Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,544 members, 7,812,708 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:49 PM

Top 20 African Teams In Latest FIFA Ranking (Full List) - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Top 20 African Teams In Latest FIFA Ranking (Full List) (29513 Views)

Which African Teams Will Likely Be A Problem For The Super Eagles In AFCON 2021? / All 32 Teams In 2019-20 UCL Group Stages Confirmed As Draw Takes Place On 29 Aug / Super Eagles Drop 9 Places In FIFA Ranking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 20 African Teams In Latest FIFA Ranking (Full List) by Blackestjunior(m): 6:23pm On Feb 17
angry
Re: Top 20 African Teams In Latest FIFA Ranking (Full List) by Gajagojo: 6:24pm On Feb 17
It is not easy
The highest we ever made was number 6
How did we achieve that?
Re: Top 20 African Teams In Latest FIFA Ranking (Full List) by occfx: 6:27pm On Feb 17
Kokorokoedo1:
una go just open waaaaa untop what you have zero knowledge about.

I understand Morocco played semi in the world cup, and you think nothing has changed in the past 2yrs?
Re: Top 20 African Teams In Latest FIFA Ranking (Full List) by occfx: 6:27pm On Feb 17
MetalJigsaw:
You should have asked for explanation bro. You clearly have no clue

Tell me about it, the WC semi final?
Re: Top 20 African Teams In Latest FIFA Ranking (Full List) by occfx: 6:29pm On Feb 17
Falseprofet2:

Do you understand how the ranking is done?
Or to you everything is conspiracy

Yes rankings should be yearly activity and not the past record. Fifa ranking could be past record but African ranking should be fresh.
Re: Top 20 African Teams In Latest FIFA Ranking (Full List) by yewit37486: 6:30pm On Feb 17
Falseprofet2:

I watched Brentford v Liverpool today and saw how poor Onyeka was despite his importance to our national team. We need to accept the fact we don't have many top players at top clubs right now.

Nwabali- S/A
Aina- Nottingham
Zaidu- Portugal
Troost- ?
Iwobi- Fulham
Ademola- not a top player
Chukwueze -Milan. Top club but Chukwueze is not a top player. Very poor decision making
Osimhen- Napoli. Enjoying a top season but doesn't have the same construct that makes him dangerous when playing for super eagles. He is surrounded by better players at Napoli and his role is very clear.

We tend to overhype ourselves too much. We have only won 3 nations cup same as Ivory coast.
Nigeria has never gone onto the quarter finals of the world cup ever
Cameroun
Senegal
Ghana
And Morocco have done so

It's not about playing for a top club, there are team dynamics and other factors at play. We were able to get to the finals of Afcon despite our supposed lack of "top players".

2 Likes

Re: Top 20 African Teams In Latest FIFA Ranking (Full List) by ottersberger(m): 6:33pm On Feb 17
Kokorokoedo1:
Good to see Nigeria in the conversation once again.

For permanet cure for weak erection, quick ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, Watery and low Sperm Count, infertility, improvement of your girth reach me on WhatsApp with the number on my signature.

We also have herbal fat burner, cure for any kind of infection.

If after one week you do not get your desired result you are free to report my bank account for fraud and post my details online.

Its 100 percent herbal and 90 percent bitter kola made without any side effects.

May I kindly request information regarding the active compound in the advertised product?
Furthermore, could you please provide details on the clinical and non-clinical tests that have been conducted to substantiate the claims being made?

Has the product been registered with NAFDAC?. Please note that deceased individuals are unable to verify your claims or report your bank accounts as you wished.

Unfortunately, a childhood friend of mine passed away while being treated for a common STD by individuals who made unverified claims similar to yours with unverified preparations.

I have some reservations regarding the safety of your medication due to my friend's incidence. Would you be able to provide more information to address these concerns?. Until these concerns are satisfactorily addressed, it may be necessary to limit your ability to recruit individuals who may be at risk of harm on this or other platforms.
Re: Top 20 African Teams In Latest FIFA Ranking (Full List) by Chikel20000(m): 6:34pm On Feb 17
iykofias:
Iwobi really messed our ranking grin
shut up
Re: Top 20 African Teams In Latest FIFA Ranking (Full List) by Falseprofet2: 6:38pm On Feb 17
yewit37486:

It's not about playing for a top club, there are team dynamics and other factors at play. We were able to get to the finals of Afcon despite our supposed lack of "top players".
Of course i know that but quality shines through at the end.
To get team dynamics right, you also need top players. Bring Pep to coach Plateau Utd for one year and let them face Arsenal. You'll know the result.
We could have been out of afcon earlier if not Osimhen literally digging us out by getting penalty using his quality.

