Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,886 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

Ukraine Troops Withdraw From Front-line City Of Avdiivka, Army Chief Says - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ukraine Troops Withdraw From Front-line City Of Avdiivka, Army Chief Says (554 Views)

Russians Flee Country To Avoid Being Sent To Front Line By Putin (photos) / Idris Deby: Why A Leader Should Not Be At The Front Line / Ghanaian Army Chief Orders "Shoot-to-kill" On Fulani Herdsmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ukraine Troops Withdraw From Front-line City Of Avdiivka, Army Chief Says by hardewalleh(m): 12:58pm On Feb 17
Ukrainian troops have withdrawn from the front-line city of Avdiivka, the new army chief announced, after months of heavy fighting and little progress in repelling Russian forces in the country’s eastern front.

“I decided to withdraw our units from the city and move to defence from more favourable lines in order to avoid encirclement and preserve the lives and health of servicemen,” Oleksandr Syrskii said on Saturday, days after taking the helm of the Ukrainian military in a major shake-up.

The battle for the industrial hub, less than 10km (six miles) north of the Russian-controlled city of Donetsk, has been one of the bloodiest of the two-year war. Many compare it with the battle for Bakhmut, in which tens of thousands of soldiers were killed.

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said on Saturday that pulling out troops “was a professional decision that will save many Ukrainian lives”.

“Our actions are limited only by the sufficiency and length of range of our strength,” he added, pointing to the situation in Avdiivka.

Russia has been trying to capture the city since October and has surrounded it on three sides, leaving limited resupply routes for Ukrainian forces.

Avdiivka had about 34,000 inhabitants before the Russian invasion. Most of the city has been since destroyed but an estimated 1,000 residents remain, according to local authorities. Videos on social media showed a town left in rubble.

“In a situation where the enemy is advancing over the corpses of their own soldiers with a 10-to-one shelling advantage, under constant bombardment, this is the only right decision,” said Oleksandr Tarnavsky, the army’s commander of the Avdiivka area.

Before issuing orders to pull out of Avdiivka, Tarnavsky on Friday said several Ukrainian soldiers had been captured by Russian forces.

The city has important symbolic value and Moscow hopes its capture will make Ukraine’s bombing of Donetsk more difficult. The withdrawal comes ahead of Russian presidential elections scheduled for March in which incumbent Vladimir Putin is set to win a fifth term, allowing him to continue leading the invasion of Ukraine.

Avdiivka lies in the Donetsk region of Ukraine, which the Kremlin has claimed to be part of Russia since a 2022 annexation that remains unrecognised by nearly all United Nations members.

At the Munich Security Conference on Saturday, Zelenskyy pushed for countries to give Ukraine longer-range weapons and more air defence systems.

“Unfortunately keeping Ukraine in the artificial deficit of weapons, particularly in deficit of artillery and long-range capabilities, allows Putin to adapt to the current intensity of the war,” Zelenskyy said in Germany. “The self-weakening of democracy over time undermines our joint results.”

He also promised “to surprise Russia” later this year with new drone systems and electronic warfare.

Zelenskyy on Friday signed security pacts with France and Germany to lock in support for Kyiv. He is also expected to make further pleas for financing and armaments at the Munich Security Conference on Saturday.

All 27 European Union countries this month agreed on an additional 50-billion-euro ($54bn) aid package for Ukraine.

United States President Joe Biden said on Thursday that Avdiivka risked falling to Russian forces because of ammunition shortages following months of Republican congressional opposition to a new US military aid package for Kyiv.

Source: https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2024/2/17/ukraine-troops-withdraw-from-frontline-city-of-avdiivka-army-chief-says

Re: Ukraine Troops Withdraw From Front-line City Of Avdiivka, Army Chief Says by 89green: 1:15pm On Feb 17
hardewalleh:

United States President Joe Biden said on Thursday that Avdiivka risked falling to Russian forces because of ammunition shortages following months of Republican congressional opposition to a new US military aid package for Kyiv.

