Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,213 members, 7,811,581 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:03 PM

My Experience After Serving My Oga For 7years Including My Gain And Loss - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Experience After Serving My Oga For 7years Including My Gain And Loss (27043 Views)

5 Ways To Gain And Retain Clients For Your Business / B2B Marketing: 5 Strategies To Gain And Convert Customers / Should I Give My Oga The N1.3M I Saved From His Business Or Do I Keep It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience After Serving My Oga For 7years Including My Gain And Loss by Alexlalax1(m): 10:24am On Feb 19
Build from the experience you gathered from your master, everything will fall in place. Life is not easy bro!!!

1 Like

Re: My Experience After Serving My Oga For 7years Including My Gain And Loss by dfrost: 10:24am On Feb 19
Following...
Re: My Experience After Serving My Oga For 7years Including My Gain And Loss by viodemus: 10:25am On Feb 19
This system needs rethinking. It is an archaic system. It needs to be modernized. Igbo regional lawmakers, need to see how to humanely enhance it, without disturbing business flow.
Re: My Experience After Serving My Oga For 7years Including My Gain And Loss by CHIOMAEZEH: 10:26am On Feb 19
Hmm
Re: My Experience After Serving My Oga For 7years Including My Gain And Loss by MadamExcellency: 10:27am On Feb 19
People don't know how much the contacts and connections are worth. It's not about the capital. It's about the connections and connections.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience After Serving My Oga For 7years Including My Gain And Loss by BarrElChapo(m): 10:28am On Feb 19
Sirmwill:
How will you be on the same spot for 7 years?

You're brain absent.

When you get admission into the university for a 4/5 years course don't you stay until you graduate ?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience After Serving My Oga For 7years Including My Gain And Loss by Henix(m): 10:29am On Feb 19
[quote author=weblord1900 post=128509085][/quote]

If you don't mind, how much were you given? Shop rent at the market is currently how much?
Re: My Experience After Serving My Oga For 7years Including My Gain And Loss by Sucre6: 10:30am On Feb 19
KillingJoke:

Open YouTube channel and document your experience

I'll be your number 1 subscriber

Business sense will not kill you ๐Ÿ˜Ž
Re: My Experience After Serving My Oga For 7years Including My Gain And Loss by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 10:31am On Feb 19
9jaBloke:
Op your Oga didn't do well but just focus on the fact that you've learnt the trade and you got freed.

Spend the little amount you got settled with wisely. Avoid unnecessary stuff, don't dash anyone money, forget woman for now, look for the cheapest apartment you can find. Share a room if you have to so that you can invest the bulk of the money.

Maintain a good relationship with your former boss, you might need to leverage on his connections and goodwill. He seems to be a good guy who got influenced by his wife.

Ask God for guidance and keep grinding. You'll survive.

Very good advice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience After Serving My Oga For 7years Including My Gain And Loss by Icuib4cu: 10:34am On Feb 19
Karleb:
You were dumb. Imagine if you had been stealing from him for 7 years, by now you wouldn't feel his betrayal.

Sadly not every body get this your gutter mentality, what if dem catc am send am to jail straight.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience After Serving My Oga For 7years Including My Gain And Loss by Madups(m): 10:35am On Feb 19
Tallesty1:
Eight out of ten people who passed through this system have sufficient reason to hate women. I was telling someone the same thing just a couple of days ago. My senior bro went through the system, had a single boss when they started and everything was smooth. The man was full of praises, then boom! he decided to get involved with that which vexes all men.

Madam came and messed everything up. He told my brother in clear terms that he would go home with nothing, and there was no reason for that. No quarrels, no fights, no nothing. Just out of the abundance of her wickedness.

When they eventually settled with him, I, who was in secondary school at that time, had more savings than what he got. He swore that none of his siblings would go through that again.

My friend from Anambra has a similar story. He was four years into the agreement when his boss married. She made life hellish for him. It was the boss's mother who visited him briefly and then went home and told Anambra's mom to go and take her child before she kills him.

Chino, my man, was going through the same experience, but when it got to a level he couldn't take, he beat the woman, and that was it for him. The madam received a beating, but she was happy that her husband didn't settle Chino.

