Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,400 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

Waiting On A Promise By Soibi Versatile - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Waiting On A Promise By Soibi Versatile (61 Views)

Waiting On God / You Waiting For A Promise Needs A Contract Click Here You Getting It Today / Promise Ubong: Peace Ntuk Shares Transformation Photos Of Boy Tagged A Wizard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Waiting On A Promise By Soibi Versatile by Dailymemoirs4: 12:10am On Feb 18
Daily Devotional
Scriptural Compositions
18/2/24

Waiting on a Promise

A shoot will come up from the stump of Jesse;
from his roots a Branch will bear fruit.
2 The Spirit of the Lord will rest on him

Isaiah 11:1&2

Philly has been working in a shopping mall since he relocated to Great Britain 10 years back. He has been seeking a good job in another City. A job in Fashion and Designs. He is yet to get the kind of job he desires in the area where he intends to use his skill.

Waiting for something we expect can be burdensome. While we wait we can become weary. Even when our waiting is done with prayers and faith. In the Bible God promised his people Israel that he will bring a messiah who will put an end to their sufferings and pain. It took many years and yet Jesus had not come. Many were already getting despondent by the waiting.

Anna the Prophet was among those waiting for Jesus. She finally met baby Jesus and seeing him gave her great joy. We can praise God whenever he fulfills his promise and we can still praise him while we wait on him to fulfill his promises because he doesn’t fail.

Talk about it

How long have you waited on God ?

How do you comfort yourself as you wait?

Key Point: We can wait on God knowing he will keep to his promises

Prayer: Father I thank you for all you have done for me help me to praise you while I wait for you to do your work.

Soibi Versatile is a writer for Jesus Community Network.

(1) (Reply)

Electric Perimeter Fencing / Hosanna Diri Eze Jesus Christ Crucified / How Long? By Soibi Versatile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.