1 Like

Re: Top 20 African Teams In Latest FIFA Ranking (Full List) by kunle75(m): 6:38pm On Feb 17
iykofias:

The coaching crew did,everyone is serving JJ okochas interest,okocha was there to ensure consistent inclusion of his nephew Alex iwobi, if not why can't they rest him for other good players.
The guy been messing our games before the final but they won't remove him
Re: Top 20 African Teams In Latest FIFA Ranking (Full List) by Falseprofet2: 6:43pm On Feb 17
kunle75:

The coaching crew did,everyone is serving JJ okochas interest,okocha was there to ensure consistent inclusion of his nephew Alex iwobi, if not why can't they rest him for other good players.
The guy been messing our games before the final but they won't remove him
And why would Okocha insist on his nephew who already plays for an English club. Iwobi is well known. He is not lacking for exposure.
I know defeat is still raw but try and heal grin

Nobody gave our team a chance. They have tried their best. In the final match, Ivory coast were simply better than us in every department

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 20 African Teams In Latest FIFA Ranking (Full List) by MetalJigsaw(m): 6:46pm On Feb 17
occfx:

Tell me about it, the WC semi final?
Well not just that.

It is based on points accumulated while winning matches. Most erssentially against teams with more higher ranking than you. Every team has its points accumulated.

For example, let's assume Nigeria and Ivory Coast are joint ranked with same accumulated points.

Nigeria plays against Brazil and wins

Ivory Coast plays Kenya and also wins

Although they will both get more points but Nigeria gains more and move higher up the ranking because they beat a higher ranked team which is Brazil.

And Brazil on the other hand drops points for losing to Nigeria who is ranked lower.

4 Likes

Re: Top 20 African Teams In Latest FIFA Ranking (Full List) by AkinPhysicist: 6:49pm On Feb 17
This is CHEATING!

Ghana should NEVER be ranked higher than Comoros.
Re: Top 20 African Teams In Latest FIFA Ranking (Full List) by Emperormartin(m): 7:03pm On Feb 17
Falseprofet2:

I watched Brentford v Liverpool today and saw how poor Onyeka was despite his importance to our national team. We need to accept the fact we don't have many top players at top clubs right now.

Nwabali- S/A
Aina- Nottingham
Zaidu- Portugal
Troost- ?
Iwobi- Fulham
Chukwueze -Milan. Top club but Chukwueze is not a top player. Very poor decision making
Osimhen- Napoli. Enjoying a top season but doesn't have the same construct that makes him dangerous when playing for super eagles. He is surrounded by better players at Napoli and his role is very clear.

We tend to overhype ourselves too much. We have only won 3 nations cup same as Ivory coast.
Cameroun
Senegal
Ghana
And Morocco have done so

You're such a pessimistic human being!!!

No wonder you join the profession of prophet

1 Like

Re: Top 20 African Teams In Latest FIFA Ranking (Full List) by Metrofox(m): 7:07pm On Feb 17
GABRIEL6036:
Iwobi the President Buhari like his slave master iragbiji idiot put us at that rank.

Not Iwobi but chukwueze...una no Sabi ball
Re: Top 20 African Teams In Latest FIFA Ranking (Full List) by Entusky(m): 7:09pm On Feb 17
Falseprofet2:

Nwabali- S/A
Aina- Nottingham
Zaidu- Portugal
Troost- ?
Iwobi- Fulham

Cameroun
Senegal
Ghana
And Morocco have done so

I sha no blame u
Na false prophet b ur name

1 Like

Re: Top 20 African Teams In Latest FIFA Ranking (Full List) by Salubata(m): 8:15pm On Feb 17
You like wawulence grin
iykofias:
Re: Top 20 African Teams In Latest FIFA Ranking (Full List) by AngelicBeing: 8:19pm On Feb 17
iykofias:
Hian, tongue

Re: Top 20 African Teams In Latest FIFA Ranking (Full List) by blackmantis: 8:40pm On Feb 17
South Africa should be 5th
Re: Top 20 African Teams In Latest FIFA Ranking (Full List) by zoomman(m): 8:52pm On Feb 17
Falseprofet2:

Nwabali- S/A
Aina- Nottingham
Zaidu- Portugal
Troost- ?
Iwobi- Fulham

Cameroun
Senegal
Ghana
And Morocco have done so

Please kindly shut up. Lemme break it down for you. I guess ur a novice in football.
Nwabali- Chippa United ( SA)
Aina- Nottingham Forest (EPL)
Zaidu- Porto fc ( champions League)
Troost- Paok top Greek league team
Iwobi- Fulham Fc
Ademola- He's there highest goal scorer this season in Seria A ( Italy)
Chukwueze -Milan.

To mention a few.

Let's motivate our own no matter what.