There is one I know in our line; he is about 15. He told me that his boss's wife only gives him fish heads, chicken legs and heads when they cook. I told his boss, and he told him to ensure he eats to his fill before going home after work.

Igbo men, many of them are very weak. Their women control them.

1 Like

Re: My Experience After Serving My Oga For 7years Including My Gain And Loss by muyico(m): 10:39am On Feb 19
I blame ur parent for that! They supposed not to allowed u to go into DAT slavery!

If dey hustle well well they suppose to be able to cater for ur need
Re: My Experience After Serving My Oga For 7years Including My Gain And Loss by G00dharddick: 10:40am On Feb 19
weblord1900:

Lol You're funny

I envy what you learnt all those years!

Great business idea. Persistence, courage, faith, determination, hard work and most importantly "wisdom"

You'll go in life with the above! Only if you believe!

1 Like

Re: My Experience After Serving My Oga For 7years Including My Gain And Loss by FireUpNow(m): 10:41am On Feb 19
Sirmwill:
How will you be on the same spot for 7 years?

His story can turn around on seconds. You can never tell my brother man
Re: My Experience After Serving My Oga For 7years Including My Gain And Loss by Donedeal1(m): 10:47am On Feb 19
As you served, so will others served you,
So be of good courage

Return back all that belonged to Laban

Be diligent at work

See you at the very top soon.
Re: My Experience After Serving My Oga For 7years Including My Gain And Loss by zrocky: 10:47am On Feb 19
Tallesty1:
Eight out of ten people who passed through this system have sufficient reason to hate women. I was telling someone the same thing just a couple of days ago. My senior bro went through the system, had a single boss when they started and everything was smooth. The man was full of praises, then boom! he decided to get involved with that which vexes all men.

Madam came and messed everything up. He told my brother in clear terms that he would go home with nothing, and there was no reason for that. No quarrels, no fights, no nothing. Just out of the abundance of her wickedness.

When they eventually settled with him, I, who was in secondary school at that time, had more savings than what he got. He swore that none of his siblings would go through that again.

My friend from Anambra has a similar story. He was four years into the agreement when his boss married. She made life hellish for him. It was the boss's mother who visited him briefly and then went home and told Anambra's mom to go and take her child before she kills him.

Chino, my man, was going through the same experience, but when it got to a level he couldn't take, he beat the woman, and that was it for him. The madam received a beating, but she was happy that her husband didn't settle Chino.

There is one I know in our line; he is about 15. He told me that his boss's wife only gives him fish heads, chicken legs and heads when they cook. I told his boss, and he told him to ensure he eats to his fill before going home after work.

all men are controlled by their wife for peace to reign. Remember Abraham in the bible
Re: My Experience After Serving My Oga For 7years Including My Gain And Loss by bestman09(m): 10:49am On Feb 19
@op, the knowledge and wisdom you garnered there is priceless. Forget about how much he gave you. It is only God that blesses and the way that seed will germinate and blossom will shock you. Some people focus on the capital given to them and fail while those who uses the experience gathered always succeed more. It's not about the capital. It's about the connections and contacts established. Because you served well and got settled by your master, an importer will have the trust to give you goods of over N20m on credit, knowing fully that you can be trusted! What most people don't know that just learning a trade for 6 months to 2 years is different from the Igbo apprenticeship program where the secrets and other tricks are taught. You will surely come here to testify in less than 5 years about great achievements recorded! God bless your hustles!

4 Likes

Re: My Experience After Serving My Oga For 7years Including My Gain And Loss by Miracle4325: 10:52am On Feb 19
My guy was settled with 500k last year after 7yrs
Re: My Experience After Serving My Oga For 7years Including My Gain And Loss by akaahs(m): 10:54am On Feb 19
I envy this system from our brothers in east but stories coming from this system lately are appalling and scary. I just hope the igbo community ll look into it with aim of strengthening and punish atll those ogas who failed to settle their boys accordingly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience After Serving My Oga For 7years Including My Gain And Loss by KosiGee(m): 11:00am On Feb 19
gaby:
Your oga will come for you for help in no distant time and it could be a life/death situation.

Believe.

Are you a member of RCCG?? Just asking for a friendโ€ฆno offence.