From the onset, it was very unwise for Ukraine to go to war with Russia, Ukraine thought they would defeat Russia with the help of UK US through ammunition supplies.... When it comes to war, you don't trust those two, na business them dey do and they knew that parts of Ukraine will fall into ruins.

Where will Zelenskyy start from regarding rebuilding Ukraine?

3 Likes

Re: Ukraine Troops Withdraw From Front-line City Of Avdiivka, Army Chief Says by 89green: 1:20pm On Feb 17
Re: Ukraine Troops Withdraw From Front-line City Of Avdiivka, Army Chief Says by Dpharisee: 1:21pm On Feb 17
Ukraine has wasted a generation of its men fighting an unwinnable war with Russia at the deception of the west to give them all necessary support to win and weaken Russia but instead EU economies are going into recession while Russia is seeing growth according to IMF.

The case of Zelensky and the West happened to me when I was in Primary school; there was a bully who terrorised pupils in class, all I did was avoid his trouble and he left me alone.
Then one day another boy in a senior class told me that I should not be afraid of him and I should even challenge him to a fight and he will come to my defence.
So I agreed and went ahead to look for the Bully's trouble knowing that he was bigger and stronger than me.
When we started fighting and he was pounding and giving me what we used to call then "one blow seven die" grin
I called on the senior boy who encouraged me to find trouble to come to my aid but he just watched and did nothing, I was even hoping that he would separate the fight and save me from further blows but instead he kept urging me on, I knew then that I was in big trouble.
All I did was to tell myself to run away from the attacking bully with the little opening I saw not minding those who were calling me a weakling so that I could live to fight another day grin

Whenever I see Zelensky I realised that I was more sensible as a primary school kid than him

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukraine Troops Withdraw From Front-line City Of Avdiivka, Army Chief Says by Bookhub: 1:25pm On Feb 17
Dpharisee:
Ukraine has wasted a generation of its men

too bad!
over 1million go don die.

1 Like

Re: Ukraine Troops Withdraw From Front-line City Of Avdiivka, Army Chief Says by hardewalleh(m): 1:30pm On Feb 17
Zelensky is so unwise.
Any negotiations will be based on the reality on ground and cities that fell will be part of Russia forever.

He shouldn’t have agreed to discard the agreement after Putin told troops to pull out of Kiev (after Istanbul talk in March 2022 immediately after the breakout of the War).

It is what it is. His name will go down as the worst Ukrainian President.

89green:

From the onset, it was very unwise for Ukraine to go to war with Russia, Ukraine thought they would defeat Russia with the help of UK US through ammunition supplies.... When it comes to war, you don't trust those two, na business them dey do and they knew that parts of Ukraine will fall into ruins.

Where will Zelenskyy start from regarding rebuilding Ukraine.

4 Likes

Re: Ukraine Troops Withdraw From Front-line City Of Avdiivka, Army Chief Says by 89green: 2:01pm On Feb 17
Dpharisee:
Ukraine has wasted a generation of its men fighting an unwinnable war with Russia at the deception of the west to give them all necessary support to win and weaken Russia but instead EU economies are going into recession while Russia is seeing growth according to IMF.

The case of Zelensky happened to me when I was in Primary school; there was a bully who terrorised pupils in class, all I did was avoid his trouble and he left me alone.
Then one day another boy in a senior class told me that I should not afraid of him and I should even challenge him to a fight and he will come to my defence.
So I agreed and went ahead to look for the Bully's trouble knowing that he was bigger and stronger than me.
When we started fighting and he was pounding and giving me what we used to call then "one blow seven die" grin
I called on the senior boy who encouraged me to find trouble to come to my aid but he just watched and did nothing, I was even hoping that he would separate the fight and save me from further blows but instead he kept urging me on, I knew then that I was in big trouble.
All I did was to tell myself to run away from the attacking bully with the little opening I saw not minding those who were calling me a weakling so that I could live to fight another day grin

Whenever I see Zelensky I realised that I was more sensible as a primary school kid than him

grin Perfect narration, Zelenskyy should have known better

2 Likes

Re: Ukraine Troops Withdraw From Front-line City Of Avdiivka, Army Chief Says by Tjra: 2:54pm On Feb 17
Dpharisee:

The case of Zelensky and the West happened to me when I was in Primary school; there was a bully who terrorised pupils in class, all I did was avoid his trouble and he left me alone.
Then one day another boy in a senior class told me that I should not be afraid of him and I should even challenge him to a fight and he will come to my defence.

