Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,963 members, 7,810,669 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:04 PM

Why Food And Price Complaints Are Coming Primarily From SW - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Food And Price Complaints Are Coming Primarily From SW (736 Views)

It Is The Duty Of SE & SS To Ensure Nobody From SW Becomes President In 2023 / "We Are Coming For You": Army Chief, Attahiru Tells Dokubo, Igboho / Apart From Sw Which Other Region Can You Find Lot Of YORUBAS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Food And Price Complaints Are Coming Primarily From SW by Ofodirinwa: 7:36pm On Feb 17
Two recent phenomena

1. Destruction and locking/destruction of thousands of IBO shops. Effect
- less customers for indigenous people who sell goods to the traders

- Shrink in economy as SMEs are the primary source of commerce in Lagos

- people are less likely to invest (buy/build homes, open business) l. Due to potential tribalism

2. Overtaxation

- When governors began to use IGR as a metric of success, I knew this would be a disaster. Now sellers have to increase prices to accommodate tax, inflation, customer loss, and currency decline

- SW is the most heavily taxed region

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Food And Price Complaints Are Coming Primarily From SW by dawnomike(m): 8:08pm On Feb 17
Ofodirinwa:
Two recent phenomena

- people are less likely to invest (buy/build homes, open business) l. Due to potential tribalism

2. Overtaxation

- When governors began to use IGR as a metric of success, I knew this would be a disaster. Now sellers have to increase prices to accommodate tax, inflation, customer loss, and currency decline

I found some sense in this even though though these are not the only factors.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Food And Price Complaints Are Coming Primarily From SW by Lastmessenger2: 8:13pm On Feb 17
Huge IGR yet people are collapsing inside the market due to hunger

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Food And Price Complaints Are Coming Primarily From SW by opamoses1: 8:27pm On Feb 17
Lastmessenger2:
Guests receive souvenirs enough to fill up a provision store at a party.

Anywhere you go, the poor and even beggers will always be among the people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHm0eqOhzTk?si=lzM1gQnCXysCr0Hc

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Food And Price Complaints Are Coming Primarily From SW by opamoses1: 8:30pm On Feb 17
Ofodirinwa:
Two recent phenomena

2. Overtaxation

Those are your opinions. They are like arsehole since everybody has one.

The Yorubas are just more vocal, and have always been. Check those that always start protest in Nigeria. Ma still them

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Food And Price Complaints Are Coming Primarily From SW by Ofodirinwa: 8:32pm On Feb 17
opamoses1:

Those are your opinions. They are like arsehole since everybody has one.

The Yorubas are just more vocal, and have always been. Check those that always start protest in Nigeria. Ma still them

All of the protesting is happening in the north,
most of the complaining is happening in the SW. Vocal or not, nobody in the north is collapsing from hunger in the middle of a food market

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Food And Price Complaints Are Coming Primarily From SW by mbaise1000: 9:37pm On Feb 17
Ofodirinwa:

most of the complaining is happening in the SW. Vocal or not, nobody in the north is collapsing from hunger in the middle of a food market
I see a pattern in what you said,
The SE didn't vote this govt, the north is protesting against it now and the west are vocal against it now, this simply means that someone made a mistake somewhere, since no one is in support of this govt now, and since this mistake has been made, can we identify who made this mistake and if by any chance those that made the mistake will take responsibility, the mistake will not be repeated again

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Food And Price Complaints Are Coming Primarily From SW by Epstein(m): 9:40pm On Feb 17
They actually expected unlimited 'Agbado'.........foolish people.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Food And Price Complaints Are Coming Primarily From SW by Ofodirinwa: 9:45pm On Feb 17
mbaise1000:

I see a pattern in what you said,
The SE didn't vote this govt, the north is protesting against it now and the west are vocal against it now, this simply means that someone made a mistake somewhere, since no one is in support of this govt now, and since this mistake has been made, can we identify who made this mistake and if by any chance those that made the mistake will take responsibility, the mistake will not be repeated again

this is very logical and intelligent, but logic and intelligent is not what we're dealing w/ in Nigeria.
To be fair, Obi won the election, but TInubu out rigged and we all saw it live. So nobody fully chose Tinubu
but you're correct, if Tinubu had supporters they were unanimously from the SW and parts of the north.

but bro, these ppl want to see that their brother is 'in power'. They don't want a better life or a 'better nigeria' they just want to win the argument against EEBOES. As stupid as it sounds, that's the reality. So no mistake was made when Tinubu won, no mistake was made when Buhari won. This is what they want believe it or not.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Food And Price Complaints Are Coming Primarily From SW by KingKO22: 10:15pm On Feb 17
A thread for IPOB to wail

During Emeifiele Naira redesign where were Igbos?