You sound like the maths lecturer.
Re: My Experience After Serving My Oga For 7years Including My Gain And Loss by santaclaws: 11:04am On Feb 19
talk2hb1:
I envy your informal education, but thanks I will pass.
At least you have learn business practices first hand (MBA), you have learn disciplines, endurance, and persistence all first hand so start little and try your wings out, you have all the required recipe to succeed.
Huge Capital for starter self might not favor you, I am pretty sure you will figure out something to kick-start your business.
Start Small Dream Big

I see you going to bail your oga out one day in the nearest future, don't hesitate to help him.

Despite the practicality of the local apprenticeship, everything he learnt for 7 years, an MBA (holder) will understand in one day based on superior knowledge. Although you said you'd pass LOL ๐Ÿ˜‚

You even justified insufficient startup capital after 7 years of servitude. Bros, every labourer deserves his wage. It's his prerogative.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience After Serving My Oga For 7years Including My Gain And Loss by ajibare01(m): 11:12am On Feb 19
Most of the time,it's just verbal agreement

I'm currently serving my boss now
This is my third year

4 Likes

Re: My Experience After Serving My Oga For 7years Including My Gain And Loss by clockwisereport: 11:15am On Feb 19
gaby:
Your oga will come for you for help in no distant time and it could be a life/death situation.

Believe.
Which kind prayer be this one?
Re: My Experience After Serving My Oga For 7years Including My Gain And Loss by Anijay1212(m): 11:15am On Feb 19
Tallesty1:

cry cry cry
angry
Re: My Experience After Serving My Oga For 7years Including My Gain And Loss by RepoMan007: 11:16am On Feb 19
The way you bare it here is good so other hyping and believing hype about apprentice system can learn.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience After Serving My Oga For 7years Including My Gain And Loss by oliverwrites: 11:19am On Feb 19
I like your mindset. Don't worry, matter of time, karma will visit the man and his wife. It will happen.
Re: My Experience After Serving My Oga For 7years Including My Gain And Loss by Akalia(m): 11:22am On Feb 19
Tallesty1:

Igbo men are not weak especially in the context of marriage. We tend to cherish our family and it begins with our wives. A typical Igbo man sees his wife as a trophy and does whatever is within the ambit of his ability to keep that trophy glittering. Of all the tribes in Nigeria, Igbo men by far know how to treat a woman especially when a woman is deserving of the care.

1 Like

Re: My Experience After Serving My Oga For 7years Including My Gain And Loss by predictor1: 11:22am On Feb 19
KosiGee:

Are you a member of RCCG?? Just asking for a friendโ€ฆno offence.

You sound like the maths lecturer.
Did Adeboye ever say something like that?

1 Like

Re: My Experience After Serving My Oga For 7years Including My Gain And Loss by OmoGomesIlorin: 11:22am On Feb 19
Some people are terrible naturally.

God bless my Boss anywhere he is now. I worked with him for 2 years with no salary, just a small allowee 30k/m, but I endured. And that was because he was servicing a 60m Bank loan. Las las the loan repayment was complete. He vowed to make me rich and between DEC-FEB he connected me with deals that fetch me 2.xm, connects me with people who dey dash me money almost everyone week, so far the gift for don't enter 400k. To date hm dey beg me to go buy land and be careful of women.

God bless all ogas wey sabi God.

7 Likes

Re: My Experience After Serving My Oga For 7years Including My Gain And Loss by Calitoscassius(m): 11:23am On Feb 19
gaby:

Believe.
Yea right! grin false hope.

I believe i can fly, but when i tried i fell and hit the ground. Gboa!!
Re: My Experience After Serving My Oga For 7years Including My Gain And Loss by Calitoscassius(m): 11:24am On Feb 19
What kinda slavery is that? undecided Oga my ass! Only hopeless people would waste 7 years in such slavery.
Re: My Experience After Serving My Oga For 7years Including My Gain And Loss by Lifebender(m): 11:25am On Feb 19
weblord1900:
So 7+years ago I made this post seeking advice on a journey I was to embark on.
First of all pardon my English,
I'm here again to share my experience over the years of my apprenticeship and also the process. I know it's not all part of this country practice this system. It's more prevellent in the east.
For me there has been up and down and mostly down. This is something you can never understand until you personally experience it.. It will reshape your entire life especially your mind whether you like it or not.

