Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,894 members, 7,814,019 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Tompolo Awarded 2023 Sun Newspaper "Courage In Leadership" Award - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tompolo Awarded 2023 Sun Newspaper "Courage In Leadership" Award (8294 Views)

Aida-nath Visits Babaginda In Minna, Urges Youths To Get Involved In Leadership / Management Of Sun Newspaper Reacts, As EFCC Storms Its Office With Armed Men / EFCC To Seize Orji Uzor Kalu’s Sun Newspaper, Houses, Other Properties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tompolo Awarded 2023 Sun Newspaper "Courage In Leadership" Award by ogugwa1992: 5:12pm On Feb 18
••• VOWS TO INTENSIFY CAMPAIGN AGAINST CRUDE OIL THEFT

The Chairman of Tantita Security Services Limited, High Chief Government Ekpemupolo alias Tompolo, has won the 2023 Sun Newspaper (Courage in Leadership) Award.

The Sun Newspaper Limited said that the Tantita Chairman won the award because of his effective execution of the oil pipeline contract awarded to his company by the Federal Government and the Nigeria National Petroleum Company Limited.

The organizers of the 21st edition of the Sun Awards which held at the Eko Hotel, Lagos, on Saturday night said that Tompolo has shown demonstrable commitment in the fight against the theft of the nation’s crude oil resources.

In a short video released at the venue, the company said that since the contract was awarded to Tantita Security Services Limited, the company has put up a sterling performance recording major breakthroughs in the fight against oil theft.

The Sun said that Tantita has not only shown dedication in fighting the "virulent cabal" stealing the nation’s oil resources but has also ensured increased daily crude oil production in the country.

Tompolo was among thirty-four Nigerians who received various awards on the night.

These are Alhaji Aliko Dangote, President, Dangote Group; Mr. Tony Elumelu, Chairman, Heirs Holdings and Chief Innocent Chukwuma, Chairman, Innoson Motor Vehicle Manufacturing Limited (Man of the Year). Governors Peter Mbah of Enugu State, Dapo Abiodun of Ogun State and Muhammad Inuwa Yahaya of Gombe State are Governors of the Year. Pa Ayo Adebanjo, Prof. Awa Kalu, and Rev. Uma Ukpai received Lifetime Achievement Award). Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi, Ooni of Ife and HRM Ogiame Atuwatse III, Olu of Warri (Most Impactful Royal Father), Mr. Robert Azibaola, Founder, Zeetin Engineering Limited; Engr. Gbenga Komolafe, CEO, Nigerian Upstream Petroleum Regulatory Commission and Mr. Charles Odii, DG, Small and Medium Enterprises Development Agency of Nigeria (SMEDAN) (Public Service Award); and others.

The Tantita Chairman who was represented at the event by his Media Aide, Dr. Paul Bebenimibo, thanked the Sun Newspaper for recognizing the sustained efforts of TSSL in protecting the nation’s pipelines and intensifying the fight against the theft of the nation’s crude oil resources.

He said that the award will further encourage him to put more efforts in the ongoing effective collaboration with the Armed Forces and security agencies to protect the nation’s pipelines and prevent its crude oil resources from being stolen by a cabal of unpatriotic Nigerians and their foreign allies.

He said, “Tantita is not the only one involved in the prosecution of the campaign against the mindless theft of the nation’s resources, the firm is carrying out the job in collaboration with the Nigerian military.

“I must say that the Nigerian military is doing its best and there has been effective synergy between the military and Tantita, the civil Defence and other security agencies. This productive synergy would continue in the interest of our country.

“We discovered a lot of points where illegal oil bunkering activities were taking place. We arrested several vessels and in this year alone we have arrested three vessels involved in the criminal theft of the oil resources in this country. I can assure you that High Chief Timpolo will build on this achievements and ensure noticeable improvement in daily oil production for Nigerians and Nigeria,” he said

In his remarks, the Managing Director of the Sun Newspaper Publishing Limited, Mr Onuoha Ukeh, said that the 34 awardees made serious silent contributions to national development in their respective areas in spite of the challenges of the year.

He described the awardees as a people who demonstrated uncommon capacity to confront the odds to succeed in their respective areas.

“We are here to honour 34 great Nigerians whose works and achievements in 2023 stood out. The awardees are a blend of unassuming young Nigerians, some whom may not have been heard of but who are silently making waves in their various endeavours, and also established citizens who have been steadfast, dogged and consistent in their efforts at contributing to national developmen.

“The year 2023, for Nigeria as a nation and Nigerians as a people, was remarkable and challenging. It was a year of politics and elections. It was a year when Nigerians went to the polls to choose their leaders. It was a year when Nigerians tested their God-given ability to decide their fate and fully realised that they have the inherent power to make things happen the way they would want, for the good of the nation and the people.