Re: Ukraine Troops Withdraw From Front-line City Of Avdiivka, Army Chief Says by AntiZikist: 3:06pm On Feb 17
89green:

Where will Zelenskyy start from regarding rebuilding Ukraine.

Ammunition ?

America's MIC is an ongoing Jewish scam producing wunderwaffe like their since discredited F-35.

Meanwhile , Russia has restarted their Soviet era munition production while perfecting anti air defense systems like hypersonic missiles and has taken the war to space.

Hollywood is fake CIA propaganda to paint America as omnipotent in warfare .

The Houthis chased US air carriers from the red sea with their Soviet era Iran anti ship ballistic missiles.

America sucks at war.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukraine Troops Withdraw From Front-line City Of Avdiivka, Army Chief Says by Rahkman: 3:49pm On Feb 17
Nonsense if you know how many Russian troops have perished in Ukraine you will be shocked number is above 500k now
Re: Ukraine Troops Withdraw From Front-line City Of Avdiivka, Army Chief Says by talk2hb1(m): 4:16pm On Feb 17

Know when to fight and when not to fight: avoid what is strong and strike at what is weak. Know how to deceive the enemy: appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.
~Sun Tzu
Re: Ukraine Troops Withdraw From Front-line City Of Avdiivka, Army Chief Says by Brenn594(m): 5:12pm On Feb 17
War is the continuation of politics by other means necessary
Re: Ukraine Troops Withdraw From Front-line City Of Avdiivka, Army Chief Says by Gajagojo: 12:41pm On Feb 18
Rahkman:
Nonsense if you know how many Russian troops have perished in Ukraine you will be shocked number is above 500k now
How do.You know ? What is your source?
Is it from Russia ? one of Russia's friends or enemies?
Or you actually saw the dead bodies?

1 Like

Re: Ukraine Troops Withdraw From Front-line City Of Avdiivka, Army Chief Says by Rahkman: 12:47pm On Feb 18
Gajagojo:

How do.You know ? What is your source?
Is it from Russia ? one of Russia's friends or enemies?
Or you actually saw the dead bodies?
Lol Google meat grinders and see how Ukrainians are grinding this Russians, russian tactics is to throw millions conscripts to the front with lil or no training then the experienced soldeirs fight from the back, the Ukrainians keep gunning them down with machine guns though their numbers could be overpowering, almost like the kamikaze tactics Japan used in ww2, this is an example of their tactics below

https://www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2023/11/1/russia-pursues-avdiivka-with-meat-assaults-in-a-replay-of-bakhmut
Re: Ukraine Troops Withdraw From Front-line City Of Avdiivka, Army Chief Says by Gajagojo: 12:51pm On Feb 18
Rahkman:
Lol Google meat grinders and see how Ukrainians are grinding this Russians, russian tactics is to throw millions conscripts to the front with lil or no training then the experienced soldeirs fight from the back, the Ukrainians keep gunning them down with machine guns though their numbers could be overpowering, almost like the kamikaze tactics Japan used in ww2, this is an example of their tactics below

https://www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2023/11/1/russia-pursues-avdiivka-with-meat-assaults-in-a-replay-of-bakhmut
In other words according to America
The same sources saying Ukraine is winning
Until Avdiivka fell?

You will be alright

1 Like

Re: Ukraine Troops Withdraw From Front-line City Of Avdiivka, Army Chief Says by AntiZikist: 12:53pm On Feb 18
Rahkman:

Jewkraine has lost at least a million men with at least 700k KIAs and 300k WIA not counting POWs or MIAs.

Do you know the average of a Ukrainian soldier is 43.

43!

The Jews in Kiev are even drafting from the mentally ret@rded population.

Meanwhile , Russia has not mobilised their regular forces and are using PMCs, prison conscripts and contract conscripts.

