacement battery be?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Duravolt 12 Inch Fan Users. UPDATED by Thazard(m): 11:16am On Feb 17
I've been wanting to buy this.

1 Like

Re: Duravolt 12 Inch Fan Users. UPDATED by Darkseid(m): 12:14pm On Feb 17
This Lontor na the best. I bought it about 17k two years ago when we had transformer issue and also bought Qasa 20w solar panel. The fan lasts two days on the lowest speed which is even sufficient. Daily charging with the solar panel can take me from 7pm until 8am the next morning.

I've bought like 5 more of it since then and I think the current price is about 38k.

4 Likes

Re: Duravolt 12 Inch Fan Users. UPDATED by Kennyflyair: 1:19pm On Feb 17
Thazard:
I've been wanting to buy this.

Run o. Na horrible experience

1 Like

Re: Duravolt 12 Inch Fan Users. UPDATED by Kennyflyair: 1:21pm On Feb 17
Darkseid:
This Lontor na the best. I bought it about 17k two years ago when we had transformer issue and also bought Qasa 20w solar panel. The fan lasts two days on the lowest speed which is even sufficient. Daily charging with the solar panel can take me from 7pm until 8am the next morning.

I've bought like 5 more of it since then and I think the current price is about 38k.

How I wish.

But really, I created this thread to make people aware of some of these products.

Thanks for the feedback

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Duravolt 12 Inch Fan Users. UPDATED by Thazard(m): 1:24pm On Feb 17
Kennyflyair:

Run o. Na horrible experience
So which one do you recommend?
Re: Duravolt 12 Inch Fan Users. UPDATED by Kennyflyair: 3:39pm On Feb 17
Thazard:
So which one do you recommend?
If you have enough to spare, I think sunking solar and d.light solar fans are ok. I know people who use it personally and they can vouch for them.
The issue is that they are not easily accessible in shops. But you can see d.light fan on Jumia or Konga

People have said the lontor above too works well

2 Likes

Re: Duravolt 12 Inch Fan Users. UPDATED by talk2hb1(m): 4:34pm On Feb 17
Kennyflyair:
Some of you may say "Ehn buy new battery na!" But if follow cone battery is this horrible, how will a replacement battery be?
Did you read the manual?
Charging it with panels will take days to charge.
Re: Duravolt 12 Inch Fan Users. UPDATED by Jspider22: 4:59pm On Feb 17
Buy Sun King

1 Like

Re: Duravolt 12 Inch Fan Users. UPDATED by Kennyflyair: 7:50pm On Feb 17
talk2hb1:

Did you read the manual?
Charging it with panels will take days to charge.
I didn't notice such in the manual but if true, it defeats the purpose of the solar panel.
Re: Duravolt 12 Inch Fan Users. UPDATED by Leun: 11:39pm On Feb 17
Omo I agree with you. I buy duravolt 25w standing fan wey no last up to 40 days.

They're not durable at all.

2 Likes

Re: Duravolt 12 Inch Fan Users. UPDATED by Kennyflyair: 6:20am On Feb 18
Leun:
Omo I agree with you. I buy duravolt 25w standing fan wey no last up to 40 days.

They're not durable at all.
I even thought the issues were only with the 12" fans.

1 Like

Re: Duravolt 12 Inch Fan Users. UPDATED by soncomm(m): 12:40pm On Feb 19
Jspider22:
Buy Sun King

How much
Re: Duravolt 12 Inch Fan Users. UPDATED by JustHere2: 3:34pm On Feb 19
Lontor Rechargeable fan, anyday,.anytime.
Make use of the user guide/ instruction manual.

1 Like

Re: Duravolt 12 Inch Fan Users. UPDATED by Kennyflyair: 4:33pm On Feb 19
JustHere2:
Lontor Rechargeable fan, anyday,.anytime.
Make use of the user guide/ instruction manual.

Maybe Na Westin I go still buy next be this. After I don find how to dispose this one
Re: Duravolt 12 Inch Fan Users. UPDATED by astonished: 9:41pm On Feb 19
To be frank with you, that brand was known & popular for inferior products,

I have not used their products before, but I like reading about products reviews on Internet and I take notes of those names that people regret buying.

I can't even buy Duravolt toothbrushes, cause I hate substandard products with passion and I don't joke with quality brand,

Trying to be browse about products and see their reviews before you buy them

5 Likes

Re: Duravolt 12 Inch Fan Users. UPDATED by JustHere2: 11:05pm On Feb 19
Kennyflyair:

Maybe Na Westin I go still buy next be this. After I don find how to dispose this one
Buy from their distributors.

1 Like

Re: Duravolt 12 Inch Fan Users. UPDATED by Kennyflyair: 7:54am On Feb 20
JustHere2:

Buy from their distributors.
Noted. But is it cheaper from them or na for assurance of quality?
Re: Duravolt 12 Inch Fan Users. UPDATED by Kennyflyair: 8:05am On Feb 20
astonished:
To be frank with you, that brand was known & popular for inferior products,

I have not used their products before, but I like reading about products reviews on Internet and I take notes of those names that people regret buying.