“It was a year when political power changed hands, from a President, who had completed two terms of eight years in office, to a new president. It was a year when petroleum subsidy was finally removed. It was a year when the exchange rate crossed the threshold of N1, 000 to one dollar. It was a year when the country grappled with insecurity and other sundry challenges. It was indeed a year to remember.

“In the midst of all these, there were Nigerians who withered the storm and stand tall today to be counted. They were resilient, determined, and courageous to confront obstacles and to succeed.

“They used their ingenuity very well and made astonishing successes in their various fields. They are a toast to resourcefulness.

“We are here to celebrate and honour them. We are here to tell a success story, to the effect that with the excellent use of our human and capital resources, something good will come out of Nigeria.”

https://leaders.ng/2024/02/18/tompolo-bags-2023-sun-newspaper-courage-in-leadership-award/

3 Likes

Re: Tompolo Awarded 2023 Sun Newspaper "Courage In Leadership" Award by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 7:13pm On Feb 18
grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Tompolo Awarded 2023 Sun Newspaper "Courage In Leadership" Award by PapaNnamdi: 6:16am On Feb 19
Where is Asari Dokubo
I want to check something 😁

Is he still standing on the mandate or he needs crutches 😁😁😁

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tompolo Awarded 2023 Sun Newspaper "Courage In Leadership" Award by englishmart(m): 6:16am On Feb 19
Welcome to Nigeria, the self-acclaimed giant of Africa where thieves and oil bunkering militants are given honorary doctorates and venerated

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tompolo Awarded 2023 Sun Newspaper "Courage In Leadership" Award by santity100: 6:16am On Feb 19
What a country, What a people. grin

4 Likes

Re: Tompolo Awarded 2023 Sun Newspaper "Courage In Leadership" Award by gerrardomendes(m): 6:17am On Feb 19
Chai Nigeria. I thought he was a wanted man. 😂

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tompolo Awarded 2023 Sun Newspaper "Courage In Leadership" Award by ZaddyJ: 6:18am On Feb 19
Nice one chief Tompolo
I know that 70 yrs old man wont like this aka I dont know .....I beg o

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tompolo Awarded 2023 Sun Newspaper "Courage In Leadership" Award by Chikel20000(m): 6:18am On Feb 19
Who's Tompolo?

1 Like

Re: Tompolo Awarded 2023 Sun Newspaper "Courage In Leadership" Award by Chukwuisgreat(m): 6:19am On Feb 19
Many bad people will not like this news.

1 Like

Re: Tompolo Awarded 2023 Sun Newspaper "Courage In Leadership" Award by merits(m): 6:20am On Feb 19
ogugwa1992:

https://leaders.ng/2024/02/18/tompolo-bags-2023-sun-newspaper-courage-in-leadership-award/

And soldiers that are fighting 24/7 are rewarded with nothing 🪖🪖🪖.

If you want to be honored in this country just do the following:
1) Be a notorious bandit.
2)A notorious Kidnapper.
3) Notorious bunkering militants.
4) Notorious Boko Haram.

With all the aforementioned FG will quickly honor you to avoid your dreaded act on their family not because of the citizens but their own family alone what a disgrace and shame.

GIANT OF NONSENSE AND CORRUPTION.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tompolo Awarded 2023 Sun Newspaper "Courage In Leadership" Award by MVLOX(m): 6:20am On Feb 19
Nigeria Na joke cha..... Comedy Central Republic

1 Like

Re: Tompolo Awarded 2023 Sun Newspaper "Courage In Leadership" Award by ZaddyJ: 6:20am On Feb 19
Chukwuisgreat:
Many bad people will not like this news.
Name! name!! name !!!
grin
Number one of them grin is 70years old man crooner. I don epp you name one person

1 Like

Re: Tompolo Awarded 2023 Sun Newspaper "Courage In Leadership" Award by AmazingELixir: 6:21am On Feb 19
Ok

Tompolo doing what the Nigerian military could not do got him the award.

Or should I say Tompolo stopping the military from doing what they've been doing got him this award.. lipsrsealed

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tompolo Awarded 2023 Sun Newspaper "Courage In Leadership" Award by goldfish27(m): 6:22am On Feb 19
why them no go give him awards when them dey use him against him people. politics na bastard abeg.
Re: Tompolo Awarded 2023 Sun Newspaper "Courage In Leadership" Award by Amuluonyenaego: 6:22am On Feb 19
A man that was declared wanted sometime ago
Re: Tompolo Awarded 2023 Sun Newspaper "Courage In Leadership" Award by seguno2: 6:22am On Feb 19
ogugwa1992:

It makes sense that Peter Obi got an award from the same company for their business.

“’I cannot take anything back about Obi. I said Obi said he wants to move Nigeria back from consumption to production and I said that is not true. He cannot do it because his own business survives on consumption. Is that a lie? He has been an importer and I said he deals with cash and carry economics; container economics, imports”.