Igbos have been in Monday sit at home for years with no effect and that's shows how powerless and redundant the people from the other side are so ineffective in the scheme of things

Only SW protest against the Naira redesign and the change was immediately

So this simply shows that SW is media powerhouse of Nigeria

SE should allow the people that matters to do the needful

We don't want Nzogbu Nzogbu mentality in our protest

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Food And Price Complaints Are Coming Primarily From SW by Ofunaofu: 10:32pm On Feb 17
Lastmessenger2:

Huge IGR that is being funnelled through a conduit pipe Tinubu connected from the coffers of Lagos state Treasury to his personal company

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Food And Price Complaints Are Coming Primarily From SW by 2Radii: 11:00pm On Feb 17
They claim the southwest are suffering but it is them that is opening threads upon thread for another person's headache...nawa oh..

Why are some people parading with useless and decayed brain..

Why are some people so unfortunate that if they never talk about southwest for a minute their miserable lives won't be prolonged grin grin

Na question I asked I did not insult anybody ooh grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Food And Price Complaints Are Coming Primarily From SW by ElSudani: 11:05pm On Feb 17
2Radii:
They claim the southwest are suffering but it is them that is opening threads upon thread for another person's headache...nawa oh..

Why are some people parading with useless and decayed brain..

Why are some people so unfortunate that if they never talk about southwest for a minute their miserable lives won't be prolonged grin grin

Na question I asked I did not insult anybody ooh grin

Abi o, Yoruba man is hungry, IPOB man is crying ceaselessly over it.

5 Likes

Re: Why Food And Price Complaints Are Coming Primarily From SW by Raf4: 11:40pm On Feb 17
Ofodirinwa:
Two recent phenomena

2. Overtaxation

But you stylishly skipped selling of flat headed children in order to feed, that is currently going on in those noisy neighbours' home region grin undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Food And Price Complaints Are Coming Primarily From SW by haybhi1(m): 2:19am On Feb 18
If I weren't logical enough to loathe generalization, then I'd say the crop of people from South East are the dumbest alive that ever exist.
Okay, I know what you'll like to hear.
We Southwesterners are seriously suffering. You Southeasterners are massively wealthy and happy. Congratulations, can you please come and be giving us alms?

Is that all? I believe you should be extremely happy now.
Re: Why Food And Price Complaints Are Coming Primarily From SW by adamusuleiman2: 2:20am On Feb 18
Ofodirinwa:
Two recent phenomena

2. Overtaxation

🤭🤭🤭 👇👇👇

Re: Why Food And Price Complaints Are Coming Primarily From SW by 2Radii: 7:41am On Feb 18
ElSudani:

Abi o, Yoruba man is hungry, IPOB man is crying ceaselessly over it.

Check over all the lamenting thread...these people are the one creating thread to tell us how the yorubas are hungry and have suddenly become lean grin grin

Na yoruba dey hungry, na them dey post am grin

1 Like

Re: Why Food And Price Complaints Are Coming Primarily From SW by yommen: 8:39am On Feb 18
Ibos are silently selling their children for 50K to feed while Yorubas are voicing out. Which is better?

Re: Why Food And Price Complaints Are Coming Primarily From SW by NextAbuja: 8:49am On Feb 18
Your igbo life wan die on top SW matter beta ask your father to carry you go meet one native for ihala before you run mad over SW matter

Ofodirinwa:
Two recent phenomena

2. Overtaxation

Re: Why Food And Price Complaints Are Coming Primarily From SW by NextAbuja: 8:51am On Feb 18
Yes o brother nobody in the North or West as started selling their son to eat too.

Make God help us.

Ofodirinwa:

1 Like

Re: Why Food And Price Complaints Are Coming Primarily From SW by JulianBond007: 9:02am On Feb 18
When they voted massively for a failed government, they have every right to protest. That means they're not happy with their son. That's how it should be.
Unlike the northerners who voted massively for Buhari but couldn't protest the hardship he inflicted on them because he's their brother. It's now they're vocal about the hardship their brother left for Tinubu.

(1) (Reply)

Register And Get $50 Instantly: Registration Is Free / Highly Subisidized Seminars Till December 2008 / Clinton Ready To Be Obama's Vp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.