I can't even buy Duravolt toothbrushes, cause I hate substandard products with passion and I don't joke with quality brand,

Trying to be browse about products and see their reviews before you buy them

This comment is the summary of my experience. I can never buy a product without first researching it after this ordeal.

In fact at this rate, any product that doesn't have an official website is a no for me.

1 Like

Re: Duravolt 12 Inch Fan Users. UPDATED by Jspider22: 6:00pm On Feb 20
soncomm:

How much

Re: Duravolt 12 Inch Fan Users. UPDATED by JustHere2: 7:18pm On Feb 20
Kennyflyair:

Noted. But is it cheaper from them or na for assurance of quality?
Assurance plus quality then after sales service

1 Like

Re: Duravolt 12 Inch Fan Users. UPDATED by samueligeola(m): 3:45pm On Feb 24
But seriously have been using same 12" dura volts it's working perfectly here.....it works exactly as they described as per the 6hrs for the slower speed.
Am surprised to see all comment here saying it doesn't last long. Mine is super working though.

1 Like

Re: Duravolt 12 Inch Fan Users. UPDATED by Kennyflyair: 7:18pm On Feb 24
samueligeola:
But seriously have been using same 12" dura volts it's working perfectly here.....it works exactly as they described as per the 6hrs for the slower speed.
Am surprised to see all comment here saying it doesn't last long. Mine is super working though.
Maybe I was unlucky with that purchase
Re: Duravolt 12 Inch Fan Users. UPDATED by Kennyflyair: 8:25am On Feb 25
samueligeola:
How do you charge it, by electricity or follow come solar panel. And how long do you charge it to give you the 6 hours
Re: Duravolt 12 Inch Fan Users. UPDATED by HelpfulBro: 10:15pm On Mar 22
Kennyflyair:

How do you charge it, by electricity or follow come solar panel. And how long do you charge it to give you the 6 hours
just bought the fan it lasts that 6 hours if i charge it enough but you see that solar panel charge..... na complete rubbish, I'd put it the whole day and nothing charges

1 Like

Re: Duravolt 12 Inch Fan Users. UPDATED by Kennyflyair: 7:01am On Mar 23
HelpfulBro:
just bought the fan it lasts that 6 hours if i charge it enough but you see that solar panel charge..... na complete rubbish, I'd put it the whole day and nothing charges
How many hours charge gives you that 6 hours usage?
Re: Duravolt 12 Inch Fan Users. UPDATED by BENZULTIMATE: 8:41am On Mar 26
Can someone please help me on this
Ordered this duravolt rechargeable fan from jumia and I can't even tell what the problem is right now.
It's said in the manual that was supposed to show a green light when charge is completed, but after charging for more 24hrs in fact almost 30hrs, it didn't show the green light.
So I just decided to test it. 5hrs and it's down.
When I complained to the agent he said it wasn't fully charged that was why, I've now plugged it back for more than 24hrs now again and it is still showing the red light, how long is this supposed to charge?
They indicated 4-23hrs lasting period on the manual on the speed, but this is a low speed and just 5 hrs?
How long am I supposed to charge it to experience the full potential.
I'm just tired.
If I need to charge a fan for 3 days to use for less than a day, why did I buy it then?
Why would I need it if I had that much power supply?

1 Like

Re: Duravolt 12 Inch Fan Users. UPDATED by keeper303: 12:20pm On Mar 26
BENZULTIMATE:
Can someone please help me on this
Ordered this duravolt rechargeable fan from jumia and I can't even tell what the problem is right now.
It's said in the manual that was supposed to show a green light when charge is completed, but after charging for more 24hrs in fact almost 30hrs, it didn't show the green light.
So I just decided to test it. 5hrs and it's down.
When I complained to the agent he said it wasn't fully charged that was why, I've now plugged it back for more than 24hrs now again and it is still showing the red light, how long is this supposed to charge?
They indicated 4-23hrs lasting period on the manual on the speed, but this is a low speed and just 5 hrs?
How long am I supposed to charge it to experience the full potential.
I'm just tired.
If I need to charge a fan for 3 days to use for less than a day, why did I buy it then?
Why would I need it if I had that much power supply?

If it is within the allowable period to return, I will advise you return it to Jumia and collect a refund. I think this DURAVOLT fan has factory defect. The same problem I have with 2 of my table fans ( duravolt). No matter how many hours you charge it the red light will not change to green, to indicate that it is fully charged. Duravolt is not a good rechargeable fan.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Duravolt 12 Inch Fan Users. UPDATED by Ameboperoo(m): 12:58pm On Mar 26
Darkseid:

I bought the Lontor standing fan for 35k and I have been greatful for saving me all the heat. It last all night when there is no light. The battery is still as it was newly bought even after 1 year now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Duravolt 12 Inch Fan Users. UPDATED by talk2hb1(m): 5:51am On Mar 27
Kennyflyair:

I didn't notice such in the manual but if true, it defeats the purpose of the solar panel.
It is what it is, I can help build a power pack for it, tgat can be used with the 12volt jack

(1) (2) (Reply)

50 Inches 3D Smart HD Led Android Tv. / Iphone X For Sale 100k / How Much Is Ups Inverter Somebody Help Me Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.