“All the goods that can be produced in Nigeria, Obi imports them in his supermarkets. That is consumption economics. That kind of person cannot tell you that he is moving you from consumption to production. He will then be committing self-economic suicide and Obi will not do that to himself”.

“So, Obi is deceiving everybody and I can’t take that back because that is true. What I said about Asiwaju, I gave examples of his vision, knowledge and courage. There is none about Obi. You can’t point to any enduring legacy of Obi in his eight years as governor of Anambra”.

https://independent.ng/peter-obi-deceiving-everybody-i-wont-retract-my-statement-about-him-dele-alake/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tompolo Awarded 2023 Sun Newspaper "Courage In Leadership" Award by EverythingPhone(m): 6:28am On Feb 19
grin
No be small thing

Meanwhile I track lost or stolen phones or devices at an affordable fee
Contact me via siggy below
Re: Tompolo Awarded 2023 Sun Newspaper "Courage In Leadership" Award by PARADIZEPRIEST: 6:29am On Feb 19
Tompolo has devoted himself and his organization to fight monsters stealing our naija oil and weakening the economic growth,God bless you and your team IFSHA. NIGERIA NEEDS MORE PATRIOTS TO FIGHT SABOTUERS IN D CORRIDORS OF GOVT AND FIGHT POLITICAL OPPOSITIONS WHO DONT WANT THIS PTINUBU GOVT TO DO WELL,because THEY ARE BAD ELECTION LOSERS. angry

3 Likes

Re: Tompolo Awarded 2023 Sun Newspaper "Courage In Leadership" Award by Ebes: 6:30am On Feb 19
Hnmm
Re: Tompolo Awarded 2023 Sun Newspaper "Courage In Leadership" Award by blowjohn(m): 6:31am On Feb 19
Chikel20000:
Who's Tompolo?

One man like that. Worships the sun god,apollo,Wears polo shirts, travels by MarcoPolo bus, plays polo and an ardent student of Marco Polo the explorer, but doesn't believe the Apollo landing. Was last seen at the Apollo Theater. ..

1 Like

Re: Tompolo Awarded 2023 Sun Newspaper "Courage In Leadership" Award by arantess: 6:31am On Feb 19
englishmart:
Welcome to Nigeria, the self-acclaimed giant of Africa where thieves and oil bunkering militants are given honorary doctorates and venerated
Nigeria is an anomaly and abomination before God Almighty
Re: Tompolo Awarded 2023 Sun Newspaper "Courage In Leadership" Award by blowjohn(m): 6:35am On Feb 19
EverythingPhone:
grin
No be small thing

Meanwhile I track lost or stolen phones or devices at an affordable fee
Contact me via siggy below

The only thing una dey track na poor track record.

Una no fit track even where una toilet dey
Re: Tompolo Awarded 2023 Sun Newspaper "Courage In Leadership" Award by Beverlyjean(f): 6:38am On Feb 19
What a country
Re: Tompolo Awarded 2023 Sun Newspaper "Courage In Leadership" Award by Pipefitter: 6:40am On Feb 19
Even before reading, I knew Tomopolo will never go there himself

1 Like

Re: Tompolo Awarded 2023 Sun Newspaper "Courage In Leadership" Award by ecolime(m): 6:46am On Feb 19
Tompolo is living Asari Dokubo's dream.

It's been long we heard him sef. He has been humbled cheesy
Re: Tompolo Awarded 2023 Sun Newspaper "Courage In Leadership" Award by easyfem(m): 6:52am On Feb 19
who dey give this kind award self , no credibility in the land anymore
Re: Tompolo Awarded 2023 Sun Newspaper "Courage In Leadership" Award by Spiritz: 6:57am On Feb 19
I knew the man who not come but send a representative very intelligent guy

1 Like

Re: Tompolo Awarded 2023 Sun Newspaper "Courage In Leadership" Award by ruggedtimi(m): 7:12am On Feb 19
Spiritz:
I knew the man who not come but send a representative very intelligent guy
how is he intelĺligent by not showing up?
Re: Tompolo Awarded 2023 Sun Newspaper "Courage In Leadership" Award by pipnator00(m): 7:16am On Feb 19
Someone said.. this country is on simulation.. lol

A country where "repentant" boko haram terrorists are reinstated into the society and employed into the military and police. A country where militants are given honors and awards.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tompolo Awarded 2023 Sun Newspaper "Courage In Leadership" Award by Gkay1(m): 7:23am On Feb 19
U mean terrorist is been given award to , na for everybody to carry gun remain na

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abia ‘deports’ Non Indigenous Workers / My Role In The Release Of Kankara Schoolboys – Matawalle / LASG To Fast Track Infrastructural Development In Ikorodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.