Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,230 members, 7,811,633 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:14 PM

International Breweries Shreholders Meet, After Six Years Of Posting Losses - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / International Breweries Shreholders Meet, After Six Years Of Posting Losses (12164 Views)

Registered Address: International Breweries Plc Moves To Banana Island / Heineken, Nigeria Breweries Volumes Further Declines In Nigeria / International Breweries To Merge With Two Other Firms After SEC, NSE Approval (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: International Breweries Shreholders Meet, After Six Years Of Posting Losses by bestman09(m): 12:10pm On Feb 19
angry
Re: International Breweries Shreholders Meet, After Six Years Of Posting Losses by Mrchippychappy(m): 12:13pm On Feb 19
Losses for six years.

Hmmm can the mathematicians in the house calculate the timeline for us?
Re: International Breweries Shreholders Meet, After Six Years Of Posting Losses by hartopher76: 12:14pm On Feb 19
Every business is struggling to survive.
Re: International Breweries Shreholders Meet, After Six Years Of Posting Losses by sharpchap: 12:15pm On Feb 19
its just impossible to do business in Nigeria. kai!!!! very soon they will close down and leave
Re: International Breweries Shreholders Meet, After Six Years Of Posting Losses by Alaigbo(m): 12:18pm On Feb 19
legacies of the oloriburuku criminal n fraudster Pandora criminal Peter Obi

This is what happen when you elect idiot that take advice from madmen up n down Agulu n Upper Iweka

1 Like

Re: International Breweries Shreholders Meet, After Six Years Of Posting Losses by sonofsteven: 12:19pm On Feb 19
Will they sell shares?

Make I buy and add up

Na to dey buy shares o wan dey do now

I wan dey invest my money now
Re: International Breweries Shreholders Meet, After Six Years Of Posting Losses by Alaigbo(m): 12:21pm On Feb 19
Investment that is now worth next to nothing - Soludo.

jaybee3:
In a 2018 interview, Peter Obi said he invested $20 million in International Breweries on behalf of Anambra state as a governor.

Obi’s claim was in response to questions on economic development, Anambra politics and his presidential ambition.

“… Anambra state is the single-highest shareholder in that facility. I invested in it, over $20 million,” Obi had said.

“It is worth almost $100 [million] today. That’s what government should do.”

https://www.thecable.ng/revealed-peter-obi-administrations-12-24m-investment-in-international-breweries-now-worth-5-38m#google_vignette

3 Likes

Re: International Breweries Shreholders Meet, After Six Years Of Posting Losses by broadman20: 12:22pm On Feb 19
ThunderFireAgba:
Can you spot any difference cheesy cheesy grin grin
First of all, check their mouth and teeth.

Hahahaha!

Trouble maker!
Re: International Breweries Shreholders Meet, After Six Years Of Posting Losses by Originalsly: 12:23pm On Feb 19
Timoleon:

That's too many billions lost...why are they still in business? Perhaps these losses are manufactured because it is certain that the next financial year will result in more losses when you think about the current state if the economy. Fewer and fewer people are able to sustain their purchasing power. Yet cost of production is increasing by the hour.

Exactly my thoughts ... why still in business? ... and trying to remain in business? ... there is nothing to even give one hope that this year will be as bad as last year... but everything to show that this year will be wayyy worse. I guess they know better than we..... or they not telling the truth.

1 Like

Re: International Breweries Shreholders Meet, After Six Years Of Posting Losses by obyno82: 12:36pm On Feb 19
EnglishUsa:
Dj play as e dey pain them e dey sweet us

Are you on drugs?
Re: International Breweries Shreholders Meet, After Six Years Of Posting Losses by Rejoice28(f): 12:36pm On Feb 19
Friends Jesus Christ loves y'all and he want you to accept him as your personal lord and saviour by giving your life to Christ, believing in him and repenting of your sins.remember tomorrow might be too late. Shalom
Re: International Breweries Shreholders Meet, After Six Years Of Posting Losses by TheBillyonaire: 12:37pm On Feb 19
Tax Avoidance Strategies.
Re: International Breweries Shreholders Meet, After Six Years Of Posting Losses by nedekid: 12:41pm On Feb 19
DesChyko:
Despite the sales being made? Wow!