I left my village by June to meet my Oga in the city. I spent 6months as testing. Like the first 6months were not counted as part of the agreement. I was even lucky because some spend 1year as testing. So I started in 2017 after agreement. This type of agreement just involve your oga coming to meet your parents with few eyewitnesses.. No lawyer or paper to sign. Just verbal agreement ,No fixed price .. They'll only discuss on how long you will work for him or her( the oga or madam).

When I started my Oga is still single so I was doing most of the works in the house including cooking .. We were living very happy .. I was eating very well .if you look at me then the evidence is there ๐Ÿ˜€ Sometimes my oga will come back with full fried chicken oh oh.. Only me and him .. Things where just smooth ..
Fast forward to 2019 my oga decided to my settle down.. I think I use like 4years senior my oga wife. At the first few months his wife was very angelic,calm and gentle. She serve us tea every morning..
Omo how she take change I don't know ๐Ÿ™†๐Ÿพโ€โ™‚๏ธ I no offend anybody .. I'm very calm in nature .. My oga follow change too. Nobody day send me again ..

During 2020 covid 19 my eyes saw my ears .. I know things was hard then but mine was hard pro max. From 2018 I started suffering from chronic tonsillitis. I was taking drugs up and down including self medication .. I started noticing change from the way I speak because I don't know if it's the drug or the sickness that's affecting me .. I had no one to tell. By 2021 I gathered courage and told my oga ๐Ÿ˜ช.. He carry me go meet aboki people make he carry scissors chop the two damaged tonsils in my throat .. Them just day price am 3k 5k I day one side day shed tears ๐Ÿ˜ญ . I called someone and told him about everything. He told my oga to take me to a good hospital. The story long sha but at the end I went under tonsillectomy surgery .. I'm now fine

By 2023 which is supposed to be my last year my oga carry another problem come.. The way he was treating me caused problems between some of his brother and sister including some of his friends because they don't like the way he was treating me. They were all encouraging and giving me advice to persevere because I'm almost through its just a temptation.
I was settled this February with wetin my mouth not fit talk after serving for 7year chai๐Ÿ˜ญ ๐Ÿคฆ. You can't even rent a shop with here with the amount I received. I haven't talked about buying the goods in this period every price has sky rocketed. I thank my family and friends it's all good.

Life is a journey ..I still have more opportunities ahead of me. I have seen more than 20 other people that have come to serve but didn't finish. Most of them doesn't last for 2years but I persist because I'm determined for success. With this energy nothing can stop me.

Let me tell you some key points in this system.
1. They don't tell you how much you'll receive at the end. Just be ready to take what you see.
2. It will greatly affect your mental health positively or negatively depending on how you are being treated.
3. There will be alot of temptations and peer pressure if you're not careful you'll be dismissed.
4. If at the end your oga decides not to settle you ,that's all for you. He cannot be procecuted by any law since there is no signed agreement.
5. You'll be blamed for some wrong things you didn't do.
6. There are some common thing you won't be allowed to do.. Like voting during election or going to the football field to play with your friends. You can only be at home or shop.
7. For example if you agreed to work for 5years you might see yourself still working for him after 7years with no settlement. I have seen lot of them.

I'm going to be 28 next month. I have seen and experience more, this is all I can say for now. I can't say i am at loss or profit here because I cherish the experience I gained over the year although I didn't get the finance which made to start the journey at the beginning. If I had money I would have just learn the business for less than a year and start my own but such is life. Some of my classmates are doing well while others never see food chop. Some of the females are married with 2 to 3 children. Mine isn't the worst tho. This life no balance.
I just hope this government make things easy for everybody. E come reach my turn to hustle everywhere come red ๐Ÿ”ด๐Ÿ˜‚ ..

I thank Se.un for Nairaland o.. Na here I day come read everything including the cruise, bash and banter. SE.UN abeg check if my story na front page material ๐Ÿ˜

Bless up brother.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Things They Told Us That Is No Longer Applicable In 2017 / Why My Company Has Been Very Successful โ€“ Dangote / Naira Exchange Rates Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.