Russian KIA is no more than 50k so that puts the kill ratio at 20 to 1 in Russia's favour.

The war is going so bad for Ukraine that they are now issuing conscription orders to Ukrainian men who fled from Ukraine. No mention of the Jew rats who fled early before the war.

This is a senseless war ochestrated by the descendants of expelled Jewish Bolsheviks as vengeance against the Slavic people.

Blinken, Victoria Nuland and Col Vidman are just a few if these Bolshevik descendants using the war to avenge against Stalin's purge of Jewish filth.

You know nothing

1 Like

Re: Ukraine Troops Withdraw From Front-line City Of Avdiivka, Army Chief Says by Rahkman: 12:56pm On Feb 18
Gajagojo:

In other words according to America
The same sources saying Ukraine is winning
Until Avdiivka fell?

You will be alright
is aljazeera America?? Are you that slow?
Re: Ukraine Troops Withdraw From Front-line City Of Avdiivka, Army Chief Says by Rahkman: 1:01pm On Feb 18
AntiZikist:

Jewkraine has lost at least a million men with at least 700k KIAs and 300k WIA not counting POWs or MIAs.

Do you know the average of a Ukrainian soldier is 43.

43!

The Jews in Kiev are even drafting from the mentally ret@rded population.

Meanwhile , Russia has not mobilised their regular forces and are using PMCs, prison conscripts and contract conscripts.

Russian KIA is no more than 50k so that puts the kill ratio at 20 to 1 in Russia's favour.

The war is going so bad for Ukraine that they are now issuing conscription orders to Ukrainian men who fled from Ukraine. No mention of the Jew rats who fled early before the war.

This is a senseless war ochestrated by the descendants of expelled Jewish Bolsheviks as vengeance against the Slavic people.

Blinken, Victoria Nuland and Col Vidman are just a few if these Bolshevik descendants using the war to avenge against Stalin's purge of Jewish filth.

You know nothing
I hardly respond to retards but there is nothing Jewish about ukraine, Ukrainians are orthodox Christians so are the russians, infact russia has large Jewish population compared to the Ukraine with just 45000 identifying as Jews, so carry ur stupidity go one side mumu
Re: Ukraine Troops Withdraw From Front-line City Of Avdiivka, Army Chief Says by Gajagojo: 1:10pm On Feb 18
Rahkman:
is aljazeera America?? Are you that slow?

Is your father slow?
Re: Ukraine Troops Withdraw From Front-line City Of Avdiivka, Army Chief Says by AntiZikist: 1:12pm On Feb 18
Rahkman:
I hardly respond to retards but there is nothing Jewish about ukraine, Ukrainians are orthodox Christians so are the russians, infact russia has large Jewish population compared to the Ukraine with just 45000 identifying as Jews, so carry ur stupidity go one side mumu

Olofo.

The two topmost positions are held by Jews.

The military heirachy is exclusively held by Jews.

The contested areas of eastern Ukraine are part of old khazaria where all your fake Jews originate from

When Zelensky said he will turn Ukraine to New Heavenly Jerusalem or greater Israel you no see that one abi?

You are a fool.

This is a Jewish war to depopulate Ukraine of its Slavic population .

BlackRock owns all the land in Ukraine since the war began and you know who owns BlackRock ? The Jew rat Rothschild who is originally from Ukraine.

Fool

Re: Ukraine Troops Withdraw From Front-line City Of Avdiivka, Army Chief Says by Rahkman: 1:16pm On Feb 18
AntiZikist:

Olofo.

The two topmost positions are held by Jews.

The military heirachy is exclusively held by Jews.

The contested areas of eastern Ukraine are part of old khazaria where all your fake Jews originate from

When Zelensky said he will turn Ukraine to New Heavenly Jerusalem or greater Israel you no see that one abi?

You are a fool.

This is a Jewish war to depopulate Ukraine of its Slavic population .

BlackRock owns all the land in Ukraine since the war began and you know who owns BlackRock ? The Jew rat Rothschild who is originally from Ukraine.