The almighty Morocco, Ghana and the rest you're hailing didn't qualify to quarter final of recent Afcon.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 20 African Teams In Latest FIFA Ranking (Full List) by AnyanwuSilas: 9:08pm On Feb 17
Rejoice28:
Friends Jesus Christ loves y'all and he want you to accept him as your personal lord and saviour by giving your life to Christ, believing in him and repenting of your sins.remember tomorrow might be too late. Shalom
Is God an Elien?
Re: Top 20 African Teams In Latest FIFA Ranking (Full List) by Falseprofet2: 9:20pm On Feb 17
zoomman:

Please kindly shut up. Lemme break it down for you. I guess ur a novice in football.
Nwabali- Chippa United ( SA)
Aina- Nottingham Forest (EPL)
Zaidu- Porto fc ( champions League)
Troost- Paok top Greek league team
Iwobi- Fulham Fc
Ademola- He's there highest goal scorer this season in Seria A ( Italy)
Chukwueze -Milan.

To mention a few.

Let's motivate our own no matter what.

The almighty Morocco, Ghana and the rest you're hailing didn't qualify to quarter final of recent Afcon.

grin go and sleep
He said novice😁😁
Ademola has 7 goals this season for Atalanta. Good effort but even Lukaku that has to miss eight chances to score one has 9 goals

I've forgotten more things about football than you'll ever know.
Re: Top 20 African Teams In Latest FIFA Ranking (Full List) by jojothaiv(m): 9:20pm On Feb 17
Statistics are like mini skirts, they don't reveal everything...
Re: Top 20 African Teams In Latest FIFA Ranking (Full List) by Federalofficia(m): 9:57pm On Feb 17
Why be say na Argentina all the time, friendly ooo word cup ooo we must meet and if na knockout them must knock out head out why why why,
oluwasegun007:
We have friendly with Argentina next month...we need to beat and win other matches in the future to climb up the lather
Re: Top 20 African Teams In Latest FIFA Ranking (Full List) by adecz: 10:31pm On Feb 17
Ghana πŸ‡¬πŸ‡­ should be 30th in
Africa and 87th in the World 🌎

Nonsense people who are always
jealous of Nigeria.. 😐
Re: Top 20 African Teams In Latest FIFA Ranking (Full List) by kunle75(m): 11:15pm On Feb 17
Falseprofet2:

And why would Okocha insist on his nephew who already plays for an English club. Iwobi is well known. He is not lacking for exposure.
I know defeat is still raw but try and heal grin

Nobody gave our team a chance. They have tried their best. On the final match, Ivory coast were simply better than us in every department

I agree with you, am just a typical African man who love soccer, but sometimes appearance of those legends rob off pretty much on some unsaid decisions made by some of these coaches.
Iwobi wasn't fantastic in this tournament and most of those benched players could have been tested early to know their strengths, terem mofi was used and we all saw what he did when he was fielded ,thank God nwabali was given an earlychance too. Am just saying.
However, defeat is never a candy or honey that tastes great.

1 Like

Re: Top 20 African Teams In Latest FIFA Ranking (Full List) by pargelenis(m): 1:56am On Feb 18
oluwasegun007:
We have friendly with Argentina next month...we need to beat and win other matches in the future to climb up the lather
Let’s see how Peseiro go do defense for that game
Re: Top 20 African Teams In Latest FIFA Ranking (Full List) by bluefilm: 5:43am On Feb 18
iykofias:

Chai

You dey mean oooo
Re: Top 20 African Teams In Latest FIFA Ranking (Full List) by occfx: 8:21am On Feb 18
MetalJigsaw:
Well not just that.

It is based on points accumulated while winning matches. Most erssentially against teams with more higher ranking than you. Every team has its points accumulated.

For example, let's assume Nigeria and Ivory Coast are joint ranked with same accumulated points.

Nigeria plays against Brazil and wins

Ivory Coast plays Kenya and also wins

Although they will both get more points but Nigeria gains more and move higher up the ranking because they beat a higher ranked team which is Brazil.

And Brazil on the other hand drops points for losing to Nigeria who is ranked lower.

One match does not determine but a tournament or season. This season, fifa has not conducted any tournament but Africa did. Africa should update the record against fifa previous records. My point is, in 2024, Morocco should not be ranked as number one in Africa. Senegal, Nigeria, Ivory coast, Congo, cape varde, and South Africa should be at the top 5.
Re: Top 20 African Teams In Latest FIFA Ranking (Full List) by 360command: 8:27am On Feb 18
iykofias:
Aina messed it up. The goals that Coted'Voire scored came from Aina wing.. adringa finished aina.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Interesting FIFA World Cup Records / AFCON: Nigeria High Commission Issues Advisory To Nigerians In South Africa / Ivory Coast Vs DR Congo, AFCON 2023 Semi-finals (1 - 0) On 7th February 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.