Turns out business is not that it seems outwardly.
Oga, all businesses are crying now. Just the cost of power alone is overwhelming. Diesel that powers generators, imagine it costing 1350 per liter. Most factories cannot afford to shut down and restart production process when there is loss of electricity, so they run continuesly on generators. Imagine powering a 1000, 2000kva generator. Expenses on diesel alone can hit 15-20m daily. What business can survive under such condition.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: International Breweries Shreholders Meet, After Six Years Of Posting Losses by LockDown69(m): 12:48pm On Feb 19
Upon all the massive sales grin
Re: International Breweries Shreholders Meet, After Six Years Of Posting Losses by LockDown69(m): 12:49pm On Feb 19
Na cost of production de do people shege.
Re: International Breweries Shreholders Meet, After Six Years Of Posting Losses by Menclothing: 12:52pm On Feb 19
Simple arithmetic beer is now expensive all this plastic drinks sell more
People Hardly drink beer in clubs
Re: International Breweries Shreholders Meet, After Six Years Of Posting Losses by Miyachi: 1:08pm On Feb 19
Parydelegate:
Respite at last

Posting dividends in this BAT administration is not an easy feat even if na 2 kobo...its on record they paid shareholders dividends.

I still bought Trophy for 200 naira at the bar were I went to watch AFCON final. May it was because I wore my APC cap that's why it was sold to be at that price.
I don't think that is what they announced, from what I understood it seems to be a stock split.
Re: International Breweries Shreholders Meet, After Six Years Of Posting Losses by TOMMYS: 1:19pm On Feb 19
Water beer too dey post loss.

There is no way Nigerian breweries operates at a loss.
Re: International Breweries Shreholders Meet, After Six Years Of Posting Losses by olowo1930: 2:10pm On Feb 19
Anguldi:
APC, sadly job sacking loading undecided

Dem bring sorrows, blood and tears
Dem regular trademark angry
best comment so far. Sacking looming and that is all.
Re: International Breweries Shreholders Meet, After Six Years Of Posting Losses by adepero72: 3:48pm On Feb 19
There have to be loses while mutani Kano dey destroy boozeThere have to be loses while mutani Kano dey destroy booze...
Re: International Breweries Shreholders Meet, After Six Years Of Posting Losses by Ashawoman82: 4:28pm On Feb 19
Parydelegate:
Respite at last

Posting dividends in this BAT administration is not an easy feat even if na 2 kobo...its on record they paid shareholders dividends.

I still bought Trophy for 200 naira at the bar were I went to watch AFCON final. May it was because I wore my APC cap that's why it was sold to be at that price.
grin check well no be beer them give u.
Re: International Breweries Shreholders Meet, After Six Years Of Posting Losses by seniorkachion(m): 5:19pm On Feb 19
Nigeria Breweries also posted losses of over 100B for year 2023.
Waiting for Guinness Breweries financials.
Re: International Breweries Shreholders Meet, After Six Years Of Posting Losses by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:14pm On Feb 19
Good news to religious leaders. grin
Re: International Breweries Shreholders Meet, After Six Years Of Posting Losses by allthingsgood: 6:33pm On Feb 19
Parydelegate:
Respite at last

They have posting losses for 6years. Was BAT here 6years ago

Mtscheeeew
Re: International Breweries Shreholders Meet, After Six Years Of Posting Losses by marenkurz: 6:58pm On Feb 19
I'll check their shares. Maybe it is a good time to buy some

(1) (2) (Reply)

Farming As A Good Venture In Ogun State / Nigeria’s Inflation Rate For August Hits 17.6% - NBS / CBN Directs Bdcs Not To Sell FX Above 2% Margin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.