Fool
that one consign you ode
Re: Ukraine Troops Withdraw From Front-line City Of Avdiivka, Army Chief Says by Cabalgeneral: 1:24pm On Feb 18
Bookhub:

too bad!
over 1million go don die.

American, Israel and western Europe are devils.

2 Likes

Re: Ukraine Troops Withdraw From Front-line City Of Avdiivka, Army Chief Says by Cabalgeneral: 1:29pm On Feb 18
hardewalleh:
Zelensky is so unwise.
Any negotiations will be based on the reality on ground and cities that fell will be part of Russia forever.

He shouldn’t have agreed to discard the agreement after Putin told troops to pull out of Kiev (after Istanbul talk in March 2022 immediately after the breakout of the War).

It is what it is. His name will go down as the worst Ukrainian President.

Ukrainian citizen are worsen than the Libyans in reasoning.
Re: Ukraine Troops Withdraw From Front-line City Of Avdiivka, Army Chief Says by AntiZikist: 1:30pm On Feb 18
Rahkman:
that one consign you ode

Take your ret@rd level shilling out of here

You think NL is filled with IPOB level stupid idiots .

1 Like

Re: Ukraine Troops Withdraw From Front-line City Of Avdiivka, Army Chief Says by Cabalgeneral: 1:31pm On Feb 18
89green:

grin Perfect narration, Zelenskyy should have known better

Where are those western slaves supporters saying Ukraine is winning.

Re: Ukraine Troops Withdraw From Front-line City Of Avdiivka, Army Chief Says by AntiZikist: 1:36pm On Feb 18
Cabalgeneral:

American, Israel and western Europe are devils.

The problem is the Judeo Anglo Saxons.

They have infiltrated both the US and Europe.
Re: Ukraine Troops Withdraw From Front-line City Of Avdiivka, Army Chief Says by History555: 1:43pm On Feb 18
Rahkman:

Just like they told us Russia has run out of weapons and are fighting with sticks and shovels
Re: Ukraine Troops Withdraw From Front-line City Of Avdiivka, Army Chief Says by History555: 1:45pm On Feb 18
AntiZikist:

Take your ret@rd level shilling out of here

You think NL is filled with IPOB level stupid idiots .

This Jewish genocide promoter has refused to fight for hamas. Oga leave nairaland and put your plans of killing millions of Jews into action
Re: Ukraine Troops Withdraw From Front-line City Of Avdiivka, Army Chief Says by AntiZikist: 1:53pm On Feb 18
History555:

This Jewish genocide promoter has refused to fight for hamas. Oga leave nairaland and put your plans of killing millions of Jews into action

By exposing Jewish lies and their horrendous history of committing genocide you now accuse me of what your slave masters are doing in Gaza and Ukraine ?

Satan is a liar and a false accuser.

Stupid fools with no conscience
Re: Ukraine Troops Withdraw From Front-line City Of Avdiivka, Army Chief Says by AntiZikist: 1:53pm On Feb 18
History555:

Just like they told us Russia has run out of weapons and are fighting with sticks and shovels

You are supposed to support Jewkraine .
Re: Ukraine Troops Withdraw From Front-line City Of Avdiivka, Army Chief Says by History555: 5:17pm On Feb 18
AntiZikist:

By exposing Jewish lies and their horrendous history of committing genocide you now accuse me of what your slave masters are doing in Gaza and Ukraine ?

Satan is a liar and a false accuser.

Stupid fools with no conscience

Telavivbomber aka Godhatesjews aka Hilterwasright. That is you promoting Jewish genocide. Hamas has provided you that opportunity, make use of it. Online sylvester stallone
Re: Ukraine Troops Withdraw From Front-line City Of Avdiivka, Army Chief Says by AntiZikist: 5:34pm On Feb 18
History555:

Telavivbomber aka Godhatesjews aka Hilterwasright. That is you promoting Jewish genocide. Hamas has provided you that opportunity, make use of it. Online sylvester stallone

Keep supporting them

Let your cursed bad luck rub on them

You will live to see the end of fake Israel.

(1) (2) (Reply)

United Nation Needs To Be Restructured / Libyan Rebels Loot Seized Towns / Colonialism In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.